Author Topic: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'  (Read 39634 times)

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
Re: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 04:56:05 pm »
In fairness to him, I think he's trying to make the point that if we weren't conceding soft goals like Saturday we wouldnt be beaten-which is fair enough
Roys tactics allow teams to pump balls into the area creating panic in our defence and errors occur due to this, his tactics are the reason we concede soft goals regularly.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 04:57:17 pm »
I think some are oblivious to the damage this man is doing to the players/team/club/fans.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »
.. or a pointless outpouring of generic '110%ing, must-try-harderisms' devoid of any real analysis or concrete solutions? Does he think that if he asks Kuyt to run harder it will achieve anything, a player that runs a hundred miles a game anyway. And if someone told you you needed to more reliable and consistent, how would you respond exactly?

This. Not that managers (including our previous manager whom I hold in the highest esteem) are known (maybe it's for the best) for providing the best post-match analysis, in anything but cliches.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Fernando-Towers

• Anny Roader
    • The Out of Towner
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »
The flipchart teamtalk from the Newcastle game doing the rounds online.

Look for the reference to being stronger mentally and physically. That's obviously this weeks' buzzword.

What a moron.
"White liquid - milk. You know who to blame!".

Offline harring

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 05:04:01 pm »
I'm angry too, angry that he's still here. Looking at the league table and seeing that we have lost more games than we have won should be telling the owners something. Things won't improve while he is here, we are playing like a middle table team.

Offline JimmysHammer

• Kopite
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »
This. Not that managers (including our previous manager whom I hold in the highest esteem) are known (maybe it's for the best) for providing the best post-match analysis, in anything but cliches.

I'm just thankful Roy hasn't resorted to this type of interview

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgchHlaSQE
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 05:08:18 pm »
Yet another pointless Roy bashing thread, well done Trada lad.

Hardly pointless posting the views of the manager. Its turning into a bashing (again) because he talks shite and doesnt take responsibility for the setup or performance even though everyone can see it is. Until he shuts up or starts being honest, there will be many more of these...
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »
Some of this shit is absolute fucking bile, the guy got the job through a panel that ran this club, he didn't throw himself into it and he isn't trying to lose. Some of the personal shite thrown at this guy is a fucking joke, have a word for fucks sake.

Agreed.
I dont think there are many people on here that dont want him replaced but some of this stuff is way over the line and frankly shameful

Offline Skrtels Head

• looks uncannily like London Planetarium
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 05:13:38 pm »
Well big fat Sam has got the sack at Blackburn, their new owners won't put up with such a shite start to the season for such a big club! They are 1 point behind us!! This makes me even more angry that it looks as though we will have to put up with even more ramblings from this fool for the foreseeable future  :no :no :no
Whats that on your lip? Is it a mustache or is it SHIT !

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 05:13:48 pm »
Some of this shit is absolute fucking bile, the guy got the job through a panel that ran this club, he didn't throw himself into it and he isn't trying to lose. Some of the personal shite thrown at this guy is a fucking joke, have a word for fucks sake.

And when a hero comes along,with the strength to carry on.......

Pull yourself together for fucks sake. Obviously you are oblivious to Roy offending people in his press conferences. If he just shut up and concentrated on winning away games instead of finding excuses we wouldnt be having this discussion
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 05:14:44 pm »
Roy shut up you tool... YOUR angry FFS... We see the pictures every week on LFC.TV the players all enjoying themselves in training... This to me doesn't show that they are lacking in confidence... This to me shows that you have lost the players and they are walking all over you... Your not the right man for the job so do us a favour and sling your hook... Its excuses after excuses and too be honest I've had just about enough now... I cant bare to watch Liverpool while he is in charge... I cringe when he gives his post match interviews... He's a joke and should never have been appointed as the Liverpool Manager...
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 05:16:21 pm »
The flipchart teamtalk from the Newcastle game doing the rounds online.

Look for the reference to being stronger mentally and physically. That's obviously this weeks' buzzword.

What a moron.

Yeah, it kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Ludi Circenses!

