Author Topic: A Message to John Henry  (Read 119469 times)

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
Re: A Message to John Henry
« Reply #1000 on: December 31, 2010, 04:03:40 pm »

Signed - can't contemplate the future with the present Manager

Offline Steeco

• Kemlynite
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #1001 on: December 31, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »
Signed.
Sad that we have to resort to this but unfortunately necessary.

Offline MonkeyL42

• Kemlynite
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #1002 on: December 31, 2010, 04:25:08 pm »
have you not heard ? one of the best managers in the world lives on the Wirral and is available right now. You understand why they have to take time over making a decision?, well seeing as they are supposed to be top business people I wonder about that, you see the list of people not wanting Roy as our manager has grown steadily from his first day in office. NESV knew this from the start (when the SLFC lads went to meet John Henry) That list now stands at about 100% give or take a few mentally challenged. We do not have a devine right to stay in the Pemiere League and anymore losses in the next group of fixtures could see us battling to survive, maybe Mr Henry has heard of the parachute payment and wouldn't mind us dropping down a league, he would reduce the wage bill drastically and no blame could be laid at his door.

If the above scenario is believable, I think Rafa would love the challenge

Slim to zero chance they'd consider him IMO. Anyone who could/would challenge their leadership would be far too much of a liability in their eyes regardless of on pitch success. Shame. As for relegation it'd be ironic if we went down and Leeds came up.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #1003 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:28 pm »

If my opinion is of value to you - Rafa Benitez is 110% the right guy to take us forward.

This decision  you are about to make needs you to be clear in your own mind - so much of what you currently know comes from other people's opinions - with discretion you should meet with him - think you will find you have a lot in common - back your own judgement - it has served you well in the past
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:44:55 pm by PaulD »

Offline ynwabuckeye

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1004 on: December 31, 2010, 04:38:16 pm »
Signed.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #1005 on: December 31, 2010, 05:25:52 pm »
Signed

Offline Chazz

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1006 on: December 31, 2010, 06:07:54 pm »
signed

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: December 31, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »
signed.

Offline Scorpio68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1008 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:27 pm »
Signed

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1009 on: December 31, 2010, 08:09:55 pm »
It's time to draw a line under Hodgson's tenure as manager.

There is no hint of progress in how we're playing. There is no hint of awareness that setting us up to play like relegation battlers will result in us battling relegation. There is no hope of any bond developing after six months of demonstrating just how he is floundering as a manager at this club.

We'd hoped at worst for some stability, a short-term appointment to steady the ship. Mr.Hodgson has underperformed even to that very limited expectation.

It's time to bring in a man with the board's full backing to prepare the ground for a new long-term appointment or even to be given a chance to shine til the end of the season and take the job himself. It's time to give us someone we can support as he makes difficult decisions over the playing staff.

The pact was irremediably broken by Mr.Hodgson's comments after the Wolves match. There will be no repair of that. Even silverware will not save him from the effects of being so shockingly inept at talking to the supporters of this club.

It is time to thank Mr.Hodgson for trying, and it is time to recommend he resign rather than forcing the board to sack him for being the worst manager we've had since Shankly insisted that the manager be the one to pick the team.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
« Reply #1010 on: December 31, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »
signed.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1011 on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:22 pm »
We have all signed it but will John Henry see it?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: December 31, 2010, 11:24:44 pm »
It's pretty obvious that Hodgson is going to be sacked. The problem is getting in his replacement. Bar Rafa the likes of Deschamps & Boas are not going to leave their posts, if at all, till end of season. The delay leads me to believe that Rafas not their number 1, however as more and more pressure mounts for NSEV to take immediate action does anyone think that they will appoint Rafa and be done with it? They only reason I can see them not bringing him back is that they think he could be dangerous to them but surely he's only dangerous if they're lying duplicitous c*nts like the last lot. If they're going to be decent honourable custodians I can't see how Rafa would be a danger to them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:28:56 pm by bobadicious »
Football is a lie

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #1013 on: January 1, 2011, 12:51:38 am »
It's pretty obvious that Hodgson is going to be sacked. The problem is getting in his replacement. Bar Rafa the likes of Deschamps & Boas are not going to leave their posts, if at all, till end of season. The delay leads me to believe that Rafas not their number 1, however as more and more pressure mounts for NSEV to take immediate action does anyone think that they will appoint Rafa and be done with it? They only reason I can see them not bringing him back is that they think he could be dangerous to them but surely he's only dangerous if they're lying duplicitous c*nts like the last lot. If they're going to be decent honourable custodians I can't see how Rafa would be a danger to them.

