Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 80475 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #240 on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:23 am »
Personally hope England batter the Dutch tonight so there is a massive wankathon to get Pearce the job on a fulltime basis.

Failing that, I hope the FA listen to Charlie Nicholas and give the job to Roy Hodgson.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #241 on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:31 am »
I don't really support anyone in International football. England are a team full of pricks and the FA and the English press are a fucking disgrace, so I find it hilarious when they fail.

In general, I like the teams that play good football, so recently the likes of Germany and Spain. I also like Uruguay because of Luis, and because it seems like a boss country.

Again another good shout. If I 'supported' anyone in International Football then it would teams that happened to have Liverpool FC players in.

Club is way more important than International Football teams could ever be.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:56 am »
Have Netherlands to win as part of my coupon, don't disappoint me you crazy dutch bastards.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #243 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:29 am »
Brave Scotty Parker is England captain. Bit of a joke really
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: February 29, 2012, 11:22:29 am »

He's a good choice. Gerrard would have been more deserving IMO, but this is for one match - nothing to say the new permanent boss won't have his own thoughts.

Think Gerrard might perform better for England without the burden of the captaincy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #245 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

:lmao

He's a young and upcoming talent. Gerrard should just walk away now I think.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:34 am »
He's a good choice. Gerrard would have been more deserving IMO, but this is for one match - nothing to say the new permanent boss won't have his own thoughts.

Think Gerrard might perform better for England without the burden of the captaincy.
Think Gerrard thrives on being captain to be honest

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:51 am »

The media wankathon is going to be unbearable.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: February 29, 2012, 11:28:19 am »

Gerrard should just walk away now I think.

Gerrard should walk away because he's not going to be captain? Who cares, really?

He'll probably retire after the Euros, but let the man have one last tournament.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #249 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:10 am »
Oh god, this is going to be excruciating to watch them fawning over him.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:36 am »
Pearce is a buffoon.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:24 am »
Though tbf, it's probably a lot to do with Gerrard not starting tomorrow. He did play 120 minutes only a few days ago.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #252 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:37 am »
Gerrard should walk away because he's not going to be captain? Who cares, really?

He'll probably retire after the Euros, but let the man have one last tournament.

He should walk away because

a) England FC are bellends
b) The FA are bellends
c) The media are bellends
d) The Engerlund fans are bellends
e) He should save himself for LFC and have the summer off to come back fighting fresh and raring to go

Personally I think if he plays in Euro 2012 then he'll come back injured and will play less than half a season for us again. He's got a massive chance here to end his career on a high and the length of that career is up to him. If he plays for England - you can knock 2 maybe three seasons off.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:00 am »

They'll be wanking over themselves as they've been calling for it for a while and Pearce seems to have made his squad selection and now captain on what they say. He's not the worst choice IMO but not the best either. Like you say though, there'll be a huge celebration tonight. All hail Super Scott Parker!

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:28 am »

It's just a bit of a slap in the face for Gerrard really. I would understand if they'd given it to say, Joe Hart, someone who's going to be around the England set up for a long time, but Parker's the same age as Gerrard.

What has Parker done to make him a more viable candidate than Gerrard, a man who has captained teams at the highest level for years?

(Not that any of this actually matters, but I wouldn't be too happy if I were Stevie.)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:44 am »
Stevie should retire from England, he was treated like shit all those years while being their savior countless times. Fuck England off Gerrard, you deserve better.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #256 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:55 am »

It's the media wanking tirelessly about Parker that's got him the armband in the first place.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:46 am »
Hahahahahaha.  Give even less of a shit about London FC now
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:20 am »

England is beyond parody.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:06 am »
It's the media wanking tirelessly about Parker that's got him the armband in the first place.

It's going to ratchet up another level now though.

BRAVE ENGLAND'S LION AND CAPTAIN SCOTTY SCOTTY SCOTT PARKER THE BRAVEST MAN WHO'S EVER LIVED

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:04 am »
:lmao

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #261 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:17 am »
Gotta say I feel for Stevie. This is a major slap in the face.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:03 am »
Is "England's Brave Scott Parker" the new "England's Brave John Terry"?  You know, something the media will repeat so often you start to forget that it's not their actual name?
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:48 am »
Is "England's Brave Scott Parker" the new "England's Brave John Terry"?  You know, something the media will repeat so often you start to forget that it's not their actual name?

