Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12302481 times)

Offline JakeJoe

• Main Stander
  • @AcademyLFC
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve lads like?
« Reply #88760 on: June 21, 2016, 11:51:25 am »
Toni Gomes played 45 mins for Portugal u18s in their 1-0 loss to Russia yesterday.Think he will return to Liverpool now.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #88761 on: June 21, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »
Don't want him taking penalties though based on that :P

Mods, this is ban-worthy.
Justice For The 96

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88762 on: June 22, 2016, 07:42:38 am »
Mods, this is ban-worthy.
The only one shown in the video was awful :(

Is he normally good at them?

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #88763 on: June 23, 2016, 12:14:27 am »
The only one shown in the video was awful :(

Is he normally good at them?

Yeah, he's great. I'd want him in the first team for his penalties and socks alone, but he can also play a bit.
Justice For The 96

Offline JakeJoe

• Main Stander
  • @AcademyLFC
« Reply #88764 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:08 am »
Watch all goals and assists of Marko Grujic here:
https://youtu.be/yoIZDUXCmkA

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88765 on: June 23, 2016, 05:06:44 pm »
From Ted Knuston who worked at Brentford bit about Canos and what we might do with youth player loans:

We had Sergi Canos at Brentford last season, and I love Sergi. I think he has the potential to be an elite wide forward that can press. He loves that side of the game, mentality is fantastic, clever kid.

We talked to Liverpool potentially what to do next year, or this coming season, and Liverpool decided to keep all of their prospects in house as long as possible this summer, to give Klopp and his guys the chance to assess them and how they fit in, building a long-term idea of how all these players might fit in for the future.

I thought that was really clever, because it’s so unusual for a club to do this. Liverpool have a really good pipeline of attacking players coming through, and also they have a top coach named Pepijn Lijnders who moved into the first team squad, but helped polish these guys. You have Sergi, Ojo, Jordon Ibe, etc, but you have to figure out how these guys fit into the plan, now and in the next few years.
http://statsbomb.com/2016/06/rumour-has-it-statsbomb-transfers-podcast-1/

Was probably obvious with the number of friendlies, but looks like a fair few might get a chance in preseason.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88766 on: June 23, 2016, 06:04:53 pm »
I wonder if football is moving in a direction where very young players will be encouraged to actually enjoy the pressing aspect of the game. If so, maybe it'll come with a rise in general proficiency. In the first team, the difference between players who enjoy pressing and those who do it because they have to is stark, as is the difference between those who are good at it, and those who aren't. Even players who put 100% into it aren't necessarily particularly effective with it.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #88767 on: June 26, 2016, 01:47:50 am »
I wonder if football is moving in a direction where very young players will be encouraged to actually enjoy the pressing aspect of the game. If so, maybe it'll come with a rise in general proficiency. In the first team, the difference between players who enjoy pressing and those who do it because they have to is stark, as is the difference between those who are good at it, and those who aren't. Even players who put 100% into it aren't necessarily particularly effective with it.

Yes, good question.
Reminds me of that Pepin Ljinders interview from a year or so ago, where he talks about how he tells the kids it is their ball and if the other side gets it, we get it back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Woodburnwonder

• Kemlynite
« Reply #88768 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:05 am »
I am expecting big things from Coyle, Woodburn, Brewster for the u18 this season.

I think Philips and Chirivella will be outstanding for the u21s. Not sure what we are doing with Trent Alexander Arnold I think playing him at right back is Daft.  If the club  don't think he will make it as a cm. surely cb would be the best place for the lad.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:15:01 am by Woodburnwonder »

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88769 on: June 27, 2016, 02:48:26 am »
I am expecting big things from Coyle, Woodburn, Brewster for the u18 this season.

I think Philips and Chirivella will be outstanding for the u21s. Not sure what we are doing with Trent Alexander Arnold I think playing him at right back is Daft.  If the club  don't think he will make it as a cm. surely cb would be the best place for the lad.

Out of the number of positions Trent AA has played, he lasts certainly looked best as a right back. That's why the club see his future there. He has that engine to get up and down well, is a good defender, supports the attack well and has some height to help him in the air.

Also it's no secret that you're a lot more likely to get game time as a right back than as a centre-back, so it also makes sense to really work hard on his game at full back, get himself involved in the first team squad. There's no reason at all later down the line he still might well be an asset as a centre back.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88770 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:32 pm »
Stephane Henchoz has been talking about how money is ruining English youth development today and this example he gave jumped out at me:

At Easter, I spent a week at the Liverpool academy. I watched the workouts and, clearly, a 12-year-old stood out. One of the coaches told me that Manchester City had offered 60,000 francs to engage. Double the annual salary of his father, an electrician.

