Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 590529 times)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Germany to win the World cup, and Marco Reus player of the tournament. Heard it here first.

No way. The game yesterday was decided by foreign star players, still Germany lack this outstanding quality on the very top. Discipline and power won´t be enough.

I agree on Reus though, but one Reus won´t be enough.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
No way. The game yesterday was decided by foreign star players, still Germany lack this outstanding quality on the very top. Discipline and power won´t be enough.
We'll see.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA

Klopp is a mental nutter but probably on his way to become the best manager in the world.

Can't see him staying if they can't afford to keep all these guys. I just hope he doesn't come to England otherwise we're screwed

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose

I agree on Reus though, but one Reus won´t be enough.
Reus, Gotze, and Ozil are outstanding, though. Gotze was sorely missed last night.

Can't see him staying if they can't afford to keep all these guys. I just hope he doesn't come to England otherwise we're screwed

It's a big summer ahead for Dortmund. They will spend big, it depends on whether the replacements will be good enough. In the past couple of seasons they've been perfect in their transfer dealings, going from strength to strength. Sahin for Gundogan and Kagawa for Reus. Can they do it again? I don't know. They'll almost certainly get one of Kevin De Bruyne or Eriksen to come in for Gotze. Lewandowski will be harder to replace, but it's important to point out that when Dortmund won the league in 2010-2011, Lewandowski was a backup player. Dortmund did the double over Bayern that year, and that was when Lucas Barrios was running the show up front. The point is, Lewandowski is not irreplaceable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:21:34 pm by Ryba »

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
Mia San Meister

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Reus, Gotze, and Ozil are outstanding, though. Gotze was sorely missed last night.

To me Goetze has still a lot to prove but I agree on Reus and Oezil. Their most important player at the moment is Kedhira though, the only warrior in the german midfield. Without him, the are getting into trouble lately as he is the only one doing the dirty work.

On Klopp, I cannot see him leaving in the near future, next couple of seasons. I think he wants to win the CL with Dortmund just in order to prove a point and kicking Bayern off the top again. He seems to enjoy the role of the underdog vs the evil empire game totally.

Besides that, I am not sure if he could adopt and wether he is suited for working with a different language. In contrast to Heynckes f.e. he didn´t play in a different country before..

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp is a mental nutter but probably on his way to become the best manager in the world.

Must be amazing playing for a manager like him. Forget the club, but if it was me I'd be giving it 200% on the pitch every week just for him.

I wonder what his personal relationships are like with the Dortmund players.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed the final.  Dortmund really had Bayern flustered in the first half, but that sort of intensity and pressing is always going to make you slow down after an hour or so.  It was the right gamble (unsettling Bayern early), but it didn't pay off this time.  Brilliant from both keepers, by the way.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Must be amazing playing for a manager like him. Forget the club, but if it was me I'd be giving it 200% on the pitch every week just for him.

He hasn´t had the problem to deal with top stars so far though. From his motivation skills he totally suited to work with young players with some experienced who identify themselves with the club. I am not sure wether he could make it at a club like City or Real but maybe that´s not what he is aiming for anyway.

For being accepted by all sort of top players as well he lacks the experience as a player on the top level so he will have to work his way up for being accepted after having won some titles, similar to Rafa.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Another thing that surprised me was how dire Dortmund players were at defending corners, Bayern had at least half a dozen chances to score from them.

There was definitely a lack of depth in Dortmund squad, they didn't have anyone to bring in for Kuba or Grobkreutz who were very poor and offered next to nothing offensively. They shouldn't have sold Perisic having such a think squad, even if Klopp wasn't happy with his attitude.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched the whole game today, missed it yesterday due to a concert. It was an excellent game to watch and it must be a killer to lose like that, but Bayern deserved the win by the end and at the end illustrated their quality, excellence and most importantly their unwavering belief that is oozing from them at the moment. Dortmund should be given lots of credit though for just about clinging on for so long, but in the 2nd half there was always only going to be one winner.

Bayern will take some stopping next season, unless Guardiola tries to change them completely. As for Dortmund, clearly they are a top side but losing and then replacing top players isn't easy to do.

Echo this.  Very good game!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It was a good game, very interesting tactically. Klopp realised that he needed to force control through pressuring Bayern high so Dortmund pressed them high, forcing Schweinsteiger very deep and isolating Martinez in midfield. Thus Bayern couldn't play through midfield and Dortmund controlled the opening.

The most impressive part was how Heynckes adjusted by freeing up Robben to use the space inside Dortmund's defensive block. One of the problems when you press high is that the backline can only go so far to support the press. You can end up becoming less compact and the changing of Robben's role to make him more central to use the space between the lines and the space behind with his pace won them the game really. Dortmund didn't score in their dominant period and were always going to tire eventually. Bayern took advantage of that.

Klopp v Guardiola next season is going to be fascinating
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvX4aeIWrlY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lvX4aeIWrlY</a>

He doesn't beat around the bush much, does he  ;D
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto

Read in his interview with the Guardian that him and Kagawa both cried in each others arms for 20 minutes when he left haha

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Gutted myself for Dortmund, so wanted them to win. Atmos sounded and looked brilliant. Both sets of fans did themselves and the event proud. Did you bevvy with them before the game? They looked like they we're all in a party mood. ;D

One more question mate - did the Dortmund fans sing YNWA at the end?

Sorry mate only saw your post now, yeah we were bevvying with the Dortmund lot and trying to learn a few songs, the weather was brilliant
and arriving into Wembley Park you would think you were arriving at a Dortmund home game, it was a sea of yellow and black with the odd smattering of red in between. Everyone was in good spirits you could see how much they were enjoying being there. As we entered the ground we realised we were closer to the Bayern end which was a bit disappointing but we were fairly central and could see the banter between the two sets of fans.

And as far as I'm aware and I stayed til well after they collected the trophy and went celebrating in front of their fans, I didnt hear them sing YNWA but I did hear it outside the ground pre-match. Bayern unfurled massive banners and had pyro going which looked boss, how they got them in past the pat-downs I dont know.

Dortmund had their drummers and a fella down front getting them going and organising the chants. The Bayern fans were surprisingly quiet at times but there was endless renditions of "Super Bayern, Super Bayer, hey, hey!".

The Dortmund end quickly emptied as you can imagine but not before they showed their appreciation to their players and also it was good to see the mutual respect as the Bayern fans gave the Dortmund players and Klopp a really strong ovation as they left the field.

A brilliant night of football and I was really lucky to be there, shame the underdogs didn't keep them on 4 European Cups but I have to say after what happened to him last season, I was really chuffed for Robben, he along with Schweinsteiger and Martinez were the standout players for me on the night.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some photos I took on Saturday evening if anyone's interested:

Pyro party:
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Check out that iPad wanker in front of you

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Check out that iPad wanker in front of you

Haha there were plenty of those about mate I'm afraid to say, and before I'm accused of being a wool, the only in game shot was the one above about 3 seconds after kick off.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvX4aeIWrlY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lvX4aeIWrlY</a>

He doesn't beat around the bush much, does he  ;D

what a fucking legend!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018