Offline andyclfc1

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 05:16:33 pm »
Roys tactics allow teams to pump balls into the area creating panic in our defence and errors occur due to this, his tactics are the reason we concede soft goals regularly.
Roy doesnt force teams to pump balls into the box? Any team can do this regardless- the fact is , and the point I believe he is trying to make, is that we need to tighten up at the back- simple! Some people are reading too much and picking at every word the man says- fair enough I'm not too keen on him, but jesus, some of the over analysis on here takes the biscuit
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:01 pm »
Big Sam is on the market!!

NESV need to make their move quick or Real Madrid will snap him up.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:05 pm »
Well least he's taking responsibility for his part in it all.

Offline Skrtels Head

• looks uncannily like London Planetarium
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:08 pm »
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!
Whats that on your lip? Is it a mustache or is it SHIT !

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »
And when a hero comes along,with the strength to carry on.......

Pull yourself together for fucks sake. Obviously you are oblivious to Roy offending people in his press conferences. If he just shut up and concentrated on winning away games instead of finding excuses we wouldnt be having this discussion

and if he took some of the blame for once that would be nice.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »
It's really very simple Roy. If you want us to improve then we need to have greater possession of the football. The more possession we have the more we can use it to create attacks against the other team, and the more goal chances you create the more.. you know.. goals you score.

And when I talk about more possession I don't just mean passing the ball better and keeping hold of it when you've got it, and not playing too many long balls - although that's a big part of it. What it also entails is getting it back quickly when you lose it. So many times on Saturday when we lost the ball all our players would drop back into their default 'defensive positions'. two banks of four - wait for them to come onto us and only then press the man in possession - often just a single player pressing  the ball at any one time, and always in our own half. This gave Newcastle time to compose themselves, get players forward into attacking positions and then launch an attack against us in a coordinated way. We basically ceded the initative to them rather than siezing it.

Contrast this to what I saw when watching Barca playing Real Sociedad last night. Of course Barca kept the ball magnificently, but on the occasions that they did lose it their players flooded the area where the ball was, a couple of players closing down the man in possession and others closing off the easy passes forcing R Soc to go for the difficult pass or hit it long (with the long balls being easily mopped up by Puyol or Abidal at the back). It's frightening how far away we are from that at the moment under Roy.

The more you have of the ball the more you can hurst your opponent and the less they can hurt you. It really is that simple..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 05:18:46 pm »
Roy likes to push blame on the players rather than himself, a sign of the type of character he is as he has done this before.
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 05:20:08 pm »
Big Sam is on the market!!

NESV need to make their move quick or Real Madrid will snap him up.

;D imagine him at anfield. this site would go into meltdown

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 05:21:47 pm »
Yeah, it kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Can't believe that wasn't removed after the game.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 05:23:23 pm »
If it's such an 'easy' tactic and it works so well, how come we're so bad at doing it ourselves on offense?

Perhaps it's because N'Gog and Torres are not that sort of striker, the one to "make himself available" as an outlet for longer passes?

Perhaps because none of our defenders, esp. our current CBs are any good at long-distance passing with accuracy? (I've always known Kyrgiakos to be agricultural. Skrtel is slightly better but he's still not a ball-playing CB. Carragher is well and truly awful as a distributor of the ball. Hyypia was quite good and Agger is quite good at that).

Perhaps because opposition teams PRESSURIZE us thus not allowing us the long-ball to the strikers with accuracy?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 05:24:15 pm »
What's wrong with the flip chart?

Managers have to communicate simply to players because ...how can I put this...players are not the brightest
Even Wenger has commented on how he has to speak very simply and directly to them

Think this needs to not turn into a persecution to be honest

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 05:24:27 pm »
Genuinely terrifying comments from Hodgson. 

Become "physcially stronger"?  get to fck roy - the way we can beat Newcastle, Stoke, Wigan, Everton, etc. is to become more like Liverpool not more like those cnts.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 05:30:18 pm »

Managers have to communicate simply to players because ...how can I put this...players are not the brightest
Even Wenger has commented on how he has to speak very simply and directly to them

I don't know about others but what I found "wrong" with the flip chart is not the simplicity of the language.

It's the content. In one sense, I am glad we have it so that what some of us had managed to figure out about RH's "system" and "tactics" is being shown to be pretty much accurate.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »
Roy likes to push blame on the certain players rather than himself, a sign of the type of character he is as he has done this before.

