Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245818 times)

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1040 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »
Well,my news took a turn for some other direction,the chemo was knocking me sideways and my consultant has decided to stop it as i obviously cant take it and he doesnt think it is working as it should,still got scan results to come but he seems confident we are stopping the treatment. From now on its a straight fight between me and it. im not eligible for trial drugs as ive had cancer before. 
pain relief and sheer will power now.
could be 3-6 months could be 24-46 months?! we just dont know right now. scan results will reveal more in a week or so but fuck me,that was some news i wasnt expecting. Im almost glad that the treatment has stopped cos it was crippling me,and now all my body levels will rise again and ill plateau for a while,just gotta hope that its for a good while!! im not gone yet and i will be putting up one motherfucker of a fight against this tw@t so ill keep you all informed.

make sure you give love this xmas,im feeling cheesy now!!

love everyone,laugh often,smile all the time. dont waste time on fakers. i love you all...............
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
Well,my news took a turn for some other direction,the chemo was knocking me sideways and my consultant has decided to stop it as i obviously cant take it and he doesnt think it is working as it should,still got scan results to come but he seems confident we are stopping the treatment. From now on its a straight fight between me and it. im not eligible for trial drugs as ive had cancer before. 
could be 3-6 months could be 24-46 months?! we just dont know right now. scan results will reveal more in a week or so but fuck me,that was some news i wasnt expecting. Im almost glad that the treatment has stopped cos it was crippling me,and now all my body levels will rise again and ill plateau for a while,just gotta hope that its for a good while!! im not gone yet and i will be putting up one motherfucker of a fight against this tw@t so ill keep you all informed.

love everyone,laugh often,smile all the time. dont waste time on fakers. i love you all...............

That's pretty shit TSIS and as you say, it always seems to come at a time you don't expect it.

You obviously don't need me to tell you to enjoy what you have as much as you can, you clearly know that, but all I can say is, so sorry to hear your news and live everyday as if it's your last and have no regrets, that's all Joanne and myself did, that's pretty much all you can do.

Thoughts are with you as always.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1042 on: December 11, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »
I can only echo what keith has said TSIS...

Thoughts are with you! YNWA.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1043 on: December 11, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »

Thats hard mate but ill be one to say love you too. This disease wont beat everyone, and with all the fighters giving it abuse it has to succumb sooner or later.

Hope you can beat it i really do.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1044 on: December 11, 2011, 08:32:39 pm »
TSIS, I feel for you mate. Fight it with every fibre of your being and you can beat it.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: December 11, 2011, 08:33:36 pm »

We are with you every step of the way. Lots of love going your way xx

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #1046 on: December 12, 2011, 10:11:35 am »
Cheers folks,ive always been a fighter and and ive always had my smile as my biggest weapon so as long as they are in full force i reckon im ok for a while yet! fucking thing is a pain in the arse.........

got my little goals to aim for and got other things to be done so business as usual for now.........

Henry Rollins

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1047 on: December 12, 2011, 08:10:04 pm »
Good luck mate, everyone is rooting for you.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1048 on: December 12, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »
Cheers folks,ive always been a fighter and and ive always had my smile as my biggest weapon so as long as they are in full force i reckon im ok for a while yet! fucking thing is a pain in the arse.........

got my little goals to aim for and got other things to be done so business as usual for now.........
All the best for you mate! Tons of love and respect! I hope you can do it and beat it. All the best!!! as Jonathan says, we're all rooting for you ;)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
.... im not gone yet and i will be putting up one motherfucker of a fight against this tw@t so ill keep you all informed.
All the best mate, our thoughts are with you - be strong, you'll win.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: December 13, 2011, 01:41:57 am »
TSIS - thinking of you and wishing you all the strength you need for your fight. Keep strong and we're all here for you. x

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #1051 on: December 16, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »
Punch in the fucking gut. Bastard disease.  :(

My dad went to the doctor for a follow up on some tests and they told him he's got prostate cancer.

It's all surreal.

Looks like they've caught it early though so fingers crossed....

TSIS - Thinking of you. YNWA

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1052 on: December 16, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
Sorry to hear that Evie.