They are not going to consider Rafa because although he is lionised on RAWK (myself included) he still splits opinion in our support in general. So forget Rafa, it won't happen this time round. We need a new face everyone can get behind and banish the splits currently evident in the club.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1014 on: January 1, 2011, 02:52:42 am »
They are not going to consider Rafa because although he is lionised on RAWK (myself included) he still splits opinion in our support in general. So forget Rafa, it won't happen this time round. We need a new face everyone can get behind and banish the splits currently evident in the club.
Agreed although it would seem that Rafa is more popular amongst our support now than he was this time last year,  its funny how Hodgson has given some people a bit of perspective if nothing else.

P.S
Signed

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: January 1, 2011, 03:53:06 am »
yes signed.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: January 1, 2011, 04:55:52 am »

i'd assume so, but somehow i'm losing confidence in the new ownership team. i would assume the best reason that Roy has stayed as long as he has is that Henry and gang believes that Roy is the best interim manager available.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 04:58:31 am by i_wun_bite »

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1017 on: January 1, 2011, 04:58:54 am »
I don't even think Rafa is in their list. For every RAWK, there's TLW.

Offline Kennys Right Boot

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1018 on: January 1, 2011, 05:04:29 am »
i'd assume so, but somehow i'm losing confidence in the new ownership team.

Thats harsh. Ayres is still there as is Purslow in an advisors role otherwise the others are learning. A+P arent going to admit THEY made a mistake with Roy...

No doubt the boards first priority is to get a grip of the finances and allocate funds against a 5 year plan and taking any immediate action might be thought as costly and counter productive before bringing in a new manager.

I have full confidence in the new owners, its the manager and players that arent supporting them, rather than the owners fault.
"Behind closed doors I quite like arguing,” smiles Clarke. “That’s my style as an assistant. If you have two people with the same ideas it doesn’t work." 

Are all Jocks narky?

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1019 on: January 1, 2011, 05:05:49 am »

he's too busy with the Sox

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1020 on: January 1, 2011, 05:08:37 am »
have you not heard ? one of the best managers in the world lives on the Wirral and is available right now. You understand why they have to take time over making a decision?, well seeing as they are supposed to be top business people I wonder about that, you see the list of people not wanting Roy as our manager has grown steadily from his first day in office. NESV knew this from the start (when the SLFC lads went to meet John Henry) That list now stands at about 100% give or take a few mentally challenged. We do not have a devine right to stay in the Pemiere League and anymore losses in the next group of fixtures could see us battling to survive, maybe Mr Henry has heard of the parachute payment and wouldn't mind us dropping down a league, he would reduce the wage bill drastically and no blame could be laid at his door.

If the above scenario is believable, I think Rafa would love the challenge

Agree with everything except the last bit. If NESV allow Roy to get us relegated while they take their sweet time I fear they'll face just as much backlash as the cancers. Blame would be put on them for not making a change when the situation was still fixable. If they don't want to hire Rafa then those of us who feel he's the best fit will have to accept that, myself included, but they need to make a change sooner than later or their "grace period" will be tossed right out the window.

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1021 on: January 1, 2011, 05:11:35 am »
We KNEW that Hicks and Gillet did massive damage to our club, lets not start blaming the new owners.
We have to unravel and resolve the problems caused by H&G and it takes time.
"Behind closed doors I quite like arguing,” smiles Clarke. “That’s my style as an assistant. If you have two people with the same ideas it doesn’t work." 

Are all Jocks narky?

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: January 1, 2011, 05:36:39 am »
Signed, but next appointment is crucial, defining.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1023 on: January 1, 2011, 06:07:22 am »
We KNEW that Hicks and Gillet did massive damage to our club, lets not start blaming the new owners.
We have to unravel and resolve the problems caused by H&G and it takes time.

I agree but do you honestly think people won't have a go at them if the unthinkable happens and they procrastinated on our current situation?

I'm telling if we even look like going down in the next few months people are going to turn on them extremely fast.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1024 on: January 1, 2011, 06:11:12 am »
Actually, contrary to what some of us might think, Rafa IS the safest choice. We know exactly what we are going to get from him. Put him on a 2 year contract, back him to the tilt in the transfer market, and more likely than not, we will be back amongst the top again.

I'm not Rafa's brigade to begin with.

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1025 on: January 1, 2011, 06:14:05 am »
In such case that would say more about the lack of realism amongst the fans than the abilities of the owners.

BTW happy new year to all.  :wave

Are all Jocks narky?

