Author Topic: Rawk Preview: Aston Villa v Liverpool, Saturday 24th August  (Read 65259 times)

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rawk Preview: Aston Villa v Liverpool, Saturday 24th August
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2013, 12:02:03 am »
Yet they lost to a pretty one dimensional Chelsea team. In case you forgot we have Lucas, Gerrard, Agger and Toure

It's Lucas I worry about in this one mate.

Come on Lucas lad !

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2013, 12:10:13 am »
Think Touré will show what a shrewd bit of business getting him in was on Saturday.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Ronster

• A Real Man who doesn't like Girlies
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:41 am »
Benteke - what a monster!  This guy is definitely worth 35 million.  Guaranteed menace around the box, great with his feet and head and does the play-acting as well.  A total package for a guy who is 22-years-old.    Come on Ayre, do your job and unsettle this chap with a bid on Friday!

Pure shithouse. This is why people in trenches, like you, shouldn't have whistles. They've done well to stave off bids for Bentake and we should show some solidarity with teams like Villa and Newcastle. Like us they're trying to keep up in damn near impossible financial circumstances.
'When circumstances can not be changed attitude is everything'

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:57 am »
I like our chances. We are quicker on the pass then Chelsea, and in all honesty Villa have a thin squad so a third game in a week against top opposition will be too much on them. Also Benteke is a large lad so expect him to be extra tired.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2013, 02:24:36 am »
Fuck me, villa are a bunch of dirty c*nts. Stoke and the villa first two up, if we come away with 6 points from that, then utd will get done and all.

Come on Liverpool!

Pass these fuckers off the park.

I thought Chelsea were worse to be honest, that twat Ivanovic should have been sent off on at least two seperate occasions. Other than Benteke they don't strike me as an overly physical team, so that's at least one aspect that we can cope with without a problem.

Offline Ghostface

• Main Stander
  • Gnasher Suarez's Breakfast
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2013, 04:30:10 am »
Pure shithouse. This is why people in trenches, like you, shouldn't have whistles. They've done well to stave off bids for Bentake and we should show some solidarity with teams like Villa and Newcastle. Like us they're trying to keep up in damn near impossible financial circumstances.

Benteke's signed a new deal anyway, he has to at least play another season with Villa.

Offline Ghostface

• Main Stander
  • Gnasher Suarez's Breakfast
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2013, 04:34:46 am »
Yet they lost to a pretty one dimensional Chelsea team. In case you forgot we have Lucas, Gerrard, Agger and Toure

They were shite against Villa but Chelsea especially first half against Hull debunks the one dimensional theory.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2013, 06:40:04 am »
No reason we can't beat them, with Coutinho, Sturbridge and Aspas we will carve them open. We just need to take our chances when they come and we'll walk away with 3 points.
Surely that's what Mourinho's "aggressive Chelsea" must have thought but escaped narrowly with the 3 pts at the Bridge (and with luck from an own goal). And Chelsea are far better in taking their chances than us. To win, and win away, we really need to be absolutely clinical. I hope Sturridge is even fitter and bags a few  of the many chances we will undoubtedly have.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2013, 07:27:16 am »
Being fresh means nothing it certainly does not guarantee a result for us.

Yup. Still remember people here being happy when we went out of Europe previously saying 'now we can concentrate on the league'. It does not always means that we will perform better.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:54:25 am by Suaroll »
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2013, 07:59:23 am »
I thought Chelsea were worse to be honest, that twat Ivanovic should have been sent off on at least two seperate occasions. Other than Benteke they don't strike me as an overly physical team, so that's at least one aspect that we can cope with without a problem.

We couldn't cope last season at Anfield or at Villa Park... they are still pretty much the same side barring the odd addition. This will be a very tough match. They would have picked up more confidence even after defeat at Chelsea. Given their first 3 fixtures, their fans would be delighted with 4 points and over the moon with 6.

We have to be on top of our game and not underestimate them or think of them as a one man team... Agbonlahor has started off in fantastic form and can hurt us with his pace... Wiemann is tricky and knows where the back of the net is... In many ways this is a bigger test then Stoke on day 1.
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2013, 08:38:50 am »
Great OP – “Hear me now”!

Agbonlahor, Benteke and Weimann will be tough to keep quiet – we’ll have to be on the top of our game… I’m very glad they have had the extra match. Expect to see the exact same team as against Stoke. 0-2 Sturridge and Hannah.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2013, 08:46:52 am »
Great OP – “Hear me now”!

Agbonlahor, Benteke and Weimann will be tough to keep quiet – we’ll have to be on the top of our game… I’m very glad they have had the extra match. Expect to see the exact same team as against Stoke. 0-2 Sturridge and Hannah.

