Author Topic: All-Star Charity Match  (Read 17432 times)

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All-Star Charity Match
« on: March 5, 2015, 01:15:20 pm »

A unique charity football match to benefit the people of Liverpool will take place at Anfield later this month, which will include two All-Star line-ups of some of Europe's elite players.A unique charity football match to benefit the people of Liverpool will take place at Anfield later this month, which will include two All-Star line-ups of some of Europe's elite players.

The event, which has been organised by Liverpool FC's official charity, the Liverpool FC Foundation, will bring together two teams that will be selected by Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as some of the most influential players they have played with or against.

Gerrard will take on the role of captain for one team, while Carragher will take on the same role for the other All-Star side. Managers and the final line-up of each All-Star team will be announced in the coming weeks.

Player recruitment is well underway, and players confirmed include Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, Thierry Henry, John Terry and Didier Drogba, to name a few.

Current Reds first-team players who are not on international duty will also play some part, as well as some of the Academy's brightest stars, plus the club's backroom staff will also be on hand to offer support.

Gerrard will leave Liverpool at the end of the season and this special match will give fans the opportunity to see him alongside some of their favourites - all to raise funds for the local community.

Tickets for this exciting event, which will take place on Sunday March 29, 2015, will be priced at £20 for adults, £5 for juniors* and £15 for over 65s. Disabled concessionary prices will also apply.

Proceeds raised will help to fund the Liverpool FC Foundation's community programmes, which benefit thousands of young people and adults throughout the city of Liverpool.

Funds will also support Alder Hey's new Hospital in the Park, as well as providing support packages to Claire House, Positive Futures, Centre 56 and Cash for Kids.

Tickets will initially be available to season ticket holders and LFC members from 1pm on Thursday March 5, with a general sale to follow at 8.15am on Wednesday March 11.

For wheelchair, visually impaired and ambulant disabled tickets, please telephone 0843 170 5555 and select the disability option to speak to one of our advisors.

Click here for more information about this match.

*Adult/junior tickets are available to purchase at a ratio of 3:1. There will be no booking fee charged for this match.

*Please note that each player's involvement in the game, including the duration of each player's appearance, is subject to players' club approval, international duty obligations and fitness at the time of the match.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/181195-anfield-to-host-all-star-charity-match
« Last Edit: March 5, 2015, 01:17:32 pm by AnfieldIron »

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: All-Star Charity Match
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2015, 01:32:35 pm »
Tickets are on sale now. Quicker than usual
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »
Why ?
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2015, 02:28:51 pm »
What times KO? Can't see it anywhere.

Found it, 3pm.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2015, 02:31:02 pm by Paullfc95 »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2015, 02:55:18 pm »
"Tickets will initially be available to season ticket holders and LFC members from 1pm on Thursday March 5, with a general sale to follow at 8.15am on Wednesday March 11."

Disappointing us Fan Card Holders have to wait for the General Sale yet again - even for a charity game.

Hope it goes well - and we see some past players from the CL win and those who didn't get a send-off
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2015, 03:07:00 pm »
Just grabbed a pair in the kop, good selection going in all stands.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline I am new

• t gingrich's reincarnated soul
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96 YNWA
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2015, 03:11:00 pm »
Just grabbed a pair in the kop.
Same here  :)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »
Wouldn't let me buy an adult in 205. Settled for 105
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »
I got 2 in 105 aswell.
Xabi has confirmed he'll be back.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2015, 03:25:52 pm »
2 in 204. Nice to have a good option to sit haha
Allez Allez Allez

Offline mottram8

• Main Stander
  • Game well and truly over
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »
Got 3 in 103, hoping Luis Garcia plays!!

Online mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2015, 04:17:07 pm »
I'll take my little sister to this one for her first trip to Anfield, so I'm going to have to wait till Wednesday. Hopefully there's still a decent amount of tickets left when this goes to general sale, anyone think this will come close to selling out to season tickets and members?

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2015, 04:19:10 pm »

I'll take my little sister to this one for her first trip to Anfield, so I'm going to have to wait till Wednesday. Hopefully there's still a decent amount of tickets left when this goes to general sale, anyone think this will come close to selling out to season tickets and members?
Nah this will definitely go to gen sale IMO mate.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »
With 305 being adult/child do people reckon the whole Kop will be seated? I'll probably get lower seats if we can't stand.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2015, 07:09:24 pm »
Ive been trying to get tix for the last 30 mins but the accounts linked to mine dont qualify i need 3 tix any help?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2015, 07:37:44 pm »
Ive been trying to get tix for the last 30 mins but the accounts linked to mine dont qualify i need 3 tix any help?