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: January 1, 2011, 06:14:28 am »
Actually, contrary to what some of us might think, Rafa IS the safest choice. We know exactly what we are going to get from him. Put him on a 2 year contract, back him to the tilt in the transfer market, and more likely than not, we will be back amongst the top again.

I'm not Rafa's brigade to begin with.

I agree that he is the safest choice..but don't you think he deserves a bit of a break?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1027 on: January 1, 2011, 06:17:44 am »
I agree that he is the safest choice..but don't you think he deserves a bit of a break?

He lives and breathes football. He's got Liverpool running in his blood. You don't think it pains him to see the Club in such bad shape ? You don't think he looks at all these as a Liverpool supporter ? The only difference between him and us is that he has the ability to help the Club. We can only bitch about it.

The man has his flaws, and i fault him for some of his handling. But there is no doubt at all he loves Liverpool Football Club.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1028 on: January 1, 2011, 06:33:39 am »
He lives and breathes football. He's got Liverpool running in his blood. You don't think it pains him to see the Club in such bad shape ? You don't think he looks at all these as a Liverpool supporter ? The only difference between him and us is that he has the ability to help the Club. We can only bitch about it.

The man has his flaws, and i fault him for some of his handling. But there is no doubt at all he loves Liverpool Football Club.

We know this my friend but the problem is that NESV seem to have inherited their opinion of him from Purslow. We all know Purslow is a c*nt of the highest order but NESV don't. To them he helped them achieve their goal of purchasing us at the cut price. I feel as they're in a precarious position, because while Kenny and Rafa are staring them in the face, they're afraid of both of them and I can understand why. Kenny holds too much sway for us fans, Rafa also has a good bunch of support and even those who don't have him as their #1 are coming round to him as the best available option. Both men would be able to challenge their authority and it's safer for them to hire someone else. Their problem is that they others aren't readily available and the longer they wait the bigger mess the new man inherits.

At the end of the day, they need to act quickly whatever they choose. All we can do from our position is hope and pray they get it right.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1029 on: January 1, 2011, 06:38:50 am »
Signed.
Roy out!NOW!

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1030 on: January 1, 2011, 06:46:09 am »
Dear Mr John Henry.

I am Manhattan. Don't be afraid, I'm not dangerous.

I believe a change in team management is required.

Thankyou.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #1031 on: January 1, 2011, 06:46:51 am »
Signed. Get rid.
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline LFCncRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #1032 on: January 1, 2011, 07:00:31 am »
Signed.

And agree,

If my opinion is of value to you - Rafa Benitez is 110% the right guy to take us forward.

This decision  you are about to make needs you to be clear in your own mind - so much of what you currently know comes from other people's opinions - with discretion you should meet with him - think you will find you have a lot in common - back your own judgement - it has served you well in the past
We have to change from doubters to believers. Now!

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #1033 on: January 1, 2011, 07:09:11 am »
We know this my friend but the problem is that NESV seem to have inherited their opinion of him from Purslow. We all know Purslow is a c*nt of the highest order but NESV don't. To them he helped them achieve their goal of purchasing us at the cut price. I feel as they're in a precarious position, because while Kenny and Rafa are staring them in the face, they're afraid of both of them and I can understand why. Kenny holds too much sway for us fans, Rafa also has a good bunch of support and even those who don't have him as their #1 are coming round to him as the best available option. Both men would be able to challenge their authority and it's safer for them to hire someone else. Their problem is that they others aren't readily available and the longer they wait the bigger mess the new man inherits.

At the end of the day, they need to act quickly whatever they choose. All we can do from our position is hope and pray they get it right.

How many times to NESV have to hint about poor short term decision making at the club in the last year before you click and realise who was making those decisions and so whom they are implicitly criticising each time?

I despise the poison dwarf and I don't think we should be allowing him to attend games at Anfield but I don't fear that he has the ear of NESV.  Not at all.  The thing is there will be plenty of people advising them not to bring Rafa back without Purslow opening is deceiver's mouth. As Nocturnalvin said for every RAWK there is a TLW.  For every Al555 there is a Xerxes1.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1034 on: January 1, 2011, 07:48:06 am »
How many times to NESV have to hint about poor short term decision making at the club in the last year before you click and realise who was making those decisions and so whom they are implicitly criticising each time?

I despise the poison dwarf and I don't think we should be allowing him to attend games at Anfield but I don't fear that he has the ear of NESV.  Not at all.  The thing is there will be plenty of people advising them not to bring Rafa back without Purslow opening is deceiver's mouth. As Nocturnalvin said for every RAWK there is a TLW.  For every Al555 there is a Xerxes1.

