Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 129850 times)

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #920 on: March 4, 2012, 06:47:32 pm »
I think people are also forgetting how important to our season the loss of Lucas was and is.  Having him in the lineup would have made a huge difference, and hopefully he'll come back next season ready to step back up to that level.

For me, it's not really possible to reduce it to chance conversion and say that if we replace Carroll with Player X (be it Cavani, Huntelaar, or whoever) our problems are solved.  We have a good back 4, with decent depth behind them.  We have a lot of central midfielders who we haven't entirely figured out how to play yet (4-3-3? 4-4-2? 4-2-3-1?), but if you bring Lucas back and look at Adam, Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing ... there's a decent amount of quality and depth there, to be honest.  It's when you get further forward that we're a player or two short.

Bring back Lucas, put Adam on the bench, and replace Kuyt with a top-class RWF and you have a very good team in a 4-2-3-1.  Replace Carroll or the middle of the "3" in that same lineup with another top-class player and you have a great team, in my opinion.  Sure, another top midfielder would be nice, but since this is the real world with real limitations on our spending ability, I'd rather have a Hazard/Moura-type at wide forward and as good a finisher at centre forward as we can find with whatever's left.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: March 4, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »
If we don't start challenging for honors I wonder how much pride will be left for players to fight for. You have to remember these players are human

What do you mean? There are a couple of advantages of having squad players being mostly British. One is that they are more likely to settle than foreigners, without longing for home after a couple of years. Secondly, British players rarely go abroad, so the amount of potential clubs they can move to if they actually want to leave against the club's wishes is significantly reduced.

Hence, these players are more likely to leave when the club feels they no longer need them. Being British, they are also more likely to command a higher price (although I'm not sure that applies when a big club looks to sell the player on).

Offline lillo83121

• Boys Pen
« Reply #922 on: March 4, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »
No thanks

Have enough squad players

would be a good cheap replacement if kuyt leaves tho :-[

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #923 on: March 4, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »
Anyone who thinks we are not a better team this season compared to last season is mistaken.  There have been several improvements.  We play better attacking football than we did, we control the ball better, we have a slimmer squad with less shite hanging around the fringes stopping young players coming through.  The club have made massive steps in not just getting rid of average overpaid players, but also making a squad that needs tweaks to improve while leaving room for young players to come through.  I prefer to watch us now than any time pre King Kenny last season or the season before.

This would not be a discussion if we finished our chances better and did not have a love affair with the woodwork.  We are a better team now than we have been in years, but we are in a transition period.  I'd rather grow slowly over the course of 3 years building a stable club with our old values. 
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #924 on: March 4, 2012, 06:55:45 pm »
would be a good cheap replacement if kuyt leaves tho :-[
Play Kuyt up front he will out score fletcher

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #925 on: March 4, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »
Yesterday was the tipping point for me - we desperately need someone to consistently put the ball in the back of the net. One would assume Dalglish and Comolli are going to address this problem, so the question is who are we going to sign to do this?

Don't think we can attract the 'elite' centre forwards like Cavani but we've got to try and sign someone from the level underneath.
In all honesty, I haven't seen a lot of Hunterlaar or Soldado, but they seem to have decent records and appear to be highly sought after.

Anyone have any idea what price bracket we're looking at for these two strikers?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #926 on: March 4, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »
Play Kuyt up front he will out score fletcher

... We've played him up front plenty this year. He hasn't.

Fletcher's just a good player to be honest. Limited, but he puts the ball away. Thing with players like Fletcher is that they look utter shit until it finally happens and they're banging in 20 a year. Falcao was one in 3 in Argentina, he's 3 in 4 in Europe. He doesn't actually look any good. He's clumsy as anything with the ball, but fuck me if he can't finish just about anything that drops in the box, and if he isn't the one that always knows where it's dropping first.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: March 4, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »
It's all about the rebuild.  The players added so far are a mixed bag, but looking at our performances we are outplaying most teams we come up against and are lacking a killer instinct.  A couple of decent signings in the summer and a full season under the belts of the new boys and hopefully we'll be cooking.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: March 4, 2012, 07:07:09 pm »
... We've played him up front plenty this year. He hasn't.

Fletcher's just a good player to be honest. Limited, but he puts the ball away. Thing with players like Fletcher is that they look utter shit until it finally happens and they're banging in 20 a year. Falcao was one in 3 in Argentina, he's 3 in 4 in Europe. He doesn't actually look any good. He's clumsy as anything with the ball, but fuck me if he can't finish just about anything that drops in the box, and if he isn't the one that always knows where it's dropping first.