The Sky I Scrape, my thoughts and best wishes with you mate. Post in here any time you want to say something.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1053 on: December 16, 2011, 01:04:16 pm »

My thoughts are with you mate. YNWA
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1054 on: December 17, 2011, 11:11:53 am »
Doesnt matter which way you say it, cancer suxs.

Evil beast been calling again. Auntie who raised us passed away. Her body too tired to go on.

Point is she fought. And for that, for all here, that's what matters. Fight the evil beast.

Small steps, small things. And always a smile to those we love.

YNWA
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: December 17, 2011, 01:17:30 pm »
Thoughts are with you and your family Rafa. I hope you can enjoy Christmas and celebrate Auntie despite you grieving over her passing. God bless.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: December 17, 2011, 03:54:02 pm »
I lost a relative to an aggressive type of Leukemia yesterday, just 55, its pretty hard to take.
Keep fighting it everyone.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2012, 10:07:08 pm by John C »

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #1057 on: January 1, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »
SO sad to have to write this....I'm Vicky, Dans partner :)  Sadly he passed away on thursday night after battling so so hard these last few months.  He was with me and his parents and not in pain.  Absolutely heartbroken he was my Soul Mate, we split up for a masssive 2 days a couple of weeks ago but cancer did not win out thats one thing it can't touch.  He fought bitterly to the last minute, could barely talk or walk but he got up out of bed for a belated christmas thursday afternoon to give me and his family our christmas presents. Still being the sarcastic sod he was lol.   I got a kiss and and a little squeeze and he told me he loved me twice which was incredible given he could hardy breathe. 

He was the bravest person I have ever met an absolute inspiration to everyone who met him including my children who loved him to pieces, all his family and hundreds of friends are at a loss he was amazing and so funny and kind.

A little story last night I went to a party to celebrate new year with his sister and I dropped my phone on the floor unaware a little bit up the road.  We all had been given paper lanterns to light at midnight we only managed to get one bloody lantern up and it blew along the street for ages.  One of the little lads at the party chased it until it fell down again.  When he got to where it fell there he found a phone, picked it up and the lantern took off away again this time it went up and over the houses into the sky.  He came running back with it to Dans mum to see who lost it and she looked at the front as it has a pic of my kids on it and instantly knew it was mine.   Typical Danny looking after my scatty brain :)  ................I know he's in a good place now and although he was super angry that he had so much he wanted to do like get married next year he also lived more life than most in his short life..................

He absolutely loved this site was on it everyday always showing me stuff on here :)

I wish all of you the very very best for the New Year for anybody still fighting keep strong and for all thats lost to this demon of a disease you are brave brave strong folks nobody should have to go through that hell its so unfair!!!

One of Dans Gods - Bill Hicks
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.”

Goodnight the Sky I Scrape you are scraping it no longer my beautiful little star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Henry Rollins

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1058 on: January 1, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »
Ah bollocks.

So sorry to hear this but thankyou for coming on and letting us all know.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1059 on: January 1, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »
TSIS, you will be sorely missed mate. You were a fighter and there are not enough like you. Im in tears here mate, you tried so very hard.

Vicky, im so very sorry for your loss, if there is anything we can do please let us all know. My thoughts are with you all.

Much love and respect.

TSIS, you make us proud mate. Ill miss you.

Carl.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 1, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »
TSIS, you will be sorely missed mate. You were a fighter and there are not enough like you. Im in tears here mate, you tried so very hard.

Vicky, im so very sorry for your loss, if there is anything we can do please let us all know. My thoughts are with you all.

Much love and respect.

Carl.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1061 on: January 1, 2012, 08:20:35 pm »
Fucking hell :(

Im glad you managed to have 1 more Christmas together Vicky.

I dont know what to say. I'll echo Carl, if theres anything we can do........

RIP The Sky I Scrape.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 1, 2012, 08:23:37 pm »
Vicky I'm so, so sorry to read that. Thoughts are with you, and thank you for letting us know.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1063 on: January 1, 2012, 08:23:48 pm »
So sorry to hear that bitterly sad news.Stay strong and remember that the RAWK family(as dysfunctional as we are) are always here if you ever need anything.

RIP TSIS

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: January 1, 2012, 08:40:58 pm »

Much love and respect.