Reminded me of this from a Tottenham coach earlier this year:

One club in the PL is paying £24,000 a year for a 9 year old and one of the 16 y.o lads at Spurs (Edwards?) was offered £250,000 to go up North (City?) Spurs were honest with the player that they we not going to do that, you stay here and get your £30,000 but if you want to go, go and all the time [the coach] has to fight against the corruption and business interest of the game.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88771 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03:06 pm »
Thats not really surprising. Interested in knowing if Henchoz was just visiting or doing something for his coaching badges.

Offline Teigen

• RAWK doesn't post stuff from NOTW.
  • Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #88772 on: June 29, 2016, 08:42:05 pm »
Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet are running a story about Edvard Sandvik Tagseth, a 15 year old who signed for Liverpool last year. He is being described as the biggest talent from Norway in modern times, and he's even more complete than Martin Odegaard (Real Madrid) was at the same age.
He will move to Liverpool in January 2017 where he'll play with U16 team.
Probably a bit early to get too excited about this, but it will be interesting to follow this boy in a couple of years.

link to article: http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/edvard-15-omtales-som-norges-storste-talent-i-nyere-tid-det-inkluderer-martin-odegaard/60258181

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88773 on: June 29, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »
Stephane Henchoz has been talking about how money is ruining English youth development today and this example he gave jumped out at me:

Reminded me of this from a Tottenham coach earlier this year:

This isn't new. Back in the 70s and 80s clubs would offer parents jobs and a house to move them up there. Before Paul Gascoigne signed for Spurs he went back and fore between them and Man Utd to see how many members of his family he could bag a brand new car for.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88774 on: June 29, 2016, 10:21:04 pm »
Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet are running a story about Edvard Sandvik Tagseth, a 15 year old who signed for Liverpool last year. He is being described as the biggest talent from Norway in modern times, and he's even more complete than Martin Odegaard (Real Madrid) was at the same age.
He will move to Liverpool in January 2017 where he'll play with U16 team.
Probably a bit early to get too excited about this, but it will be interesting to follow this boy in a couple of years.

MENU
SPORT
MORE
TALENT FULL: Edvard Sandvik Tagseth this week on national team in Porsgrunn. Photo: John T. Pedersen / Dagbladet more
Edward (15) referred to as the largest talent in recent times. It includes Martin Ødegaard
- He's almost scary complete.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK (428) 5 HOURS AGO
 Joachim Baardsen In PORSGRUNN

Porsgrunn (Dagbladet): - I always wanted to be a footballer. It's something I've been conscious of.

It's national team in Porsgrunn. Some of the biggest talents in progress with a game sequence on Kjølnes Athletic Park. 15 year old Edvard Sandvik Tagseth dropper right shoulder down to the ground, before following a fast weight transfer to jerk left. Opponent-back can not keep up. Tactician shift to the little winger is too fast.

With 30 meters of green grass in front of him accelerates Sandvik Tagseth further. The ball is passed never more than a few centimeters in front of left foot at a time. Her gaze lifted. On the back post looks G15 national team player with his team mates. Seconds later turned the ball between defense and goalkeeper with great precision before the magnificent crossbar traded in scoring a slight later.

BALL ARTIST: How referred Sandvik Tagseth. Photo: John T. Pedersen / Dagbladet more
- Extremely talent

The ability to create an imbalance in your opponent is a rare and coveted commodity in football. That is one reason that Liverpool got Sandvik Tagseth to commit to the club on a 4-year contract already in August last year.

NFF talent manager Håkon Grøttland (35) rattles pop up several causes for the English and several other top European teams' interest. From 2010 to 2014 followed 35-year-old Martin Ødegaard (17) carefully as talent develops in Buskerud SoccerCircle, and we all know drammenserens almost fairy-tale-like story that took him from the swift to Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Grøttland believes that Sandvik Tagseth is more perfect than Ødegaard was the same age, ie year before Real Madrid player debuted in the Premier League and the national team.

- Edward is an extremely talented. He is farther than it Ødegaard was. It is dangerous to say, but he's very much of it Ødegaard had and some more. He's almost scary complete to be so young, tells Grøttland Dagbladet.

TALENT MANAGER: NFF Hakon Grøttland on gathering in Porsgrunn. Photo: John T. Pedersen / Dagbladet more
Signed by Liverpool and Nike
Nike has also become aware of Sandvik Tagseth. Dagbladet stated last year that global equipment supplier had reached an agreement with Ødegaard , as they have done with the youngster from Frosta in Nord-Trondelag. In the sunshine in Porsgrunn is Sandvik Tagseth wearing orange boots of the same type as, among others, Cristiano Ronaldo (31) uses. According Trønder-Avisa involves contract that Sandvik Tagseth receive clothing, shoes and an annual sum of money to front Nike until 2019.