You know what, i watched the leeds southampton match last night. Lambert scored, wasnt an insanely difficult finish but he took it well, powered it home on the volley, it struck me that i doubted whether any of our lads would of scored it. It was just a goal scored by somebody who knows how to put the ball away. Now i'm not saying buy ricky lambert, quite the opposite...just that we need a goal scorer, a real fucking goal scorer who knows how to put the ball away and gets into scoring positions naturally.

Offline lillo83121

• Boys Pen
« Reply #929 on: March 4, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »
Yesterday was the tipping point for me - we desperately need someone to consistently put the ball in the back of the net. One would assume Dalglish and Comolli are going to address this problem, so the question is who are we going to sign to do this?

Don't think we can attract the 'elite' centre forwards like Cavani but we've got to try and sign someone from the level underneath.
In all honesty, I haven't seen a lot of Hunterlaar or Soldado, but they seem to have decent records and appear to be highly sought after.

Anyone have any idea what price bracket we're looking at for these two strikers?
  doubt shalke would sell hunterlaar though with the form hes in:butt, One of soldado or giroud would surely be atainable though for 20mil max

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #930 on: March 4, 2012, 07:18:14 pm »
I don't get what Comolli is on about with these comments.

The fact of the matter is that our team needs another overhaul.  Last summer has proved, with the exception of Enrique and Bellamy, to be a failure.  Downing simply isn't going to get us to our help us advance as a CL team.  Adam shows flashes of brilliance but is derelict in his defensive responsibilities and is way too ponderous for a team trying to play pass-and-move.  Henderson has been anonymous 95% of his Liverpool career.  Maybe, maybe these three are an improvement on our bench from last year, but they are clearly a step backwards from our starting XI compared to last year.

Right now, right this second, we are way behind the top four.  We're no where near City or United or Tottenham, that's obvious.  But we're really not even that close to a poor Arsenal or Chelsea. 

Let's assume (and this isn't a guarantee at all without CL football next year) that Reina, Suarez, Agger, Skrtel, etc, all stay.  We need, at the very least:

--a new striker
--a new attacking midfielder
--two new wingers

We likely need another deep lying playmaker since Adam isn't cutting it thus far.  So we need four player for sure to challenge for anything.  We need about five or six if we want to be sure of competing.  That is clear right now, even if nothing changes.

And yet, what if Chelsea, Arsenal, and everyone else add to their squads?  I think that's a relative certainty.  Arsenal are being linked with a lot of top players and will apparently be getting a huge injection of cash.  Chelsea will be certain to follow suit as Abramovich doesn't want to be out of CL for too long. 

So what Comolli is saying is that even if we don't get CL, and even if the other teams above us improve, we only need 1 or 2 "adjustments" in the summer?

is this a joke?

what kind of message exactly does that send to the CL type players we need?  every other team above us (including Newcastle FFS) are showing the need and desire to add players---why?  because they want to win, and they know everyone around us is improving.  So a big name player sees us in 7th and sees our football which is not exactly the most attractive in the world, and then hears from our hierarchy that we only need a couple of "adjustments." 

Yea, I'm sure they'll just be lining up for that "project."

Offline lillo83121

• Boys Pen
« Reply #931 on: March 4, 2012, 07:27:31 pm »
[quo

every other team above us (including Newcastle FFS) are showing the need and desire to add players---why?  because they want to win, and they know everyone around us is improving.  So a big name player sees us in 7th and sees our football which is not exactly the most attractive in the world, and then hears from our hierarchy that we only need a couple of "adjustments." 

[/quote]  totally agree with this , we need to hit the nail on the head in terms of transfers this summer or else its going to be an uphill battle competing for champions league with arse and Chelsea strengthning this summer

Offline TheRussianBiscuit

• custardcreamski
  • Main Stander
  • Hey hey hey its the biscuit in the house!
« Reply #932 on: March 4, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
Fletcher-pffft another squad player on Adam's level would be a massive disappointment if we got him. Would rather take a risk on a foreign player with a lil flair. The sort of thing Comolli is supposed to be finding...........
"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: March 4, 2012, 07:31:04 pm »
I don't get what Comolli is on about with these comments.

The fact of the matter is that our team needs another overhaul.  Last summer has proved, with the exception of Enrique and Bellamy, to be a failure.  Downing simply isn't going to get us to our help us advance as a CL team.  Adam shows flashes of brilliance but is derelict in his defensive responsibilities and is way too ponderous for a team trying to play pass-and-move.  Henderson has been anonymous 95% of his Liverpool career.  Maybe, maybe these three are an improvement on our bench from last year, but they are clearly a step backwards from our starting XI compared to last year.

