Author Topic: Joe Cole  (Read 83569 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 08:37:37 am »
Some knee jerking today....he was OK last night. Nothing more than that. Im glad he got a goal, you could see that meant alot to him, but to suggest that he still has a future here is silly. He's gone, he's not good enough. That performance wont do us any harm for trying to promote him to get a buyer in January.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 08:38:38 am »
Shop window performance and did well. Still has no future here sorry.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 08:40:21 am »
Some knee jerking today....he was OK last night. Nothing more than that. Im glad he got a goal, you could see that meant alot to him, but to suggest that he still has a future here is silly. He's gone, he's not good enough. That performance wont do us any harm for trying to promote him to get a buyer in January.

In all fairness, within the context of that team performance, he was better than 'okay'.  He was our best player, certainly our most creative.

That said, it's a long road back for him.

Offline MagnusW

• Kemlynite
  • Red Norwegian, living in Melbourne
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 08:42:30 am »

If anyone could post the gif of his goal too that would be boss
2nd goal GIF here: http://www.cadfael.tv/image/src/1353620262371.gif

(Why cant I post photos? I get an error that says I don't have the permission to post photos)

Great to see Cole put on a good performance. Hopefully he can get some more playing time, but in the PL? I don't know. And at the expense of who?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:13 am »

(Why cant I post photos? I get an error that says I don't have the permission to post photos)

You need 50 posts.

Offline LucyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 08:45:56 am »
Better get the nebuliser pitch-side then.
Make that an oxygen tank ;)

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
Joe Cole
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 08:48:18 am »
He played well last night and performances like that would make him a useful squad player........if he was on £50,000 a week rather than £100,000!! I actually like the bloke but he blew his chance with his lack of fitness problem early in his Liverpool career and has no future at the club IMO
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 08:48:22 am »
looked fucked after 5 minutes, but fair play pulled the finger out last night

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 08:54:34 am »
Always been a fantastic professional.  Watching the reserves one day and he started for them and the commentator was gushing about how professional he was and how badly he wanted to succeed here.  Can't fault him for effort.  He is just physically shot.  That was the fittest I've seen him and he was blowing out after 15 minutes.  Its a shame we never got to see him play his best for us.

Isn't the first thing you need to do as an athlete is get yourself fit if you want to be considered as a professional?
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 08:56:13 am »
Credit where credit's due, he was good last night. If he can perform like that more regularly there's no reason he can't be a useful squad player for the rest of the season. Fair play to BR too, seems his mental coaching worked. Another impressive example of making the best of what's available - although one swallow does not a summer make for Cole, of course.

Very encouraging though and just a shame we didn't shut up shop at 85 minutes.

Offline Chris Mullin

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 09:01:55 am »
looked fucked after 5 minutes, but fair play pulled the finger out last night

Had that Stephane Henchoz look about him last night for sure..... :-)
The only way Lebron will ever get close to a ring is if he shakes Kobe´s hand.........

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2012, 09:06:46 am »
Thought Cole and Suso linked well on a number of occasions last night.

Cole's ball to Suso to put him through was lovely after good build-up and Suso repaid him with a great pass to put Cole one on one that he missed just before they equalised.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2012, 09:08:09 am »
He has been shit since he got here but nobody can deny he had a good game yesterday, seemed like he was clicking with the team for once. Looked like one of the better players on the pitch and was always pushing forward, creating space and linking the play. Hopefully can keep some sort of form for january window.
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:09 am »
Well done last night, had more than a hand in both goals.

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2012, 09:30:46 am »
I don't care how much he earns.

I understand it has an affect on the squad, and who we can buy and all that rubbish. But, frankly, that's not Cole's fault. No more than it was Seth Johnson's when he was offered the world. Yes, ideally we can move him off the books, but that's another argument. That has nothing to do with what Joe Cole offers on the pitch. Value doesn't matter here, because we're choosing between him playing and not being worth the salary, and him not playing at all and being paid the salary. Put it out your fucking minds.

Yes, Cole looks knackered after 5 minutes. But he's still running hard after 70, so who cares how he looks if he's still putting in a shift?

Yes, he's been gash. But so have a great many of our players at times this season. I can't think of a first team player that doesn't have at least one 90 (or until subbed) period this season of utterly dire, destructive football. No, I can. Glen Johnson. What a trooper.

But, many someones have been talking about what a pity it is we had to lose Dirk, Maxi and Bellamy just as we bring in a system that would perfectly suit them (leaving us short up top too). Cole also fits the system. He knows the runs. He makes them. He tracks back. He can hold the ball in contact. Pass. Etc.

This was only one performance. Knees are jerking. Joe Cole is not going to be our saviour. But, for fucks sake, he's a senior, round peg for a round hole*. Why the fuck are we not supporting him when he plays?

*Yeah, probably the wrong image to use.

The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2012, 09:49:25 am »
Well played

Offline G8S7

• Legacy Fan
  • At the end of the storm There's a golden sky
Sv: Joe Cole
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2012, 09:52:01 am »
J Cole with good fitness = Messi

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2012, 09:53:52 am »
I thought he played well.

