Author Topic: Bend...But Never Break  (Read 25698 times)

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
Bend...But Never Break
« on: January 7, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »
Dion Fanning, one of the few mainstream journalists that I have any time for, once said of the Roy Hodgson era at Liverpool that “those who believe that Hodgson’s dismissal demonstrates a fundamental shift in Liverpool’s relationship with their manager forget that his appointment was the fundamental shift. Liverpool had never sought middle England’s approval before and those who delighted in the success of a friend never paid attention to the muted sounds of disapproval on Merseyside. Hodgson was the wrong appointment, not an appointment that didn’t get time. There was not a fundamental shift in Liverpool supporters’ relationship with their manager. Roy Hodgson was not their manager. He was Sky’s manager, the establishment’s manager, the English FA’s manager.” This, I think, is a pretty good summation of some of the fundamental reasons why Hodgson was destined to fail at Anfield. Results, naturally, were key as well, but there were also many other factors at play. Liverpool F.C. is not a straightforward, open-and-shut book of football club. Never has been, never will be. The same is true of the city of Liverpool itself. Those who have enjoyed success at Anfield are the ones who understood this. It has been pointed out that the banners and flags on the Kop tend to reference managers (Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Houllier, Benítez) rather than players. There’s a reason. Values such as loyalty, inner-strength, leadership, hard work and commitment are the ones we hold most dearly, and it is our managers who have historically exhibited these ideals most vividly.

It is why we have the Shankly and Paisley Gates, and why there is a statue of a manager rather than a player outside Anfield. It is also why the faces of Graeme Souness and Roy Hodgson will never sit alongside their aforementioned counterparts on the Kop, not simply because they failed to win much but because they clearly never understood us. Souness called his decision to sell a story to a certain newspaper on the third anniversary of Hillsborough a mistake. That’s not all it was. It was also a fundamental failure to understand the club and its community. Hodgson’s myriad of gaffes over his six months in charge, meanwhile, had us all wondering if he had even the slightest clue of who we are. One listen to You’ll Never Walk Alone would have told him immediately. A great man once defined it like this: “when you’re in a fog you stick together because that way you don’t get lost. If there’s a secret to us, that’s it”. That’s Liverpool F.C. in a nutshell. Agreeing with Alex Ferguson that your star striker is a cheat does not compute. Now think of “middle England”. Think of “the establishment”. Ask yourself what they have ever done for this club. Ask yourself who it was that threw those deplorable accusations around in the aftermath of Hillsborough, who it was that hounded our best manager in 20 years out of a job, who it was that were happy to sit by and watch as £300m worth of debt was heaped upon the club to the point where administration (and probable relegation) beckoned in favour of blaming the manager and the players, who it was that has heaped derision on us for our support of Luis Suárez who (I could say plenty more about it) wasn’t given anything approaching a fair hearing? Who is it that always invites us to “get over” Hillsborough, told us that Istanbul was a fluke, told us that we needed a British manager like Roy, are now telling us that Kenny Dalglish is losing it (it started with James Lawton and Patrick Barclay at the beginning of November, maybe earlier, it has gone into overdrive in the last week)? Do any of these examples sound like those entities have the best interests of this club at heart?

There has been much (correct) talk of reconciliation on this site over the past few days, of how the club should reach out to the media, to community groups, even to Manchester United in the hope that we can all understand and trust each other that little bit more. I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment, but we must be careful. It needs to be done, but it needs to be done on our terms because a Liverpool F.C. that prostrates itself in front of “middle England” or “the establishment” and simply bows to their wishes is incompatible with the one that I have loved for two decades, the one that started out for me as just a football team that had some of my favourite players on it (Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, Rush) and grew into something infinitely more meaningful than that. It’s incompatible with what I know about the city of Liverpool too, a community that has fought its corner more times than I can count.

