Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245837 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1320 on: April 12, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »
Koppitekop11 Maggie and markcd have summed it up perfectly. Be there for them and offer any help or a shoulder to lean/cry on when it's needed. That's all you can do and in their state right now it's very much needed / appreciated.

Trust me even if they don't tell which they probably won't because their heads are full of emotions and practical thoughts it's a big help for them to know you're there for them if they need you.

God bless!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1321 on: April 13, 2012, 09:49:14 am »
Best wishes to everyone on here.

I just wanted to say I have seen a picture of our Gary Ablett which was posted by Oliver Kay, from the Mirror website. Its shows how he was before he died from the condition non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which also took my uncle many years ago I should say.

I just can't post any more today after seeing that. RIP Gary and all the best to everyone on here.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #1322 on: April 20, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »
My prayers and very best wishes to this remarkable young lady.

A quick update - she is now half way through her 10 week programme of proton therapy and all is apparently going well. I think the first few weeks in the US were an adventure, but now she's just bored!

Had a fundraiser in school today among her year group, and the kids and parents were so generous, many bringing £20 or more in with them to add to the coffers. I was able to add £100 of my own and £80 of donations gathered from generous RAWK users and I think the total at the end of today had pushed past the £1000 mark, which should certainly help to ease the cost of all the hotels and flights etc. Thanks again for the generosity of RAWK.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1323 on: April 20, 2012, 08:36:56 pm »
A quick update - she is now half way through her 10 week programme of proton therapy and all is apparently going well. I think the first few weeks in the US were an adventure, but now she's just bored!

Had a fundraiser in school today among her year group, and the kids and parents were so generous, many bringing £20 or more in with them to add to the coffers. I was able to add £100 of my own and £80 of donations gathered from generous RAWK users and I think the total at the end of today had pushed past the £1000 mark, which should certainly help to ease the cost of all the hotels and flights etc. Thanks again for the generosity of RAWK.

That is brilliant news, well done to all who contributed.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1324 on: April 20, 2012, 10:19:23 pm »
Earlier in this thread I posted about my mum dying (15months ago now) with cancer.  Just before she was diagnosed the next door neighbour was dianosed and given 3 months.  He survived almost 18months but sadly died this week.  Was only 49. 

On a brighter note I was reading the papers this week and stories in there about how some of the stuff within aspirin has now been found to fight cancer successfully, so maybe a bit of hope for those diagnosed in future.

Aspirin appears to be a hidden miracle drug somewhat - every so often the medics discover another benefit re its use.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17443454

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1325 on: April 20, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

That is fabulous news. I'm so glad to hear that her therapy is going well. Her positive attitude will help her to get through so much of what she is facing.

Please keep us posted on rawk.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: April 21, 2012, 10:47:01 pm »
I think the total at the end of today had pushed past the £1000 mark

:thumbup

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1327 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

Brilliant that Mark, keep us updated on her progress. Great to see the success of the fundraising too.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:42 am »

Thats brilliant news mate :thumbup

On a similar note, if anybody could donate whatever they have spare (no matter how little) to this great cause it would be greatly appreciated. As said earlier in this thread, very good friends of mine lost their dad to Leukaemia and are trying to raise as much money as they can to help a great charity. Thanks everyone, it means a lot :)

http://www.justgiving.com/John-McCann
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: April 23, 2012, 01:12:52 am »
My thoughts are with everybody who has posted on here about how they've been affected by this disease. I'd love to be able to read through it in more depth, but it honestly just makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. A friend's mum recently dies, and now my best mate's uncle has only got a short time to live and it makes me mad. Worse than that though, my eldest sister is just going through Chemotherapy for the third time with breast cancer at the moment. She found out she had it for the third time a few days before Christmas. After the chemo has finished she's got to have a double mastectomy at the end of May, followed by a longish course of radium. Then the reconstructive surgery starts. She's a braver person than me and I think her strength and resolve has seen her through. She's a lesson for everyone and my absolute hero and inspiration. My apologies for not popping into this thread enough to wish people well, but good luck and my very best wishes with all your personal battles.

