Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543880 times)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #3880 on: October 29, 2016, 02:38:08 pm »
linked with Man Utd today, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pmsl.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3881 on: October 29, 2016, 05:01:25 pm »
He'd bite their hand off...

(I'll take my coat)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #3882 on: October 30, 2016, 06:59:27 pm »
linked with Man Utd today, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

A Scouse mate of mine said to me this afternoon "if Luis ever goes to OT, I'll personally drive over to Manchester and pull his friggin' teeth out!"
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3883 on: October 30, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
Thought he said last week he wanted to play for ajax again at some point..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3884 on: October 31, 2016, 08:30:22 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3885 on: October 31, 2016, 08:34:21 pm »
:lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/_SentimentCule/status/793181996549898240

Messi looks like he's on another planet, and that beard is getting bushier - time for a trim.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3886 on: November 4, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
Four years ago to the day. Never gets old!

https://vine.co/v/Mm17O0A6bIJ

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3887 on: November 4, 2016, 08:31:38 pm »
"The touch of a genius" as Tyler so aptly put it.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3888 on: November 5, 2016, 01:17:20 am »
Four years ago to the day. Never gets old!

https://vine.co/v/Mm17O0A6bIJ

there were were so many - but jesus christ - how good was that!

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #3889 on: November 5, 2016, 10:57:00 pm »
It's the sheer elegance of it, and the rhythm. Bish, bash, bosh.

An exceptionally difficult feat of quick thinking and physical coordination, performed effortlessly - that's what all the true greats have in common.

That impudent over-the-head flick when running at full speed + volleyed arrow beyond the helpless 'keeper vs Norwich is still his very best in a red shirt though, for my money. Maybe not quite as pure and elegant, but as spectacular a goal created from nothing by an individual as I've ever seen.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3890 on: November 5, 2016, 11:53:37 pm »
That impudent over-the-head flick when running at full speed + volleyed arrow beyond the helpless 'keeper vs Norwich is still his very best in a red shirt though, for my money. Maybe not quite as pure and elegant, but as spectacular a goal created from nothing by an individual as I've ever seen.
That goal blows my mind every time I see it. As you say, it's not quite as elegant as the Newcastle goal but I can't remember ever being as dumbstruck by a goal for days and weeks afterwards. Un-fucking-real.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3891 on: November 6, 2016, 05:04:57 pm »

And to think that in that very match he also scored another goal of the season contender from 40 yards out, oh as well as a free kick. Absurd player.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3892 on: November 6, 2016, 05:07:05 pm »
And to think that in that very match he also scored another goal of the season contender from 40 yards out, oh as well as a free kick. Absurd player.

I'm still disappointed that the shot against Arsenal that year didn't go in

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #3893 on: November 6, 2016, 05:13:36 pm »
^ That game was just something else to watch unfold live. All his goals that day showed such amazing technique in their vastly different ways, he was hungry and opportunistic and basically the ideal forward. It might have only been Norwich, but you know when you've witnessed true greatness, a properly gifted footballer.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3894 on: November 8, 2016, 09:57:04 pm »
I was watching that game on Smithdown and the boozer erupted more and more with every goal! Proper love in

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3895 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-8ktxAOMy3I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-8ktxAOMy3I</a>

Scores even while in goalkeeper duty.  ;D
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3896 on: December 9, 2016, 04:42:52 pm »
Last contract before he comes back to us.  :D :D

Luis Suarez is set to sign a new contract at Barcelona. http://bbc.in/2h5E7j9

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3897 on: December 15, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »
Signed new 5 year deal.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3898 on: December 15, 2016, 07:19:24 pm »
€200m release clause. I'll get the Just Giving page set up.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3899 on: December 15, 2016, 11:56:48 pm »
So i'm thinking we should trigger that and either take the player or demand 50 mill to give him back.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3900 on: December 16, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »
Crazy he only came fourth in the Ballon d'Or

Watch him improbably step up another gear now...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3901 on: December 18, 2016, 09:59:22 am »
€200m release clause. I'll get the Just Giving page set up.

