Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 200595 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Arsenal
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:02:48 pm »

ARSENAL

Arsenal - Emirates Stadium
Website - www.arsenal.com 
Unofficial Sites:
Arsenal Mania
Arsenal Land
Arseweb
Arsenal News Review

Squad Profile & Fixtures

Address: Arsenal FC, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU
Telephone: 020 7704 4000
Fax: 020 7704 4001
24 hour Ticket Info: 020 7704 4242
Box Office: 020 7704 4040
Dial-a-Ticket: 0870 3800 232
Clubcall: 0891 20 20 20
Capacity: 60,355
Away end: 2,914

DIRECTIONS & PARKING
For a street map of the area & the ground click here

By Road
Supporters are strongly advised not to drive to Emirates Stadium. The ground is situated in a mainly residential area with an extensive Event Day Parking Scheme in operation. Only car owners with resident's permits will be allowed to park on-street in the designated areas and any cars parked illegally will be towed away.

By Rail
King's Cross is the main connecting station for national rail and many underground lines. From here you can travel to the ground via the Piccadilly Line (to Arsenal) or the Victoria Line (to Highbury & Islington). Alternatively, a short overground rail journey of one stop will take you to Finsbury Park station.

Arsenal (Piccadilly Line) is the nearest tube station, around three minutes walk from the ground. Finsbury Park (Victoria, Piccadilly Lines and Great Northern rail) and Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line, North London Line and Great Northern rail) stations are around a 10-minute walk - these should be slightly less crowded.

N.B. Holloway Road station will be exit-only before and after matches with pre match eastbound trains non-stopping.

For an Interactive London Underground Map CLICK HERE

Crowd management after matches at Emirates Stadium
To ensure safe entry and exit from local stations, a managed queuing system will be in place.

Arsenal station
Queuing will be outside on Gillespie Road.

Finsbury Park station
Queuing will be outside on Seven Sisters Road/Isledon Road and St Thomas's Road/Rock Street.

Highbury & Islington station
Queuing will be on the south side of Holloway Road. Spectators are advised to follow the route down Holloway Road as no direct access to the station or queuing system will be available from Highbury Fields.

Hornsey Road from Benwell Road to Holloway Road
Closed to pedestrians, emergency access only.

The junction of Drayton Park/Holloway Road
Police controlled crossing point where supporters will be queued and assisted across Holloway Road as quickly as possible.

Thoughts:

With the Emirates, the whole occasion just seems as if it is one big corporate event rather than a football match. Plus the view from the Away end is not that great and you almost question if the stadium did indeed hold 60,000, as the large gaps in the corners below the stadium roof, gave the illusion that it is smaller than what it is. The away fans are also located very close to the home fans, which led to a fair amount of rather unsavoury banter.

On the positive side the stadium is indeed one of quality. It looks and feels that it has not been 'built on the cheap' and is a 'cut above' most other new stadiums built in this country. The atmosphere is pretty poor in all honesty and because of the shallowness of the seats and the spacing it is difficult to get a real atmosphere going.

Away fans at the Emirates Stadium are housed in the lower tier of the South East corner. The normal allocation for away fans will be 3,000 tickets, but this can be increased to around 6,000. Although fans will have big padded seats and plenty of leg room, the lower tier of the stadium is quite shallow (unlike the upper tiers which have plenty of height between rows), meaning that the view might not be as good as you would expect from a new stadium.

Entrance to the stadium is by a 'smart ticket', whereby rather than giving your ticket to a turnstile operator, you enter it into a ticket reader to gain entry. The concourse inside is not that spacious, but just about adequate. There is quite a choice of food on offer. Although pricey it looks pretty good and includes; Fish and chips (£5.90), Scottish Cheeseburger (£4), Hot Dog (£3.50), Balti Pie (£4), Minced Beef & Onion Pie (£4), Roasted vegetables and cauliflower pie (£4) and probably the best value a slice of pizza for £2.50. Alcohol is available in the form of Fosters or John Smiths at £3.20 per pint. However a crowd of fans form into a scrum around the kiosk. It would have been nice if a proper queuing system had been put in place. There are plenty of flat screen televisions on the concourse to keep you entertained, plus there is a Ladbroke betting facility

Pub Guide and extras
The traditional away pub The Drayton Arms is even nearer the new stadium than it was to Highbury. We assume this will remain the "designated" away pub and our coaches will be parked alongside as per previous seasons.