Right now, right this second, we are way behind the top four.  We're no where near City or United or Tottenham, that's obvious.  But we're really not even that close to a poor Arsenal or Chelsea. 

Let's assume (and this isn't a guarantee at all without CL football next year) that Reina, Suarez, Agger, Skrtel, etc, all stay.  We need, at the very least:

--a new striker
--a new attacking midfielder
--two new wingers

We likely need another deep lying playmaker since Adam isn't cutting it thus far.  So we need four player for sure to challenge for anything.  We need about five or six if we want to be sure of competing.  That is clear right now, even if nothing changes.

And yet, what if Chelsea, Arsenal, and everyone else add to their squads?  I think that's a relative certainty.  Arsenal are being linked with a lot of top players and will apparently be getting a huge injection of cash.  Chelsea will be certain to follow suit as Abramovich doesn't want to be out of CL for too long. 

So what Comolli is saying is that even if we don't get CL, and even if the other teams above us improve, we only need 1 or 2 "adjustments" in the summer?

is this a joke?

what kind of message exactly does that send to the CL type players we need?  every other team above us (including Newcastle FFS) are showing the need and desire to add players---why?  because they want to win, and they know everyone around us is improving.  So a big name player sees us in 7th and sees our football which is not exactly the most attractive in the world, and then hears from our hierarchy that we only need a couple of "adjustments." 

I really hate this post. Just endless criticism, typically after we lose a game that we probably deserved to win. He's shit. They're shit. Blah blah.

If Kelly had put away that chance at the end of the Arsenal game and Van Persie had not scored that goal in injury time, I bet you wouldn't have posted this. Sorry pal because you're new on here and I don't mean to slaughter you, but you are so knee jerk it's untrue.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 4, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »
There has been improvement. The only area we have truly regressed is when it comes down to finishing. Obviously goals decide results but I do think that had we been a bit more lucky/clinical in front of goal the progress would be more apparent.

When we've played the right system we have shown we do create enough chances to beat anyone. Our main problem this year has been our lack of composure in front of goal. Apart from that I'd say we've improved quite a bit over last year.
Last year I remember midfielders going forward and trying to score. This year we are lucky if there's one player in the box.
People think we 'dominated' games this season, but that's not exactly true. The first half against Arsenal, sure, we only needed better finishing. But there also have been many matches where we appeared to have no idea how to attack, and just passed the ball around a bit and crossed a lot to no one. Finishing is the biggest problem now, but it's not the only one. There have been times where the whole team seem to forget how to attack.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #935 on: March 4, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »
would anyone else on here take stephen fletcher from wolves in addition to another striker since id imagine hed be available for 6-7million should wolves be relegated

Wouldn't mind Fletcher. He would be a good third forward, who has shown he can score goals with limited support. Like Carroll, he wouldn't be the most glamourous or aesthetically pleasing for some, but this is a results based business and there are no points for style. Awkward though he may be, he's shown himself to be pretty effective.

Offline aurelian

• Kopite
« Reply #936 on: March 4, 2012, 07:40:36 pm »
I really hate this post. Just endless criticism, typically after we lose a game that we probably deserved to win. He's shit. They're shit. Blah blah.

If Kelly had put away that chance at the end of the Arsenal game and Van Persie had not scored that goal in injury time, I bet you wouldn't have posted this. Sorry pal because you're new on here and I don't mean to slaughter you, but you are so knee jerk it's untrue.

no worries, mate, but it's exactly the opposite of what you think.  In fact, yesterday I thought Downing wasn't too bad, and I thought Henderson was a step up from his normal performances.  If it were kneejerk I would say that everything is looking rosy because they're finally coming around.  But the fact is that 2 or 3 good performances from either of them isn't good enough compared to the other 30 or so they've put in.  I'm talking about the entire season thus far.  A good performance or two sprinkled amongst shite doesn't cut it.  We need players that can be class consistently.   

• custardcreamski
  • Main Stander
« Reply #937 on: March 4, 2012, 07:46:40 pm »
Wouldn't mind Fletcher. He would be a good third forward, who has shown he can score goals with limited support. Like Carroll, he wouldn't be the most glamourous or aesthetically pleasing for some, but this is a results based business and there are no points for style. Awkward though he may be, he's shown himself to be pretty effective.

