Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 340042 times)

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1800 on: September 4, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »
Not so much in town but where would ye recommend to watch Celtic v Rangers up near Anfield next Sat midday?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: September 4, 2016, 07:28:34 pm »
Not so much in town but where would ye recommend to watch Celtic v Rangers up near Anfield next Sat midday?

I'll be watching it in Cabbage Hall I expect, loads of teles and you can get a scran as well

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #1802 on: September 4, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »
I'll be watching it in Cabbage Hall I expect, loads of teles and you can get a scran as well

Cheers lad will chance that
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1803 on: September 7, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »
Yes then it was the Penny Farthing.

I was on a bus last week at the lights in Queen Square waiting to tuen into St Johns Lane, looking across one of the streetlights was blocking letters out of Penny Farthing sign, so it read Penny Farting. ;D
#Sausages

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1804 on: September 7, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »
The Black Bull is the place to be seen tonight! In fact, anywhere along Longmoor lane is the place to be. They're back again!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1805 on: September 7, 2016, 05:02:39 pm »
The Black Bull is the place to be seen tonight! In fact, anywhere along Longmoor lane is the place to be. They're back again!

Not if you where there Monday afternoon, when there was a mass brawl.
#Sausages

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: September 7, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »
Not if you where there Monday afternoon, when there was a mass brawl.

They're back! ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1807 on: September 7, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
They're back! ;D

Armour at the ready then. ;D
#Sausages

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1808 on: September 7, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »
They have closed over an argument over fees, neither landlord or brewery is backing down, but they do seem to think they will re-open in the near future.

As I work on Old Hall Street my crafty lunchtime beverage options are becoming sparse, first the Exchange and now the bloody Keys and Lion.

Brings back some memories that from when I worked at RSA, used to mix up between cross keys, the exchange, the one where the costa now is (forgot name) the Albany, and on the odd occasion the spiral staircase. Changed around there a bit now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: September 7, 2016, 10:02:53 pm »
Armour at the ready then. ;D

Po-Po lockin that place down!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1810 on: September 8, 2016, 08:38:39 am »
Brings back some memories that from when I worked at RSA, used to mix up between cross keys, the exchange, the one where the costa now is (forgot name) the Albany, and on the odd occasion the spiral staircase. Changed around there a bit now.

You'd be gutted now, there is literally The Railway and The Pig & Whistle in walking distance from our building. There is the City Wine Bar next door, but they charged my mate Ł26 for 5 pints of beer last week.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1811 on: September 8, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »
You'd be gutted now, there is literally The Railway and The Pig & Whistle in walking distance from our building. There is the City Wine Bar next door, but they charged my mate Ł26 for 5 pints of beer last week.

Can't place the railway at all but went in the Pig and Whistle a few times. I started there in 2000 and left in 2007 and it'd changed a lot by the time I had. Still used to be some decent pubs left though :(

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: September 9, 2016, 10:52:32 am »
Where's the best shout to watch the Old Firm tomorrow in town? Also need a good place to watch the boxing as am heading back into town after the game

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1813 on: September 9, 2016, 11:47:36 am »
Where's the best shout to watch the Old Firm tomorrow in town? Also need a good place to watch the boxing as am heading back into town after the game
The old firm game will be on most places. As well as the manc derby, a lot of pubs will have both games on, on different screens, so just look around a few pubs to find it.

It being Celtic and all, most of the Irish bars will have it on.

I know the boxing is on in the Pen and wig, Harrington St..... as I'm sure other places if you want to look about.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1814 on: September 9, 2016, 05:19:51 pm »

Out that way next week. Is the Cross Keys still closed?

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #1815 on: September 10, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »
Out that way next week. Is the Cross Keys still closed?

Yep.   Heard it's due to reopen soon but definitely wasn't open yesterday.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: September 12, 2016, 04:40:18 pm »
After a bit of help please.
My daughter wants to go to town with some of her mates for her 18th. All her mates will be over 18, so there's no under age issues.
Where's good but safe? They are all probably going to go to Uni so somewhere that caters for that market would be good.
I just like food and proper boozers so I'm struggling a bit.

Any advice gratefully received,

Cheers

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: September 12, 2016, 04:43:49 pm »
My daughter wants to go to town with some of her mates for her 18th. All her mates will be over 18, so there's no under age issues.
Where's good but safe? They are all probably going to go to Uni so somewhere that caters for that market would be good.

