Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54631 times)

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »
Looks promising. Animations still look way off what they should be though. Something still doesn't look quite right with the crossing and shooting.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2011, 05:24:48 pm »
A lot of the early playtests have said that the shooting is a bit lacklustre so far - three months until release, though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
Looks like a definite improvement. Also they've added manual passing (not crossing and shooting sadly) which is great.
Between FIFA and PES together there is a perfect footy game, sadly one can't seem to do basic AI and football right and another is some way behind in animations and licences.
Ah well..

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2011, 03:34:53 pm »
Unfortunately some of the noise i am hearing is, although an improvement, defence lacks intelligence, the goalkeepers are poor and the shooting is a bit floaty.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2011, 03:36:19 pm »
would love this to be good, fancy a change from fifa, not because im not enjoying it, just that i would love a change

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2011, 03:47:03 pm »
Unfortunately some of the noise i am hearing is, although an improvement, defence lacks intelligence, the goalkeepers are poor and the shooting is a bit floaty.

Thats where FIFA falls over as well imo

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2011, 03:50:28 pm »
Looked ok in those clips, definitely an improvement.
I have fair amount of hope for both games, PES because they have been working on important things and EA because they've added sliders so I can fix their mess myself.

Online DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »
Thats where FIFA falls over as well imo

Not on manual

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2011, 04:16:42 pm »
Not on manual

YUP! Exactly right. Brilliant on manual.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »
Will the online game be improved?
Konami is remaining tight-lipped about the online mode but expect online Master League to return. We're also hoping any lag issues are ironed out, but again we won't know for sure until the game is release.

you mean there were still lag issues in the last one?

:lmao

and it might not be fixed this time either by the sounds of it.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2011, 04:20:19 am »
Messi No Longer PES Cover Star

Konami announce new star to lead new PES.

I bit gutted here, I must admit. Messi has been the cover star for PES since PES 2009, and over the years has been regarded as the best player in the world.

So it’s a bit of a shock to read in the press release that he’s no longer going to be the face of PES:

“This is the start of a major new era for PES,” added Murphy. “In the coming weeks we will detail more on how the ever-popular Master League has evolved, and will be unveiling the new face of the series. With PES moving ever upwards, it is time for an equally high profile and skilled cover star. The new player has all the attributes of the new game, in that he is a strong all-rounder, skillful, fast, and capable of making magic happen on-field. We have had a wonderful three years working so closely with Lionel Messi and thank him for his efforts and support. He has been key in the evolution of the series, and we wish him all the best.”

So long Lionel, it’s been great. *sheds tear*

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/messi-no-longer-pes-cover-star/

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2011, 04:22:30 am »
PES 2012 Off The Ball Controls Videos!

Konami have released a new video, detailing the off the ball controls.

Not wanting to copy paste FIFA’s trigger run feature, Konami have taken the idea and added a personal touch on the element many people wanted to see introduced. Below is a video detailing just how they managed it.

Also, below the video read the entire press release!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnDtf3PyI7c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TnDtf3PyI7c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JF3eLatNOqw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JF3eLatNOqw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=</a>

PES 2012: The Ultimate in Player Control
KONAMI’s innovative Teammate Control allows users to move two players at once

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has unveiled additions to PES 2012 that will give users more control over the on-field action than in any football game to date. The new Teammate Control system – which gives users complete control over secondary players while the runner has the ball – represent an astonishing advance for the series.

KONAMI has previously outlined Off The Ball control, an all-new player select system wherein any player can be targeted and controlled as a set piece is taken or while defending. But Teammate Control will give PES 2012 players total freedom in all areas. The Teammate Control system works in two ways, with users pressing the right analogue stick in the direction of the player they wish to control. The Assisted mode allows the user to activate a second player by depressing the R3 button, and allows users to get to grips with the greater level of control via effective running movements. Greater control is offered by the Manual mode, wherein the user has complete freedom of movement of the second player, and can make shuttle runs, find space, and shake off markers before calling for the pass from the player still with the ball. The player will then revert to computer control when the R3 button is released, and can also be used to override any AI runs the player wants to cancel. Both can be affected at any time, so players can make moves without waiting for a pass to be completed.

PES 2012 has already added a wealth of new AI elements to ensure that its on-field action truly reflects that of football at the highest level. The Active AI system ensures that players track attackers more effectively, but without compromising the shape of the team, while one-on-one situations offer greater control as defenders press and jostle to win the ball, as attackers can use upper body feints and movements to bypass and wrong-foot their man.

