Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3471467 times)

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44880 on: February 27, 2017, 04:47:41 am »
I preferred Green velvets LaLa Land
YNWA

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44881 on: February 27, 2017, 05:12:08 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44882 on: February 27, 2017, 05:13:29 am »
This is insane.

Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway got all confused and announced the wrong film that won.

A poor imitation of Steve Harvey.
King Kenny.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44883 on: February 27, 2017, 05:15:33 am »
What in the extraordinary fuck just happened?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44884 on: February 27, 2017, 05:15:37 am »
Wow
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #44885 on: February 27, 2017, 05:15:38 am »
YNWA

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44886 on: February 27, 2017, 05:15:51 am »
Wow, what a fuck up that was!

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #44887 on: February 27, 2017, 05:16:34 am »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44888 on: February 27, 2017, 05:16:40 am »
that was great

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #44889 on: February 27, 2017, 05:17:42 am »
Did they give them the wrong envelope?

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44890 on: February 27, 2017, 05:18:58 am »
Lowest budget ($1.5m) movie to ever win an Oscar after adjusting for inflation. Such an impressive achievement.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44891 on: February 27, 2017, 05:20:36 am »
Did they give them the wrong envelope?

They must have, Beatty said the envelope said Emma Stone - La La Land and Faye Dunaway read it out so it wasn't just one person getting confused.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #44892 on: February 27, 2017, 05:20:48 am »
What a gigantic cock up!!

My oh my!!
YWNA

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44893 on: February 27, 2017, 05:23:57 am »
Poor Denzel
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #44894 on: February 27, 2017, 05:29:43 am »
They must have, Beatty said the envelope said Emma Stone - La La Land and Faye Dunaway read it out so it wasn't just one person getting confused.

Yeah, he seemed really hesitant when he read it. Did they then immediately hand out the envelope with the real winner, what happened? Either way someone's losing a job over this.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44895 on: February 27, 2017, 05:31:08 am »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44896 on: February 27, 2017, 05:31:41 am »
Yeah, he seemed really hesitant when he read it. Did they then immediately hand out the envelope with the real winner, what happened? Either way someone's losing a job over this.

Did he even read out the winner? I think he handed it to Faye Dunaway cos he wasn't sure what was going on. That or he really didn't like La La Land.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44897 on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:31 am »

Everyone from LA LA land was on stage giving their speeches and you could see some people on stage looking at the envelopes, the last LA LA land producer effectively finished his speech saying they didn't win and Moonlight did. And another producer held up the correct envelope showing Moonlight as the winner, Warren Beatty said what the envelope he and Faye Dunaway read out (was a best actress envelope), and then Moonlights cast and crew came on stage.

Seems they had a card saying Emma Stone - La La Land hence their confusion prior to reading it out. Horrible for everyone involved really.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:37:28 am by John_P »
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #44898 on: February 27, 2017, 05:37:38 am »
Yeah, Beatty definitely had the wrong envelope.

"Actress in a Leading Role"

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44899 on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:02 am »
Kudos to Beatty for actually sticking around on stage and trying to explain what happened. But man oh man, I feel for the La la land team. To actually think you've won and then have it snatched away like that.
YWNA

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44900 on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:05 am »
Beatty knew there was something wrong you can see him looking off stage he went to show Dunaway and she thought he was showing her to read out the winner and she must have just seen La La Land.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #44901 on: February 27, 2017, 05:46:37 am »
Beatty knew there was something wrong you can see him looking off stage he went to show Dunaway and she thought he was showing her to read out the winner and she must have just seen La La Land.

As soon as he took the card out and read it to himself he looked back in the envelope for another one. Awful situation to be in - do you say that you think something's wrong and potentially be made to look a fool if there isn't, or do you just announce what is written and be made to look a fool if there is.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44902 on: February 27, 2017, 05:48:30 am »
As soon as he took the card out and read it to himself he looked back in the envelope for another one. Awful situation to be in - do you say that you think something's wrong and potentially be made to look a fool if there isn't, or do you just announce what is written and be made to look a fool if there is.

Might've thought they'd get away with it like Jack Palance did

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #44903 on: February 27, 2017, 05:52:19 am »
Cue a tweet from Trump in 2-3 hours about what a failure the Oscars were or how they were rigged. He's going to have the last laugh yet again.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44904 on: February 27, 2017, 06:09:52 am »

I get why he looked back now. I originally thought he was keeping everyone in suspense. I think he gave it to Faye to double check what he was seeing and she just read it out.
YWNA

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44905 on: February 27, 2017, 06:50:00 am »
Cue a tweet from Trump in 2-3 hours about what a failure the Oscars were or how they were rigged. He's going to have the last laugh yet again.

