Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112682 times)

Offline cammier

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #680 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »
We played like a pub team in the first half and seemed to be overawed by the occasion esp Henderson and Spearing who had a mare. We were so predictable with no penetration at all and Suarez might as well have been on the bench for all the action he got in the first half. That game was  there to be  won,  Chelsea did not take advantage of our weakness and their first goal was due to a mistake by Spearing and then Enrique aided and abetted by poor keeping by Pepe. Even the Drogba goal had a lot of luck to it by going through Skrtel's legs. The difference when the substitiution took place was unbelievable, why on earth did it take Kenny so long to put Carroll on, he frighthened the shit out of their defence and Luis came more and more into the game. We started playing like a team for the first time and seemed to believe the  game could be won. That was a fantastic save be Cech and in my opinion was not over the line. We need to start going at teams instead of sitting back like we did in the first half. I wonder now what will happen with Kenny. Let's face it the season was crap and the Carling cup is skant reward for the money spent. I hope he will be given time and perhaps some more money to reinforce our midfield because Henderson and Adam have been a poor investment and if he has more money to spend he needs to look abroad because there is not much available in this country. Let's go at Chelsea at home next week, they are not that good and we can take them at home.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:48 pm »
YNWA was ringing out audibly towards the end of second half injury time!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
Right this summer we need Downing, Hendersen, Adam (and Spearing) shipped out and to buy a whole new midfield.

Kenny got it really wrong when he signed that midfield last summer. Lets hope this summer he gets it right.

Over reaction alert!!!

All 3 will still be here next season. We played poorly today and deservedly lost the final, but nothing to do with any of those players. Reina should be disappointed by his efforts. As should Enrique and Downing, but all of them will be here next season

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #683 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:55 pm »
I know it doesn't change anything now but how easy is it to just put a camera or something on the goal line to sort these things out once and for all.
Needs to be done this seems to happen all the time nowadays.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:02 pm »
Ah well. You cant win them all - anymore.

I thought the team selection was pretty good. But that all depended on Gerrard being in and around Suarez. Which unfortunately he wasnt. Whether that was because he'd been told not to be, or whether it was because Henderson and Spearing were not getting the ball to him I dont know. But he reverted into his role of playing deeper and having a "comfortable" SG outing. Either way, as much as we can slag the CM youngsters off - I expected a bit more from our captain. And yes, I am fully aware of what he has done for this club.

I also dont think the rest of the team helped either Henderson or Spearing out. The first 60 minutes I dont think either of our wide midfielders had a clue. Downing was, well,... Downing. He looked like he doesnt believe in himself, and his partnership with Enrique is horrible to watch. Neither has any idea what they should be doing with each other.

The same with Bellamy and Johnson. I dont think either of them had a clue. It looked like both our left side and our rigt had either never played together before, or just played ineptly.

I suppose people will say that Henderson and Spearing should have created a platform for them, but its a pretty circular argument. Especially when its known they are two of our most inexperience players. A big ask for them to control an experienced Chelsea midfield and it proved to be an ask too much I think.

Suarez was left alone and that pretty much nullifies him really. But what he did do wasnt really that good to be honest. great cross for Andy's "2nd" though.

Pepe could have done better for both goals I thought.

Jay has to take a large amount of blame for both goals IMO. The first was obvious. The second dive in that allowed fatboy to turn him was basic. poor stuff. There's pressing a player, and theres selling yourself. Jay put a big sign on saying for sale.

I thought Agger was our best midfielder in the first half. And our best defender. Skrtel was also excellent. There was one bit where he just ploughed right through Drogba to get a header in. Was fuckin immense. Thought he could of done a bit more for the second maybe. But if Drogba doesnt scuff his shot he blocks that.

Andy came on and created havoc. Good finish for the first. Should have buried the second and we'd all not be having a big debate. But gotta say it was a great sigle handed save from that twat.

Overall I thought we deserved to win. The 60 minutes were we were shit, so were Chelsea. They created nothing that we didnt gift them. And apart from counter attacking, which they did quite well up until the edge of the box, then they contributed nothing to the "spectacle". The only thing they did well was to not let us get back into the game. Controlled it but offered nothing. Take out Jays 2 fuckups and theyre as bad if not worse than us.

