Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 272466 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2680 on: March 1, 2012, 12:40:36 am »
And that is exactly the damage such childish bullshit like this does to real racism problems, like i said earlier, the problem here is Woolly, he clearly has a problem.

I'm from the west country - typically stereotyped as thick famers with a less-than-healthy liking for cider, do i give a fucking shit when i see the two ronnies chewing on straw, talking over a five-bar gate or catch a re-run of worzel gummidge.

Some twats need to look at themselves instead of displaying mock outrage that insults the issues they're meant to care about.
Ain't that a sad truth mate.

I hate biggotry in all it's forms.   But the holier-than-thou, self serving shite, I've seen over the last couple of months is sickening, and in certain quarters has put back race relations, years.

It seems that if they shout racist at you, and you disagree, then that in itself must make you racist.   You're either with us or against us mentality is a fucking subversion of the truth, if ever there was one.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2681 on: March 1, 2012, 12:45:31 am »
I fucking hate the wurzles  ;D

My wife used to go to school with the daughter of the guy on the far left in that video - he used to drop her off in his big fuckoff Bentley, performing like a muppet did him alright

;D

Again with all the lies, trying to make out you people from down Gummidge Country are something that you're not. Bentley my fucking arse!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb63PdPweDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tb63PdPweDc</a>
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2682 on: March 1, 2012, 12:46:39 am »
Just waiting for some idiot to start saying that the rainbow is a racist for not having certain colors...

Surely there's someone that dumb....

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2683 on: March 1, 2012, 12:47:06 am »
Poor Pepe. I bet when he made this advert he never expected an inquisition.  :o
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2684 on: March 1, 2012, 01:02:59 am »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2685 on: March 1, 2012, 01:05:51 am »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #2686 on: March 1, 2012, 01:20:08 am »
Just waiting for some idiot to start saying that the rainbow is a racist for not having certain colors...

I use to watch Rainbow.....

I use to watch Rainbow.....

Offline uber96

• Main Stander
« Reply #2687 on: March 1, 2012, 01:46:39 am »
In the midst of a discussion on the racist film maker Pepe Reina, you honestly thought it was a good idea to mention "the brownies?" Get in the queue for pillow cases behind Big Red Richie.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2688 on: March 1, 2012, 02:27:25 am »
No wonder they're up in arms. This is what happened when the cameras on the ad stopped rolling, honestly. Pepe's a dirty racist bastard.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tO16Ck4yVsg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tO16Ck4yVsg</a>
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #2689 on: March 1, 2012, 02:50:18 am »
Anyone seen this article? I thought it was a pisstake, but apparently and very sadly it is not. ::)

http://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/obv-force-spanish-multinational-pull-racist-ad

OBV force Spanish multinational to pull racist ad
Submitted 29 Feb 2012 1:47pm

In the last hour, OBV have learned that Spanish multinational insurance company, Groupama, which has a subsidiary here in the UK, has pulled one of its adverts currently showing in Spain that depicts Black people, in a jungle scenario as stupid, backward, animalistic homosexuals.

Sadly, however, the group go on to say,

“Groupama Seguros does not consider that this advert contains either offensive nor any discriminatory content.”

The advert which stars Liverpool and Spanish international goalkeeper Pepe Reina, plays on his surname Reina-which is translated to Queen in English. In the ad the blackened up chief chooses Reina, the Queen, as his partner in a lustful manner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpmZPeZbI1Y

OBV’s Director Simon Woolley said,

“I’m shocked on so many levels. Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals? Secondly, what does this say about Pepe Reina? The Liverpool goalkeeper has lived and worked in the UK for nearly a decade, does he think it’s ok characterise Black people this way? Does he think his Black team mates will laugh at his joke?”

Given that Liverpool football club is trying to move forward from the Suarez affair, it is a shame that another one of their players has caused offence, by appearing in an advert that seems to come from a bygone era. Those who are old enough might remember those despicable Benson and Hedges Silk Cut Zulu ads of the 1970’s.

Before having a go at Pepe, he should ask the black people in that advert why they took part. Did they not realise that it maybe deemed offensive?! Obviously they didnt - because it isnt! Sadly another bandwagon jumping group. Instead of helping asians and black people, these groups are turning us into a joke - and not a nice one at that.
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2690 on: March 1, 2012, 02:58:14 am »
Well done OBV. Another group who I should in theory be supporting but like FARE, the PFA, the FA and others who have proved they are more concerned with media posturing than dealing with the insidious and still very real problem of racism.