Cheers

The likes of Peacocks/Heebies /Aloha on Seel St should be sound, never really seen any trouble in them places.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1818 on: September 12, 2016, 06:46:56 pm »

Cheers

just stay away from Matthew street & concert square and she'll be sound
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: September 12, 2016, 08:01:31 pm »

Cheers

heebies/brooklyn mixer/peacock. You won't get all the nobheads in there, but they're not full on clubs like some of the places around concert square. Just keep her away from the likes of Envi if you're worried about safety
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #1820 on: September 12, 2016, 09:55:20 pm »
Went to the Arkles on Sat to watch the old firm game. I asked the owner when i went in if they were going to turn it on as it was ten past 12 at this stage and there was golf on all the screens. He answered "All games will be shown here mate what you havin"? I took his word for it and didnt want to sound rude by saying well its actually ten minutes into the game now lad so i just ordered my pint. I sat down and about 20 past i went back up and said any luck with the game he answered Im looking for the remote mate  ;D. At this stage there were about 5/6 people in the same boat as me wondering what was going on, i then heard him saying to some other lads there was no signal or something so i just fucked off up the Solly. They had both derbys on so it all worked out.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: September 13, 2016, 09:28:45 am »
Cheers for your help Mondzz, Courty and Crosby. Appreciate it

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: September 13, 2016, 03:15:49 pm »
Going out with a group of lads/lasses for a birthday this weekend, recommend some bars that aren't concert square or Mathew street based? My brother booked a table in Ex-directory for early on to give it a try but after that..? Ta

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: September 15, 2016, 08:16:02 am »
Going out with a group of lads/lasses for a birthday this weekend, recommend some bars that aren't concert square or Mathew street based? My brother booked a table in Ex-directory for early on to give it a try but after that..? Ta

Ex Directory is decent, but from there I would try some of the bars around Castle Street. A good shout is The Alchemist, Brunswick Street or Jenny's Bar, Fenwick Street.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: September 20, 2016, 05:51:16 pm »
What clubs do the older members of this forum go to?  Ie in their 40s.    I still like a bit of a rave but don't want to be surrounded by kids

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1825 on: September 20, 2016, 05:58:14 pm »
"The older"...40s?

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: September 21, 2016, 02:17:16 pm »
Well we are older when in our 40s.   Don't want to be surrounded by kids all night

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: September 22, 2016, 07:13:38 pm »
What clubs do the older members of this forum go to?  Ie in their 40s.    I still like a bit of a rave but don't want to be surrounded by kids
The Croc

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: September 22, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »
Ex Directory is decent, but from there I would try some of the bars around Castle Street. A good shout is The Alchemist, Brunswick Street or Jenny's Bar, Fenwick Street.

Jennys Bar is great, getting a seat is a pain at times but it's one of the nicer bars I've found. That side of town generally has less students, so it's good evening if you want to avoid all that.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1829 on: October 6, 2016, 02:37:24 am »
Me and group of mates are arriving late Friday night bout 10 for a Weekend away or just basically a drinking trip . Will be thirsty the first night as u do so whats the late late late spots . Wont be too fussy been honest . Just once we can access few drinks .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: October 6, 2016, 08:37:56 am »
Me and group of mates are arriving late Friday night bout 10 for a Weekend away or just basically a drinking trip . Will be thirsty the first night as u do so whats the late late late spots . Wont be too fussy been honest . Just once we can access few drinks .

Where are you staying on the Friday night? There is a good few venues.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: October 7, 2016, 02:12:46 am »
City Center near Mattew St

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: October 7, 2016, 11:33:36 am »
There's lots of late bars in town, some staying open as late as 400 - 6.00 AM.

If you just want a late drink and nothing else, from where you are, The Grapes on Mathew street is open till about 4.30 AM on a weekend.

Just a bog standard pub, it's a little bit small and cramped, as it's always busy. Smokers yard out back. Usaually  decent music on, that carries a tune to sing along to.

Rubber soul is another open till 4.00 AM.......... In fact, there's a number of later openings around that area.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1833 on: October 7, 2016, 12:50:39 pm »
Cheers thanks , know the Grapes well and after 4 just in case as we wont be arriving till bout 11pm

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: October 12, 2016, 07:25:50 am »
Just follow your nose mate. That area has plenty of places open until 4,5 or 6.  Think Eric's is open until 4 too . Live music if that's your bag. Flares which is shit is open until 5 I think. one on the corner I can't remember is open until six but frequesnted by bad scals. Loads of places to be honest. Spoilt for choice nowadays if you want a late bevvy. I remember when they all used to close at 2am and then for Euro 96 they were granted late licenses until 4 and for those few weeks everyone took full advantage. Some right states were seen 😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1835 on: October 12, 2016, 11:18:58 am »
On the outskirts a bit,just seen this..

Boys from the Blackstuff pub to be demolished

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/pub-featured-boys-blackstuff-demolished-12011044#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

One of the best scenes from the series features the Green Man pub...shake hands!

12 flats..how sad.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1836 on: October 13, 2016, 07:52:17 pm »
Eating at Leaf on Saturday night, a group of 11 of us.

Any thoughts on decent city-centre bookable places for a drink afterwards?  Not looking for dives or posh places really, just a decent middle-ground (Leaf being an indicator of our starting point!).

Cheers :wave

Offline thirty

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1837 on: October 15, 2016, 12:57:53 pm »
Lads, any pubs busy on Sunday nights or is town pretty much quite?
thirty

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: October 15, 2016, 04:39:06 pm »
Lads, any pubs busy on Sunday nights or is town pretty much quite?

Think the grapes and such are alright, generally around Matthew street
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kenneth the Messiah

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1839 on: October 24, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »
Any recommendations for craft beer bars?