The area is full of decent pubs with likes of The Twelve Pins and The Blackstock (both near Finsbury Park Tube) also welcoming away fans. This old pub guide may still prove useful:

http://www.highburyhigh.co.uk/Pubguide.htm

Away Fans:

Adult - £49
Over 65s - £21
U16s - £19
Wheelchair & PA - £24.50

Stadium Plan

« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:28:54 am by Frank. »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2006, 11:43:18 am »
If i were going this year i'd definitly heed the warning about not driving - went to the Brazil game arlier this year and was a nightmare!!  ended up poarking at the Hilton hotel, Islington which from memory was £1.50 an hour but i suppoose if theres a few of you then it might be ok....

Thing i did notice was the queues for the Tube afterwards...very well organised but they were massive!!  i'd give it an hour after the game though if not in a rush...

Ground very impressive - cofort etc superb...view excellent but as mentioned food very expensive and not always your traditional match day grub (Cauliflour bake!), although, you can still get a pie if you re-mortagge! I decided to starve....

All in all very impressed and will lead to a good away trip....

Offline Paul_McG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:38:48 am »
£2.50 a pint before kick off then up to £3.20 at half time  :o

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2008, 12:07:34 pm »
Very good stadium, transport links were good. Seats far bigger than at Highbury. Was there for the Brazil v Argentina game, not to see the Reds. So my 2penneth may not be worth as much for a competitive match.

Offline IamDave

• Gone back to bed! zzzzZZZZ
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All of you are the "Famous Atmosphere" - SING!!
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2008, 02:25:15 am »
Drayton Park train station is closed on match days.

Euston (main station) to Highbury/Islington station took about 6 minutes.

Pie+pint deal £6.70.  They even sold red/white WINE.  ???  Only took CASH at the Food/Drink stalls.

Seats had square backs and padded bases (n/a during play as we stood  ;)).  Plenty of legroom - one man was on crutches and people could get past him.  Try that at many stadia.  Rows had slight gaps part-way along so one did not have to climb over seats.

The cold wind seemed to whip around the stands at times, and this was April. 

No problem getting in 45 mins before kick-off.  Electronic ticket reader (UEFA take note!) at the turnstiles.

I think the Drayton Park pub had a fish-and-chip shop by it?

60,000+ capacity yet it still took our singing to wake them up.  :P

« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 06:45:03 pm by IamDave »
So these are meat pies.  What kind of meat exactly?

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2008, 08:57:55 pm »
drayton park pub was full of reds before the match but it was closed after the match which is normal i think.

the lord nelson was ok for post match pint or 2 and a good sing song with reds. arsenal fans in there as well who were a good bunch so it was a good crack. overall a good day out with no trouble.

Offline golfthekop

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2008, 12:23:41 pm »
Stadium is good, i think the goodiest stadium in london. Been there several times as my mate is Goonner but never see the red playing there.

Offline liam1984

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2008, 07:43:54 pm »
get your self along when we play em in december
i worked there on the construction 

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2008, 07:46:56 pm »

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »
get your self along when we play em in december
i worked there on the construction 

what do you do mate ?

Offline liam1984

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »
shuttering carpenter mate

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2008, 07:59:07 pm »
shuttering carpenter mate

i am a scaffolder but also done a bit of that as well.

Offline liam1984

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2008, 08:05:46 pm »
less off the work talk now its after hours ha ha
is it cambridge you stay mate

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2008, 08:09:51 pm »
in between cambridge and peterborough really. u from london ?

Offline liam1984

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: October 7, 2008, 08:12:06 pm »
yeah mate stay in london worked up in cambridge in the shopping centre 2 years ago

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hey, there were Skittles in there!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »
I don't know what happened...guess my post got deleted for some odd reason. when before the match do supporters usually rally at the drayton arms? this will be my first red match..hoping to bring the American spirit that our current assclown owners aren't living up to.
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:51:24 pm »
I don't know what happened...guess my post got deleted for some odd reason. when before the match do supporters usually rally at the drayton arms? this will be my first red match..hoping to bring the American spirit that our current assclown owners aren't living up to.
Your first match is Arsenal away? ???

Offline GIRed

• I know what the fuck im talking about, so shut up and maybe you'll learn something.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 04:50:28 pm »
Your first match is Arsenal away? ???

yeah...unfortunately...Its the only time I could get off...but a reds match away is better than none at all
"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you...." -Ike

...09/10...6/19

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 04:57:52 pm »
 ;D
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 02:22:21 pm »
You've seriously missed the point there.