Taking the above into account the final 30 swung it our way for me. Very unlucky. I've no doubt that come extra time we win that easily. They were hangin on by their arses at the end. Good to see Torres not even get on.

Gutted for Kenny. But I think he needed to sort SG/JH/JS out earlier on.

I hope we batter them on Tuesday. And I actually mean batter them. Physically. Ashley Cole needs to be injured. I can see Torres starting - and he needs doing as well.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline paiiv

• Anny Roader

Offline Purple Aki

• Main Stander
« Reply #686 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »
Gutted. On the plus side, I have a LFC supporting double.

He's a sexual molester, like a black uncle fester, he will make you tense your biceps, your quads and your triceps.

It's Purple Aki

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #687 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:18 pm »
someone answer me something, why do you take bellamy off for dirk and not downing? you remove someone who's been a goal threat every time he's played for us this season, yet leave the abject, wasteful shithouse excuse for a winger that is stuart downing on the pitch? why do you do this.

Bellamy was tired and not contributing anything till then. His knees cannot hold up with all the running he had did. Downing gave us the pace which no one else had after Bellamy went off, etc etc.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #688 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »
i think it is more to do with the colour of your wheely bin .... or something

Hahahaha...  ::)

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #689 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:32 pm »
The same Downing who, though woeful in the first half and let's face it most of the season, made the first goal and actually put a couple of half-decent crosses into the box in the second half?

yep. shite again today. doesn't deserve to wear that shirt.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »
the fact that no one has shown any picture with the entire ball over the entire linekind of suggests that the lino didn't make a mistake.

maybe we haven't got the right angle (yet?), but i don't get how people can seem to be so sure without definitive evidence...

If there was a camera in line with the post rather than offset by 5 degrees then there would be conclusive proof. In absence of that you'll have to be more imaginative!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #691 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »
Some players don't deserve a winners medal and some players don't deserve to finish on the losing side.

I hope you enjoy polishing your medal Fernando. Andy Carroll you played like a worrior, unlucky.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »
And as for the booing of the national anthem, that was beyond disgraceful!

Our lads sang our national anthem loud and proud. YNWA!
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »
Why? Is it acceptable to finish 8th in the premier league? I certainly wasn't expecting to be a title challenging team this season but I thought that we would at least make some progress. He may have done it 20 seasons ago but some of his tactics have been questionable this season. If you think i'm a plastic cu*t go ahead and abuse me about it but it's not taken Di Matteo 18 month to change Chelsea to a down and out side to FA cup winners and Champions League finalists has it? End of Story.

I won't abuse you. You do that to yourself by posting thoughts like that.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline R_Ferns

• Kemlynite
« Reply #694 on: May 5, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »
He hasn't said a lot wrong there.

Cheers. I presume saying ANYTHING bad anout Kenny means i'm not a 'proper fan'...
"I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Brendan Rodgers

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #695 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:01 pm »
Give it a rest, please. It's not going to change anything. We lost because we were shit for the majority of the match, not because we were cheated.
Can't beleive most fans are not upset about that decision if it is given we win the cup.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #696 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

:lmao :lmao
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #697 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »
We only started playing from the hour mark, so we have to accept we didn't deserve it.

What a load of fucking bollocks. When was that rule brought in? Tactically, sometimes the way to win is to let a team come on to you and then make subs to take advantage of a tiring team. Not saying that's what we did but being outplayed for two-thirds of the match doesn't mean you deserve to lose. We should have won it in the second half and were well on top when that shithouse Drogba did his usual audition for Casualty.

I told the two Chelsea fans in front of me that he was a fucking shithouse and they had to agree. Expect the same in Munich if Chelsea are winning and Bayern look like getting any rhythm going.

I despise the prick. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #698 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:32 pm »
Dear oh dear.

What? I don't get what's wrong with his post? Which is the truth...

Although what Di Matteo has done could be seen as exactly what Kenny did. Next season may be shit for him, here's hoping anyway.

Online JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #699 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »
Bitter fucking pill to swallow. We were fucking shite until the big man came on and scored. Then we woke up and realised this was the FA Cup final and decided to try and win and we could have fucking done so until Dowd and his linesman turned a blind eye to a clear goal. The sooner we get goal line technology the better. Robbed.

Not over the line 100% mate - sorry. I jumped up and thought it had crossed it but seeing played back afraid it didn't. Should have headed it down from there anyroad.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #700 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:36 pm »
The same Downing who, though woeful in the first half and let's face it most of the season, made the first goal and actually put a couple of half-decent crosses into the box in the second half?