Or the previous manager. I really thought he was better than that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:26 pm »
"If we are going to improve upon our woeful away record it will be because we have become more physically and mentally stronger."

No Roy, it's your woeful away record. We're not the problem, you fucking are, your overall away record only points at one problem and it ain't the fucking team.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline theredstar

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:44 pm »
Dear all,

Am I missing something here??!!  I am by no means a football expert in either player knowledge nor tactics and forgive me if I have missed some thread somewhere doing my point to death but above all else we need ANOTHER DECENT STRIKER? Forget the defence the wings etc for now we need to score goals to win matches, in our glory days we looked so dangerous with the ball - now - apart from when the obvious two are on song we look nothing of the sort!

I can no longer sit quietly with out highlighting just how desperate this is!  My real point I am trying to make here is that David Ngog is not a first team starting striker for Liverpool FC! - Carling Cup, FA cup and late on impact sub fine, but starting for Liverpool in the premier league NO! He has never made an impact for me, and while I can see the potential and think he has a good attitude, work rate and technical ability he is not ready to play up front for us yet!  His partnership with Torres is poor and when Torres is injured or frustrated, tierd, moody etc God help us! With Gerrard out where do are goals come from? I saw with my own eyes at Spurs when Maxi missed a glorious chance after a sublime ball from El Nino, Ngog couldn't even hit the target with a header at a good height 6 yards out at St James'

I have never heard of Ranger but when he came on he changed the game, he had pace looked hungry and caused our tiring defence further problems, we need more striking options on the bench so desperately, keep Ngog if we really have to but send him on loan or play him less important matched to build him up.  Look at what the other top teams have up front we our laughable in comparision! and if Torres is injured what then? a JOKE! - No 1 priority if possible as now is a poor time but we need another Striker in Jan - a class striker not another hopefully prospect for the future! And if we need money to do this im sure we all have a list of players we wouldn't mind offloading!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 05:36:18 pm »

Clear communication is underestimated. You can't have a player think of ten different things he should do. Can't remember them all. So that it's simple is good. Usually it's also linked to the basic organisation. Everyone should know what to do in general, then the specifics are pointed out.

I find it quite interesting that our idea was to play something of a 4-2-2-2. Biggest concern for me is that we surrender territory so easily. Nothing mentioned about that, so I guess that's part of the basic organisation.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 05:36:56 pm »
Fair words from the manager.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Northern_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 05:37:04 pm »

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 05:37:31 pm »
"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction..."

I wonder how many of the player stood there listening to his tirade doing this....

Hes blatantly wofting a fart in that clip. The right hand come from his arse to his face... Dirty old man!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 05:43:47 pm »

Too late...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »
Hodgson rubbing his face is actually quite telling.  For the umpteen time in an away match, the momentum of the match had swung towards the home side and he did not have a fcking clue how to change it.

He's not angry, he's frustrated.  Time and time and time again he's applied his tactical approach away from his team's home ground and time and time and time again it fails him.  He won't accept there's anything wrong with his strategy so he'll just get fcked off at the players instead.  Amazing, truly amazing to hear people on this forum yesterday agreeing with him that individual errors were the only reason we lost.  Remarkable.

The reality is, a lot of fans wanted Rafa out, some of the club staff and players wanted Rafa out and an English manager in.  Those fans and those players have got what they deserved.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 05:49:54 pm »
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 05:53:19 pm »
Shame there's nothing on that flipchart telling Skrtel and Kyrgiakos to win the fucking ball in the air. Both done like mugs for the first goal, first to give away the free kick and then when the ball was put into the box. Nice of Barton to tell us what he was going to do as well, shame we didn't pay attention.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »
I think it's a shit thing to do taking a snap of the flipchart for all to see, it's a bit sly that. But it does seem a trifle crude in its message and not the most sophisticated of gameplans. To be fair they could have worked all week on systems though and that is just a refresher kind of thing.

To be fair, I did like 'move ball quicky, good tempo with our passing'. I'd have liked to see the defence stuff too - probably a trees worth of flipchart paper.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:43 pm »
Too late...

I don't know what everyone's crying about.  The revolt against Roy exists in a small corner of the internet.  He's under fck all pressure from the media, none whatsoever.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 05:55:49 pm »
GET THE FUCK OUT  :no

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.