Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245940 times)

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1400 on: June 15, 2012, 11:10:23 am »
Have stayed away from this deliberately recently because while I deal with cancer every day in my job and often try and help people out with info and advice through this thread (given my knowledge around radiotherapy) it has just been the last month or so that I have had to deal with anything personally along these lines. Just over a month ago my uncle and godfather (bear in mind I didn't get christened until I was 19 so got to choose my godparents) was diagnosed with an aggresive lymphoma. Since then he has been started on chemo, which they had to stop because it made him very ill - particularly around the time of my cousin's wedding where he, my aunt and a couple of cousins where very much missed. Since then he has seemed like he's been improving, although they haven't been able to restart the chemo. Because of this they've found out this evening that he'll have to have surgery tomorrow which will mean he loses his foot, then further surgery next week when they can assess things further. I'm finding it particularly difficult as I haven't managed to see him yet - though hopefully in a couple of weeks I'm in the area and will obviously make the trip in to see him.

There has been an upside to this in that it has really brought the family together. We were always really close as children but the family has really spread out around the country since and it's harder these days - so that's something. But I'd really appreciate if people would keep my Uncle Brian in their thoughts (and prayers if your beliefs extend to that). Thanks.

Thinking of you and your uncle, and sending him lots of positive, healing vibes. I really hope the news is good and you get to see him soon.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #1401 on: June 15, 2012, 04:41:13 pm »
Thought I'd add a post to this thread.

Cancer is affecting someone in my life currently. Incredibly sad story that does make me fill up when I think of them.

Someone I'd describe as one of my best mates. His missus is suffering breast cancer and secondary bone cancer. Its essentially now a task of making her life as long as possible to enable her to see as much of her daughters life as possible.

I met this chap years ago. He started working at my place.
As a couple, him and his missus were unable to have children so whilst going through course after course of ivf to try and have a child they started adopting children in need of short term care.

Finally got pregnant about 5 years ago. Brilliant news and they had a daughter! Fair to say, that the daughter is about as spolit as its possible for a child to be lol

She was first diagnosed with breast cancer, 1st April, 2010. She was treated with radiotherapy and a Mastectomy to remove the cancer and was in remission towards the backend of the year.

Next couple of checks were fine after xmas but following that, something was detected in her spine during a ct scan. An mri scan was quickly sorted and she was again diagnosed with scondary breast cancer in her spine exactly a year to the day later from the initial diagnosis.

I was completely gutted for him. He knew it was coming, almost like a self for-filling prophesy. The cancer is treatable with drugs to stop its spread and is not yet terminal but it is just a matter of time. Must be total agony to deal with that. Seriously, being a family of similar age with young kids, I have no idea how someone deals with it. But the way that they do, astounds me. Bravest couple of people I have ever met.

She's had 2 or 3 surgeries to try to strengthen her spine with braces to join the healthy vertebrae together and bypass the areas that have crumbled, the courses of drugs to hold it back. She struggles to get up in the morning and move around. There's always the possibility that at any moment she will end up with paralysis as the vertebrae give up the ghost.

Its now about living as much as they can. Each birthday that passes, each special day, 1st day at school. That sort of thing.

My missus and I have nothing but admiration for them. Its amazing how strong people can be.

Thought I would update this as things have moved along rapidly.

She became quite ill about 6-8 weeks ago with difficulty breathing, and being unable to keep any food down and just generally very ill. Deteriorated rapidly and was admitted to hospital to try and sort the sickness out as it was believed possibly, that the combination of drugs was making her ill. They wasnt able to improve things and a scan showed something on her lungs. As the cancer hadnt spread from the bones to anywhere else, they tried to  think positively about it and hoped that it was perhaps Pneumonia or some kind of chest infection. A biopsy earlier on this week has revealed that it is lung cancer. She has been released from hospital and sent home for palliative care. My friend has been told that he shouldnt hope for anymore than 2 months.

My Missus and I have offered to look after their daughter, if they need us to, whatever time but there's not alot else we can do but just be there.

Totally gutted for them all, especially their little girl. Its heart breaking.

Obviously there is not alot that can be done when all is said and done but hospital appear to have taken a massive amount of time in coming to this conclusion. Seems odd that it took 6 weeks when they obviously knew her history. Perhaps they knew along. I dunno.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:46 pm »

Thought I would update this as things have moved along rapidly.