Yes the one that lucked into a pass and as you put it had a couple of half decent crosses is not good enough

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #701 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »
Cheers. I presume saying ANYTHING bad anout Kenny means i'm not a 'proper fan'...

Just show some respect with your views though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline T-Bone

• Kopite
  • Oh, it's got cachet, baby!
« Reply #702 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »
Carroll ruled.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #703 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:44 pm »
Carroll was imense but he really shouldnt have let the keeper get anywhere near the ball,great ball by luis.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #704 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:47 pm »
Give it a rest, please. It's not going to change anything. We lost because we were shit for the majority of the match, not because we were cheated.

This.
We're going to win the league.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: May 5, 2012, 08:26:52 pm »

What are you doing with your hands there Aki?

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #706 on: May 5, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »
Theres a million reasons to still cover Dalglish you fucking gobshite.

Yes, there's a million reasons and more to love kk. As a player, as a player-manager, as a manager, as a man, as an man who embodies the spirit of lfc.

But as a manager today, in 2012, he needs to face his critics. Our players of the month, AC, is left on the bench.
We start with wingers - no one in the box. We play the long ball - pointless.
This was the worst chelsea team in a decade, and we start with 1 up front.
We bring on the striker that kk signs for 35mil and suddenly we're all over them.
I want order brought to the chaos of lfc. A Rafa or Rafa-like figure is needed, back stage or out front.
Today just showed that we are at the crossroads. Next season we will be Leeds or on the road to lfc of old. After today, is kk the man to guide is?
I say, no. 

SOS member 7832

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #707 on: May 5, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »
Our lads sang our national anthem loud and proud. YNWA!

;D Scouse not English
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #708 on: May 5, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »
someone answer me something, why do you take bellamy off for dirk and not downing? you remove someone who's been a goal threat every time he's played for us this season, yet leave the abject, wasteful shithouse excuse for a winger that is stuart downing on the pitch? why do you do this.

Because bellamy looked fucked and downing didnt.

The possibility of eccy time had to be taken into consideration.

Just common sense really.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: May 5, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »
If there was a camera in line with the post rather than offset by 5 degrees then there would be conclusive proof. In absence of that you'll have to be more imaginative!

absolutely! but using your imagination doesn't provide  the evidence required to be conclusive either way...

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »
If you're not residing in the UK and don't have Legend status...you cannot make comments about Kenny's job or tactics apparently lol.
I really don't want to be rude but Kenny was carrying the club and city on his shoulders when your mother was winding you over her shoulder, have a bit of fuckin respect lad.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #711 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »
At least the nightmare of Torres scoring the winner didnt happen
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #712 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
What are you doing with your hands there Aki?

Hmm, I don't think she's his type.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Online KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

And as for the booing of the national anthem, that was beyond disgraceful!

I booed with pride at showing what we think of this country that has fucked the city of Liverpool over many s times.
AMF

Offline R_Ferns

• Kemlynite
« Reply #714 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »
Just show some respect with your views though.

When did I say anything disrespectful? It's not like I called him fu*king useless is it? I just think that it's time for a change as we aren't progressing. I didn't realising that that was being disrespectful...
"I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Brendan Rodgers

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: May 5, 2012, 08:28:57 pm »
Hmm, I don't think she's his type.

She wouldn't be.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: May 5, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »
I hope you enjoy polishing your medal Fernando
His contribution to their victory cannot be under-estimated.

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #717 on: May 5, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »
Can't beleive most fans are not upset about that decision if it is given we win the cup.

No, again. We don't win the Cup if the Goal is given. We get a chance, yes.

You would be equally upset if the situation was switched and Chelsea got awarded the goal there.

You'd see the same exact pictures that are all over this thread with people saying "See! It's not in! It's no conclusive!"

Just. Stop. We Lost.
We're going to win the league.

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #718 on: May 5, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »
Shit for 60 minutes or not the game should of went to extra time ah well fuck it now.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #719 on: May 5, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »
So it's acceptable to finish 8th?

We may finished 7th, the same as the last 2 seasons, we've played teams off the park this season with no reward.

I'm convinced Kenny will put it right next season, with the addition of 2 or 3 new players.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)