Author Topic: THE PIES!  (Read 13777 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: THE PIES!
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:16 pm »
Small world. Just saw the PIES singer outside Waterstones in Liverpool ONE.

I was going to ask him where his brush and tin of gloss was, but I thought better of it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:05 pm »
Small world. Just saw the PIES singer outside Waterstones in Liverpool ONE.

I was going to ask him where his brush and tin of gloss was, but I thought better of it.
I think he'd just been interview on Radio Merseyside - Billy Butler show. Can't stand BB but it was on the works car as I got in so left the interview on. The sounds they played were great :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »
I think he'd just been interview on Radio Merseyside - Billy Butler show. Can't stand BB but it was on the works car as I got in so left the interview on. The sounds they played were great :)

Bloody hell. I didn't even know Mrs Butler's eldest was still alive, let alone broadcasting.  :)

Just spotted something online saying The PIES are playing St. George's Hall Concert Room tomorrow (sat 23rd July).
I can't make that as I'll be watching the legendary Scouse superhero Ste Williams (ex-Cecil) with Takotsubo Men playing elsewhere in town.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 12:49:13 am »
Bloody hell. I didn't even know Mrs Butler's eldest was still alive, let alone broadcasting.  :)

Just spotted something online saying The PIES are playing St. George's Hall Concert Room tomorrow (sat 23rd July).
I can't make that as I'll be watching the legendary Scouse superhero Ste Williams (ex-Cecil) with Takotsubo Men playing elsewhere in town.
Yep, that's what they were discussing mate. Can't stand BB, I've never listened to more than 5 mins of his shows.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:23 pm »
There's one of these on the M6 too, somewhere between Crewe and the M62 junction
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:22 am »
Anyone seen sine missione stencil like artwork in lots of places all over Liverpool ...looks like they are going down the pies route of publicity , turns out there not a group but a fashion designer
http://discofashionartsugar.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/sine-missione-fresh-new-tshirt-designer.html

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2016, 06:55:06 pm »
No Groundpig though...
Threes a crowd?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2016, 10:47:41 am »

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2016, 11:26:50 pm »
I got a lift home two weeks ago from Somerset by two mates from Yorkshire.  Somewhere on the M6 by Crewe or somewhere over a raller bridge the Pies graffiti was there and my two mates where like .. ey up . Whats that ?

I was giggling in the back to meself.

;D

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2016, 11:41:48 pm »
I got a lift home two weeks ago from Somerset by two mates from Yorkshire.  Somewhere on the M6 by Crewe or somewhere over a raller bridge the Pies graffiti was there and my two mates where like .. ey up . Whats that ?

I was giggling in the back to meself.

;D

I saw that too recently and made me think back to the bridge at the end of the M57 (which answers someone's question from the other day!).

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #50 on: August 1, 2016, 01:45:00 pm »
I saw that too recently and made me think back to the bridge at the end of the M57 (which answers someone's question from the other day!).

Its heading further South.

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 1, 2016, 01:50:03 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 2, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »
Anyone seen sine missione stencil like artwork in lots of places all over Liverpool ...looks like they are going down the pies route of publicity , turns out there not a group but a fashion designer
http://discofashionartsugar.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/sine-missione-fresh-new-tshirt-designer.html

Ah yes, I've spotted that around Liverpool. Most recently today on Park Road in Dingle and last week in Sir Thomas St. in the city centre.

Interesting that they have a stencil featuring Spion Kop, too. One is on a small cabin building next to Asda petrol station on Smithdown Road. I've seen another one somewhere in Liverpool but can't for the life of me recall where.
Just googling it I spotted a picture of it on someones instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/2iXkFQOmV1/
It's been there quite a while now. Often spot it when parking up at Asda.

Just drove under The Pies graffiti on the M58 just before Switch Island today. Just says: PIES FINANCIAL RESET.
I wonder how long it will take the council to paint over it this time?
« Last Edit: August 2, 2016, 09:33:26 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 3, 2016, 09:16:02 am »

Yeah I've noticed them around for a while. Shame it's just advertising for a fashion company, I'm sure Che and Bob and everyone whose image their using are just made up being invoked in the name of flogging clobber. Well Marley could hardly complain seeing as his family is coining it off his energy drinks. Still though. Remember that thing you liked that you stood stood for something? Yeah well it doesn't now. Jimi Hendrix's Da just wants you to buy Audi's. Don't forget your Karl Marx Beard Wax either.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 3, 2016, 10:52:52 am »
Yeah I've noticed them around for a while. Shame it's just advertising for a fashion company, I'm sure Che and Bob and everyone whose image their using are just made up being invoked in the name of flogging clobber. Well Marley could hardly complain seeing as his family is coining it off his energy drinks. Still though. Remember that thing you liked that you stood stood for something? Yeah well it doesn't now. Jimi Hendrix's Da just wants you to buy Audi's. Don't forget your Karl Marx Beard Wax either.

True.

Only a question of time until someone gets charged too....or maybe criminalisation only happens when its kids writing stuff for fun or art....and not for commercial gain.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 8, 2016, 04:09:01 am »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2016, 06:22:45 am »
Merged
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.