SPONSORED BY NIKE: Sandvik Tagseth had orange Nike boots on training in Porsgrunn. Photo: John T. Pedersen / Dagbladet more
The deal is remarkable for a 15 year old but super talent takes the accompanying attention and praise from the outside world with peace. Instead of thinking about the next skobestilling, focuses Sandvik Tagseth to perform on the pitch. Currently he commute to Liverpool two weeks at a time every month. In January 2017 residence address solely on Merseyside, where he enjoys working in games for favorite club G15- and G16-crew.

- It goes very well in Liverpool. The quality is high, so I get developed me well there. It's different than in Norway. There is a better level, more professional and more demanding physically, but I feel I have handled it well, says Sandvik Tagseth.

Passes on
Grøttland and G15 coach Gunnar Halle concur that Sandvik Tagseth probably is the best player who has been inside the NFF system in recent times. Left edge has been good having started to work systematically with technical exercises already as quad age - at home in a barn that dad had turned into a turf hall.

THRIVE ON SHARING: Sandvik Tagseth appreciate being on the G15 team. Photo: John T. Pedersen / Dagbladet more
Now NFF coaches cherish jewel her in the hope that Sandvik Tagseth few years can become a real star for Norwegian national team. Shortly would therefore go a delegation comprising among others Halle, Jarl Torske and circuit responsible Trondelag to Liverpool. The journey is part of an attempt to optimize the approach around the player that is both a facilitator and scorer.

- It must be very exciting to get into one of the world's biggest clubs. I think Liverpool is a good choice. One would think they have a device that will take care of him. The most important thing for Edward now is that he gets the most possible good weekdays, it is not too much travel and appearances, believes Grøttland itself.

Followed up by Liverpool legend
In England, former Liverpool player Steve Heighway among men who govern everyday to Trønder. Iren played over 300 matches for red Royen from 1970 to 1981 and was director of the academy when names like Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher broke through.

If Sandvik Tagseth continuing development, he believes that the chance will come also for him. So far, 15-year-old impressed large. Among others go Found in revel form when Liverpool's youth teams competed in Dubai in February. In May ravaged him again, then to Norway during a 12-nations tournament in Central Europe. In battle with some of the foremost talents of countries like Brazil, England, Italy and Croatia were Sandvik Tagseth one of the stars, says Halle.

G15 TRAINER: Teams legend Gunnar Halle is the development of the next generation of players which hopefully will contribute to Norway in the future.

- He is an amazing talent. We saw it when we played down there, he was one of the best in the tournament. The important thing now is that both he and the others we have on the team is earthy. It requires a lot of bragging rights. He has not started with senior football even, but I have great faith in him. Edvard're fantastic to speed, walk past people and create an imbalance. In addition he is both learning and training willing, said the former Leeds full-back.

- It's the combination of being a small artist offensively and one that does the job defensively which is very exciting, supplementing Grøttland.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #88775 on: June 30, 2016, 01:23:32 am »
Few Q's

is there a reason why we have so few genuine strikers at youth level? (Sinclair seemed the only option last season -- or at the rest too young or not ready to step up?)
Any promising CM's or CB's coming through? Oh and we could do with a genuine good LB....

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
« Reply #88776 on: June 30, 2016, 10:26:48 am »
Sinclair's off  :wanker
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #88777 on: June 30, 2016, 10:39:58 am »
I just remembered Tiago Ilori exists.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #88778 on: June 30, 2016, 11:29:28 am »
The fact the club aren't letting the fee get settled via a tribunal means we must be getting more than fair terms (fee, sell on etc).

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88779 on: June 30, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88780 on: June 30, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »
If I read that story correctly, Eddie "Sandy" Toxteth is a left winger? Youtube has nothing recent that I could find.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88781 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:49 pm »
Full match vs Milan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN9TSKVV3C0

Looks like Tagseth is number 11. Think Glatzel, Dixon-Bonner, Longstaff and Curtis Jones are starting as well.
If you have the time to watch the full thing.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88782 on: June 30, 2016, 08:51:00 pm »
Apparently Andy Firth hasn't been released either. 

‏@MichaelBeale  tweets Congrats Andy.   

Offline Teigen

• RAWK doesn't post stuff from NOTW.
  • Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #88783 on: June 30, 2016, 09:43:25 pm »
If I read that story correctly, Eddie "Sandy" Toxteth is a left winger? Youtube has nothing recent that I could find.