Series Producer Shingo ‘Seabass’ Takatsuka and his Tokyo-based team have also confirmed a secondary batch of welcome additions, many of which have been added following consultation with PES and football fans from all over the world. Penalties in PES 2012, for instance, have been completely reworked and now use a camera from behind the taker, with players determining the position, power and placement of each kick. Shooting has also been enhanced, with the various attributes of each player taken into account with the timing, pace of the ball and position of the striker’s body to the ball coming into effect to produce less wild, ballooned efforts. Shot feints also return, with player moving so the goalie commits to the save, whilst the player can reposition for a clearer effort.

Alongside these additions to shooting movement and reaction everywhere else has also been greatly enhanced. Valuable time has been shaved from player reactions, and overall improvements to the animation via flow-block motions and changes to the player hit point elements have led to a three-frame improvement in response times, meaning players are quicker to chase down balls, amend and tailor their run, or take on a defender. The speed with which players turn has also been streamlined, making quick movements more fluid and natural. Vitally, control is no longer totally lost when losing possession of the ball, with players recovering quickly when stumbling to reclaim the ball, or close the ground when tracking back.

All skills can also now be refined in the return of the much loved ‘Challenge Training’ mode. A hugely popular part of PES lore, Challenge Training gives the player a series of tough tests which they can use to hone various skills. The mode allows users to work hard on their attacking and defending skills to improve their main game. Similarly, there are dribbling tests and set-piece challenges that necessitate hitting a series of targets, and punishing shooting tasks are used to push the player as they put in the hours that will make all the difference on field.

The aesthetic style of PES 2012 has also been refined further, with the overall movement of the players now more fluid than ever, with animations segueing into each other effortlessly and incredible attention to detail. Such is the level of graphical finesses that you can see players sweating, their neck muscles tensing as they call for the ball and bark orders to each other, and the muscles in their mouths and around their eyes contract to show the emotions the players are experiencing. This is further enhanced via dynamic lighting in the game which creates shadow and reflects from their eyes in true real-time. In keeping with the game’s exclusive use of the UEFA Champions LeagueTM and UEFA Europa LeagueTM licenses, referees governing such matches will also wear the official UEFA Champions LeagueTM uniforms.

Attention to detail also extends to the circumstances surrounding each match. Players limber up before a match, groundsmen prepare the surface as the players wait in the tunnel, while managers can be seen patrolling the touchline as camera cranes pan to cover the action. The players also pick up the ball in readiness of a throw-in, and general physicality is enhanced, with players reacting to how they are challenged, stumbling or falling depending on the severity of the tackle.

“The addition of Teammate Control is something we have been working on for a while now, and we are delighted that it will make its debut in PES 2012,” commented Jon Murphy, European PES Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We have been building to create a control system that truly lets the player do whatever they like on field, and the ability to manually control a second player while simultaneously running with the ball opens all kinds of attacking options. Coupled with the Active AI advancements that ensure supporting players make shuttle run and find space, and I think we have made a huge step towards producing the most advanced football title to date.”

“This is the start of a major new era for PES,” added Murphy. “In the coming weeks we will detail more on how the ever-popular Master League has evolved, and will be unveiling the new face of the series. With PES moving ever upwards, it is time for an equally high profile and skilled cover star. The new player has all the attributes of the new game, in that he is a strong all-rounder, skillful, fast, and capable of making magic happen on-field. We have had a wonderful three years working so closely with Lionel Messi and thank him for his efforts and support. He has been key in the evolution of the series, and we wish him all the best.”

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2012-off-the-ball-controls-videos/

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2011, 08:18:03 am »
Suarez or Tevez?

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2011, 11:30:16 am »
looks better, looking forward to the demo as usual

hopefully this year will be the breakthrough although i wont get too excited as i am usually let down

the videos look impressive, movement of the players was a big letdown in the last game, so thats a big plus, it also looks like you can run with the ball on this one, where as 2011 you were running through thick semen

time will tell

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2011, 11:33:21 am »
dont know if its been posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMueBETMRPE

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2011, 02:19:13 pm »
Had an opportunity to playtest this in Manchester today but couldn't make it; compromise with my gf, as I am going to Anfield on Saturday for the Valencia game so swings!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2011, 02:19:43 pm »
Had an opportunity to playtest this in Manchester today but couldn't make it; compromise with my gf, as I am going to Anfield on Saturday for the Valencia game so swings!

you big girl

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 1, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »
Lots of news coming on this title very soon. 99% good news. Playtest feedback first then....announcements from Konami which are pretty cool but under embargo.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 1, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »
When will that be messias?
Where to check for news?
Did you play it?
Is it smoother?
Can you outrun defenders?