However...

We play Bolton at home 4 days later, I'll swap if you want?

Offline 6TIMES champions OF europe

• Kopite
  • "The one any only, WE'RE LIVERPOOL"
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 08:59:07 am »
can see quite a few skipping this, being so close to xmas and everything.
Liverpool FC

Support     &     Believe

Offline GIRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 04:50:08 pm »
You've seriously missed the point there.

However...

We play Bolton at home 4 days later, I'll swap if you want?

lol...ill be back in the US by then dude. Nice try though. haha

...09/10...6/19

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #22 on: December 1, 2008, 12:12:13 am »
Not sure on a ticket for myself but i'm going nevertheless, excuse to get pissed for the run up to christmas and have a good laugh, and hopefully twat the cockney twats :wanker
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline GIRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 1, 2008, 01:46:15 pm »
Not sure on a ticket for myself but i'm going nevertheless, excuse to get pissed for the run up to christmas and have a good laugh, and hopefully twat the cockney twats :wanker
right on

...09/10...6/19

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 2, 2008, 04:02:48 pm »
lol...ill be back in the US by then dude. Nice try though. haha
I'm not arsed, I'll be at both anyway, just seems a waste for you to have tickets for one of our bigger games when you think it's unfortunate.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 2, 2008, 04:16:09 pm »

How exactly are you getting tickets for this?

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2008, 07:00:34 pm »
Ah sound, just waiting for sos to announce the coach details.

See ye in the drayton!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2008, 08:53:27 pm by dannymc »
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline GIRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 01:42:27 pm »
I'm not arsed, I'll be at both anyway, just seems a waste for you to have tickets for one of our bigger games when you think it's unfortunate.

You took it the wrong way. Its a huge match, yes, but for my first LFC match I'd rather have the Anfield expreience and a seat in the kop. Dont you agree?

...09/10...6/19

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 10:13:28 pm »
You took it the wrong way. Its a huge match, yes, but for my first LFC match I'd rather have the Anfield expreience and a seat in the kop. Dont you agree?

How'd you get the away ticket? Was it off the internet? Do you have a web address?
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline liam1984

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 02:56:48 pm »
drayton arms it is then sunday

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 09:57:04 pm »
I have never been their, really wanna go. Shame, some you can, most you can't. I guess people who deserve to go will go.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 02:21:36 pm »
Where abouts is the Drayton Arms?
Is that where most of the reds rock up to?
Thank heavens it is a late KO, went to the Emirates for the first time last year for an early KO and the atmosphere was shite. at least this time we can have a few beers before KO.

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 06:13:33 pm »
if anyone has a spare , I will be in the drayton arms, I will be wearing a RED shirt ;)

p.s.  ...and a dark wooly hat with a small skull insignia ..
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline GIRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 02:42:41 am »
was at the Piccadilly circus tonight....saw some red supporters bouncing...its getting started early!

...09/10...6/19

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 01:13:17 pm »
Good ground, apart from the getting out bit.  Not enough exits for 60,000.  The Lord Nelson probably needs a mention for a pre match bevvy.

Offline skinner717

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »
here at the start of august for the emirates cup.....impressive ground........public transport means its easily accessible but it can be a nightmare getting on the tube after a post match pint sees the crowds die down a  bit

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 1, 2009, 10:04:37 am »
Good ground but atmosphere from the home fans isnt the best

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #37 on: October 1, 2009, 10:37:53 am »
Good ground but atmosphere from the home fans isnt the best

LMAO what an understatement..... Have been there twice and can safely say it's the WORST atmosphere of any ground I ever been to, Highbury was 20 times better and that should tell you how bad it is.
@sevvyparklee

Offline LCDP

• Still In The Closet.
  • Legacy Fan
  • in search of Narnia!
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:11 am »
They got much space for hanging banners or let you lay the down at the front? Need to start making use of it, been in the loft since Athens. Take the Drayton pub is still the place to be.
Join Betfair, enter this referral code: AQFHMVNPL and enjoy some free money, Simples!

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 10:42:16 am »
Not been to the Emirates yet, so I'm looking forward to tonight. How far is the Drayton Arms from the ground (providing people are going there, of course)? Also, I'm taking my brother tonight, who's 16 - is the pub particularly strict on under-18s (some pubs are quite happy for them to come in with an adult, just obviously not to drink)?