Well you've got at least 3 years. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #3902 on: December 18, 2016, 10:12:56 pm »
2 goals and a beautiful assist tonight in the Barcelona derby v Espanyol. Delighted for the lad.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3903 on: January 5, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »
Didn't get in UEFA's team of the year. Laughable.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #3904 on: January 8, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »
Didn't get in UEFA's team of the year. Laughable.

He's the best player in the world over the last few years. Uefa/Fifa has long been a joke.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3905 on: January 11, 2017, 10:35:37 pm »
Still a red at heart  ;)

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3906 on: January 12, 2017, 06:26:10 am »
100 already!
I know Liverpool are massive and have had some greats but often I find myself thinking how the he'll don't d this guy play for my team.
He's better than everyone right now

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3907 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:56 pm »
Happy Birthday to the one ex I can't get over  ;D

Luis, 30 today!

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #3908 on: February 1, 2017, 08:31:00 pm »
just assisted himself to score the first goal against Atletico.. simply the best Striker.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3909 on: February 1, 2017, 08:34:51 pm »
just assisted himself to score the first goal against Atletico.. simply the best Striker.

La Liga is shite though. Far better quality in the Premier Best In The WorldTM League. Suarez wouldn't hack it here  ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3910 on: February 2, 2017, 09:31:04 pm »
Is he the best player ever to pull on a liverpool shirt? Considering achievements elsewhere as well ofcourse.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3911 on: February 4, 2017, 11:27:48 pm »
Days like today are why I miss this guy so much  :'(, you could bet he would of dragged us to victory today.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3912 on: February 5, 2017, 05:50:16 am »
Is he the best player ever to pull on a liverpool shirt? Considering achievements elsewhere as well ofcourse.

I wouldnt argue with anyone who shared that opinion

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #3913 on: February 5, 2017, 02:54:30 pm »
I've long said that Suarez is easily the most gifted footballer we've ever had represent us. And the one who squoze the most out of that extraordinary combination of natural attacking talents with his sheer mad desire to win and consistent world-class application, as well as his astonishing physical resilience.

'Best' is an awkward one, because for many that means being a principal contributor in actual glorious accomplishments, so they're a little offended by the suggestion he'd place above Dalglish, Gerrard, Barnes, and so on. And of course his disciplinary record and relatively brief time here count significantly against him for a lot of fans. But if Maradona or Messi played only one game in Liverpool colours, showing what they're capable of but then getting themselves sent off early in a game we couldn't quite go on to win, they would still be the best footballer we've ever fielded. For me, Suarez is clearly at the very pinnacle of the quite small group of LFC players that could be regarded as truly world class in their time; he's actually in the conversation for greatest attackers to have ever played the game.

I'd say Gerrard has a solid place somewhere in the top 50 midfielders in world football history, but Suarez has an argument to be considered in the top 10 forwards of all time, certainly top 20. Messi, Pele, Ronaldo (Fenomeno), Cruyff, Puskas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Suarez, Eusebio, Romario, Van Basten - doesn't look out of place at all to me.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3914 on: February 5, 2017, 05:54:44 pm »
Days like today are why I miss this guy so much  :'(, you could bet he would of dragged us to victory today.
we lost 3-1 the last time we had him for hull away

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #3915 on: March 9, 2017, 11:42:55 am »
That flop for Barca's second penalty yesterday was something I can do without.  I appreciate his drive to win at all costs, but I don't miss the dives. 

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3916 on: March 9, 2017, 11:48:09 am »
That flop for Barca's second penalty yesterday was something I can do without.  I appreciate his drive to win at all costs, but I don't miss the dives. 

Haha - I loved it. It's Luis Suarez. He's the Scorpion in the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #3917 on: March 9, 2017, 11:49:36 am »

No real difference in what Neymar did to earn his?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3918 on: March 9, 2017, 03:31:40 pm »
Haha - I loved it. It's Luis Suarez. He's the Scorpion in the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog.

Very good.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3919 on: March 9, 2017, 09:11:04 pm »
Disappointing, doesn't chance my absolute manlove for him though.