Consider who you’re talking about here. A media that includes tabloids like The S*n, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail and individuals like David Maddock, Oliver Holt, Martin Lipton, Martin Samuel, Henry Winter, James Lawton, Patrick Barclay and others. A media that includes Talksport and Sky. A football establishment that includes the FA, Alex Ferguson and his cabal of lackeys known as the LMA, Gordon Taylor. Reconciliation across the board with people like that? I have to think that’s impossible without fundamentally changing who we are. We certainly won’t be met halfway, that’s for sure. Already Ferguson has apparently dismissed the idea of talks between the two clubs. Meanwhile, the press have appeared arrogantly unwilling to cede the moral high ground to which they scurried on 20 December.  Obviously the likes of Kick It Out, FARE and others should continue to be embraced, but that’s just it – continue to be embraced. People are acting as though the work done by the club in the past in the fight against racism suddenly counts for nothing. I understand why the likes of Herman Ouseley and Piara Powar (and individuals likes Paul McGrath and Jason Roberts) are so outspoken on this issue. I’m a white man who lives in his own country, a predominantly white one. I’m lucky in that I have never had to deal with racism or discrimination of any kind and I feel 100% empathy with anyone who has. Yet some of their comments have been damaging to this whole process, especially for men in their position. They talk about the responsibilities of Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish, but what about theirs?

If we accept that it behoves the club to reach out, build bridges, talk to the media more, become more intimate with the FA and everything else, then do we have to do all the work? Does the media hysteria seen in the last couple of weeks (which has generally included only one side of the story and been framed with headlines of “RACIST”) and the poor investigation carried out by the FA’s Commission in the first place not hurt this process too? Liverpool F.C. feels aggrieved – anyone who reads the FA Commission report with an open mind will see why – so is it really all on the club to just swallow that, go to the FA, say we’re sorry that our statement said anything bad about you, please forgive us, then go back to Anfield and wait for the next incident that screws the club (e.g. how many other players, besides Mascherano and Torres, were punished because of the Respect Campaign, and was Suárez’s recent one-game ban for an obscene gesture consistent with Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole’s previous ban of no games for the same offence?), or should the FA instead realise that one of their clubs is unhappy and reach out too in the spirit of reconciliation, realising that a process where the “guilty” have no right to appeal the verdict, only the severity of the punishment, is inherently wrong? Should individuals like Maddock and entities like the Daily Mirror and others not realise, hey, maybe we’re being a bit too hard on the club, maybe that headline of “RACIST” was out of order and we should go to them and apologise rather than burying some half-arsed excuse deep within our website?

If this is all on the club, then we either fundamentally change who we are or this process of reconciliation is doomed from the start. By all means we should bend, but no way should we break. At times like this, you need someone to lead the way. You need what I spoke about back in the first paragraph of this piece - leadership, strength. Nothing illustrates to me that we have the right man at the helm in Kenny Dalglish more than the level of vitriol which has been thrown in his direction over the past week by those aforementioned entities of “middle England” and “the establishment,” two entities who have not been friendly to the club historically. One particularly repugnant piece even reminded the reader that “Dalglish is not a racist. Nobody should be allowed to believe that he is”. Who the fuck suggested he was?! These entities, the ones that we’re charged with reaching out to, want Dalglish gone, maybe replaced with Roy Hodgson again (if he’d still have us, maybe if we beg?) or maybe Martin O’Neill (whose return to management, Henry Winter recently told us, “has been greeted with street parties, certainly a Fleet Street party”). They want us to be nice and compliant, and that’s all they want. There is no meeting us halfway on this, and we need to remember that. It is ultimately on the club and its hierarchy to decide how they go about dealing with these people from here on out, but one thing is for sure, none of them like that Dalglish and the club have not gone grovelling to them, begging forgiveness like some beaten-down housewife apologising for causing her husband to hit her. As supporters, our job is easier. All we need to do is ask “who do we trust,” remember that Liverpool have “never sought middle England’s approval before,” and keep in mind that nobody understands who we are (city and club) more than Kenny Dalglish.

And then support.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2012, 05:28:09 pm by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Bend...But Never Break
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »
:wellin Fantastic. You really really should post more mate.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »
Brilliant stuff, as always, E2K.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »
Bravo.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Benthead

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Justice
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »
Yes,  Now more than ever.
Should be printed out and pinned on everybody's bedroom wall to read first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Offline On the perch

• Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez is not a racist. Jon Champion is a twat
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2012, 04:18:38 pm »
Top post
All round the fields......................

