Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 346641 times)

Offline Feorax

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #3800 on: March 18, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »
Sakho will know he's the future of this club. I can't see him kicking up too much of a fuss if we intend to keep a consistant back line until the end of the season.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #3801 on: March 18, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
I'm hoping that's the case. I can't remember ever having a potentially world class cb on the bench, waiting in the wings!
Long may the form of Agger and Skrtel continue. Two contrasting cb's who I'm sure Sakho can learn from over the coming years.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: March 18, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
Sakho will know he's the future of this club. I can't see him kicking up too much of a fuss if we intend to keep a consistant back line until the end of the season.

Ironically he's the only one of the 3 going to the world cup though

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #3803 on: March 18, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »
They're fine defenders when the ball is kept on the deck. That's why playing against Rooney and Van Persie suits them.

Its when they have to face the Lukakus, the Crouch's and the Bony's when the problems occur. They can't handle the big guys up front.
Yawn.
People were saying before the United game 'Oh noes, get Sakho in because Agger's crap at crosses and can't defend them and United cross the ball so much'.

At some point people will stop looking to pick holes and appreciate that they're both very good.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3804 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »
Yawn.
People were saying before the United game 'Oh noes, get Sakho in because Agger's crap at crosses and can't defend them and United cross the ball so much'.

At some point people will stop looking to pick holes and appreciate that they're both very good.
I don't understand? Does everyone in this forum have to conform to your view?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #3805 on: March 18, 2014, 04:21:44 pm »
I don't understand? Does everyone in this forum have to conform to your view?
What on Earth. Seriously, do you think everything I post is as a member of staff? I'm allowed to post opinion as a user.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3806 on: March 18, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »
They're fine defenders when the ball is kept on the deck. That's why playing against Rooney and Van Persie suits them.

Its when they have to face the Lukakus, the Crouch's and the Bony's when the problems occur. They can't handle the big guys up front.

From set pieces they were also up against Vidic, Jones, Carrick and Fellaini four big units who are useful in the air. For me Lukaku and Bony are top draw players and Crouch has spent a decade in the top flight because he is so awkward to mark
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3807 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:13 pm »
From set pieces they were also up against Vidic, Jones, Carrick and Fellaini four big units who are useful in the air. For me Lukaku and Bony are top draw players and Crouch has spent a decade in the top flight because he is so awkward to mark
ManU didn't use their strength at crosses very much though, which was a surprise. Still not sure what their game plan was.

Striking how many mistakes the ManU defence made - all three penalties for instance. Same weekend, Kompany took a silly red card. It's not just our defender who make mistakes - it happens to everyone. 

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »
Good to see them both back in form again. Many people forget how solid they were for long spells in previous seasons. Both have had spells where they've been making a few individual errors but the partnership is historically successful. Agger is obviously the best organizer of both the back four and the players in front of it. Skertl was our player of the season not long ago and to Rodgers credit seems a much more assured player on the ball as the season wears on, unless I'm imagining things. It's just another reason to be optimistic for the closing games. We finally have a settled back four when it matters. People shouldn't piss their pants when they concede a few chances, defending is a percentages game and B-Rodge is a gambler on that front. Of course he could go down the George Graeme route if people like.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3809 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
Great to see Skrtel enjoying his football and getting booked for being part of a 3 man attack at one point! Lollloo's!

Agger must be so pleased to have Martin next to him offering that reassuring presence. You really are a luck man Mr Agger.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:26 pm »
ManU didn't use their strength at crosses very much though, which was a surprise. Still not sure what their game plan was.

Striking how many mistakes the ManU defence made - all three penalties for instance. Same weekend, Kompany took a silly red card. It's not just our defender who make mistakes - it happens to everyone.

Little off topic but I thought the way Flannagan and Johnson snapped into tackles with their wide men was down to Rodgers instructions and a means of snuffing out Uniteds only threat.

Good point about Kompany though. He's a cracking player but if one of our centre halves had done the same there would be a vocal minority calling for the firing squad.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3811 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:39 pm »
This is a bit off topic as it is about Agger's other partnership, with his brother Marco. Together they own and run a sewage company called KloAgger (sewer in danish is kloak). Fascinating stuff:

http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/fotball/england/Liverpool-stjerne-bygger-kloakk-imperium-426274_1.snd#.Uyhgw_l5OT8

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3812 on: March 18, 2014, 09:27:56 pm »

Yeh good points I think it illustrates that people put a little too much importance on defences. The way we dominated midfield meant that our defenders had an easy time whilst theirs were constantly stretched and all three penalties came from Uniteds defence being stretched and having very little cover because of the amount of width and depth our front players created with their movement.

I think it is no coincidence that the extra man we now employ in the centre of the pitch is making our defence look far more solid.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline astrid

• Main Stander
« Reply #3813 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:34 pm »
Sure they will both make mistakes as all defenders do from time to time, and we will concede goals, where they could have done better, but thats a part of the game! They look very solid for the time being, so hopefully we build on it. We can't keep on changing the defence every other week. If they don't get injuries they should stay together for the rest of the season.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: March 18, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »
This is a bit off topic as it is about Agger's other partnership, with his brother Marco. Together they own and run a sewage company called KloAgger (sewer in danish is kloak). Fascinating stuff:

http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/fotball/england/Liverpool-stjerne-bygger-kloakk-imperium-426274_1.snd#.Uyhgw_l5OT8

Must resist puns :-X.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #3815 on: March 19, 2014, 02:36:36 am »

I read it, what a load of shit.

I couldnt :P
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #3816 on: March 19, 2014, 05:43:20 am »
I read it, what a load of shit.

I couldnt :P
;D

Offline mikenielsen

• Main Stander
« Reply #3817 on: March 19, 2014, 06:36:03 am »

Shows he must have a great sense of humour :D

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #3818 on: March 19, 2014, 07:24:27 am »

Well, they "never" really do?

80+ crosses vs Fulham and still failed badly.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3819 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:29 am »
Well, they "never" really do?

80+ crosses vs Fulham and still failed badly.
But they barely even tried it against us. All players have their weaknesses, and our defence is weak at crosses.

Could also be due to the fact that in training they are faced with small forwards who shun crosses. I mean, you never see Skrtel & Agger get nutmegged in a game, which might be a lesson learned by training with Suarez :-)