Author Topic: Lime Street to Anfield - timings for a night game  (Read 6751 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lime Street to Anfield - timings for a night game
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:39 am »
Hi, Hope someone can help. Tried searching but can't see what I'm after.

I normally drive up for all games (including evening games) from south Cheshire (Crewe area) but recently changed jobs and can't get away early for the weekday night games so my best bet is the train.

I can only get away early enough to Crewe Station to catch the following trains:

Crewe - 18:32 - Lime Street - 19:16
Crewe - 18:43 - Lime Street - 19:21

The majority of our evening games this season will be 8pm kick off I'm presuming. (Europa certainly will be).

If the train arrives at Lime Street at 19:21 what time will I get in the stadium if I get a taxi - guessing there might be a queue?

If we have any 7:45 kick offs does anyone reckon I'd be able to make it before kick off.

Trains back are fine.

Thanks for your help.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
Re: Lime Street to Anfield - timings for a night game
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:51:59 am »
Hi, Hope someone can help. Tried searching but can't see what I'm after.

I normally drive up for all games (including evening games) from south Cheshire (Crewe area) but recently changed jobs and can't get away early for the weekday night games so my best bet is the train.

I can only get away early enough to Crewe Station to catch the following trains:

Crewe - 18:32 - Lime Street - 19:16
Crewe - 18:43 - Lime Street - 19:21

The majority of our evening games this season will be 8pm kick off I'm presuming. (Europa certainly will be).

If the train arrives at Lime Street at 19:21 what time will I get in the stadium if I get a taxi - guessing there might be a queue?

If we have any 7:45 kick offs does anyone reckon I'd be able to make it before kick off.

Trains back are fine.

Thanks for your help.

Don't wanna piss on your bonfire mate, but half the Euro games start at 6pm.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:00:30 pm »
I've been going for the last 5 years and can't remember a home one that wasn't 8pm unless something has changed. There's been a fair few aways that were 6pm.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:24 pm »
Don't wanna piss on your bonfire mate, but half the Euro games start at 6pm.
I've been going for the last 5 years and can't remember a home one that wasn't 8pm unless something has changed. There's been a fair few aways that were 6pm.
In the last 12 years i've been going to euro games at Anfield I can remember it only ever happening once which was against Sparta Prague in 2011, as you say the early KO's are normally when we are playing away.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 12:35:24 pm »
You should be okay with that. If you jump in a taxi you'll be up the ground within 10 minutes.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:40 pm »
10 mins in a taxi easy. If you arrive at 7.30 you should still be in the ground by 7.45 providing you're quick. 8.05 KO's give you loads of time.

Recommend the taxis on the Lord Nelson street side too, they'll get you there quicker.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »
Nice one thanks.

So best turning right out of Lime Street towards Lord Nelson street (think that's where there's a multi story car park?) rather than left to St George's hall where the soccerbus is? I know there are taxis that only go when full but not sure where these are - think they are from that way?

So one from Lord Nelson street likely the quicker option then.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 07:33:05 pm »
Nice one thanks.

So best turning right out of Lime Street towards Lord Nelson street (think that's where there's a multi story car park?) rather than left to St George's hall where the soccerbus is? I know there are taxis that only go when full but not sure where these are - think they are from that way?

So one from Lord Nelson street likely the quicker option then.
Yeah turn right when you get onto the concourse and head that way. They'll leave whenever not necessarily when they're full but we always try and jump in with a couple of others. About £6 to the ground it is.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 08:28:15 am »
Work means I often can't get in to Lime Street any earlier than the 19:44 arrival.  Provided the train's on time, I always make kick-off.  Jump in a cab by going right out the station, not the official rank on the left.  The roads are clear by then.  Make sure the taxi goes via Mere Lane, and I'm at the ground by 19:55.

At 19:21, the roads will be a lot busier and competition for taxis will be greater, but you should make it easily.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »
Nice one. Thanks for the updates. Good to hear from someone who's done it as well.

MKB - Sounds like you get the taxis on Lord Nelson street up by the Empire then?

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:05 pm »
MKB - Sounds like you get the taxis on Lord Nelson street up by the Empire then?

Yes.  Can't remember having a problem there on a week night.  Can sometimes be difficult on weekends though - either long queues or no taxis.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:37 am »
Nice one all this worked well.
One thing I forgot to ask though was how to get back to get the 22:34 rather than the one at 23:34 I ended up getting. I walked it (and have walked before) but wanted to get a taxi but couldn't work out where the best place would have been to get one from?? What's everyone normally do?
Thanks.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:14 am »
Nice one all this worked well.
One thing I forgot to ask though was how to get back to get the 22:34 rather than the one at 23:34 I ended up getting. I walked it (and have walked before) but wanted to get a taxi but couldn't work out where the best place would have been to get one from?? What's everyone normally do?
Thanks.

