Author Topic: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle  (Read 91407 times)

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Re: Round table: Firmino the next piece in the puzzle
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
I laugh at the fools who say he's a waste of money. He's been blighted by injury and a stop start beginning to his career at Liverpool. Give this lad a sustained run of games and watch him go. Quality.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:24 pm »
Should have buried that chance and should have slid Origi through in the first half, when he went for that shot to the far corner.

Going to be a heck of a player for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:44 pm »
It's coming and when it does watch out.  ;D

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2015, 09:46:27 pm »
Should have buried that chance and should have slid Origi through in the first half, when he went for that shot to the far corner.

Those start going right with full fitness and a run in the team. Hopefully he'll have both soon.
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2015, 09:46:35 pm »
lol he wanted to return the champagne for MOM :D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2015, 09:52:21 pm »
Will he start Saturday?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2015, 09:52:27 pm »
This guy is gonna be a monster for us once he fully settles and adjusts totally to the pace of the league.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »
Great understanding with Ibe. Fantastic player. I now see who we've bought.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2015, 09:59:37 pm »
Worth remembering this guy has played 260 mins of league football for us so far, the equivalent of four full games, and most of it off the subs bench. When he gets settled in properly and some of our regular players return he's gonna be an absolute monster.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2015, 10:11:59 pm »
Eh, the first match for us when he came on he flicked the ball up from a dead situation to beat the defender. His flicks are like futsal, the nutmeg today before taking the shot was brilliant.

He's going to be a big big player for us and I think it's clear he's the player who will play behind the striker.

He's class, want to see him behind Sturridge and Benteke

Online DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2015, 10:19:05 pm »
Going to be a fantastic player for us.

What's evident is how exemplary his decision making in the final third is, with the quality to match. He takes so few superfluous touches, and is always looking for ways to link up play and penetrate.

When he knows the language and settles into the league, and importantly has a midfield which can get him on the ball, with a Striker he can feed, he'll be a beast.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2015, 10:20:43 pm »
Should have buried that chance

He should have certainly hit the target.

But the great thing about that chance was he made it himself with his pressing, which is superb.

He's a class act.  Needs to be central.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:19 pm »
Coutinho-Firmino-Ibe is the way forward, really good performance tonight. I was slightly worried after his first few games but I have been impressed with some of his recent cameos, tonight he got the chance from the start and looked a cut above. If he had his shooting boots on it would have been even better. Seems the type who'll be well suited to a big away game like a trip to Stamford Bridge...

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2015, 10:55:00 pm »
I have no doubts about him. He's going to be a great player for us.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2015, 11:18:25 pm »
I haven't been worried by anything I've seen from him, even his first few games. He finds pockets of space nicely, excellent touch, can beat a man comfortably and works hard. He hasn't shone because we're yet to really get a quick passing attack going, but once we do, he's going to excel in it.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2015, 11:43:41 pm »
Now that he realizes that he can keep the champagne, watch him put a series of performance worthy of POTM 😀
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2015, 11:56:37 pm »
beautiful first touch just beautiful

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:55 am »
Watching his all-touches video vs Bournemouth it struck me how few touches he actually takes each time he's on the ball. Usually just two, often even just one. It speeds our attack up a lot and adds an element of unpredictability that's badly needed. He's going to be awesome with Klopp.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:09 am »
Watching his all-touches video vs Bournemouth it struck me how few touches he actually takes each time he's on the ball. Usually just two, often even just one. It speeds our attack up a lot and adds an element of unpredictability that's badly needed. He's going to be awesome with Klopp.

I hate to compare players, but he's like a silkier Lallana with his touches.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:43 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DsUwBOgWVIo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DsUwBOgWVIo</a>

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2015, 08:04:28 am »
I hate to compare players, but he's like a silkier Lallana with his touches.

A word i used to the lad next to me in the KOP last night. Silky. The guy is Silkier than a Beijing Silk Market.

I know one Swallow does not a summer make but Firmino stood out for me last night like a beacon.  He made a nice little cameo at the weekend and looked lively when he came on.  As good as damn it a full game last night where he was head and shoulders MOTM,

I can't see him not starting on Saturday its just the question of where Klopp will play him.