Odemwingie...Yakubu...Davies... i could go on an on about players that are effective but they just aren't for us our third striker slot should be for a youngster of some sort not necessarily from the academy or ressies but an up and coming star with potential not guys who have long reached their ceiling. 
"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches"

Offline lillo83121

• Boys Pen
« Reply #938 on: March 4, 2012, 07:50:23 pm »
not signing any strikers in january was unforgivable though, even a half decent one like fletcher or D.texeira might have made the difference between fourth and where we are now  :no

Offline G-mania

• Kemlynite
  • Loves Fred
« Reply #939 on: March 4, 2012, 07:51:23 pm »
That Pogrebnyak looks mint for Fulham, we're missing out on players like that. The Bundesliga is where it's at, that's where Demba Ba came from as well.

Instead we choose to spend about 10 times more on average players because they're British. Depressing.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #940 on: March 4, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »
Odemwingie...Yakubu...Davies... i could go on an on about players that are effective but they just aren't for us our third striker slot should be for a youngster of some sort not necessarily from the academy or ressies but an up and coming star with potential not guys who have long reached their ceiling. 

All of those players are in their 30s. Fletcher is 24 (looks twice that but still) and has a pretty decent record at Wolves (20 in 49) with a considerable lack of service. We need someone who can simply stick the ball in the back of the net. He'd be a good third option. A youngster should take the 4th spot, not necessarily the 3rd.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #941 on: March 4, 2012, 07:55:54 pm »
He says "some" and "a few" though, not "one or two". I'll take that as "three".

How about;

IN
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - contract 2013
Marko Marin - contract 2013
Lars Bender - contract 2014

Avg age 25 at the start of next season

OUT
Cole - contract 2014
Aquilani - contract 2014
Pacheco - contract (2013?)
Maxi - contract 2013
Kuyt - contract 2013

Avg age 28.4 at the start of next season

Could cost £20-25m net and shorten our wage bill by £4-5m a year.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: March 4, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »
If we'd signed Pogrebnyak from Stuttgart this place would be up in arms.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #943 on: March 4, 2012, 08:04:05 pm »

Thank you for a brief respite of common sense in this otherwise comical thread.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: March 4, 2012, 08:05:57 pm »
Summer is going to be very interesting after last years fuck up. You'd hope they've learnt and we can get it right. Its frustrating at the moment but I think there's a half decent side in there with 2/3 additions. If its more British/Prem proven John Henry might aswell keep his chequebook in his pocket though but I know some fans like to downplay us but there's good players (Suarez, vidal, falcao etc) out there who will come to a non CL team. It's tough but there out there we just need to be pro active.

• custardcreamski
  • Main Stander
« Reply #945 on: March 4, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »
All of those players are in their 30s. Fletcher is 24 (looks twice that but still) and has a pretty decent record at Wolves (20 in 49) with a considerable lack of service. We need someone who can simply stick the ball in the back of the net. He'd be a good third option. A youngster should take the 4th spot, not necessarily the 3rd.

I assumed he was older round 26 he does look bloody old anyway. Perhaps he would have been good last January instead of Carroll but we don't have room for a 6-7m third striker imo. We need to get a top notch striker and Carroll will unfortunately be relegated to third spot (depending on what and where you class Kuyt and Bellamy.) Fletcher has a decent record granted but i think you'd agree with me in admitting that the "gut feeling" is he'd end up the same as the rest.

Offline -JCS-

• Boys Pen
  • YNWA
« Reply #946 on: March 4, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »
no worries, mate, but it's exactly the opposite of what you think.  In fact, yesterday I thought Downing wasn't too bad, and I thought Henderson was a step up from his normal performances.  If it were kneejerk I would say that everything is looking rosy because they're finally coming around.  But the fact is that 2 or 3 good performances from either of them isn't good enough compared to the other 30 or so they've put in.  I'm talking about the entire season thus far.  A good performance or two sprinkled amongst shite doesn't cut it.  We need players that can be class consistently.

Well obviously...

Henderson is still very young. Give him time. Look at what happened to Lucas. Downing is starting to come around a little as well.

Offline Inverse

• Main Stander
  • Don't ever let them walk alone
« Reply #947 on: March 4, 2012, 08:17:36 pm »

We're only need to give more trust on young players, then giving more trust on old players, sadly to seen Adam instead of shelvey and Jamie instead of coates
God please protect our kids from Damned devils temptation

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: March 4, 2012, 08:20:51 pm »

I imagine if we signed anyone who scored 5 goals in his first 3 prem games, we'd be more than welcoming towards him!  ;)

Offline lillo83121

• Boys Pen
« Reply #949 on: March 4, 2012, 08:21:08 pm »
this would be ideal in my opinon, although probably never happen with the current transfer methods

buy

giroud
eriksen/kagawa
and a young winger someone like munian or james rodriguez

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: March 4, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »
The amount of money the club is willing to invest is seemingly becoming irrelevant, as proven by either Rafa breaking even or us investing the best part of £40m last summer.