How can they not qualify? As long as there are members there's no criteria

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2015, 07:41:32 pm »

Burnley only just about sold out and peps are sweating on this... :wave
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2015, 07:58:58 pm »
How can they not qualify? As long as there are members there's no criteria

It says my fancard/membership thingy will only allow me to purchase one ticket... Its frustrating cos i want to take my mate and her lad to this...

Says my customer number doesnt qualify for a match at this time nor do the two accounts linked to it.
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Paddock.

• Main Stander
  • Heart as big as my hometown.
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2015, 08:06:31 pm »
If I've booked two tickets on two different members' cards will I still be able to purchase in the general sale? I assume so given that the general sale is open to everyone.
'Football works in cycles... Liverpool will be back.'

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2015, 08:08:01 pm »
If I've booked two tickets on two different members' cards will I still be able to purchase in the general sale? I assume so given that the general sale is open to everyone.

Yeah you can still get more in the general sale, will be paper tickets..

Offline Paddock.

• Main Stander
  • Heart as big as my hometown.
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2015, 08:09:47 pm »
Yeah you can still get more in the general sale, will be paper tickets..

Cheers  ;D
'Football works in cycles... Liverpool will be back.'

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »
How will they sell all the single tickets in the A/C blocks? They've taken all the best blocks for A/C and there's loads of single seats left over.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »
Why doesn't the website tell you which seats are adult/junior? Really irritating. Or am I just being stupid and it does tell you?
« Last Edit: March 5, 2015, 09:34:05 pm by AFX »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »
Why doesn't the website tell you which seats are adult/junior? Really irritating. Or am I just being stupid and it does tell you?

It says when you click on the Home Games link on the ticket site.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2015, 09:59:44 pm »
Not all of them, i tried on pk4 and it said on checkout adult child but not on the front.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 5, 2015, 10:06:16 pm »
Not all of them, i tried on pk4 and it said on checkout adult child but not on the front.

I'm shocked that our TO have got something wrong. :P

Offline AgentSmyth

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #26 on: March 5, 2015, 10:07:48 pm »
there wont be an issue buying a junior ticket on an adult membership would there? (obviously a junior is using the card for this one :))

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »

Ahhh ok, I see it. They should really make them a different colour when you select your seat.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline hitman89762000

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »
Ive managed to order one from my fancard/membership.. Im assuming that will come as a paper ticket?

a tweet fro

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »
Want to take my wife and brother to this, but even as a Member I can only get one ticket and have to wait until the general sale. What's the point in paying 20 quid a year when I can't even buy more than one ticket? It's not like I don't have to book my travel or anything like that. Think the members card will be getting firmly cancelled in the summer :no

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 5, 2015, 10:54:13 pm »
Want to take my wife and brother to this, but even as a Member I can only get one ticket and have to wait until the general sale. What's the point in paying 20 quid a year when I can't even buy more than one ticket? It's not like I don't have to book my travel or anything like that. Think the members card will be getting firmly cancelled in the summer :no

Yeah but that's the point mate? You pay for the membership scheme so you CAN buy tickets ahead of those that don't?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 5, 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
Ive managed to order one from my fancard/membership.. Im assuming that will come as a paper ticket?

Pretty sure we'll be using our cards to get in if we bought in the members sale.

Offline hitman89762000

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 5, 2015, 11:17:35 pm »
Pretty sure we'll be using our cards to get in if we bought in the members sale.

I just have a fancard number.. Did upgrade to members tonight for £35 so im assuming if acards mailed i use that?

a tweet fro

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #33 on: March 6, 2015, 07:22:32 am »
there wont be an issue buying a junior ticket on an adult membership would there? (obviously a junior is using the card for this one :))

That's fine...

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #34 on: March 6, 2015, 08:43:02 am »
Will credits for this count towards an FA Cup Final ticket?  :)

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #35 on: March 6, 2015, 09:01:43 am »
Will credits for this count towards an FA Cup Final ticket?  :)
Only if you went to Gerrard's testimonial as well  ;)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #36 on: March 6, 2015, 09:31:53 am »
Big queue at the ground this morning with people getting this on top of Arsenal. Seems to be selling fast, not surprisingly.
We are a team of one half.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #37 on: March 6, 2015, 09:38:10 am »
Big queue at the ground this morning with people getting this on top of Arsenal. Seems to be selling fast, not surprisingly.

thanks for the reminder about arsenal  !
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 6, 2015, 09:53:53 am »

thanks for the reminder about arsenal  !

Indeed - thank you both!
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 6, 2015, 10:46:14 am »
I just have a fancard number.. Did upgrade to members tonight for £35 so im assuming if acards mailed i use that?

I think you'll use your card, maybe ring customer services to double check though, unless someone else on here can confirm...