She became quite ill about 6-8 weeks ago with difficulty breathing, and being unable to keep any food down and just generally very ill. Deteriorated rapidly and was admitted to hospital to try and sort the sickness out as it was believed possibly, that the combination of drugs was making her ill. They wasnt able to improve things and a scan showed something on her lungs. As the cancer hadnt spread from the bones to anywhere else, they tried to  think positively about it and hoped that it was perhaps Pneumonia or some kind of chest infection. A biopsy earlier on this week has revealed that it is lung cancer. She has been released from hospital and sent home for palliative care. My friend has been told that he shouldnt hope for anymore than 2 months.

My Missus and I have offered to look after their daughter, if they need us to, whatever time but there's not alot else we can do but just be there.

Totally gutted for them all, especially their little girl. Its heart breaking.

Obviously there is not alot that can be done when all is said and done but hospital appear to have taken a massive amount of time in coming to this conclusion. Seems odd that it took 6 weeks when they obviously knew her history. Perhaps they knew along. I dunno.

I'm so sorry to read through your posts. It's just so hard to know what to do and say and gut wrenching to know that the little one will be losing her mum and your mate his partner. Life has incredible highs but devastating lows too. There is no right way to navigate through this emotional territory but I do know from experience that your mate will find it hard during the nights and the weekends when he's on his own away from the hospital. You won't need to say much just be there. I'm thinking of your mate and his family, my thoughts are with you as well.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: June 15, 2012, 05:07:28 pm »
I'm so sorry to read through your posts. It's just so hard to know what to do and say and gut wrenching to know that the little one will be losing her mum and your mate his partner. Life has incredible highs but devastating lows too. There is no right way to navigate through this emotional territory but I do know from experience that your mate will find it hard during the nights and the weekends when he's on his own away from the hospital. You won't need to say much just be there. I'm thinking of your mate and his family, my thoughts are with you as well.

Thanks.

Devastated for him.

He's been juggling work and spending time with her in hospital while looking after his daughter.

I think work has helped him. We have both only been there for 18 months after working together at our last place together for 6 years or so(complicated lol) but they have been fantastic with him. Helping him out and giving him time. Everyone is a pretty close and it is a great place to work and we all know what he's going through so we keep the banter going and it gives him a bit of relief from everything, so we all feel a little bit of the families pain - wish we could take a bit of it away from him.

I was sat in the office the other day with him a couple of guys when the hospital called him to ask him to come in. Knew straight away from his questions and tone on his voice that it was bad. He went straight off and called later just to confirm everything and basically to let them know that he probably wouldnt be back to work,  for a while anyway. He didnt need to do that but I suppose he knows how good the company have been.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: June 15, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »
Thanks.

Devastated for him.

He's been juggling work and spending time with her in hospital while looking after his daughter.

I think work has helped him. We have both only been there for 18 months after working together at our last place together for 6 years or so(complicated lol) but they have been fantastic with him. Helping him out and giving him time. Everyone is a pretty close and it is a great place to work and we all know what he's going through so we keep the banter going and it gives him a bit of relief from everything, so we all feel a little bit of the families pain - wish we could take a bit of it away from him.

I was sat in the office the other day with him a couple of guys when the hospital called him to ask him to come in. Knew straight away from his questions and tone on his voice that it was bad. He went straight off and called later just to confirm everything and basically to let them know that he probably wouldnt be back to work,  for a while anyway. He didnt need to do that but I suppose he knows how good the company have been.

Work definitely helps, anything that helps bring any sense of routine and normality is as good as it gets. Good to know the company is supporting him it would be unforgivable if they didn't. You all sound as if you're great people. In the end it is all we can offer each other, a bit of banter, to listen and just offer a bit of humanity. Bless you all!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1405 on: June 19, 2012, 06:03:21 pm »
Sorry to hear your news Dan, hopefully your dinner guests will be able to share the grief and help you this evening. :wave

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1406 on: June 19, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »
Really sorry to hear that Dan, hope you had a good toast for him earlier. Only in his 20s? Amazing how cruel and indiscriminate it can be.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: June 19, 2012, 10:53:03 pm »
I actually came here to read what Dan/Lfsea had written today, but saw this.
The good news for me
I read your posts with interest and have nothing of value to add. Happy for you and I hope all is well
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:33:14 pm by zero zero »

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1408 on: June 23, 2012, 02:01:02 am »
Only just read that Dan, very sorry to hear it mate.

I know exactly what you mean about being scared to read this thread.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »
Work definitely helps, anything that helps bring any sense of routine and normality is as good as it gets. Good to know the company is supporting him it would be unforgivable if they didn't. You all sound as if you're great people. In the end it is all we can offer each other, a bit of banter, to listen and just offer a bit of humanity. Bless you all!