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #219 on: August 1, 2011, 10:31:53 pm »

How old are you, you massive massive vagina?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 1, 2011, 10:37:17 pm »
 ;D  check in the usual places, you won't have long to wait. I haven't played the game because of the aforementioned vagina issues; am told its very smooth and AI is very very good.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #221 on: August 2, 2011, 06:42:50 am »
Any word on the PL licensed clubs? Would be great to have Liverpool as the non Manchester United team again ;D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 2, 2011, 07:31:29 am »
Any word on the PL licensed clubs? Would be great to have Liverpool as the non Manchester United team again ;D

Too lazy to update files yourself ? ;)

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #223 on: August 2, 2011, 08:59:58 am »
Too lazy to update files yourself ? ;)

I rock PESedit as soon as they release them.

Still, licensing means Anfield is in the game and they might have some extra commentary about us.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 2, 2011, 09:29:09 am »
I really don't get why can't both games have licences?
NBA games have licences, why not football games.

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #225 on: August 2, 2011, 12:16:06 pm »
I really don't get why can't both games have licences?
NBA games have licences, why not football games.

It's because Konami are tight and EA are not.

Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 2, 2011, 12:20:46 pm »

You mean they should outbid EA or that for the same price both could have it?
I'd like to see both games fully licenced, more so PES because they've done such a great job with their Champions league licence.

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 2, 2011, 01:08:30 pm »
You mean they should outbid EA or that for the same price both could have it?
I'd like to see both games fully licenced, more so PES because they've done such a great job with their Champions league licence.

Both could have it, both have Serie A, La Liga etc it's just Konami are too tight to go for the lot whereas both EA sports and 2K entertainment go for the NBA licenses and get them.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2011, 01:11:50 pm by Chronic »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 2, 2011, 01:12:19 pm »
EA have a huge budget which far outweighs Konamis; to go with a far outselling game. The licensing is quite complicated but the main thing is there is community who make superb option files for the PES games, often on day one of release.

« Last Edit: August 2, 2011, 01:19:09 pm by lionel_messias »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 2, 2011, 01:15:19 pm »
Bad business choice methinks if that is so.
They should invest in advertising as there is little left of their former glory to feed on.
Oh and they should really allow you to have 3-5 lower leagues in Master league and progress through them.

Looking forward to new info at midnight (if I understood correctly).

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 2, 2011, 01:29:33 pm »

It can't be Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City as they all have exclusivity deals with FIFA.  So its probably either us or Tottenham. 

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #231 on: August 2, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »

Rubbish - it's because the Premier League is an absolute commercial juggernaut globally and they are well aware that by trading exclusive rights they can demand a higher price than would be possible if they were spreading the license over a handful of various football games.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 2, 2011, 03:03:09 pm »
If Konami brought back Random Selection Match I'd be seriously tempted to get this instead of Fifa. Absolutely loved that option on Pro Evo 6.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #233 on: August 2, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »
If Konami brought back Random Selection Match I'd be seriously tempted to get this instead of Fifa. Absolutely loved that option on Pro Evo 6.

Was that the mode where it randomly selected 3/4 teams and you had to select a squad from the list of players?

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 2, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »
Was that the mode where it randomly selected 3/4 teams and you had to select a squad from the list of players?

Yea it was class

If it was today you'd have Liverpool, Napoli, Santos, Valencia and your team would be someting like Cavani, Suarez, Carroll, Neymar, Mata, Ganso, Banega, Dossena, Carragher, Cannavaro, etc

Boss little addition.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 2, 2011, 03:21:33 pm »
Yea it was class

If it was today you'd have Liverpool, Napoli, Santos, Valencia and your team would be someting like Cavani, Suarez, Carroll, Neymar, Mata, Ganso, Banega, Dossena, Carragher, Cannavaro, etc

Boss little addition.

Yep - don't know why they took it away, surely they must have known it was popular and made it different to Fifa in a good way.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 2, 2011, 04:07:47 pm »
Yea it was class

Boss little addition.

I totally forgot about that! I fucking loved it!

Offline Dave Skywalker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 2, 2011, 04:18:18 pm »
I never knew that mode. Going to stick it in now and have a go.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #238 on: August 2, 2011, 04:19:48 pm »
I totally forgot about that! I fucking loved it!

The gameplay back then was even better than it was now!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 2, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »
Buying this and FIFA this year, ain't had PES since 2009 and I only really play FIFA so havin 2 Footy games to play instead of 1 is obviously better.