:o
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2013, 08:59:25 am »
Midfield could be a problem for us. Al Amahdy is looking outstanding for the and Delph not to far behind.They have the pace and consequently the power to out tackle us in there and the work rate throughout the team is exceptional.
I agree Henderson should start and also share the concerns that Lucas lack of pace could be a problem.
They were cheated last night and will certainly be up for a battle. They know we are the more skilful team so will obviously be out to stop us playing. Hope we have a strong ref.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2013, 08:59:59 am »
I can't wait for this game, it will truly test if we have become a better side. I'd go with the same line up as Stoke and bring on Borini at the 60th mark or so.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:55 am »
Midfield could be a problem for us. Al Amahdy is looking outstanding for the and Delph not to far behind.They have the pace and consequently the power to out tackle us in there and the work rate throughout the team is exceptional.
I agree Henderson should start and also share the concerns that Lucas lack of pace could be a problem.
They were cheated last night and will certainly be up for a battle. They know we are the more skilful team so will obviously be out to stop us playing. Hope we have a strong ref.

Mark Clattenburg.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2013, 09:08:20 am »
cant fuckin stand Gabby - hands behind the ears, clap the ref for sending players off - Agbonlahor....hope Gerrard clatters the jut-jawed twat 5 mins in
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2013, 09:10:11 am »
Mark Clattenburg.

Shithouse, easily affected by the home crowd. Villa will get many decisions for, while we against.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:47 am »
Villa has showed some great football in the start of the season and its not gonna be easy, but hope for the 3 points

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2013, 09:41:30 am »
Had a dream we beat them 1 - 0 last night. My dreams have never been wrong before - it's the first one I ever had.

Aspas scored the goal, me with the assist. Get in!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2013, 09:44:45 am »
some very confident fans on here! I think this is going to be extremely difficult. Id be delighted with a win, got a feeling it may be a score draw.A very tough fixture
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2013, 10:17:51 am »
Even though they probably have the players to get around the sides of us I'd be tempted to go 3-5-2 for this one at least for an hour. It should allow us to still play the high line and take the pressure off Lucas in transition when they counter. I'd like to think the extra body would go some way to nullifying the threat from the straight ball to Benteke, and also give Mignolet an extra option to pass to should he still feel a little nervous with the ball at his feet with pressure on his decision.  Should maybe take the pressure off Johnson on the counter too and I'd be confident Enrique could handle the up and down nature of his role also.

Also it would allow Coutinho license to roam at the tip of the midfield but the major drawback being I would probably leave Henderson out until reverting back to our standard system on the hour. I find he (Henderson) is one of the main standard bearers when we press well so I realise it is tough to leave his energy out.  I think a front two of Sturridge and Aspas would have enough movement to cause all sorts of problems and we'd also have the flexibility in attack to go 3-4-3 on the counter.

Mignolet - Johnson - Kolo - Agger - Wisdom/Skrtel - Enrique - Lucas - Gerrard - Coutinho - Aspas - Sturridge

Then again, we're coming off a decent first win and performance and everyone probably deserves to keep their shirt.  I'm just a little worried about Villa as I rate Lambert quite highly and these were exactly the sort of smash and grab merchants we struggled against early last season. 3-5-2 done properly might give us the platform for later in the game when our pacy kids come off the bench. 

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2013, 10:19:31 am »
Gonna be a tough game, Toure needs to do a job on Benteke and i'm quitely confident he can. He's a big bastard but i reckon our Kolo is up for it.

Same team as stoke i reckon.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2013, 10:25:01 am »
I expect the players to show the right attitude in order to win this game with everything they got.

Please no more half arsed performance like there were ones last season. Johnson, Enrique and whoever is on the pitch should be aware that EVERY game is like a final at the moment without european football.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:45:17 am by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline edmundljs

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird upon my chest, JUSTICE!!!
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2013, 10:25:19 am »
scared shit of benteke,scared shit of villa,scared shit of spurs,scared shit of levy,scared shit of god knows what else,,,

when did all this happen

This coming from planet terror... :P

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2013, 10:44:00 am »
Ive just read a Villa fan thinks they can come top 6 this season. He will very serious aswell.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2013, 10:45:40 am »
I think we'll do these 2-0 Kolo to keep Benteke quiet
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2013, 10:46:09 am »
The majestic Redmen will have too much for puny Villa. Expect the weak willed Villans to cower before the dashing feet of the little wizard Coutinho, as Agger drinks the blood of that pointless rabbit Weimann. Agbonlahor? What kind of pussy lets people call a man Gabby. He is no match for the raw macho that is Johnson. Their champion of champions, capo di tutti capi, Benteke, is a mere speck of African imported Belgique dust beneath the fat boot of Kolo.

Confidence - For When Reality Can Wait.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2013, 11:00:37 am »
They look excellent on the break but we will be a different proposition to both Arsenal and Chelsea, especially at Villa Park where there is more impetus on them to play football. I think their defence is no great shakes and if we can get our front 3 or 4 busy and amongst them, we will cause problems. It's the other end of the pitch I worry about. Our weakness still seems to be balls into the box and set pieces, and although Kolo should improve matters, this Benteke guy looks like an absolute monster at the minute. Even if Villa are struggling it looks like he can get a goal out of anything.

Offline liverpooldas

• Kemlynite
  • Make us dream
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:29 am »
Villa look decent on the counter-attack and could score a couple if we throw to many players up when we attack. However, I feel if we take our chances when we get them we will still win. I'm going for a 3-2 win. Sturridge x2, gerrard and benteke x2 for villa.
JFT96

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:49 am »
Ive just read a Villa fan thinks they can come top 6 this season. He will very serious aswell.

