Author Topic: See ye later Joe Allen  (Read 41654 times)

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
Re: See ye later Joe Allen
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2016, 01:40:06 pm »
Best of luck to the lad. It's an aspirational move, he goes to a club billed as the new Charlie Adam.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »
I think he's going to really rock at the new Stoke. Sad to see him go but it's obvious that Klopp doesn't fancy him and he deserves to be a starting XI player. What could have been...I still feel he was our best midfielder last season and only continued that form at the Euros. Talent never seemed to be his issue more than health and consistency. Wish we could have found a way for him to stay, but wish him the best except against us!
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline fannybattersbookclub

• Kemlynite
  • Mrs said sex is better on holiday.Awful postcard.
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »
With Arnautovic signing a new extended contract for 4 years today and with the signing of Allen, Sobhi and maybe Berahino, I think Stoke City will have a very good season. 
I had one of them two girl Thai massages,thought I'd won the lottery,six matching balls

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2016, 09:18:51 pm »
If he stays injury free he will be Stokes Player of the Year.

Good luck Joe
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2016, 08:52:10 am »
He has done a decent job for us and leaves, I think, with the best wishes of most Reds.

I think that he is more likely to shine in a Stoke side aiming for eighth than a Liverpool side aiming to crack the top four.

Good luck.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2016, 11:19:18 pm »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
Very strange if true, can't see why he'd lie. I guess the bid was earlier than expected and too good for a player in the last year of his contract to delay any response.

Still, suggests a lack of leadership somewhere. With Klopp away at that point too (I think?), who represents us behind the scenes?!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »
Very disappointed to read that. Would expect that from a club like Chelsea.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2016, 11:29:47 pm »
Very strange if true, can't see why he'd lie. I guess the bid was earlier than expected and too good for a player in the last year of his contract to delay any response.

Still, suggests a lack of leadership somewhere. With Klopp away at that point too (I think?), who represents us behind the scenes?!
Ayre isn't it, or has he gone already?

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2016, 11:44:29 pm »
Could that happen?! Would Stoke bid for Allen without any indication that he would be willing to join them? What was his agent up to? we all knew he was being sold this summer. Seems a bit odd.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2016, 04:54:36 am »

The thing is though, we don't know who leaked the accepted bid. Nowadays agents do try to get the best contract for their clients by announcing early that a team is interested in their services, hoping for more bids to come in before the end.

Or maybe it did leak from our end. Who knows. But still, Allen is just class.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2016, 11:26:05 am »
This is shit.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #132 on: October 2, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »
Nice swan lid
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 2, 2016, 02:09:03 pm »
Well in wee Joe :D!

Does anyone think he could actually play the role Gini is playing for us now? Since Klopp came he was played further forward in the midfield and actually started chipping in with a few important goals while knitting the play nicely. Now at Stoke they've obviously not been doing well but the manager says he's the shining light of the team (Jesus reference :D) again he's been getting into good positions with Stoke with more freedom and popping up with a couple of goals. He's not as physically strong or fast as Gini but he is better defensively and tougher in the tackle while having similar ball skills with passing and receiving.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 2, 2016, 05:32:49 pm »
Nice one Joe.  ;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 6, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »
Cracking goal against Austria tonight. He can't stop scoring!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 7, 2016, 12:25:22 pm »
Well in wee Joe :D!

Does anyone think he could actually play the role Gini is playing for us now? Since Klopp came he was played further forward in the midfield and actually started chipping in with a few important goals while knitting the play nicely. Now at Stoke they've obviously not been doing well but the manager says he's the shining light of the team (Jesus reference :D) again he's been getting into good positions with Stoke with more freedom and popping up with a couple of goals. He's not as physically strong or fast as Gini but he is better defensively and tougher in the tackle while having similar ball skills with passing and receiving.

Not for me. It is clear why we let Joe go and brought Gini in. Completely different players. Allen could obviously have still done a job for us but he doesn't have the pace or running power of Gini or the tactical flexibility and that is key for me. As good as he is he just doesn't suit how we play. Maybe he could have adapted had he stayed but he wanted and deserves to be a regular at a good club. He is a superb footballer and I'm very surprised a bigger club didn't come in for him to be honest. I think as he gets older he will get better and better.

