Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 100778 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #1960 on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:07 pm »
What are the main differences between the originally script and the one that got shot? I must be one of the few that actually enjoyed this film and still enjoy it after several views.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1961 on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »
Are they making another of these.... Supposed to be potentially a three parter
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: May 14, 2014, 10:04:59 pm »
Are they making another of these.... Supposed to be potentially a three parter
Read a few things saying there will be a sequel. Still writing the script I believe.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: May 14, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »
I fell asleep about 20 minutes in because absolutely 0 was happening, does anything happen for the rest of the hour and a half or whatever?

Offline Thush

• Spawwow, Tit. Anal Chat is "Equidistant between chit-chat and analysis"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's pronounced "Toosh"
« Reply #1964 on: May 14, 2014, 10:34:28 pm »
I fell asleep about 20 minutes in because absolutely 0 was happening, does anything happen for the rest of the hour and a half or whatever?

A lot of unlikeable people do really incomprehensible things.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: May 15, 2014, 12:21:13 am »
I must be one of the few that actually enjoyed this film and still enjoy it after several views.
I'm with you.  :)  Not a perfect film certainly, but Prometheus was so much better than sitting through another comic book rehash or transformers-type movie aimed mainly at 15 year old boys. People rip the script but at least it was something different and an attempt at serious sci-fi which is so rare these days.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1966 on: May 15, 2014, 02:53:35 am »
I'd say it was dumber than 90% of comic book movies.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: May 15, 2014, 03:38:27 am »
I'd say it was dumber than 90% of comic book movies.
NO YOU'RE DUMB!!!

I kid.  :P

We agree to disagree. Maybe a sequel will make us both happy? Here's hoping.  :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: May 15, 2014, 04:55:11 am »
Whenever I think back to the couple of times I watched this movie I always have the same regret - the complete stupidity and vulgarity of the alien's reaction to the humans. If ever there was a chance for a supposed 'serious sci fi movie' to actually do some serious sci fi and have a meeting of civilizations...
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1969 on: May 15, 2014, 05:38:15 am »

I'd say it only goes downhill from there. The first 20 minutes I thought had laid the platform for what could have been a very interesting film. Lots of potential, none of it fulfilled.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: May 15, 2014, 06:27:59 am »
Great soundtrack.
Music composed by Marc Streitenfeld.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: May 15, 2014, 10:34:31 am »
I quite like it, but there's obvious problems. I still have absolutely no idea of what David's motivations were.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1972 on: May 15, 2014, 10:46:50 am »
I quite like it, but there's obvious problems. I still have absolutely no idea of what David's motivations were.

I think number 5 explains it if that's what you're after :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_20969_6-deleted-scenes-that-totally-change-classic-movies.html

if not...pfft :P

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:13 am »
I think number 5 explains it if that's what you're after :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_20969_6-deleted-scenes-that-totally-change-classic-movies.html

if not...pfft :P
Thank you! That makes a lot more sense.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1974 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:04 pm »
Yeah, they kind of deliberately edited it in such a way that people went away and bought the Bluray. Quite a clever little marketing strategy did Prometheus have.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1975 on: May 15, 2014, 03:11:30 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-BWnTW4rL0U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-BWnTW4rL0U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: May 15, 2014, 06:12:25 pm »
Yeah, they kind of deliberately edited it in such a way that people went away and bought the Bluray. Quite a clever little marketing strategy did Prometheus have.

Well, it was and it wasnt, its not really clever to have most people who see it call it a convoluted pile of shit. Most wont buy the Bluray to see the added shit, theyll just never watch it again.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1977 on: May 24, 2014, 02:22:04 am »
Well, it was and it wasnt, its not really clever to have most people who see it call it a convoluted pile of shit. Most wont buy the Bluray to see the added shit, theyll just never watch it again.
I fall into that category. Im not shelling out whatever for a film to make sense when said film should have made sense when you see it at the pics!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1978 on: May 24, 2014, 04:50:07 am »
Yes, that idea doesn't make much sense. Are people more likely to buy films they like, or ones they didn't, in case they do when they see deleted scenes? So it really isn't clever, and I'm guessing was not a strategy.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1979 on: January 19, 2016, 12:38:10 am »
I thought the prequel sequel had been shit canned?

Turns out it hasn't but it isn't out until October next year!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/

The Cineworld app and website are god fucking awful....they got the name of the film wrong and have it showing before they've even started filming....load of shite.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:46:10 am by Titi Camara »