Author Topic: Legends Tour - do you get to pick which legend?  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Legends Tour - do you get to pick which legend?
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »
So, I asked in the museum reception today about availability of tours around the 29th December ( my son has never been on it before and he would love it ).

Anyway the bloke said it is better to do it the day after the match ( as you would then get in the home dressing room ), the Legends tour lasts 90 minutes and you get either Phil Thompson, Jimmy Case or Jan Molby.

Questions ... how long does the normal tour last ? and do you get to choose which legend you get whoever is down to do it that day ?

Offline Steve O

• Anny Roader
Re: Legends Tour - do you get to pick which legend?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:37:40 pm »
The legends do specific days so you don't get to choose. Ian Callaghan is doing the one on Sat Dec 27th. We are away the day before and at home on Mon 29th, so the home dressing room may be open.

https://bookings.liverpoolfc.com/stadiumtours/booking/default.htm

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »
"I'd like to be taken around by Emlyn Hughes please"

"Sorry sir that's not how it works"
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 08:46:08 pm »
If you go on the website, it'll say which dates they run the tours on and which legends will be on each date, so in effect you can choose which date is best for you if you are looking to have preference on the legend that you meet.

If you are fixed to one date then unfortunately you don't get to choose which legend you see and will have to be happy with the two that are selected for that particular day.

We did it last year and it was great. I nutmegged Aldo in the match and he called me a 'git'  ;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »
"I'd like to be taken around by Emlyn Hughes please"

"Sorry sir that's not how it works"

Ill judged comment.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:08:55 pm »
Ill judged comment.

Could have picked any of our former heros who are no longer with us. Please tell me how that is offensive? I don't understand. Maybe I have missed something obvious.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »
If you go on the website, it'll say which dates they run the tours on and which legends will be on each date, so in effect you can choose which date is best for you if you are looking to have preference on the legend that you meet.

If you are fixed to one date then unfortunately you don't get to choose which legend you see and will have to be happy with the two that are selected for that particular day.

We did it last year and it was great. I nutmegged Aldo in the match and he called me a 'git'  ;D

Thanks Always_A_Red that's all I needed to know. And it's certainly a better 'choice' than just waiting to see who turns up on the date.

Nutmegged him in what 'match' ? How different is the Legends Tour to the normal one ?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 10:39:09 pm »
The legends do specific days so you don't get to choose. Ian Callaghan is doing the one on Sat Dec 27th. We are away the day before and at home on Mon 29th, so the home dressing room may be open.

https://bookings.liverpoolfc.com/stadiumtours/booking/default.htm

We are staying up on the Sunday til Tuesday (going to the game on the Monday night) so will be looking to do the tour on the Tuesday to get full access to the all the usual parts of the tour.

And it looks like there is no Legends tour on any of those 3 days (28th-30th) ... unless I am reading it wrong :(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:44:03 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 09:44:57 am »
Checked back on the website and Molby is now doing a Legends Tour on the 30th. Would be rude not too really.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 12:47:26 am »
did one with Molby a few weeks back and Phil Neal came along as well - have to say it was quite decent and different to hear all the stories etc. highly recommend