Cracking goal for Wales last night and he is going to be a big miss for us on Sunday if he isn't fit, especially with Ramsey already out.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2016, 03:12:42 pm »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2016, 03:47:44 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »
Typical both he and Balotelli turn into goal machines the second they sign for other clubs, though in Allen's case he probably would have done so more if he hasn't been played as the deepest midfielder for pretty much his whole stint here.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »
Keep it up Welsh Xavi!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2016, 06:28:46 pm »
Keep it up Welsh Xavi!
I think you'll find that Xavi can only dream of the goal tally wee Joe's going to hit this year.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »
Happy for him.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »
He already has equalled his persinal record for goals scored in a single season.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2016, 12:10:40 am »
Keep it up Joe!
Played well today and has been Stoke's best player so far this season!

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2016, 05:23:46 am »
Please tell me we inserted a sell-on fee; this man is Barca bound! More or less than Suarez's fee... I haven't decided yet. Messi will be afraid, very afraid. On ya Joe!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:45 am »
Typical both he and Balotelli turn into goal machines the second they sign for other clubs, though in Allen's case he probably would have done so more if he hasn't been played as the deepest midfielder for pretty much his whole stint here.

Not really typical though. Players rarely seem to go up a level when they leave Liverpool. Alonso and Mascherano are probably the two clear exceptions to that rule.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2016, 11:51:00 am »
Not really typical though. Players rarely seem to go up a level when they leave Liverpool. Alonso and Mascherano are probably the two clear exceptions to that rule.

Suarez?

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »
I remember that golden chance he wasted at the pit may have been our near title season a game we didnt win, anyway good luck to him.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2016, 12:57:10 pm »
Keep it up Joe!
Played well today and has been Stoke's best player so far this season!

have to agree with that. Looks like the only player arsed vs man u and two goals this week. Looks like they have got a bargain. indispensable in the stoke midfield for now.

wish him all the best. Just not against us of course ;D

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2016, 11:16:20 am »
wonder how he would have done last night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2016, 12:58:59 pm »
wonder how he would have done last night

Depends really. If he'd continued playing so few minutes as last season, which with Wino and Lallana's form I guess is likely, he'd probably have looked as rusty as Can last night.

If he'd hypothetically have come to play for us last night, after starting the season at Stoke playing regularly, we'd probably have looked better in the first half.

Essentially though, there's no way he'd have been playing as well as he is now if he was playing for us now, because yesterday would have been his first league start

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2016, 10:09:39 pm »
Shame we let him go but he's showing his talent for Stoke
Believe

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »
Shame we let him go but he's showing his talent for Stoke

Would he get a game?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2016, 10:11:24 pm »
Would he get a game?

Probably not as a starter which is why he left I expect.
Believe

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 1, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »
4 goals and 2 assists his last 5 league games for Stoke. Don't think it's a coincidence that Stoke have 11 points over that same period.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 1, 2016, 11:20:56 pm »
nice footballer but couldnt handle the pressure of playing for liverpool imo. we saw nothing even close to this output in terms of goals and assists. he always played things very safe. never took a chance with anything.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 2, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »
It isn't so much pressure, he had a different role and was playing much further back for us for a lot of his time here. He did all right in terms of attacking output last season, he just wasn't part of Klopp's long term plans. I'm not too disappointed - it's not like we're playing badly without him - but I don't think any of our current midfielders have his composure. Maybe Lucas, but he has far less mobility than Allen right now.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 2, 2016, 05:04:46 pm »
nice footballer but couldnt handle the pressure of playing for liverpool imo. we saw nothing even close to this output in terms of goals and assists. he always played things very safe. never took a chance with anything.

What about the fact he never played this far forward for Liverpool and spent a lot of his playing time as the deepest of the midfielders? Injuries and being in and out of the side also didn't help along with the fact he is now coming into his prime years. He's playing further forward, starting week in and week out in a team that goes through him for most of their attacking play. Has nothing to do with pressure at all for me. Terrific player and will get better and better with age.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #159 on: November 2, 2016, 11:06:05 pm »

Did you and capitalisation have a falling out or something?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.