Well after being given possibly 2 months nearly 2 weeks ago, from thursday night onwards she went downhill rapidly and passed away on Sunday night.

I was totally speechless. So so sad :(

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: June 26, 2012, 09:47:39 pm »
Well after being given possibly 2 months nearly 2 weeks ago, from thursday night onwards she went downhill rapidly and passed away on Sunday night.

Am so sorry to hear this. There is no meaningful way to make sense of any of this except to say there's no more watching the helplessness and diminishing spirit. My thoughts and prayers are with your friend, his children and with you too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:49:40 pm by mat106 »

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1411 on: June 26, 2012, 11:18:00 pm »

Really sorry to hear that mate.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1412 on: June 26, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »

Sorry to hear that.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1413 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »
Another tumour for the old man unfortunately, the brain again. Docs are in the process of figuring out what the treatment should be.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1414 on: June 28, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »
Another tumour for the old man unfortunately, the brain again. Docs are in the process of figuring out what the treatment should be.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hope it has been noticed on time and everything goes well.

All the best
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1415 on: June 28, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »

I am sorry to hear this, my aunt survived 3 different bouts of brain tumors, surgery, and chemo. It is a difficult cancer to beat. I will be thinking of you and your pop mate.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1416 on: June 29, 2012, 08:18:23 am »

Raul, you, your Dad & family continue to be in my prayers.

Max

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: June 29, 2012, 08:32:40 am »

I am so sorry to hear of this. If its any consolation my Aunt has 5 and they're secondary but she's still here fighting strongly against all odds. I pray for strength and ease for you all.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: June 30, 2012, 04:52:56 am »

Thinking of you, Akshay mate.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1419 on: June 30, 2012, 09:57:54 am »

So sorry to hear that Akshay, stay strong mate.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1420 on: July 2, 2012, 11:33:42 am »
On a more positive note I got to see my uncle/godfather at the weekend. He's had his leg amputated above his knee but is in remarkably good spirits. Had his second dose of chemo on Wednesday and as yet hasn't gone neutropenic like he did after the first dose, though it's still a possibility for the next week or so. Showed him photos from my holiday to Egypt and he sat and watched the slide show for ages, which apparently is the most his attention has held since he was admitted. Thanks for all your positive thoughts/prayers.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: July 4, 2012, 09:33:23 am »
Sorry to hear about your news, Raul and Liamski. Hoping for the best for your Dad, Raul. Good to hear about uncle, HH :) Fingers crossed things carry on going as well as possible for him.

My uncle's just been diagnosed with colon cancer :( It's too advanced and it's spread, which means they can't operate. He should be getting some chemo to 'slow down the process' but we won't know until Friday as he's had more tests done. I am so gutted and angry. And I feel for my cousins, who lost their Mum to cancer over twenty years ago. I can't imagine what they're going through - it must be bringing back all sorts of horrendous memories. Sad days.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1422 on: July 4, 2012, 11:59:52 am »
Thanks and best wishes to all.  They are going to do a two step radiation treatment.  A lighter dose for the brain as a whole and double the intensity for the tumour itself, starting next week.  The doctors are reasonably positive that there won't be any significant side effects (even more important when it is the brain) and are also fairly optimistic about the chances of getting rid of the damn thing.  Here's hoping for the best.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1423 on: July 4, 2012, 12:07:33 pm »
Best of luck to your Dad, Raul...thoughts are with you.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1424 on: July 5, 2012, 10:27:51 am »
I've meet some evil shits in my life.

This disease FCUKING CNUNTING suxs.

Mate got the all clear 3 weeks ago.

Not to be. Massive bleed gone

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1425 on: August 5, 2012, 09:10:05 am »
On a more positive note I got to see my uncle/godfather at the weekend. He's had his leg amputated above his knee but is in remarkably good spirits. Had his second dose of chemo on Wednesday and as yet hasn't gone neutropenic like he did after the first dose, though it's still a possibility for the next week or so. Showed him photos from my holiday to Egypt and he sat and watched the slide show for ages, which apparently is the most his attention has held since he was admitted. Thanks for all your positive thoughts/prayers.

Things went rapidly downhill from this point. On Wednesday night I had a phonecall from mum to say they didn't expect him to live more than two hours and that the immediate family were all either with him or on their way. Being the strong, stubborn man he is he survived reasonably peacefully all things considered until dying in his sleep at 3 o'clock this morning.

Rest in Peace Uncle Brian. I will always remember what a good uncle you were, what am influential godfather you were and what a wonderful man you were.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: August 5, 2012, 09:52:19 am »
Things went rapidly downhill from this point. On Wednesday night I had a phonecall from mum to say they didn't expect him to live more than two hours and that the immediate family were all either with him or on their way. Being the strong, stubborn man he is he survived reasonably peacefully all things considered until dying in his sleep at 3 o'clock this morning.