What about brave Phil Jones ?

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:58 am »
Oh, and Parker will get found out big time in the Euros. Because whenever I've watched him up against a genuine quality player "in between the lines" (RVP, Gerrard, Silva), he's been schooled.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #265 on: February 29, 2012, 11:40:36 am »
hahahahahahaha
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:11 am »
Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel
I respect Parker as a player, good midfielder .. But we are talkin about Steve G here..

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:15 am »
Retire from national duty after the Euros Stevie, it isn't worth it now.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:54 am »
He should walk away because

a) England FC are bellends
b) The FA are bellends
c) The media are bellends
d) The Engerlund fans are bellends
e) He should save himself for LFC and have the summer off to come back fighting fresh and raring to go

Maybe, and I'm just guessing, Gerrard loves playing for his country? He's not going to walk away three months before his last major tournament.

Like I said, I'd have picked Gerrard for captain. But some people prefer their captains to play in more traditional positions - central defence or central midfield. Gerrard will be playing further forward for England. It's not an argument I agree with, but I've heard plenty people make it.

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:03 am »
Another reason not to watch In-ger-land games.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:49 am »
Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel
I respect Parker as a player, good midfielder .. But we are talkin about Steve G here..

Babel's brilliant. Love the our ex-Reds still say pay attention to things that effect us.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 29, 2012, 11:46:31 am »
Seems to me that your whole national team is more less ran by the newspapers and what they want. Why do they continue to wonder how they've failed again and again after every tournament?
There's the mirror, write something about what you see in it.

Offline Gene

• Severe Tropical Cyclone (RSMC Nadi designation:12F JTWC designation:15P)
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:25 am »
What has Parker done to make him a more viable candidate than Gerrard, a man who has captained teams at the highest level for years?

He's just gone out and become the media darling. I echo the posters who say give it to Hart or someone like that, but to choose Parker over Gerrard is quizzical at best. Gerrard has been captain for club and country, and I assume this is only because as others have said, Gerrard doesn't start against the Oranje.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:52 am »
It could be that Pearce knows he's going to pick Gerrard for the Euros and looking to give someone like Parker the captaincy for the two years up to the World Cup because Gerrard's retiring after this tournament, then Hart will take over post-WC.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:48 am »
Hopefully this means Gerrard isnt starting tonight
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #275 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:08 am »
I'm a firm believer that in order to be national captain you should have to be Captain of your club. Shows you've got the credentials and motivational ability to do it

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:20 am »
Though tbf, it's probably a lot to do with Gerrard not starting tomorrow. He did play 120 minutes only a few days ago.

I hope that is the case. The armband is only a slap in the face if Gerrard starts tonight but dear lord, the media is going to be excruciating in it's praise for the choice of Parker.

They'll be wanking over themselves as they've been calling for it for a while and Pearce seems to have made his squad selection and now captain on what they say. He's not the worst choice IMO but not the best either. Like you say though, there'll be a huge celebration tonight. All hail Super Scott Parker!

Then why is Frazier Campbell, among a few others, in the squad? Barry, Walcott and Downing are hardly media favourites right now, unlike say Oxlade-Chamberlin. Personally thought a lot of the media wanted Hart to get the armband as well.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:23 am »
It could be that Pearce knows he's going to pick Gerrard for the Euros and looking to give someone like Parker the captaincy for the two years up to the World Cup because Gerrard's retiring after this tournament, then Hart will take over post-WC.

Bit Machiavellian that, seeing as Pearce will be lucky to last until the euros, whereupon you can guarantee he'll be shit and get sacked, thus leading to another search for another manager who'll want another captain and the whole ultra tedious circus will start again.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:43 am »
Brave Scotty Parker will lead Ingurland in to battle tonight.

God bless him.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #279 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:18 am »

Then why is Frazier Campbell, among a few others, in the squad? Barry, Walcott and Downing are hardly media favourites right now, unlike say Oxlade-Chamberlin. Personally thought a lot of the media wanted Hart to get the armband as well.

I'm sure I heard that Oxlade-Chamberlin was going to be included in the U21 squad as they've got an important qualifier this evening.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!