I always walk down Walton Breck Road towards the Stanley pub and down Everton Valley - there's usually dozens of cabs coming up from Scotland Road and you can jump in with other singles/pairs. I've been out of the Kop at 21.50 and at Lime St. easily in time for a 22.30 train before.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 09:45:47 am »
If you'd have got out the ground sharpish and walked via Oakfield Road, you'd have had enough time to walk back to Lime Street for the 10.34, as long as you know the way. Reasonable chance of getting a taxi along the way on Breck Road, but most taxis will come via Scotland Road, so its easier picking one up around Everton Valley.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 10:49:47 am »
If you leave sharpish around the final whistle or about 9.55pm walk down to Breck Road there's a number 14 bus due about 10.10pm the bus stops on Lime Street near the station, takes about 10-15 minutes & the bus rarely gets held up in traffic. http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelling-around/timetables/AllTimetables/14%20Liverpool%20-%20Croxteth%20(from%2030%20August%202015).pdf
#Sausages

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 4, 2015, 09:48:54 am »
Just one quick question on getting a taxi back to Lime Street after a night game.

Last few I've got one down Everton Valley walking towards Lime Street. No issues. Cost me about £5 something.

For the Europa game the other night I tried at the same place and none seemed interested - one wanted £20???? Thought they had to use the meter?

Is it best to be on the other side of the road down Everton Valley (where taxis are heading back from Lime Street to Anfield) - seemed to be more stopping there?

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16 on: October 4, 2015, 09:51:47 am »
Just one quick question on getting a taxi back to Lime Street after a night game.

Last few I've got one down Everton Valley walking towards Lime Street. No issues. Cost me about £5 something.

For the Europa game the other night I tried at the same place and none seemed interested - one wanted £20???? Thought they had to use the meter?

Is it best to be on the other side of the road down Everton Valley (where taxis are heading back from Lime Street to Anfield) - seemed to be more stopping there?
just call a private hire mate, alpha or delta are both decent firms. £20??- next time get his cab number and report him

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #17 on: October 4, 2015, 10:01:12 am »

Everton valley is a good place to get a cab, saw some Arsenal fans get quoted £20 for a came back to town 3 years ago & pay it.

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 08:04:11 pm »
anyone think I'd be able to get from Lime street to anfield in half an hour? Just thinking for the united game as the earliest train I can get arrives at 13:30 wouldn't mind running  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 09:41:46 pm »
anyone think I'd be able to get from Lime street to anfield in half an hour? Just thinking for the united game as the earliest train I can get arrives at 13:30 wouldn't mind running  ;D

I walk it briskly in 45.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 10:22:49 pm »
Get a taxi.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 07:08:56 am »
Get a taxi.

Yeah that would make sense, running on a match day can't be healthy can it?!

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 08:19:32 am »
Yeah that would make sense, running on a match day can't be healthy can it?!
Good shout, how long will that take with match day traffic though?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 04:20:33 pm »
I was still on the Kop at 9:58 a few weeks ago and got to Lime street just as my mate's 10:25 train pulled in. Was running/jogging the whole way though - its downhill mostly.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 06:02:55 pm »
The problem isn't the walk. The problem is if you're stuck at the top of the Kop it can take a while to even get out the stadium, then takes until at least Everton Valley to break into a decent stride as you're stuck in the crowds still.

Could always leave a few mins earlier. Seems quite popular these days  :no

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 01:01:48 am »
Cheers everyone
Probably just have to risk it and run my arse off once I get off the train, it's not going back to lime street I'm worried about, it's going from lime street to anfield as I don't want To miss KO

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 09:10:30 am »
Cheers everyone
Probably just have to risk it and run my arse off once I get off the train, it's not going back to lime street I'm worried about, it's going from lime street to anfield as I don't want To miss KO
A taxi will cost about £6 and take 15 mins max, normally less.

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 12:30:09 pm »
A taxi will cost about £6 and take 15 mins max, normally less.
Oh in that case taxi it is, cheers mate

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 07:58:52 pm »
Flying to/from Manchester for the Newcastle game. Flight home is at 8.20, so need to be there for about 7.15. How long does a train take from Lime Street to Manc Airport?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »
Flying to/from Manchester for the Newcastle game. Flight home is at 8.20, so need to be there for about 7.15. How long does a train take from Lime Street to Manc Airport?

According to the Trainline, the 18:14 from Lime Street gets to Manchester Airport at 19:24