Kev, I respect your opinion and I hope to Christ you're right, but I believe they mean G&H moreso than Purslow when it comes to those short term decisions you speak of. You are definitely right that others will be briefing them against Rafa as well, but I don't have the same faith you do that they're not listening to Purslow. They have reasons to see him in a different light than we do. Yourself, me, and nocturnal navin as well as many others are all entrenched in the same camp for the most part, it's not very often I've seen any of us disagree, all the same I do fear Purslow may have more of an "advisory role" than we would like, Werner's comments on the phone-in point to that.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 07:50:03 am by saintslfc13 »

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1035 on: January 1, 2011, 07:53:08 am »
Kev, I respect your opinion and I hope to Christ you're right, but I believe they mean G&H moreso than Purslow when it comes to those short term decisions you speak of. You are definitely right that others will be briefing them against Rafa as well, but I don't have the same faith you do that they're not listening to Purslow. They have reasons to see him in a different light than we do. Yourself, me, and nocturnal navin as well as many others are all entrenched in the same camp for the most part, it's not very often I've seen any of us disagree, all the same I do fear Purslow may have more of an "advisory role" than we would like, Werner's comments on the phone-in point to that.

The calculated guess is though, if they do rate Purslow input as of that much importance, they would have rejected his resignation. There were comments made about recent deals that CP made, and the owners openly made known that they are not deals that are in line with their vision. I am not as worried as you are regarding CP. As Kev said, they would have heard much about Rafa's flaws already.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1036 on: January 1, 2011, 08:00:57 am »
The calculated guess is though, if they do rate Purslow input as of that much importance, they would have rejected his resignation. There were comments made about recent deals that CP made, and the owners openly made known that they are not deals that are in line with their vision. I am not as worried as you are regarding CP. As Kev said, they would have heard much about Rafa's flaws already.

Fair enough to you both as you bring valid points which I know to be true, for me I guess it's moreso that if they don't value his opinion, why haven't they done the obvious and snatched up Rafa? I know I've highlighted reasons they'd be afraid to give him the job, but surely if they have the best interests of Liverpool Football Club at heart they'd take a punt at the man or Kenny. Based on the sheer incompetence of G&H and Purslow's football credibility they'd surely know Rafa was undermined and could do a job with the right people in charge of things. In short I'd have to say, what has to happen for them to realise that the best two candidates for the job are sitting on Merseyside right now. Happy New Year to both from the states by the way, here's hoping 2011 is better for all of us as Liverpool supporters.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1037 on: January 1, 2011, 08:05:43 am »
Fair enough to you both as you bring valid points which I know to be true, for me I guess it's moreso that if they don't value his opinion, why haven't they done the obvious and snatched up Rafa? I know I've highlighted reasons they'd be afraid to give him the job, but surely if they have the best interests of Liverpool Football Club at heart they'd take a punt at the man or Kenny. Based on the sheer incompetence of G&H and Purslow's football credibility they'd surely know Rafa was undermined and could do a job with the right people in charge of things. In short I'd have to say, what has to happen for them to realise that the best two candidates for the job are sitting on Merseyside right now. Happy New Year to both from the states by the way, here's hoping 2011 is better for all of us as Liverpool supporters.

you are directly linking the non-appointment of Rafa to the strength of CP's influence on the current regime. That's pure speculation, but of course its also pure guesswork that we don't think CP has much voice where footballing matters are concerned.

If anything, both camps of the Rafa issue would have at least one thing in common. CP screwed up in the appointment of Roy and in many of the transfer dealings.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1038 on: January 1, 2011, 08:11:39 am »
you are directly linking the non-appointment of Rafa to the strength of CP's influence on the current regime. That's pure speculation, but of course its also pure guesswork that we don't think CP has much voice where footballing matters are concerned.

If anything, both camps of the Rafa issue would have at least one thing in common. CP screwed up in the appointment of Roy and in many of the transfer dealings.

Yes we're both speculating and unfortunately speculation is never definitive. At the same time I think the three of us are in the same camp, it's moreso that I'm just more paranoid about Cecil than you two. In any case we should see some action soon. As I said I hope you're right. If Roy loses today then surely something has to give, whether Rafa, Kenny or someone else we all want comes in remains to be seen.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: January 1, 2011, 08:40:56 am »
This letter is getting broadsheet coverage...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343189/Roy-Hodgsons-days-Liverpool-numbered-owners-plan-life-him.html

An online petition asking FSG principal John W Henry to sack Hodgson had more than 12,000 signatures last night, while the respected website Red And White Kop also published an open letter to Henry pleading for Hodgson’s removal.