They're the same level as we are don't you know ;D
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
Will be a nervy game this methinks, we'll dominate posession but they'll have chances on the break. Hopefully Agger, and more concerningly for me Johnson (who I think may get an arse raping from Agbonlahor) must be on their A game.

Not concerned about things at the other end, think with Sturridge, Coutinho and Aspas, we'll definitely get 1 or 2 goals.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2013, 11:13:49 am »

Not surprising they're on the same level as Newcastle fans when it comes to delusion. Utter cretins the lot of them.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2013, 11:32:51 am »

The funny thing is I watched the Arsenal v Villa game with a pub full of Villa fans and when Giroud scored they were all moaning saying 'here we go again' 'another season of relegation trouble' etc. By the end they were dancing about like they'd won the FA Cup singing 'we want champions league' and I over heard one person say we'll 100% beat Liverpool because we've just beaten Arsenal and Arsenal finished above Liverpool last year!!

Yeah mate because thats how football works you complete moron! :butt :butt

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2013, 11:36:27 am »
I think getting the first goal will be key in this game. 2-1 either way, and we are favourites, and what we did to Stoke we can do there, home of a fake kop end.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online U can call me Cookie

• Chocolate chip on my shoulder. Let's get ready to crumble!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:37 am »
The last two Villa matches may have played into our hands a little bit.
For years now, we've ended up switching off against teams we thought we could beat easily.
I'm sure the team, this time, is under no illusions that this weekend is going to be an easy ride.
They're going to be up for it.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:36 pm »
Some people are overestimating our team and underestimating Villa. Will be very difficult to get a result, tonight they impressed me yet again. Very decent team that.
Look Villa's good, but so are we. Like any other team, they are good in some departments while not so good at others.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Even though we don't like saying it- WE ARE expected to beat them and we can.

Last seaosn they really did a number on us and Chelsea(IIRC?)- both 3-1 wins after some frantic, extremely well executed counter-attacking, and they did it to Arsenal as well.
We would've learned our lesson there, I'm sure. Don't fanny around with those cocksuckers, they'll bite you in the ass- get in there, be focussed and get the goods.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:25:12 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:23 pm »
Can we go three at the back to cope with Benteke? Watching Chelsea he isolated Ivanovic and fought him to win the long passes and Ivanovic was playing right back.

---------------Mignolet---------
------Wisdom---Toure---Agger
Johnson---------------------------Enrique
-----------Gerrard---Lucas-------------
------------------------Coutinho----------------
--------Aspas-----------------------------------
------------------Sturridge---------------------

Though it will probably be the same line-up as against Stoke
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »
Think we need to be careful of their counter attack,couple of times during the stoke match they had a couple of chances when we were scrambling to get back.And also have Gerrard pushed further forward while Henderson & Lucas  hold the midfield.Also have a feeling either Sterling or Borini might start.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »
Can we go three at the back to cope with Benteke? Watching Chelsea he isolated Ivanovic and fought him to win the long passes and Ivanovic was playing right back.

---------------Mignolet---------
------Wisdom---Toure---Agger
Johnson---------------------------Enrique
-----------Gerrard---Lucas-------------
------------------------Coutinho----------------
--------Aspas-----------------------------------
------------------Sturridge---------------------

Though it will probably be the same line-up as against Stoke
The thing is it's the supply to the big man that's the problem. As I said a few days ago, I've always seen Andy as the damage dealer there. Agbonlahor... hmmm ...meh... not so much. Johnson can manage him.

Still- if we keep our eyes on those 2 guys by closing the angles, hunting them down in packs(track Weimann and Agbonlahor when Benteke's got the ball or any of their midfielders), keep our eye on the 2 wide man when they pass it long for Benteke- from deep, keep the ball well and just pass, pass, pass they'll be "stifled". Just play our normal game.

If you look at Villa's game up-front, it's the one-two's between Benteke and his wide men- that causes the problems. Benteke on his own is managable- it's the pass from midfield or from wide to Benteke that's the problem and usually Benteke's little pass to a Agbonlahor/Andy that's rushing past the fullback and the final lay-off to Benetke that does the damage. If we keep our eyes on those 2, Mignolet and Kolo should be able to handle Benteke.

Our problem against Villa last season is that we abandoned all caution. Something we didn't really do anymore in the latter half of the season. We turned up with a 3-points-in-the-bag mentality and proceeded to attack relentlessly, because "Villa can't hurt us". More than most other games last season- that was the standout feature of the Villa-game: the relentless wave of attack after attack which came to nothing.

Hmm... that turned out well. Had we faced Villa after a beating from another team, I'm confident, we'd have beaten them as we did the other sides.
I just think we approach the game as we did all away games in the latter half of last season and we'll walk away with a 2-1, 1-0 if we keep our focus. We've got speedy, intelligent, visionary players in our frontline. Perfectly suited to tear teams apart in a counter and so I think we'll do with Villa some times. I think we've improved defensively and we've improved in midfield, so we should really be going in there with focus, work hard and beat these.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:01:28 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist