Author Topic: Rawk Preview: Aston Villa v Liverpool, Saturday 24th August  (Read 65133 times)

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rawk Preview: Aston Villa v Liverpool, Saturday 24th August
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »
Some people are overestimating our team and underestimating Villa. Will be very difficult to get a result, tonight they impressed me yet again. Very decent team that.

Hardly, all we've had tonight is how Benteke is going to ruin us and how great Villa are.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2013, 09:49:36 pm »
Benteke

Anyone else shitting it?

Aye.

I'll be trying to grow a pair by Saturday but a number of their players are on good form and Benteke is a monster.  How he hasn't been snatched by a bigger team I'll never know.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2013, 09:50:51 pm »
Some people are overestimating our team and underestimating Villa. Will be very difficult to get a result, tonight they impressed me yet again. Very decent team that.

No it's actually the opposite its' how Benteke will cause havoc and forget about our players because we are shite innit? .
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:53:32 pm by Samie The Red »

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2013, 09:51:49 pm »
I hope Benteke gets the shits or something.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:20 pm »
Gabby and Benteke will cause problems all day against all premier league teams.  We have to manage two areas
1) the crosses from wide/deep areas
2)Agbonlahor dropping deep and running at a static defence.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:35 pm »
i'm not that worried to be honest. if we sit back and force villa to actually do something else than counter-attack we stand a good chance.

as for benteke, someone fucking kidnap him.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »
Weimann is some player! Bar any terrible decisions, from our players or the ref, we should get 3 points there. They are tired after 2 games this week already, and not getting that penalty will have deflated them slightly.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:16 pm »
Good show from Villa last 2 games - hopefully they keep up their absimal home form Saturday.

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »
After watching these 2 games Villa seem a very dangerous side! We need to keep our defence secure otherwise Benteke will be having a party. Again.

I just hope he gets the shits.. :lmao
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:05:09 pm by vNauuuM »
Twitter: Nauman_Choudry

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »
villa no clean sheet in about 23 games ?  we will score 2 goals saturday,  id go for 2-2.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:27 pm »
I'll take a draw a right now Villa have started brightly.

What right now you'll take a draw against villa? FFS they've just played a mid week game and I'd imagine majority will play against us. we'll be fresher.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2013, 10:15:12 pm »
Villa look a decent outfit but also look like they will be up and down in terms of form. Still got a lot of development to do before they are a team who can be consistently good.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2013, 10:24:49 pm »
Think Johnson vs Agbonlahor worries more than Kolo vs Benteke particularly because Lucas will be more apt to help out Kolo in the middle than go out wide to aid Johnson.

Hope Henderson plays on the right to help out Glen, with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle, obviously.

If Villa play a high line like they did today, I'd be tempted to put Aspas up top along with Sturridge, and play Coutinho wide left initially.

Also wonder if Cissokho will get the start....

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:42 pm »
Agbonlahor is actually the type of player that Johnson is boss against. I'm more worried when he's up against someone that is dangerous from the byline and has good delivery. Recovery challenges are Johnson's forte. Imo anyway.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »
Johnson being Johnson is the biggest worry for me about Johnson.

Johnson Johnson's right!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
Think Johnson vs Agbonlahor worries more than Kolo vs Benteke particularly because Lucas will be more apt to help out Kolo in the middle than go out wide to aid Johnson.

Hope Henderson plays on the right to help out Glen, with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle, obviously.

If Villa play a high line like they did today, I'd be tempted to put Aspas up top along with Sturridge, and play Coutinho wide left initially.

Also wonder if Cissokho will get the start....

I was thinking cissokho

the early teams that he plays against wont know too much about him

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »

What right now you'll take a draw against villa? FFS they've just played a mid week game and I'd imagine majority will play against us. we'll be fresher.
Being fresh means nothing it certainly does not guarantee a result for us.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2013, 10:41:05 pm »
WEEEEEEE THE WHITE, GODFEARING CITIZENS OF RAWK RIDGE, wish to express our extreme displeasure with the right back
's choice of choices. Please remove him immediately.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »
Could be a super game, think they will score a couple, but suspect we may get a fair few ourselves.

Cue a 0-0.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:10 pm »
Being fresh means nothing it certainly does not guarantee a result for us.

No it doesn't but the guy said he'll take a draw now before a ball has been kicked. Considering it's only the second game of the season, We won our opening fixture and they've just played today as well.  Villa don't have a big squad either so these guys will be playing again and IT'S ASTON VILLA FFS! Why should we be fearing them?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »
Villa finished 5 points off the drop last season, let's not forget.

yeah, Benteke went through us for a short cut last season, but we'll hopefully be wise to that this time round, and we have Kolo to help with that.
I can see us causing them lots of problems, and they won't be in the mood to chase shadows all day, which is what they'll be doing.

2-0 to us.

Offline Ronster

• A Real Man who doesn't like Girlies
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2013, 10:51:10 pm »
The way we're playing currently we will open them up between ten and fifteen times in this game. We just need to convert these opportunities like we did at the back end of last season. Its simples, we need to keep 11 men on the pitch and start the same team as we did Stoke. I've got a mate who supports Villa. He still gets in the cheap kids section, he's 38.
'When circumstances can not be changed attitude is everything'

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:30 pm »
I think keeping possession and moving the ball around quickly will be key in this match. This is Villa's 3rd match of the week, so some players will tired for them. If we keep the ball make them work really hard they will tire quickly and then it will be easier for coutinho sturridge aspas etc to break them down. Also hope Henderson plays again. His pressing of the opposition will be effective against a tiring Villa team. He has really impressed me in 2013.

Now for containing Villa's attacking threat, with Kolo at the back he gives me confidence. I'd want Kolo on Benteke for the game so the faster Agger can try and deal with Weimann and gabby. Not sure whether to start Cissoko or not. Is he faster than Enrique? If he isn't I would play Enrique to help deal with Villa's attacking pace.

Offline Ghostface

• Main Stander
  • Gnasher Suarez's Breakfast
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:47 pm »
I'll go 1-1 - you can't see them not scoring to be honest, and I think we're overreacting when it comes to the Stoke game, we could see more of the ball, but its what they do without the ball.

Okore looks fucking tidy for them,

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:04 pm »
They look a very decent side at the moment. Which is weird because they haven't really upgraded their team in any major way. I suppose it's because the younger players have now settled in, and they are continuing from where they finished last season.

Honestly, we're terrible at defending set pieces and I will brick it anytime the ball is crossed in to Benteke. Agger, Toure and Enrique aren't the quickest bunch either, so if they score it will probably be via counter attack. I'd take a draw.

Offline locultom

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »
The key will be not to give it away in their half when we are overloading and over-committing men to attacking moves. The players will have to be aware of numbers and show patience and accuracy, particularly when we probe the final third. We have to limit their opportunities to counter-attack. 
No-one wants to stay in the Travelodge by choice. It's always a last resort. No-ones thinking, Id love to stay in a room so blandly anonymous that it looks like the burial chamber of the king of an ancient civilisation which valued above all bland anonymity.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »
scared shit of benteke,scared shit of villa,scared shit of spurs,scared shit of levy,scared shit of god knows what else,,,

when did all this happen
bollocks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2013, 11:04:43 pm »
scared shit of benteke,scared shit of villa,scared shit of spurs,scared shit of levy,scared shit of god knows what else,,,

when did all this happen

As long as your not scared of your shadow your just about sane.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »
We may fear their attacking talents in Benteke, Agbonlahor, and Weimann.
But we do not fear their midfield or defence.

They must fear our attacking talents of Coutinho, and Sturridge.
They must also fear our midfield if it contains Gerrard.

Our defence is better than theirs.

if everything evens out, we will beat them!

In Brendan we trust to set us up well to counter their threats and promote our own!

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2013, 11:08:57 pm »
As long as your not scared of your shadow your just about sane.

yesterday,,,,,
bollocks

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »
Probably a good thing they've had a good start.

Less expectation. If we can contain their counter attack by retaining possession and keeping the 2 in midfield most of the time we can win there.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
I am feeling pretty good about this game.  I think we might have one mistake and give up a goal but I think we can score a few.  Will not be over confident though as I remember last year I was and they kicked our ass 1-3 at Anfield.
Haven't watched today's game yet but did watch the Arsenal-Villa game and our midfield cannot let Agbonlahor run right past them to our defense.

Offline Ronster

• A Real Man who doesn't like Girlies
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »
I am feeling pretty good about this game.  I think we might have one mistake and give up a goal but I think we can score a few.  Will not be over confident though as I remember last year I was and they kicked our ass 1-3 at Anfield.
Haven't watched today's game yet but did watch the Arsenal-Villa game and our midfield cannot let Agbonlahor run right past them to our defense.

Mate i wish this was the case however theyre at home and unfortunately i reckon Agbongalor will be spending most of his time goal side of our midfield.
'When circumstances can not be changed attitude is everything'

Offline Ghostface

• Main Stander
  • Gnasher Suarez's Breakfast
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »
We may fear their attacking talents in Benteke, Agbonlahor, and Weimann.
But we do not fear their midfield or defence.

They must fear our attacking talents of Coutinho, and Sturridge.
They must also fear our midfield if it contains Gerrard.

Our defence is better than theirs.

if everything evens out, we will beat them!

In Brendan we trust to set us up well to counter their threats and promote our own!

Guess you didn't see Delph in the midfield and Jores Okore at the back, both were great I thought.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:12 pm »
Guess you didn't see Delph in the midfield and Jores Okore at the back, both were great I thought.

Guess they shouldn't be scared of our midfield or attackers.  Fuck me some are getting the shit's playing Aston villa.

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
No reason we can't beat them, with Coutinho, Sturbridge and Aspas we will carve them open. We just need to take our chances when they come and we'll walk away with 3 points.

« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:20 pm »
Yet they lost to a pretty one dimensional Chelsea team. In case you forgot we have Lucas, Gerrard, Agger and Toure

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:55 pm »
Must take our chances. I think we'll create lot more than them. I think we will win !
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2013, 12:00:07 am »
Benteke - what a monster!  This guy is definitely worth 35 million.  Guaranteed menace around the box, great with his feet and head and does the play-acting as well.  A total package for a guy who is 22-years-old.    Come on Ayre, do your job and unsettle this chap with a bid on Friday!

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2013, 12:00:41 am »
Fuck me, villa are a bunch of dirty c*nts. Stoke and the villa first two up, if we come away with 6 points from that, then utd will get done and all.

Come on Liverpool!

Pass these fuckers off the park.