Author Topic: Urgent help needed here!!!!  (Read 544 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Urgent help needed here!!!!
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:20:37 pm »
So, there I was streaming a TV show last night on a site that I'd absolutely no issue with in the past with anything regarding viruses or anything, when I noticed the picture freezing and the sound playing on. I know something was trying to get in, and sure enough NOD32 informed me that a trojan had got in and that I needed to reboot to clean the fucker out. So I did a full scan, and I rebooted. Once I got back on my desktop I noticed that one of that fake alert anoying bastards had planted itself in my system. It's called AV Security Suite or some bollocks like that. I Googled for a soloution, and I was informed that I should download a program called Malwarebyte and do a scan in Safe Mode. Fair enough. I did the scan. It found 28 infections. I clicked clean/delete infections. It propted me to reboot so I did.

Here's the thing, after I rebooted, my PC got to the initial hardware manufactuer spash logo, then the little white dot that flashes on the top left of my screen to let me know the thing is loading up, then nothing. No windows XP logo, no loading bar. Just black. I press F8 to try and boot into Safe Mode or anything else, and it throws me into another screen asking me to select an operating system, of which there is only XP to choose from, but when I hit enter, nothing but black. I tried using a boot disc, but it doesn't even go to the blue screen to give me the option of a restore or a repair.

I'm seriously fucked off here, because that hard drive contains a lot of art work that I didn't back up because I'd always kept the PC in good health. I get that one stupid fucking thing in it, of which I've nuked a dozen or so more of similar annoying bastards, but for some reason this time something went horribly wrong. I couldn't give a fuck about the computer itself. I just need to get that work.

So, I'm hoping someone might have something useful to tell me, otherwise I'm taking a hammer to the thing in frustration. I'd prefere to take one to that scumbag's bollocks whoever it is that creates these fucking things in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:24:00 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
Re: Urgent help needed here!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:47:53 pm »
You should be able to retrieve your work by plugging the HDD into a slave configuration or caddy into the USB port so don't worry about that for now. You could even try live CD's to quickly get the work if you need to.

I'm surprised you can't boot off a CD as that's independent of the OS. Are you sure sure boot from CD/DVD is set in the BIOS, does it say 'press any key to boot from CD or DVD...'

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 11:08:38 pm »
You should be able to retrieve your work by plugging the HDD into a slave configuration or caddy into the USB port so don't worry about that for now. You could even try live CD's to quickly get the work if you need to.

I'm surprised you can't boot off a CD as that's independent of the OS. Are you sure sure boot from CD/DVD is set in the BIOS, does it say 'press any key to boot from CD or DVD...'
I've tried everything. I had to take a rest from it there for the sake of my health and the sake of the PC itself. Very close to throwing it out the window, and all this because of some silly c*nts advice on which trojan scanner to use. I've also done what you've suggested with the bios and nothing. The blue screen that normally comes up where it says "press any key" just isn't coming up. All my drives are working as I've opened it all up and checked. The disc spins a bit then stops. I'm seriously stomped.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:39 pm »
If you have another PC/Laptop try making a Bart PE disk and booting from that:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You should be able to see the drives in there then copy stuff off.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:37:02 am »

You'll have to be patient but your work will be safe. I know it's a pain in the arse and time-consuming but...

As lachesis said, easiest way is to take the drive out of the case and hook it up as a slave (set the jumpers) in another machine and browse it from there.

87:13