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #6 on: January 7, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »
Brilliant, E2K.  :wellin
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Cunny Funt

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: January 7, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »
Great post! Well said sir

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8 on: January 7, 2012, 04:21:50 pm »
Brilliant post.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2012, 04:21:50 pm »
Great post as always from E2K.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: January 7, 2012, 04:23:12 pm »
Stunning one Albie!

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #11 on: January 7, 2012, 04:24:59 pm »
Excellent post - thank you.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 7, 2012, 04:25:18 pm »
Very good piece E2k, agree with everything there. Thank fuck we have Kenny at the helm!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #13 on: January 7, 2012, 04:25:22 pm »
Yeah that's a belter.

Hit the nail on the head about the Press. In fact I thought it WAS a Dion Fanning article - thought blimey, he's going for it on his fellow Press hacks!

Well done for a stirring piece!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #14 on: January 7, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »
Belter. Top post.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #15 on: January 7, 2012, 04:27:29 pm »
A very insightful piece. I like you am white and "live in my own country". Unlike you I have suffered discrimination, stereotyping and prejudice. You see, I was born in Liverpool and have a scouse accent. This means whenever I venture to other parts of my country I can be met with anti-scouse comments and adverse reactions. It's happened to me in such places as Ipswich, Southampton, Cornwall, Leicester and Manchester. For me it's part of hidden racism - I have to accept it as 'banter'. What it does, is make me angry that scousers of all people are being tarred with a racist label. We have more in common with ethnic minorities than most white people. If a black person entered a country pub and the barmaid immediately slammed the till shut and stood guard on it calling for the landlord, he/she might be angry and astonished. I certainly was. I didn't think "A pint of bitter please" implied "I'm going to rob your till". 

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #16 on: January 7, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »
Fantastic post mate and I agree with every word.

However, and maybe it's just my current mindset and the events of the last couple of months taking it's toll, when I read this paragraph

There has been much (correct) talk of reconciliation on this site over the past few days, of how the club should reach out to the media, to community groups, even to Manchester United in the hope that we can all understand and trust each other that little bit more. I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment, but we must be careful. It needs to be done, but it needs to be done on our terms because a Liverpool F.C. that prostrates itself in front of “middle England” or “the establishment” and simply bows to their wishes is incompatible with the one that I have loved for two decades, the one that started out for me as just a football team that had some of my favourite players on it (Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, Rush) and grew into something infinitely more meaningful than that. It’s incompatible with what I know about the city of Liverpool too, a community that has fought its corner more times than I can count.

and talk of reconciliation it just left me feeling sad and apathetic at the prospect. In my view Liverpool Football Club have been beyond reproach for as long as I can recall with regards to our conduct. No other club acts with the same amount of dignity as we do when you consider how much shit we have thrown at us by all sections of the media.
 We are persecuted by the press, made an example of by the FA time and time again, we are treated with contempt by referees and other managers who view us as an easy target...and no matter how much tolerance we show, no matter how dignified we act, no matter how little we complain we are still treated like a fucking punch bag by all and sundry.
 I don't believe it will ever change. Just look at the way our attempts at 'peace talks' with Utd are being reported. The gutter press are spinning it in such a way they can even mock us over that.
 Rather than reconciliation I'd rather pull up the drawbridge and say a big 'FUCK YOU' to the lot of them.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #17 on: January 7, 2012, 04:33:47 pm »
An incredible piece.

