Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 486686 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Sign Nuri Sahin
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2012, 11:16:17 am »
I dont think were tat far from being a really good team. If we keep Andy C and use him as an option with/instead of Borini every now and then, then thats not a bad fron two to go with. If we do sell Andy then its imperative that we get a good finisher. As far as I can see its the only real weakness we will have.

Our defence is sound and I really rate robinson as a back up left back. The lads got a good future.
Right back is sorted with either Glen or Mathew.
Middle pairing as normal but Coatesy needs to start getting an outing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Middle 3 of Allen, Lucas and Sahin is quality across the centre.

Borini/Andy/Luis/Downing/Stirling/Gerrard up front isnt to shabby either.

IF (and its a big ask) we can get 4th this year, and I wouldnt say is out of the question - just our belief that worries me - then we get get Sahin to stay for CL footy. Job done and the start of another glorious reign.

Fuckin sorted!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2012, 11:19:56 am »
I dont think were tat far from being a really good team. If we keep Andy C and use him as an option with/instead of Borini every now and then, then thats not a bad fron two to go with. If we do sell Andy then its imperative that we get a good finisher. As far as I can see its the only real weakness we will have.

Our defence is sound and I really rate robinson as a back up left back. The lads got a good future.
Right back is sorted with either Glen or Mathew.
Middle pairing as normal but Coatesy needs to start getting an outing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Middle 3 of Allen, Lucas and Sahin is quality across the centre.

Borini/Andy/Luis/Downing/Stirling/Gerrard up front isnt to shabby either.

IF (and its a big ask) we can get 4th this year, and I wouldnt say is out of the question - just our belief that worries me - then we get get Sahin to stay for CL footy. Job done and the start of another glorious reign.

Fuckin sorted!!!
sahin isnt staying, hes going back to real. xabi alonso on the other hand...
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2012, 11:21:07 am »
On paper, a midfield of Lucas, Allen and Sahin should work, with Gerrard being moved further forward.

The best part of the deal is that we've fucked up Arsenal's plans. If he turns out to be a decent player for us, even better.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2012, 11:21:14 am »
Who do you think will sit out Filler ? 

Just don't think it'll be a case of anyone sitting out as such. You've got some very good options there with Lucas, Allen and Sahin (possibly first choice?), with Henderson, Gerrard and Shelvey. We'll see I guess.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2012, 11:22:09 am »
Sahin celebrating a last minute winner in front of Podolski after Podolski had clattered him in a challenge.  :lmao

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2012, 11:23:24 am »
FFS, you moaners ! Here is proof !

From the Times :

"Real have accepted Liverpool’s offer to pay 70 per cent of Sahin’s wages to take him on loan for the rest of the season. Arsenal had been prepared to pay only 60 per cent, but were unwilling to accept an option price of £14 million at the end of the season, and despite the added lure of Champions League football now look likely to miss out on one of Arsène Wenger’s summer transfer targets. "

---Tony Barett. "

70 % of 120 K is somewhere around 85K. Make that a year long and it is approximately  £5 million. No buy out clause as of now. That is the deal.

And no other fees involved ?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2012, 11:23:34 am »
Get in. Great signing. Game changer

Allen/Lucas/Sahin is mouth watering.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:36 am »
Sahin celebrating a last minute winner in front of Podolski after Podolski had clattered him in a challenge.  :lmao

Superb!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:55 am »
Just don't think it'll be a case of anyone sitting out as such. You've got some very good options there with Lucas, Allen and Sahin (possibly first choice?), with Henderson, Gerrard and Shelvey. We'll see I guess.
No cover for Lucas, and no one capable of being the creative player behind the striker. No cover for Enrique and no striker we really need. But we have signed for a season a player that makes the 15m we spent on Henderson last season redundant.

Sahin is a top player, but Arsenal were spot on looking for an option to buy. We are just getting Sahin ready for Madrid, while paying for the pleasure. It's akin to fathead taking players from Utd on loan to see if they are ready for whiskeynose.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:09 am »
Get in. Great signing. Game changer

Allen/Lucas/Sahin is mouth watering.

I feel kind of sorry for the opposition trying to get the ball off this trio.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:22 am »
Hits the post twice in that video. He's a Liverpool player all right.

Precisely what I noticed. :( But at least there were a couple of goals in there too.
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:31 am »
ohh yes soooooperb delighted at this signing get in
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:49 am »
Pretty quality side/squad in general now.

One more decent forward/winger and we're sorted I think

Reina/Jones
Johnson/Kelly Skrtel/Carra Agger/Coates Enrique/Robinson
Sahin/Shelvey Allen/Adam Lucas/Henderson
Gerrard/Downing Suarez/Carroll Borini/Sterling

Plenty of options around - depending on how Arsenal/Spurs replace Song/Modric we could have a shot at 4th...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:59 am »
No cover for Lucas, and no one capable of being the creative player behind the striker. No cover for Enrique and no striker we really need. But we have signed for a season a player that makes the 15m we spent on Henderson last season redundant.

Sahin is a top player, but Arsenal were spot on looking for an option to buy. We are just getting Sahin ready for Madrid, while paying for the pleasure. It's akin to fathead taking players from Utd on loan to see if they are ready for whiskeynose.

Yeah, because he will not strengthen us next season what so ever.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:00 am »
And no other fees involved ?

Nada. Not reported anyway.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:43 am »
Yeah, because he will not strengthen us next season what so ever.
What happens once he goes? We have to replace him once again. Short term hopefulness, with a headache at the end. Brilliant.

We are a crèche for Maureen.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2012, 11:28:13 am »
Welcome Nuri

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2012, 11:29:12 am »
What happens once he goes? We have to replace him once again. Short term hopefulness, with a headache at the end. Brilliant.

If he improves us this season then that's the aim. If he helps us to get into the top 4 then we will deal with the hole then.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:29 am »

If he improves us this season then that's the aim. If he helps us to get into the top 4 then we will deal with the hole then.
You are fucking kidding? Why look past this season. Fuck sake. If we don't get 4th what do we do? not deal with it.

Why look past this season, I'm using that.

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:47 am »
If we can add a striker to our side, we have had a good transfer period. Sahin, Allen, Borini and Assaidi isn 't half bad. Hopefully we can clear out the deadwood once more aswell.
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2012, 11:31:40 am »

well except it isn't. Shelvey is Lucas's back up, or sahin, or whoever, if he gets injured we just play a little more offensive that's all. Allen/sahin/Gerrard isn't a bad midfield, though it doesn't free gerrard up enough, shelvey/sahin/allen works too. Even if henderson is thrown in we have a good midfield. We have 60 games to play and 6 midfielders for 3 positions if spearing and adam are allowed to leave. If we then add dempsey who can cover in midfield in a dire emergency, then we really have the attacking positions covered. Though maybe they are a bit shaky  up front as far as how good they are at finishing. left back needs cover though.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline mb1111

• fucking rubbish poster
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2012, 11:32:27 am »
Great signing, credit to the club for pulling it off.

Offline Swansea Red

• Stuck in no mans land
  • Kopite
  • Leave Swansea Red alone!
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2012, 11:33:07 am »
Great signing but 5 million quid for ONE season loan?  Am I missing something here?

Crazy money.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:09 am »
You are fucking kidding? Why look past this season. Fuck sake. If we don't get 4th what do we do? not deal with it.

even if sahin is on 9 million pounds worth of wages and fee for the year that's a one year player cost comparable to all our top players. if we are just paying real 5, then he is about as costly as coates.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

We only have one of mourinhos players on loan so hardly a crèche. It's a one off

As for what we're going to do at the end of the season, maybe players like shelvey and hendo would have gained enough confidence and improvement to pick up the baton.

Or maybe we will have cash at that time to by someone else

I think brend has done well this transfer windows considering how tight the purse strings are at the moment

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:37 am »

:wellin

That boss

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:39 am »
Short term hopefulness, with a headache at the end. Brilliant.