Hoo fucking ray. You've an ad banned. And ad featuring one of the nicest men in football. A truly decent man who is now tarred with the racism brush.

You utter fucking pricks.
Not to mention an ad in a fucking different country.

Fuckin' hell.

Offline tdogssc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2691 on: March 1, 2012, 03:06:10 am »
blood. boiling.
political. correctness.

someone get me a drink

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #2692 on: March 1, 2012, 03:27:02 am »
Well he certainly doesn't give a flying fuck about facts or the truth:

" A few weeks after the incident, a Liverpool fan wearing a 'we support Suarez' t-shirt, racially abused young Black player Tom Adeyemi during an FA cup tie against Oldham."

Really Simon?...

"no less than ten times"

Actually it was seven, if you believe the FA or twice if you believe Evra, Jesus Christ. This guy is the worst type of person in one of the most important positions.

Or he would be in an important position, if he wasn't an illiterate tool.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline lesknow

• Main Stander
« Reply #2693 on: March 1, 2012, 03:36:41 am »
I can't wait until Kenny just laughs at whichever tit that will inevitably ask him about this in the next presser.

"And what is the club's stance on this issue, Kenny?"

"Eat my vagina."
I think this was 2001, in the Texas state legislature, they were trying to outlaw sodomy, while at the SAME time, trying to repeal the law against bestiality.
So potentially, you couldn't make love in the privacy of your own home, but you'd be able to go down to the local pound & have a good ol LEGAL Texas style dawg fuckin!
DO NOT MESS WITH TEXAS

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2694 on: March 1, 2012, 04:01:23 am »
Hahaha reminds me of this from Australia. Got widespread criticism from Americans.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FftZt-Dw_hQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FftZt-Dw_hQ</a>
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #2695 on: March 1, 2012, 04:08:01 am »
Simon Woolley is a c*nt.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2696 on: March 1, 2012, 04:08:38 am »
They can all go and get fucked. Conflicted bunch of c*nts.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2697 on: March 1, 2012, 04:12:14 am »
This is a total sham.  Nevertheless, I hope the club and Pepe come out and address this in a way that shows they've learned the PR lessons of the Suarez thing.  Sadly though, I just can't see this going well.

not sure it's the Club who should address this - Pepe's not doing the ad in the Club's colours.  Probably the advertiser and Reina's agent, if it comes to that, with the Club lending support.

Having said this, a non-story which shown the matter has gone beyond stupid (long ago, to be honest).

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: March 1, 2012, 04:40:39 am »
This is a non story. Some sick idiot trying to score brownie points. He can fuck off. The club should say nothing and soon it will be forgotten.

Yup.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2699 on: March 1, 2012, 04:42:57 am »
Eight match ban, surely?

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2700 on: March 1, 2012, 04:49:41 am »
Have a feeling if this is deemed worthy enough of being prominent on the bbc sport page the whole thing will be used as a stick to beat Reina and LFC with, utter tripe. But hasn't this AD not been out for a few months now?
YNWA

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2701 on: March 1, 2012, 06:24:09 am »
Eight match ban, surely?

+ deportation... Signed by the FA...

Offline edmundljs

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird upon my chest, JUSTICE!!!
« Reply #2702 on: March 1, 2012, 06:24:33 am »
How is this even have anything to do with LFC? Here's the latest headline i've seen: "Liverpool get tangled in new race row".

This is fucking unbelievable.

EDIT: And I can't believe it's working. I have a mate who just texted me: Why is Liverpool so racist?!

The media's gone irrational.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 06:26:49 am by edmundljs »

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #2703 on: March 1, 2012, 06:37:42 am »
Sadly unless LFC sues someone huge and wins big time so everyone else learns the lesson this will go on forever. The bastards are leeches that will suck blood from any available wound even if it was their own.

Unless LFC will take some very prominent media outlet to court and win millions in damages, they will never stop, as they have a story line that sells like water in the desert, and they know they can get away with it.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: March 1, 2012, 06:50:19 am »
Well done OBV. Another group who I should in theory be supporting but like FARE, the PFA, the FA and others who have proved they are more concerned with media posturing than dealing with the insidious and still very real problem of racism.

Hoo fucking ray. You've an ad banned. And ad featuring one of the nicest men in football. A truly decent man who is now tarred with the racism brush.

