Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1043925 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion
« Reply #15760 on: March 19, 2024, 12:41:35 pm »
I remember  the scene now. A bit harsh to call her a spoiler bitch for that, given that the story hadn't yet been fully fleshed out by GRRM. Joffrey spoiled it too in another scene.

You do realise that I was joking, burning was too good for her, a death like Joffreys would've been a better punishment.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15761 on: March 21, 2024, 04:37:36 pm »
A Black and Green Trailer released for season 2

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YX5OnEPwDUs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YX5OnEPwDUs</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9Him8OR5rCI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9Him8OR5rCI</a>

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:40:25 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #15762 on: March 21, 2024, 04:59:17 pm »
Looks good!

This season is going to be brutal  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15763 on: March 21, 2024, 06:41:25 pm »
Are we ready?  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15764 on: March 21, 2024, 08:47:36 pm »
I might need to watch the first series again before it starts. In fact, do I have time to watch all of GoT from the start again, it's been at least three years since I watched it?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #15765 on: March 22, 2024, 08:35:16 am »
I might need to watch the first series again before it starts. In fact, do I have time to watch all of GoT from the start again, it's been at least three years since I watched it?

You can definitely watch all of GOT & HOTD s1 across the next 3 months. However now that you have a face for Viserys, Rhaenyra and some others from the past you will pick up on some "spoilers" more easily.

Joffrey for example mentions directly how a major character in HOTD will die.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15766 on: March 22, 2024, 10:42:59 am »
You can definitely watch all of GOT & HOTD s1 across the next 3 months. However now that you have a face for Viserys, Rhaenyra and some others from the past you will pick up on some "spoilers" more easily.

Joffrey for example mentions directly how a major character in HOTD will die.

Yeah Joffrey, Arya and Stanis's daughter all gave major spoilers for this. But it was a long time ago so unless you've had a recent re watch you probably won't remember the details.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15767 on: March 23, 2024, 02:08:00 pm »
Exciting to see Jace at Winterfell in the Black trailer, but interesting how a certain character is yet to be confirmed but they are definitely hinting at it in the trailers. It annoys me how they trivialized the White Walkers in the original show. It's good to see this show is big in the actual prophecy. Does Jace's new haircut remind you of anyone?  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 02:11:41 pm by jillcwhomever »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15768 on: March 26, 2024, 09:28:20 pm »
Ryan Condal has had an interview in one of the US entertainment papers and is saying they will have at least five seasons of this, which pleases me as it's longer than they said originally.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15769 on: March 26, 2024, 09:44:23 pm »
Ryan Condal has had an interview in one of the US entertainment papers and is saying they will have at least five seasons of this, which pleases me as it's longer than they said originally.

Without going into book spoilers here, there's not enough material for 5 seasons surely? I thought 3 of 8 episodes would have sufficed.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15770 on: March 26, 2024, 09:50:32 pm »
The first series was tedious. There must be more to come from it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15771 on: March 26, 2024, 10:00:15 pm »
Without going into book spoilers here, there's not enough material for 5 seasons surely? I thought 3 of 8 episodes would have sufficed.

There are a lot of battles in it overall, so perhaps we will see some of those big battles spread over a few episodes. I sometimes felt with GOT having huge battles lasting only one episode could be underwhelming.

The first series was tedious. There must be more to come from it?

You are talking to someone who loved the first season, the characters will have better arcs from now on in. The problem partly was the time jumps, there will be far less of those and you will see proper character development, as they will have time to do that. I mean you don't get anything special about Aegon Targaryen in that first series but I think his arc through the rest of the story is really interesting. He's not the total monster they made of him in the last few episodes. Both him and Aemond his brother are really contrasting characters and I really hope they show that more in season two. It's very different to GOT though, this is more sticking to the books rather than changing book characters to give people a few laughs. Don't even get me started on Tyrion for example.  :o

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15772 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:17 pm »
Ah, the trouble is that I found the books interminable rubbish ;D
That may explain it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15773 on: March 27, 2024, 12:19:07 pm »
I’m giving this a rewatch, four episodes in now. I’m enjoying it again, and having an easier time of tracking all the names, which is nice.