Take care everybody,

Sean.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1330 on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:50 am »
My thoughts are with everybody who has posted on here about how they've been affected by this disease. I'd love to be able to read through it in more depth, but it honestly just makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. A friend's mum recently dies, and now my best mate's uncle has only got a short time to live and it makes me mad. Worse than that though, my eldest sister is just going through Chemotherapy for the third time with breast cancer at the moment. She found out she had it for the third time a few days before Christmas. After the chemo has finished she's got to have a double mastectomy at the end of May, followed by a longish course of radium. Then the reconstructive surgery starts. She's a braver person than me and I think her strength and resolve has seen her through. She's a lesson for everyone and my absolute hero and inspiration. My apologies for not popping into this thread enough to wish people well, but good luck and my very best wishes with all your personal battles.

Take care everybody,

Sean.

All the best to your sister Sean, she's a true fighter.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1331 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39:37 am »
Sorry to hear that Sean. Send her my wishes mate.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: April 23, 2012, 05:47:28 pm »
All the best to your sister Sean, she's a true fighter.

Sorry to hear that Sean. Send her my wishes mate.

Seconded...

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: April 23, 2012, 11:47:37 pm »
Seconded...

I'l third that as well.

Hope everything goes okay mate. People who suffer from this horrible disease are truly inspirational. All the best  :)
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: April 25, 2012, 03:15:45 am »
Sean, it sounds like she is fighter. I hope it all goes well mate.

In other news one of my best mate's father was just cleared and listed as 'in remission' from his prostate cancer this afternoon.

Needless to say we are all well made up about the news.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1335 on: April 25, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »
Sean, it sounds like she is fighter. I hope it all goes well mate.

In other news one of my best mate's father was just cleared and listed as 'in remission' from his prostate cancer this afternoon.

Needless to say we are all well made up about the news.

Nice one mate - always a welcome boost to read some good news on here.

Good luck to your sister Macca - thoughts are with you.

Cheers for the update Imperator - sounds like she is progressing as well as could be hoped.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:11 pm »

Now up to £2031 raised to help the family. I am made up!

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »
Great news mate. :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Manix

• Dogged Campaigner!
  • Anny Roader
  • The Liver Bird upon my chest
« Reply #1338 on: April 25, 2012, 05:53:55 pm »
I had the yearly appointment with my oncologist last week and I am chuffed to hell to be told I am in my 5th year of being cancer free.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »
I had the yearly appointment with my oncologist last week and I am chuffed to hell to be told I am in my 5th year of being cancer free.

Fantastic news.

that is most excellent news.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: April 25, 2012, 08:02:12 pm »

:scarf

Please send the family my best wishes... :)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:03 am »

Superb news, really is.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1342 on: May 1, 2012, 11:54:55 am »

Source: www.xkcd.com

The creator of the comics's fiancee was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer a couple of years ago.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #1343 on: May 1, 2012, 02:00:40 pm »
My 84 year old Nan is really starting to struggle after being diagnosed at the beginning of the year. She's being moved into a hospice today but I'd be surprised if she lasts another few weeks. I kind of want her to pass away sooner rather than later as she is in pain but feel guilty for feeling that way.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: May 1, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

So very happy for you!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: May 1, 2012, 04:13:28 pm »
My 84 year old Nan is really starting to struggle after being diagnosed at the beginning of the year. She's being moved into a hospice today but I'd be surprised if she lasts another few weeks. I kind of want her to pass away sooner rather than later as she is in pain but feel guilty for feeling that way.

When my Mum died last year i just thought ' about time ' I have very personal reasons for that. For my Dad last year i wanted him to go as it wasnt him lying there, was just a body in pain. Its not what he would have wanted. I think its a more common thought than we think. It does sound callous thinking like that, but imo its more humane if thats the right word.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: May 1, 2012, 08:20:59 pm »

Tell you what mate. My dad died at 56 from this fucker of a disease and after 8 months of him fighting I thought "Thank God he's in a better, more peaceful and pain free place now". So there's absolutely no reason for you to feel guilty eventhough I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. God bless...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: May 1, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »

I lay on the hospital bed cuddling my Mum, she was out of it but the nurses said she could hear and told her I loved her and that it was time for her to let go. She was a shell of the person she'd been 4 weeks before, she was like a skeleton and she'd fought like mad for the 3 weeks since the diagnosis (lung, bone and breast), the docs had told us she had 3 days, but she wanted to see my wedding in the Sept. Eventually it was time and for the best.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #1348 on: May 1, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »
When my Mum died last year i just thought ' about time ' I have very personal reasons for that. For my Dad last year i wanted him to go as it wasnt him lying there, was just a body in pain. Its not what he would have wanted. I think its a more common thought than we think. It does sound callous thinking like that, but imo its more humane if thats the right word.
Tell you what mate. My dad died at 56 from this fucker of a disease and after 8 months of him fighting I thought "Thank God he's in a better, more peaceful and pain free place now". So there's absolutely no reason for you to feel guilty eventhough I know exactly what you mean and how you feel. God bless...
I lay on the hospital bed cuddling my Mum, she was out of it but the nurses said she could hear and told her I loved her and that it was time for her to let go. She was a shell of the person she'd been 4 weeks before, she was like a skeleton and she'd fought like mad for the 3 weeks since the diagnosis (lung, bone and breast), the docs had told us she had 3 days, but she wanted to see my wedding in the Sept. Eventually it was time and for the best.

Thanks guys. Hopefully it's soon and as pain free as possible.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1349 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »

That's fantastic!!

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1350 on: May 12, 2012, 05:09:04 am »
All the best to everyone dealing with this.

Just to report that its notw a year since my Dad was diagnosed (for his secound bout of cancer - a brain tumour. After surgery and rounds of chemo, he's a lot better, other than occasional seizures that are apparently par for the course. Fingers remain firmly crossed. 

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1351 on: May 12, 2012, 11:09:27 am »

Just to report that its notw a year since my Dad was diagnosed (for his secound bout of cancer - a brain tumour. After surgery and rounds of chemo, he's a lot better, other than occasional seizures that are apparently par for the course. Fingers remain firmly crossed.

Yes!  Pleasing news.
I recall when you mentioned this last year.
Good one :D
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1352 on: May 13, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

Brilliant news mate, long may it continue. Hope you're keeping well an' all.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: May 14, 2012, 02:55:30 am »
Horrible day today. I'm at the funeral later of my mate's uncle I mentioned a few weeks back while my sister is going in for her op as well. Just keeping my fingers crossed for her. Fuck cancer!
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: May 14, 2012, 04:38:01 am »
In this morning for treatment on my Basal Cell Carcinoma - hopefully in and out (they are freezing it off) and hopefully that will be that.

Certainly not as serious as some of the stories and cases in here, and I'm confident it will get sorted.
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #1355 on: May 14, 2012, 06:34:27 am »
As a few people have posted some lovely things to me in this thread just wanted to pop in and wish everyone my best wishes for those who are having problems. My Girlfriend's Mum is doing good these days but her friend Dave is still struggling a bit coming to terms with the treatments.

I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: May 14, 2012, 11:39:19 am »
In this morning for treatment on my Basal Cell Carcinoma - hopefully in and out (they are freezing it off) and hopefully that will be that.

Certainly not as serious as some of the stories and cases in here, and I'm confident it will get sorted.

Good on you. It''l be grand.

My student has completed her treatment in the US and will be heading back to the UK in a couple of days. They are confident that the treatment has gone well. She has lost a bit of hair from the targeted area apparently, but better than losing it all through chemotherapy. The school has raised about £2500 in total to help the family out with their expenses, which I am delighted about. Thanks again to those of you who contributed to this total.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1357 on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:06 am »
Positive news Raul - excellent stuff.

Good luck to your sister Macca, and to you too NatD.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: May 14, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »
Procedure cancelled as the insurance company hadn't approved it (typical Middle East!).

Back tomorrow morning.
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline golly51

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1359 on: May 15, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
I hav`nt been in here for a few months and decided to have a look in a couple of hours ago.
 I found it very upsetting to read that the` sky I scrape` (Dan) had passed away. After I had posted in here of the death of my stepfather, he was very kind and supportive, not only to me but also to the other posters in here coping with the affects of cancer to themselves or friends and family,all the time  whilst fighting the disease himself.  Every time he posted he mentioned smiling and fighting. I had great admiration for him and the utmost respect and I still do. RIP Dan

:'(
Hopefully theyll get round to doing Pretty Woman n all,and actually put a pretty woman in the lead role instead of Julia Roberts.She looks like picasso's tried drawing a horse with his feet
              Suarez doesn't stop for nerves. He is too good