Yes, we would rather have long term optimism by signing players like Poulsen, Adam and Downing isn't it ?  ::)

He strengthens the squad, that's what is important. If by chance we reach a top 4 spot with his help, we would be in a much better position to get a replacement or sign him permanently.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:50 am »
well except it isn't. Shelvey is Lucas's back up, or sahin, or whoever, if he gets injured we just play a little more offensive that's all. Allen/sahin/Gerrard isn't a bad midfield, though it doesn't free gerrard up enough, shelvey/sahin/allen works too. Even if henderson is thrown in we have a good midfield. We have 60 games to play and 6 midfielders for 3 positions if spearing and adam are allowed to leave. If we then add dempsey who can cover in midfield in a dire emergency, then we really have the attacking positions covered. Though maybe they are a bit shaky  up front as far as how good they are at finishing. left back needs cover though.
How is Shelvey Lucas's backup? The guy is no where near good enough to do that.

We have bought two midfielders that don't do what we need, cover for Lucas and someone that can create behind the striker in the three in midfield. 

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35:10 am »
Nada. Not reported anyway.
so in essence, for one years worth of services we are paying 5 million with no option to buy?

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35:56 am »
Great signing but 5 million quid for ONE season loan?  Am I missing something here?

Crazy money.

There must be a reason why we've paid that amount, if indeed we have.

Offline fizyboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:31 am »
-----------------Reina----------------
Johnson--Agger--Skrtel--Enrique--
----------------Lucas----------------
--------Allen------------Sahin-------
---------------Gerrard---------------
--------Suarez------Borini----------

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:40 am »
Amazing signing.

Don't care he is only here for a year or what we paid - would much rather that headache than not having him at all.

Allen/Lucas/Sahin - truely worldclass midfield.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:12 am »
so in essence, for one years worth of services we are paying 5 million with no option to buy?

Indeed. It's like Joe Cole with world class returns on the pitch.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:15 am »
How is Shelvey Lucas's backup? The guy is no where near good enough to do that.

We have bought two midfielders that don't do what we need, cover for Lucas and someone that can create behind the striker in the three in midfield.
Sahin can create behind the striker, i dont think we need a like to like replacement for lucas. I think we can run a midfield with allen gerrard and sahin. Gerrard cancreate behind the striker thats for sure, and whilst we wont break up play as well without lucas, itll be a better midfield for offense, and quite frankly there are only 2 or 3 teams with a player comparable to lucas. Having a player in his exact mold as back up isnt a necessity.

Gaston Ramirez.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:15 am »
We only have one of mourinhos players on loan so hardly a crèche. It's a one off

As for what we're going to do at the end of the season, maybe players like shelvey and hendo would have gained enough confidence and improvement to pick up the baton.

Or maybe we will have cash at that time to by someone else

I think brend has done well this transfer windows considering how tight the purse strings are at the moment
Play Henderson and Shevley for experience, don't replace they in the team and hope they suddenly get better next season. Sahin is a top player, but getting him in on loan is stupid, do people not remember the Alonso problem?
Yes, we would rather have long term optimism by signing players like Poulsen, Adam and Downing isn't it ?  ::)

He strengthens the squad, that's what is important. If by chance we reach a top 4 spot with his help, we would be in a much better position to get a replacement or sign him permanently.
Don't fuck straw men around to make your point, Poulsen, Adam and downing have fuck all to do with this.

We need to strengthen in other areas first, in fact Sahin is going to stunt more players that anything.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:41 am »

If we don't get 4th then the deal may not of worked out well.

It's no good looking past this season in terms of this deal, he will improve the squad this season and this season is what currently matters.

If we finish top 4 then we can plug the gap with using the draw and riches of CL football. If we don't get top 4 then all we have lost is some money (which the owners seem willing to take the risk on) and we are left with the same squad as now minus Sahin.

I really don't see the big issue here.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:04 am »

Who gives a shit he's ours, we just signed a player who won the Bundesliga on his own not too long ago. £5m for one year of services is a fucking bargain

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:14 am »
Indeed. It's like Joe Cole with world class returns on the pitch.
awesome. all fees and wages included correct?

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:28 am »
keep all the speculations of money etc to yourselves or disclose your "source" to a member of RAWK Staff.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
There must be a reason why we've paid that amount, if indeed we have.

It's because we're LFC mate, pay top dollar and get peanuts in return.