I’d forgotten what an idiot that Christian Cole is lol
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15774 on: March 27, 2024, 12:43:17 pm »
There are a lot of battles in it overall, so perhaps we will see some of those big battles spread over a few episodes. I sometimes felt with GOT having huge battles lasting only one episode could be underwhelming.

There are a few battles to come that's true, I don't see how they spread it out over 5 seasons though.

It would just be typical that they rush the ending of Game Of Thrones and drag out the ending to House Of The Dragon  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15775 on: March 27, 2024, 05:31:42 pm »
There are a few battles to come that's true, I don't see how they spread it out over 5 seasons though.

It would just be typical that they rush the ending of Game Of Thrones and drag out the ending to House Of The Dragon  ;D

If it means they do proper characters arcs, it's something I will take with satisfaction. There are a number of interesting journeys through this, but they need to do a proper job of it.
Spoiler
It was a bit too pro-Black for my liking in some of the choices they made, but season two gives them an opportunity to redress the balance a bit!
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15776 on: March 27, 2024, 05:47:18 pm »
Looks like we will get every battle/major event from both perspectives, so that's at least 2 episodes per battle.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15777 on: March 29, 2024, 04:34:10 pm »
I will put this as a spoiler before its been confirmed.
Spoiler
The rumour is the first episode will be called Son for a Son.  :'(
[close]

I saw a interview with the writer Ryan Condal on a youtube video and he confirms there will be more work with some of the lesser known characters ie, Helena, Jacerys, Cregan Stark, with a scene at the wall; more dragons including Prince Aegon's Sunfyre (which we briefly saw in the trailer). He has confirmed that the character Daeron will be in the show at some stage. No mention of Nettles yet though.  :(

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15778 on: March 29, 2024, 05:07:16 pm »
That's grim.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15781 on: March 29, 2024, 05:47:53 pm »
The episode title.

I wasn't sure, yes grim indeed. I am hoping Nettles shows up as well though, as it alters a lot of things if she doesn't unless they are holding it until season 3.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15782 on: March 29, 2024, 07:09:05 pm »
I will put this as a spoiler before its been confirmed.
Spoiler
The rumour is the first episode will be called Son for a Son.  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah lets see how many are still "team black" after blood and cheese turn up  ;D
[close]

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15783 on: March 29, 2024, 08:02:04 pm »
just waiting for Mushroom. played by Peter Dinklage
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15784 on: April 6, 2024, 05:02:37 pm »
More news, this time on the Dunk and Egg spin off. The two actors have been casted, Peter Claffey will play Dunk and young squire Egg will be played by Dexter Sol Ansell.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15785 on: April 6, 2024, 05:16:43 pm »
More news, this time on the Dunk and Egg spin off. The two actors have been casted, Peter Claffey will play Dunk and young squire Egg will be played by Dexter Sol Ansell.

Very much looking forward to that, the Dunk and Egg novellas are really good...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15786 on: April 6, 2024, 05:18:42 pm »
Very much looking forward to that, the Dunk and Egg novellas are really good...

Absolutely, I love the relationship and the way it develops between the two of them.  :D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15787 on: April 10, 2024, 11:54:36 am »
Kit Harington Says Jon Snow ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoff Is No Longer in Development: ‘It’s Off the Table. We Couldn’t Find the Right Story to Tell’

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/jon-snow-game-of-thrones-spinoff-scrapped-hbo-1235965517/

No surprises there. Really, what story was there left to tell for his character post-Season 8?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15788 on: April 10, 2024, 12:06:28 pm »
No surprises there. Really, what story was there left to tell for his character post-Season 8?

Yeah I agree, there's no story to tell. No one wanted to watch Jon in the north.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15789 on: April 10, 2024, 01:11:16 pm »
Another character who was completely ruined in the original show. I still can't quite understand the lack of any reaction when he found out about being half Targaryen, this from a young man who constantly questioned what his background was.  ::)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15790 on: April 10, 2024, 01:31:04 pm »
::) Pointless.