Pleased with his reaction after the Swansea game and he gave one or two glimmers of the player he used to be. Maybe if he keeps working hard in training, he might find himself on the bench for a League game soon off the back of that performance.

I don't think his future is at this Club, but whilst we have him and whilst we are lacking depth and quality to the squad, I will be happy with any decent performance he turns in.

We have a poor squad for the places we want to go. If Cole can improve and give us another option, then happy days. He might play himself into a shop window in the next few weeks.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:55 am »
IF he can put in a consistent level of performance like last night's and maybe improve on his fitness cause he looked bollix every time the camera was on him then he'd be an ok option for lesser cup games. Id be open to re negotiating his contract to a lower wage. nobody will pay him the money he is on now if he moves so id say to him Its Liverpool on 30/40K a week or a stoke/wigan/westham on the same.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2012, 10:05:10 am »
Scored a goal and set up a goal. Also wasted a lot of possession and missed a 1-on-1 chance. Good and bad. Thing is, he's 31 and on a shedload of money. He offers experience off the bench, which is not to be knocked. I also don't buy the whole 'he's blocking the pathways for the youth'. If anything we have too many young players, a bit more experience in the side wouldn't hurt. However, if someone offered money for him in January, he must be moved on.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:00 am »
Isn't the first thing you need to do as an athlete is get yourself fit if you want to be considered as a professional?

He might be fit but not match sharp.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:26 am »
Id take a wage cut for his own good (lets say 50k) and if we keep him I'll be very happy.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2012, 10:19:24 am »
Good game last night, but his position hasn't changed. He'll be the first to go in January.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2012, 10:22:01 am »
Good game last night, but his position hasn't changed. He'll be the first to go in January.

I bet he isn't, probably not through the lack of trying though.

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
  • My chicken is better than yours
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2012, 10:26:13 am »
he had a good game but don't think he will have a future here as we have some really good talents for his position.
It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2012, 11:48:20 am »
Didnt see the whole game but from what I did see, he looked pretty decent.

In an ideal world the likes of Suso would be a certain starter ahead of him, but it makes sense if he is starting to look good to consider him as an option possibly from the bench. Factoring in the monumental mess the club made during the final few days of the Xfer window.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 11:50:29 am »

If anyone's soft enough to buy him.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline LucyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2012, 11:56:23 am »
I was really pleased for Joe Cole last night :) i was one of the many who slagged Joe Cole off to high heaven on here, but was really pleased that he got a goal and an assist :)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2012, 11:56:58 am »
If he puts in 2-3 performances like last night when he is introduced, there will be suitors. We'll have to pay a part of his wages though.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2012, 11:58:22 am »

'Arry at QPR?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
He can't go on drawing Theo's wages,now can he ?

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2012, 12:02:20 pm »
I thought Brendan's comments post match said it all really. It was more what he didn't say.

Don't expect to see Cole in a Red shirt anytime soon (except in Europe), he has no future at the Club.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2012, 12:41:49 pm »
Hope thats put him well and truly in the shop window, thought he did okay, but in the PL it would be more difficult.

That number 10 shirt needs to be relinquished.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2012, 12:44:27 pm »
Few more decent performances and he'll be off to Harry's QPR in January.

Enjoyed watching him last night.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »
Like him or not, I was made up for him last night.

You could see the relief on his face.

Well done Joe lad.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2012, 12:50:18 pm »
He must of played well last night as this thread in only into 2 pages!

Offline WavertreeRed

• Anny Roader
  • Internet Terrorist, Detonating emails every 5 mins
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »
One swallow doesn't make a summer, but for 70 minutes he played well (and thats the closest thing to a compliment he's getting from me!).
Will you please kindly refrain from all this rational common sense bollocks.

Someone has said something on a social networking site, so it must be true.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2012, 01:09:55 pm »
Tried hard, played well. Even noticed him tracking back in the first half. Had a couple of good moments with Henderson.

But.

2 things strike me about this picture.

One, he looks absolutely fucked! Not just as a result of playing the game, but that he hasn't slept in weeks! Look at that bag under his eye! Shocking.

2nd, I think the expression on his face, and thought at the time in the ground, watching him wheel away on his own in front of the Kop, it seemed like he was almost gloating in front of our fans.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree as he seems a nice fella purely from those video diaries in the summer, Also being honest I haven't been at Anfield enough times when he's been playing to know if the atmosphere towards him warrants that reaction. Nevertheless it seemed very odd.

Still, a good performance and if he's as sound as he seems in the videos I wish him every success but I'm still sure the best chance of that will be elsewhere.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »
People say he looked fucked after 5 mins but his work rate was good throughout I thought) and that's what matters.

I'm not saying he's immediately a good option now, but he showed he still has the know-how in the final 3rd, and some games that is what we have looked like needing.

And he defo is a good pro, went to France last season, no qualms. I truly believe he wants to play football.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »
Hopefully thats the end of the Pacheco whining, Cole is a much better player though neither have a long term future here and I suspect we'll barely see Cole now before he departs unless we draw someone lower league in the FA Cup.