Rest in Peace Uncle Brian. I will always remember what a good uncle you were, what am influential godfather you were and what a wonderful man you were.

Very sorry to hear this, thinking of you. RIP Brian.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1427 on: August 6, 2012, 08:42:05 am »
Thoughts are with you -HH-... RIP Brian. :sad

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: August 6, 2012, 08:54:43 am »
Thanks and best wishes to all.  They are going to do a two step radiation treatment.  A lighter dose for the brain as a whole and double the intensity for the tumour itself, starting next week.  The doctors are reasonably positive that there won't be any significant side effects (even more important when it is the brain) and are also fairly optimistic about the chances of getting rid of the damn thing.  Here's hoping for the best.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Keep strong and stay focused on the moment.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: August 6, 2012, 08:57:09 am »
Sorry to hear about your news, Raul and Liamski. Hoping for the best for your Dad, Raul. Good to hear about uncle, HH :) Fingers crossed things carry on going as well as possible for him.

My uncle's just been diagnosed with colon cancer :( It's too advanced and it's spread, which means they can't operate. He should be getting some chemo to 'slow down the process' but we won't know until Friday as he's had more tests done. I am so gutted and angry. And I feel for my cousins, who lost their Mum to cancer over twenty years ago. I can't imagine what they're going through - it must be bringing back all sorts of horrendous memories. Sad days.

Fragility of life and all that. Thoughts and prayers are with You and your family.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: August 6, 2012, 08:59:33 am »

I'm so sorry for your loss! It is hard to make sense of it thoughts are with you and yours.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: August 6, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »

I'm sorry mate, thoughts are with you.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: August 6, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »
Just learned today that the wife of a good friend of mine is very close to dying. I know she's been diagnosed with cancer 3 years back and that she's been fighting ever since. 2 months ago she got the message that there was nothing more to do except for some experimental treatment which she agreed to. A week ago she collapsed on their holiday in France and it turns out the medicine has damaged her liver so bad it only has about 10% functionality left and her body is so damaged that the family was rushed to the hospital on saturday to say their goodbyes because the doctors wanted to give her enough morphine to keep her pain-free but that would mean she'd go to sleep and not wake up again. She's now sleeping and they're waiting for the inevitable...

Fucking hate this disease...... :no

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1433 on: August 6, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »
Just learned today that the wife of a good friend of mine is very close to dying. I know she's been diagnosed with cancer 3 years back and that she's been fighting ever since. 2 months ago she got the message that there was nothing more to do except for some experimental treatment which she agreed to. A week ago she collapsed on their holiday in France and it turns out the medicine has damaged her liver so bad it only has about 10% functionality left and her body is so damaged that the family was rushed to the hospital on saturday to say their goodbyes because the doctors wanted to give her enough morphine to keep her pain-free but that would mean she'd go to sleep and not wake up again. She's now sleeping and they're waiting for the inevitable...

So sorry to hear that mate.

Thank you for all your thoughts, both in here and privately. It means a lot.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: August 7, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »

Tina left this world little more than 2 hours ago in a hospital in Nice surrounded by her family and friends. RIP Tina - you'll be missed! :sad

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: August 8, 2012, 02:00:44 pm »
Tina left this world little more than 2 hours ago in a hospital in Nice surrounded by her family and friends. RIP Tina - you'll be missed! :sad

Very sorry to hear this :( Thoughts are with you and Tina's family and friends. RIP Tina.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: August 8, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »
Fragility of life and all that. Thoughts and prayers are with You and your family.

Thanks for your kind words. My uncle seems to be responding well to treatment - no side effects and some of the pain is gone. Long may it last.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1437 on: August 8, 2012, 02:11:30 pm »
My heart-thoughts go out to all affected by this ....... My father died in November & had great support on this thread... i pray for you all...

Last week a good mate found out he was riddled with cancer... ... the funeral is Monday...  :no .... RIP Freddy mate..  :'(
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1438 on: August 8, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »
For those scarred by the ravages of cancer and ALL its consequent victims I wish you all much peace and comfort in your sadness. It really is one bastard of a disease and claims far too many well before their time. Pray that discovering the key to its defeat is not too far away.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1439 on: August 10, 2012, 05:35:25 pm »
Just had the news that my Mum has cancer of the lung, the liver and the kidney. Absolutely fucking devestated at the news. I'm in bits here. Had to put this on here to try and ease the pain.