Bill Maher already said Trump would tweet something like that. Trump would look utterly predictable if he did that.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44906 on: February 27, 2017, 06:51:34 am »
Deserved win for Casey Affleck I think. He was fantastic in MBTS.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44907 on: February 27, 2017, 07:06:15 am »
They are saying there are always two sets of winner cards in two different suitcases encase something happens to one set and someone opened the wrong suitcase.

But you would have thought one case would be empty and the other one would be full of cards.

But he did had the wrong envelope.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44908 on: February 27, 2017, 08:08:19 am »
Moonlite! Tremendously overrated movie. The award should have gone to LA LA LAND as it represents real working class white people. Sad!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44909 on: February 27, 2017, 09:00:48 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/11/la-la-land-and-hollywoods-everlasting-love-affair-with-itself

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-golden-globes-hollywood-falls-in-love-with-itself-20170109-story.html

http://www.vogue.com/article/la-la-land-oscars-hype-emma-stone-ryan-gosling

Should I keep going, or are you going to accept that you're pretty much the only person in the world that doesn't think that Hollywood isn't in love with itself?

Yes Hollywood is in love with itself but if there's a type of movie they go for it's generally not the likes of birdman. And Argo and bird man don't even fall into the same bracket of filmmaking. This narrative of Hollywood loving movies about Hollywood was brought up a few years ago but has no real evidence to back it up.

If there's a template for winning best picture, social issue drama or sprawling grandiose epic drama is more likely than a film about Hollywood. If you don't want to win, a light-hearted sci-fi comedy should do the trick.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44910 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:10 am »
Haven't seen La La Land but deserves all of the vitriol it gets. Why? Cause it's a fucking musical!  ;D :P
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #44911 on: February 27, 2017, 09:25:48 am »
Academy award winning Suicide Squad :P  :-X

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #44912 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:14 am »
Does anyone happen to have a link where I could watch it ?
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44913 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:50 am »
Ugh, yet another year when a film about Hollywood wins best picture eh..

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44914 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:34 am »
Academy award winning Suicide Squad :P  :-X

What did it win?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44915 on: February 27, 2017, 10:08:28 am »
Haha excellent. The Oscars has turned into such self congratulatory nonsense, I really just stopped paying attention to them. Movies get nominated because of their subject matter, actors/actresses get nominated/win because of a narrative, the whole thing needs a shake up. Any competent director can purposely make a film just so it can get nominated and potentially win Oscars. Make a tragic biography, a movie about the history of Hollywood or a movie about the oppression of a minority and you're golden
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44916 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:09 am »
What did it win?
Best bum in shorts! ;)

Also, best haircuts ;D :wave

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44917 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:35 am »
An award show which is run by and completely in the own interests of the industry its representing is self serving and self aggrandizing?

Well, fuck.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #44918 on: February 27, 2017, 10:30:43 am »
Delighted for Chazelle picking up the best director award...terrific young film-maker who's turned in two semi-modern-classics in the space of a couple of years. Hats off to him. Moonlight best picture?  ;D yeah right....but not altogether unexpected as discussed yesterday...precisely the kind of faux deep and meaningful message movie that the academy creams its undercrackers for...and once the liberal intelligentsia La La Land Backlash got underway the film began to pick up steam.

Elsewhere, thoroughly deserved Oscars for Casey Affleck's stunning turn in Manchester By The Sea....and for Moonlight's terriffic Mahershala Ali (and actor so good, he even made Luke Cage semi-watchable) who is by far the best thing about the film despite being criminally dispensed with a third of the way through. Good to see OJ: Made in America get the nod too...the most compelling documentary ive seen since Making A Murderer...still on iplayer too if you havent seen it http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04st1yv/oj-made-in-america-part-1

Shame though Lion didn't get any recognition as it was easily one of the most emotionally charged and enjoyable/rewarding flicks of the year..I think it'll stand the test of time..and will still be being watched and enjoyed by audiences many years down the line which is the real gauge of quality
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #44919 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:28 am »
Deserved win for Casey Affleck I think. He was fantastic in MBTS.

Agree, mate. Fantastic film and exceptional performance from Affleck.