Any feasibility in this?:

Lucas Can
Milner Phil Lallana
Firmino

His first touch is majestic and your right he doesnt fuck about getting things moving.  Linked up with the right players (Daniel Sturridge springs to mind) this guy is going to be devastating.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:06:43 am by Buck Pete »

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2015, 08:06:19 am »
I reckon he will start up front on Saturday with Coutinho, Lallana and Milner behind him!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2015, 08:11:03 am »
It was refreshing to see the likes of him and Tex playing yesterday. That little bit of creative spark/flair that we seem to be missing in the final third.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2015, 08:16:02 am »
It was refreshing to see the likes of him and Tex playing yesterday. That little bit of creative spark/flair that we seem to be missing in the final third.

Just watched the video posted above of all of Firmino's touches/moves.  Thanks Mr boywunder, great work!! :)

Didn't realize Tex was involved in so many.  So many positives to take from last nights game and only really Kolo's injury the negative.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2015, 08:18:32 am »
I reckon he will start up front on Saturday with Coutinho, Lallana and Milner behind him!

Klopp said Benteke will start.

Hopefully with this lad behind him. Convinced he has what it takes, I'm not worried about our Bob.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2015, 08:22:01 am »
Love him, great attitude and very skilful. Very excited about him.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2015, 08:29:32 am »
Well not going to lie I was worried good to hear /read so many positive updates

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2015, 08:55:28 am »
I was impressed, he speeds up the attack with his quick passes. As a team we hold onto the ball far too long and often play the safe pass, we need more like Firmino who are comfortable in tight spaces.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2015, 08:55:44 am »
Amazing to see what you see when you play players in their best positions within a coherent system.

This lad is going to be very special for us - could see that he was already building an understanding with Ibe - there was smooth interplay between those two in and around box.

He looked happy last night, like he was having fun - I hadn't seen any of that under the previous manager.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:57 am »
Had a very decent game, not spectacular, just needs to get game sharp and im sure he will kick on, he would be helped (Ibe did this last night) if we made the pitch as wide as possible, as would other players but Firmino certainly isnt helped when we congest central positions

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:34 am »
The faster the football is played and the closer to goal he is, the better he plays. He is a proper number 10, far more than Coutinho who I don't think is a number 10 at all.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:14 am »
I like that he doesnt feel, just because he is a 10, that he has to be showy all the time, take it, give it back and drop into a position to take it straight back....and then repeat....Markovic is this type of player and could work well with Firmino

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:29 am »
If these ridiculous injury problems persist, I wouldn't mind trying him as a striker. Not his best position probably, but I think he would be a bigger threat than Origi.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2015, 09:22:11 am »
Had a very decent game, not spectacular, just needs to get game sharp and im sure he will kick on, he would be helped (Ibe did this last night) if we made the pitch as wide as possible, as would other players but Firmino certainly isnt helped when we congest central positions
That's the job of the full backs, and they weren't helping much yesterday. Clyne was ok, but he's much better on the right. Randall got more brave towards the end, after a rough start, and that made a big difference for our attack.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2015, 09:24:09 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DsUwBOgWVIo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DsUwBOgWVIo</a>

Cheers. Kept the ball all the time, more or less. Was involved in the goal, had a couple of shots himself. That video gave me a better impression than I had after last night's game. Good performance.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2015, 09:30:14 am »
That's the job of the full backs, and they weren't helping much yesterday. Clyne was ok, but he's much better on the right. Randall got more brave towards the end, after a rough start, and that made a big difference for our attack.

Yes of course, to a degree full backs do it but not in the way a natural wide man can, a full back has to be aware of whats behind so cant play as high up the pitch and thats where we need space creating.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:16 am »
Interesting to see who misses out, out of Lallano, Firmino, Coutinho and Milner?! Id leave Coutinho out on current form!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2015, 09:35:17 am »
Very very good performance, especially considering the game time he's had so far and the rustiness with injury.

All he was missing last night was that clinicalness in front of goal.  But that will come.  You can see he has goals in him.

Our game was just so fast with him involved.  I think thats what I liked the best.

Offline ShayGuevara

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2015, 09:45:09 am »

Chelsea will inevitably man mark Coutinho with Matic, for that reason I think Firmino would be of more value linking the play in midfield as we suffer when Coutinho is man marked.

"The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It's the way I see football, the way I see life" Bill Shankly

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:07 am »
Chelsea will inevitably man mark Coutinho with Matic, for that reason I think Firmino would be of more value linking the play in midfield as we suffer when Coutinho is man marked.

I think its also very hard to man mark a player who constantly recycles the ball and doesn't hold onto it for long at all.

I'd say in full flow, Firmino is a man markers nightmare.