We need quality footballers, from the game yesterday what was evident was the inability to put the ball in the back of the net, i've gone beyond accepting this is just bad luck... there have been too many instances for this to be purely bad luck, what we are lacking is some quality in key positions. It is this quality in ability we need to acquire in the summer whether that amounts to £40m worth of investment or breaking even i couldn't careless, however the requirement and brief remains.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #951 on: March 4, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »
That Pogrebnyak looks mint for Fulham, we're missing out on players like that. The Bundesliga is where it's at, that's where Demba Ba came from as well.

Instead we choose to spend about 10 times more on average players because they're British. Depressing.
There were a good few shouts about the guy when Arsenal and Spurs bought Arshavin and Pavyluchenko respectively, with the suggestion he was better than either of them when faced with the goal, and a bright start seems to suggest that.

And whilst we're on the subject of strikers, given the shrewd success we've had bringing Bellamy back (older but more intelligent too), I still think it was remiss of the club not to have had a closer look at doing the same for Cisse in January - QPR got him for under £4m, a steal if his goals help them avoid relegation.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

« Reply #952 on: March 4, 2012, 08:35:38 pm »
No thanks

Have enough squad players

Agree with this.

I guess when you look at things we did have a good chance to get into the top 4 this season and even if we don't there are still alot more positives and you'd expect the management has identified what is needed and also the mistakes made in the last transfer window.

With a bit more spending on a quality goalscorer I feel our results will be much better but we still need more than just a goal scorer but than would improve us alot atm.

Onward and Upwards
YNWA

« Reply #953 on: March 4, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »
What do you mean? There are a couple of advantages of having squad players being mostly British. One is that they are more likely to settle than foreigners, without longing for home after a couple of years. Secondly, British players rarely go abroad, so the amount of potential clubs they can move to if they actually want to leave against the club's wishes is significantly reduced.

Hence, these players are more likely to leave when the club feels they no longer need them. Being British, they are also more likely to command a higher price (although I'm not sure that applies when a big club looks to sell the player on).
They also cost alot more and are harder to sell if they flop

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #954 on: March 4, 2012, 08:44:37 pm »

I try not to think like this, but it does seem the case. The management clearly wanted British players, probably to create a foundation; a foundation of a plan that will take many years but will pay off. I have faith in Kenny, Ayre, Comolli and Henry that this will pay off.
Germany is a country that at the moment has a lot of bargains to be had. The German nation themselves are producing a lot of quality and we should be looking to invest in that, certainly.
The problem at the current moment is that it's frustrating. We payed a lot of cash last year for players that aren't proving worthy of the price tags we lumped on them. I'm not here to blow trumpets, but I do back Kenny. Next summer and the one after, I think it's more likely we'll see some foreign and more talented purchases, possibly spearheaded by Damien.
For now, let Kenny form his foundation. It will be strong. The British players will attract the next wave of British talent. Henderson, Shelvey, Carroll, Wisdom, Sterling. These are British players that will play a big role in our future; they will help attract the best of the British.
Downing and Bellamy are two good British players too that help give us a more domestic approach. All the transfers had a purpose, for more than just there footballing abilities.
The foundation is almost complete, then comes the beautiful toppings.

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #955 on: March 4, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »
Get shot of Carroll and Adam, get a world class midfielder and......... bring Torres home. 

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: March 4, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
Get shot of Carroll and Adam, get a world class midfielder and......... bring Torres home. 

True that. After this season what I really want is a year where we create plenty and our strikers waste those chances. It'll be a welcome change, y'know? All the better if they can sulk whilst doing it.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #957 on: March 4, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »
Shouldn't we be looking at the reserves? Players like Sturridge and Welbeck seemingly appear from nowhere, why can't we have our own? At least give a couple of them a try.

Ecclestone, Suso, Pacheco, etc etc, what's happened with all of them?!

Offline welsh_redman

• Main Stander
« Reply #958 on: March 4, 2012, 08:51:49 pm »
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, there's some ridiculous statements flying about...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #959 on: March 4, 2012, 08:52:41 pm »

Enough about Torres already... Just forget about him. He had just about everything he needed playing for us and he blew it. He's finished as a top class striker anyway.