Author Topic: RAWK Round Table: WBA 3 - 0 Liverpool FC  (Read 42056 times)

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Round Table: WBA 3 - 0 Liverpool FC
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »
People say we played well in the first half. We didn't. We weren't close to wrapping the game up. We had one chance made from short passing, in the sixteenth minute. All our other chances were freak chances like against Leverkusen and Roma - from free kicks, high pressure and their errors and more often than not made individually and finished individually by Suarez for instance. And sure, chances are chances, but we need to create more on our own. Our midfield is not strong enough. With Gerrard drifting off or hiding, Lucas and Allen are left to themselves. No help from Agger or Skrtel. Our buildup is frustratingly slow, no movement, no creativity and no recognization of each others runs. Lucas and Allen don't know each other yet, that's excusable, but what about Lucas and Gerrard? Downing and Suarez?

Gerrard was the stand out worst performer. What was his role defensively? He defended like Suarez, leaving their six attacking players to Lucas, Allen and the defence. What did he offer to our attacking play? As the advanced man in the three man midfield he should offer creativity, overview and precision. He lacked all of these things in a manner that Shelvey, Hendo or even Adam wouldve been an upgrade on him.

It's early days and these lackings are fixable, but we need to make sure the players know their roles, each other and want to run into the mile-wide holes in their defence and defensive midfield. And that's even before mentioning the mental and defensive mess that is our beloved redmen..

Over to you Rodgers. I hope you've been busy!

Offline jonnySingapore

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »

What struck me was a clear intention by the team, certainly in the first half, to manifest Rodgers' vision into something tangible. After some of the turgid, dysfunctional play we've experienced especially post-Rafa, Rodgers' attempts are admirable even if they're not immediately successful.

What struck me is just how fragile this system is, how runners will tear the high defensive line to pieces (see AVB last year), how naive Rodgers is tactically - which explains all the footballspeak over the summer, how smart tactically Clarke is, how we've done nothing to solve the goal scoring issue which was the numero uno problem and the realisation of how little game vision Henderson has, making it necessary to buy Allen.

What also struck me is how FSG took a goalscoring problem, requiring say 2 of the front 4 players to be replaced to kick on, and have instead opted for a totally new man, new system, new back staff, numerous purchases required to satisfy this AND not set any target.

Doesn't sound like an outfit that knows what they are doing and cannot see where we can pick up points.  Dark times.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »
The keeper can't mate but he may have been unnerved had Borini got out to him a bit quicker instead of avoiding taking a hit off the ball, we'll never know now.
Only it wasn't Borini, it was Glen Johnson who "got out to him". I know, they look so much alike . . .
Erm, excuse me, please don't be sarcastic without understanding the point I was making - watch the strike again. I know Glen got there first but Borini had a chance to unnerve Gera and chose not to.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #243 on: June 5, 2013, 02:10:54 am »
So yeah, what about this match eh?

Better start next season please.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du