It makes me appreciate Kenny that little bit more.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 7, 2012, 04:40:58 pm »
Fantastic post E2K :wellin
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #19 on: January 7, 2012, 04:46:27 pm »
Nice stuff, E2K.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »
Heartily enjoyed that. A prescient and well-written post. Many things are infuriating me at the moment about this whole saga, but the opprobrium directed at Kenny, often with the King put in inverted commas, from journalists linked to swivel-eyed right-wing newspapers that incite more racial hatred than any other organisation you can name, and fans from clubs with histories soaked in infamy, all of them pigmies not fit to clean his soles, makes me fucking livid.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2012, 04:49:32 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin

Brilliant piece
bollocks

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2012, 04:50:09 pm »
That is a fantastic post mate. Couldn't have thought it better let alone come anywhere close to writing that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23 on: January 7, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »
Heartily enjoyed that. A prescient and well-written post. Many things are infuriating me at the moment about this whole saga, but the opprobrium directed at Kenny, often with the King put in inverted commas, from journalists linked to swivel-eyed right-wing newspapers that incite more racial hatred than any other organisation you can name, and fans from clubs with histories soaked in infamy, all of them pigmies not fit to clean his soles, makes me fucking livid.

The minute Kenny took over from their Golden Boy Roy it was written in the cards mate. It's expected really.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 7, 2012, 04:55:15 pm »
Fantastic E2K

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 7, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »
Bloody Hell, what a brilliant OP, agree with every word.

A very insightful piece. I like you am white and "live in my own country". Unlike you I have suffered discrimination, stereotyping and prejudice. You see, I was born in Liverpool and have a scouse accent. This means whenever I venture to other parts of my country I can be met with anti-scouse comments and adverse reactions. It's happened to me in such places as Ipswich, Southampton, Cornwall, Leicester and Manchester. For me it's part of hidden racism - I have to accept it as 'banter'. What it does, is make me angry that scousers of all people are being tarred with a racist label. We have more in common with ethnic minorities than most white people. If a black person entered a country pub and the barmaid immediately slammed the till shut and stood guard on it calling for the landlord, he/she might be angry and astonished. I certainly was. I didn't think "A pint of bitter please" implied "I'm going to rob your till". 

Some years ago I took my family to a rented cottage in Stratford for a holiday.  The cottage was lovely, wood beams and ornaments, really nice, and we were having a great time when we were contacted by a distant relative who was in the area and wanted to pop by and see us.  She lived in the South of England normally.

A bit miffed as we didnt really like this relative and didnt particularly want to see her, but, being family we agreed.

She turns up, plonks herself down on the settee and looks round the cottage and said "I'm surprised they left the ornaments out, knowing you were Scousers"

Sod the lot of them!

"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #26 on: January 7, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »
that really does sum up what its like to be a liverpool supporter we as you so rightly put are not middle england we are Liverpool Football club, brilliant piece that E2K
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »
wow
This needs to be posted to all LFC forums asap
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2012, 05:10:39 pm »
The best bit of writing I've read since this whole sorry affair started.

Excellent. And extremly well put.  :thumbup

We're Liverpool.  If you don't except that, then f*ck you, or f*ck off.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #29 on: January 7, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »
Fantastic post, deserves a bigger stage and read by more people.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #30 on: January 7, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »
Really wish you posted more E2K. Fantastic as usual.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 7, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »
Thanks E2K for taking the time to put your thoughts together, always good to read your thoughts as they usually articulate what the masses are thinking in a calm, collected manner and yet still resonate your passion throughout.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

royhendo

« Reply #32 on: January 7, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »
Jan 7. Post of the year I'd venture.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #33 on: January 7, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »
Well written post and probably expresses what is on most people's minds. I do have concerns that the amount of pressure being placed upon Dalglish by the British media may wear him down, as it appeared to do with Rafa, but of course hope not.

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #34 on: January 7, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »
Fantastic post, deserves a bigger stage and read by more people.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #35 on: January 7, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
That was a bloody fantastic piece. Great job, E2K.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #36 on: January 7, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »
Well written post and probably expresses what is on most people's minds. I do have concerns that the amount of pressure being placed upon Dalglish by the British media may wear him down, as it appeared to do with Rafa, but of course hope not.

I hope not and I don't think it will as he genuinely doesn't give a toss about them

As long as we give him our full support the King will remain on his throne
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: January 7, 2012, 05:48:08 pm »
Wow, one of the bests posts I've ever read, completely nailed it.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
« Reply #38 on: January 7, 2012, 06:03:30 pm »
Superb post.
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 7, 2012, 06:05:37 pm »
Excellent post  :wellin
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.