Some clips here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ef36qYqaHIo
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CtYn2llwRXg

Most of these kids are below average, but it's easy to see tha this kid is special.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88784 on: June 30, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
Some clips here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ef36qYqaHIo
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CtYn2llwRXg

Most of these kids are below average, but it's easy to see tha this kid is special.

Yeah, thanks for sharing.

Both of those are a year old, though, just wondering if there was footage from the last year rather than the one before?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88785 on: July 1, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »
Vigeroux to Swindon has been confirmed, good news for both sides.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88786 on: July 1, 2016, 03:01:11 pm »
Apparently Andy Firth hasn't been released either. 

‏@MichaelBeale  tweets Congrats Andy.
Another player kept on just to make up the numbers i would say. The same with the contract for Brewitt.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2016, 03:10:18 pm by dakid »

Offline SkySportsNewsToo

• According to Sky Sources he's Liverpool's number one fan... he's got a mug and everything...Can't decide if he's Jiff Torres, Jiff LFC or Ian
  • Main Stander
  • Nothin right now
« Reply #88787 on: July 3, 2016, 11:40:19 am »
Hope we do add some class u-18 players this summer.

In such a bad mood looking at united signing three top talents from Pachuca. Irritates me to the worse.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #88788 on: July 3, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »
At Liverpool Academy this year Bobby Adekanye & Toni Gomes both 17 years old are my two to watch out for this Season.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #88789 on: July 3, 2016, 06:55:02 pm »
At Liverpool Academy this year Bobby Adekanye & Toni Gomes both 17 years old are my two to watch out for this Season.

Yep,looking forward to seeing Gomez develop.
Ovie Ejaria looks to be one for the future too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #88790 on: July 3, 2016, 07:50:18 pm »
Yep,looking forward to seeing Gomez develop.
Ovie Ejaria looks to be one for the future too.

Do tell.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #88791 on: July 3, 2016, 08:00:43 pm »
Do tell.

From what I have seen he seems to have a sort of confident swagger to his game.
I don't see him breaking through next term,but has great ability.
Another year & I reckon he'll be on the fringes.
Early long shot comparison if there was one,maybe a Kanu in the making.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88792 on: July 4, 2016, 07:36:38 am »
Could be a good U21 side.

Ward
Randall   Masterson    Brewitt  Smith
                   Arnold    Philips     
     Adekanye      Dhanda    Ejaria
                          Gomes

Seems like that's a mixture of the best players from last years u18's and a few guys in the first team that probably won't see game time. I quite like the look of all of them actually.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88793 on: July 4, 2016, 11:36:21 am »

Ward
                   Arnold    Philips     
                          Gomes

Seems like that's a mixture of the best players from last years u18's and a few guys in the first team that probably won't see game time. I quite like the look of all of them actually.

Ward should be playing first team football somewhere.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88794 on: July 4, 2016, 11:58:06 am »
Ward should be playing first team football somewhere.

Smith too, whether it's on loan or permanently.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88795 on: July 4, 2016, 12:53:57 pm »

Ward
                   Arnold    Philips     
                          Gomes

There's quite a few who have made the transition to the 1st team that will need games with the U21's this year as well.  Ojo, Ibe, Brannagan, Stewart, Chirevella, Canos (if he's here).  Anyone else I'm missing?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88796 on: July 4, 2016, 01:03:53 pm »
There's quite a few who have made the transition to the 1st team that will need games with the U21's this year as well.  Ojo, Ibe, Brannagan, Stewart, Chirevella, Canos (if he's here).  Anyone else I'm missing?

Unless they go out on loan or are sold Lloyd Jones, Jordan Williams, Ryan Kent.  That doesn't include Harry Wilson who doesn't yet appear on teh first team squad page on LFC site, and I'm not including Jack Dunn because I think pending fitness, he'll almost definitely go out on loan. 

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88797 on: July 4, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »

Which brings us back to the shortage of games. Ojo, Ibe, Canos, Wilson, Kent, all competing with Adekanye and Ejaria, they'll be lucky to get four games each all season.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88798 on: July 4, 2016, 01:19:09 pm »
Which brings us back to the shortage of games. Ojo, Ibe, Canos, Wilson, Kent, all competing with Adekanye and Ejaria, they'll be lucky to get four games each all season.

I hope someone behind the scenes is hard at work scheduling extra games for that group otherwise, like you said, they'll all get about 4 games each. 

Offline JakeJoe

• Main Stander
  • @AcademyLFC
« Reply #88799 on: July 4, 2016, 03:50:08 pm »
And Man City signs our u16s GK Louie Moulden.