Carl.

Put it better than I ever could.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #1065 on: January 1, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »
RIP TSIS

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #1066 on: January 1, 2012, 09:18:15 pm »
Ah crap....  :( 

RIP TSIS

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1067 on: January 1, 2012, 09:20:50 pm »
That's really shitty news..   :(

RIP TSIS

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: January 1, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »
RIP TSIS

YNWA

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1069 on: January 1, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
Vicky I'm so sorry for you, your family and Dan's family. As echoed already if there's anything we can do we're here.

RIP Dan, you'll be greatly missed.

Edit:

Much love and respect.

Carl.

Couldn't put it any better.
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: January 1, 2012, 09:31:53 pm »
very sad, RIP TSIS

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1071 on: January 1, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

Much love and respect.

Carl.
There should be a like button on here.
Well said, Sir..

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 1, 2012, 09:33:31 pm »
Much love and respect.
Carl.

I echo Carl's sentiments... gutting news to start the year. He will be missed in the threads.

A great fighter.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1073 on: January 1, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »
Ah fuck. I never come on this thread expecting good things but that's a kick in the guts.

Thanks for letting us know, Vicky, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: January 1, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »

Much love and respect.

Carl.

There should be a like button on here.
Well said, Sir..

I'm in tears...... God bless!

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1075 on: January 1, 2012, 09:56:49 pm »
RIP The Sky I Scrape, YNWA.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 1, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »
That is so, so sad.
RIP The Sky I Scrape, YNWA.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1077 on: January 1, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »
RIP The Sky I Scrape.

Forever in our hearts, tell the other 96 angels they are too.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1078 on: January 1, 2012, 10:09:14 pm »
SO sad to have to write this....I'm Vicky, Dans partner :)  Sadly he passed away on thursday night after battling so so hard these last few months.  He was with me and his parents and not in pain.  Absolutely heartbroken he was my Soul Mate, we split up for a masssive 2 days a couple of weeks ago but cancer did not win out thats one thing it can't touch.  He fought bitterly to the last minute, could barely talk or walk but he got up out of bed for a belated christmas thursday afternoon to give me and his family our christmas presents. Still being the sarcastic sod he was lol.   I got a kiss and and a little squeeze and he told me he loved me twice which was incredible given he could hardy breathe. 

He was the bravest person I have ever met an absolute inspiration to everyone who met him including my children who loved him to pieces, all his family and hundreds of friends are at a loss he was amazing and so funny and kind.

A little story last night I went to a party to celebrate new year with his sister and I dropped my phone on the floor unaware a little bit up the road.  We all had been given paper lanterns to light at midnight we only managed to get one bloody lantern up and it blew along the street for ages.  One of the little lads at the party chased it until it fell down again.  When he got to where it fell there he found a phone, picked it up and the lantern took off away again this time it went up and over the houses into the sky.  He came running back with it to Dans mum to see who lost it and she looked at the front as it has a pic of my kids on it and instantly knew it was mine.   Typical Danny looking after my scatty brain :)  ................I know he's in a good place now and although he was super angry that he had so much he wanted to do like get married next year he also lived more life than most in his short life..................

He absolutely loved this site was on it everyday always showing me stuff on here :)

I wish all of you the very very best for the New Year for anybody still fighting keep strong and for all thats lost to this demon of a disease you are brave brave strong folks nobody should have to go through that hell its so unfair!!!

One of Dans Gods - Bill Hicks
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.”

Goodnight the Sky I Scrape you are scraping it no longer my beautiful little star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry for your loss Vicky. Treasure the time you spent with Dan and treasure the fact that you were with him at the very end. That one fact has comforted me time and again long after my Mum died.

YNWA The Sky I Scrape....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1079 on: January 1, 2012, 10:28:49 pm »
Just spent five minutes arguing over the tv remote with the kids so I can watch motd2.

Just watching Sunderland v City and popped in here.

the kids are asking why I've got tears streaming...'it's only Sunderland Dad....'

Vicky, thank you for posting that, it must have been so difficult for you.   So sorry to hear the news, be brave, may God go with you.

Rest in Peace The Sky I Scrape.