You utter fucking pricks.
indeed, but you can make a lot of money by playing up to the faux outrage that the guardian, sky news and co create so thats why many of them go down this route, in fact i'd bet most dont really give a fuck about actual racism as long as it doesnt affect them

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: March 1, 2012, 06:59:26 am »
Jesus fucking Christ, I can't find any words for this.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2706 on: March 1, 2012, 07:03:27 am »
do these people have any real job instead of youtubing ads around the world to see if they are offended by it?  I bet their computers have a "Terry racist clip" block. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: March 1, 2012, 07:08:16 am »
Just sad really. PC obsessed bellends gone mad.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #2708 on: March 1, 2012, 07:10:40 am »
Dear me.

Someone make it stop, please..
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline Mucho-Xabi

• Anny Roader
  • Fight the Cuts
« Reply #2709 on: March 1, 2012, 07:16:14 am »
The biggest issue is being missed here

Pepe is a brilliant comic actor.
Ta Rafa La

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: March 1, 2012, 07:22:22 am »
Farcical, not worth getting upset over.  This country has become a laughing stock.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2711 on: March 1, 2012, 07:43:27 am »
Despite being genius, I hope someone complains about Fawlty Towers due to the depiction of Manuel.

What a load of fucking shit.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2712 on: March 1, 2012, 08:09:27 am »
The biggest issue is being missed here

Pepe is a brilliant comic actor.

that was my first thought....pulls it off very well

as for the supposed racist connotations....I wouldnt worry about it.....really cant see anyone, no matter what their club affiliations, finding the ad anything less than a bit of stupid fun....it'll be old news by the end of the week
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 08:12:04 am by Pistolero »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #2713 on: March 1, 2012, 08:16:06 am »
Will this ever end?
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: March 1, 2012, 08:16:57 am »
Absolutely ridiculous.

People need to get a grip.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2715 on: March 1, 2012, 08:31:26 am »
Before having a go at Pepe, he should ask the black people in that advert why they took part. Did they not realise that it maybe deemed offensive?! Obviously they didnt - because it isnt! Sadly another bandwagon jumping group. Instead of helping asians and black people, these groups are turning us into a joke - and not a nice one at that.

Bloody hell - Pepe's brought back slavery as well???!!! Abraham Lincoln will be climbing back out of his box shortly!

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2716 on: March 1, 2012, 08:31:44 am »
I've just read the article and it sounds like another case of pc madness. And some clown with nothing better to do than get sensitive over an ad in another country.

And the bbc deem it worthy news. I can't wait for that wolly Daniel Taylor from the guardian to denounce LFC and Kenny for encouraging this act of 'racism'.

Perhaps we should check with fergie if Reina should be sold now.

Its all very petty. Should black people be outraged for a film like 'Coming to America' on how it mocks some Africa culture? Or white people condemn 'White men can't jump'? Or maybe Asians for the countless films that stereotype them all as being martial artists involved in gangs.

Give me a break.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2717 on: March 1, 2012, 08:38:44 am »
This is slightly off topic, but I'm having an argument with a friend about Suarez-gate and promised him to show him the article where the Uruguayan linguist analyzed the FA evidence, and said it was essentially very unlikely that a Spanish speaker would say those words. Does anyone still have that link handy?

Thanks in advance

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2718 on: March 1, 2012, 08:44:08 am »
I speak Spanish, my wife is Spanish, has been living here for about 20 years.

I've seen the ad, if anything it looks like a 'post-modern' take on the old stereoptype of tribal canibalism. It is clearly ironic. I think it's telling that OBV focused on the 'homosexual' element. Firstly, why is it offensive for black people to be portrayed as 'homosexual' ( as an enlightened organisation, OBV should know many gay people find the term 'homosexual' offensive, because it was used by US psychiatrists to classify being gay as a mental health problem)

OBV go on to ask how Spanish people would feel if they were subject to cultural stereotyping. I don't remember OBV coming out against the use of phrases such as 'Spanish practices' in industrial relations or challenging the consistent portrayal of 'manana / siesta culture perpetrated by the English media. 

Finally, OBV purpose is obsolete, University of Warwick has published research showing that at the last election BME groups were actually proportionately over-represented at the ballot box. 

Opportunistic garbage
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2719 on: March 1, 2012, 09:30:17 am »
Fuck off you boring bastards is there nothing else going on in the world? And whats a spanish advert got to do with english people anyway?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)