Author Topic: RIP Cilla Black  (Read 20298 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RIP Cilla Black
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2015, 02:46:27 am »
To be absolutely honest, I'm not arsed about Cilla in the least, but I've taken on board a few lovely posts from Timbo and Kinki that may have given another side of the story. I have to say though, my ma is from Burly, and lets just say that I'm happy with the principles that she taught me, which are entirely at odds with those I've read about Cilla Black.

What I am fucked off about is this whole Dianafication of Britain with it's almost state funerals for the gossip mag generation that we've sleepwalked into. Oh do us a favour and get ter fuck. Celebrity funerals and accidents are the new celebrity weddings aren't they? I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a picture of fucking Les Dennis and his new squeeze, or Christopher Maloney and his nan, in next month's OK Magazine with their "I was at Cilla's funeral" story. It sticks in my fucking craw that things like this, things like the other gormless c*nt having a new baby (that'll be second to the throne and end up in a life of privilege, dressed like a Nazi and snorting coke off a stripper's arse cheeks) are turned into this whole media and celebrity circus these days. And all because of some bevvied Frenchie wrapping a Merc round a lamp post with some loony toons, conspiracy theorist in the back seat, who couldn't handle not being a real queen so kissed a few babies with Aids to show how "real" she was and how much she cared. Cared my fucking arse. The only thing she cared about was getting dropped out the spotlight like that other toe jobbing fat useless c*nt who divorced Prince Questionable Age.

The country is up the fucking wall, society has gone to shite, the poor, sick and elderly are being treated like an inconvenience. Yet the media, the right wing controlled media no less, who ended up sleepwalking a gang of fucking divvy lemmings of a cliff into the mouths of a Thatcherite worshipping Tory government, feed them the bread and circuses of a celebrity funeral to distract them, while the government rob them of billions with a cheap sell off of RBS shares and refuse to pay for a wonder drug that helps cure Hepatitis C, because, well, who gives a fucking toss whether a few thousand smackheads, brasses, rentboys and alcies die every year? Turning out for the fucking Lord Mayor's Ball, but couldn't be arsed turning out for a general election, and then complaining that society is fucked, family allowance and housing benefit have been slashed and you've got to work 30 hours a week unpaid to claim 50 odd nicker in dole. Priorities are all just fucked up.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2015, 08:43:01 am »
So you will be watching or you won't be watching Macca?

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2015, 01:15:54 pm »
Just saw the daily fail's photos of the 'celebs' and people throwing roses on the hearse.

And the BBC were reporting live.

I just don't get how you could watch a funeral procession and react like that for someone you never knew who would not have pissed on you if you were on fire.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:46:42 pm by alfonso »
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »
Just saw the daily fail's photos of the 'celebs' and people throwing roses on the hearse.

And the BBC were reporting live.

I just don't get how you could watch a funeral procession and react like that for someone you never knew who would not have pissed on you if you were on fire.

Agreed, I find it really fucking weird.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:23 pm »
RIP Cilla

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »
To be absolutely honest, I'm not arsed about Cilla in the least, but I've taken on board a few lovely posts from Timbo and Kinki that may have given another side of the story. I have to say though, my ma is from Burly, and lets just say that I'm happy with the principles that she taught me, which are entirely at odds with those I've read about Cilla Black.

What I am fucked off about is this whole Dianafication of Britain with it's almost state funerals for the gossip mag generation that we've sleepwalked into. Oh do us a favour and get ter fuck. Celebrity funerals and accidents are the new celebrity weddings aren't they? I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a picture of fucking Les Dennis and his new squeeze, or Christopher Maloney and his nan, in next month's OK Magazine with their "I was at Cilla's funeral" story. It sticks in my fucking craw that things like this, things like the other gormless c*nt having a new baby (that'll be second to the throne and end up in a life of privilege, dressed like a Nazi and snorting coke off a stripper's arse cheeks) are turned into this whole media and celebrity circus these days. And all because of some bevvied Frenchie wrapping a Merc round a lamp post with some loony toons, conspiracy theorist in the back seat, who couldn't handle not being a real queen so kissed a few babies with Aids to show how "real" she was and how much she cared. Cared my fucking arse. The only thing she cared about was getting dropped out the spotlight like that other toe jobbing fat useless c*nt who divorced Prince Questionable Age.

The country is up the fucking wall, society has gone to shite, the poor, sick and elderly are being treated like an inconvenience. Yet the media, the right wing controlled media no less, who ended up sleepwalking a gang of fucking divvy lemmings of a cliff into the mouths of a Thatcherite worshipping Tory government, feed them the bread and circuses of a celebrity funeral to distract them, while the government rob them of billions with a cheap sell off of RBS shares and refuse to pay for a wonder drug that helps cure Hepatitis C, because, well, who gives a fucking toss whether a few thousand smackheads, brasses, rentboys and alcies die every year? Turning out for the fucking Lord Mayor's Ball, but couldn't be arsed turning out for a general election, and then complaining that society is fucked, family allowance and housing benefit have been slashed and you've got to work 30 hours a week unpaid to claim 50 odd nicker in dole. Priorities are all just fucked up.

That's a glorious rant, well in.  I agree with nearly all of that, especially the bread and circuses/distraction from what really matters about our unequal society point....

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2015, 03:42:20 pm »

Wow - that phrase resonated with me.

I spent a huge chunk of the latter part of 1989 and again after jamie Bulger's death attempting to change that very mis-perception about Liverpool people via a torrent of letters to the media.

In those particular instances those representing your sort of stance were the outside world's media opinion mongers utterly bewildered [and in many instances quite angry and indignant] as to how come Liverpool people who weren't related to or didn't know any of the bereaved personally [little jamie included in the ensuing tragedy] could feel sufficiently moved to publically express sympathy by laying flowers at Anfield or at Crown Paints [the place beneath the railway where jamie was murdered]

The Evening Standard's headline was "PRIVATE GRIEF, PUBLIC CIRCUS"

So whilst I'm not sure anybody could argue that out and out sentimentality for its own self serving sake is in any way a good thing, the distinction between genuine empathy however seemingly disconnected an outsider might view it and sentimentality will always be a grey area. 

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »
A tragic death where a kid is killed or a disaster, I get why there is sympathy or empathy. But some celebrity who didn't seem to give flying fuck about her hometown?

It is not a Liverpool thing as the Diana death proved it back in the 90s.  But that is lost on those idiots who call us a self pity city.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2015, 04:39:30 pm »
It's moments like these that remind me why I married you.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2015, 05:18:44 pm »
A tragic death where a kid is killed or a disaster, I get why there is sympathy or empathy. But some celebrity who didn't seem to give flying fuck about her hometown?

It is not a Liverpool thing as the Diana death proved it back in the 90s.  But that is lost on those idiots who call us a self pity city.

With respect I think you're missing the point.

The nature of the death or who has died is irrelevant to the principle I'm making about the whole thing of making a judgement on the appropriateness of certain people's compulsion to display an outward show of caring.

The point is that back then in '89 [prior to Dianagate btw] certain folks both in the media and beyond deemed it soppy overt sentimentality for other folks [in that instance us lot] to show they cared about people they never actually knew and they heaped huge criticism upon us for so doing.

The fact is you're ostensibly doing a similar thing - albeit less scathingly and albeit in respect of an infinitely lesser occurrence - because you don't understand why simple ordinary folks feel compelled to display an empathy with a pop and TV icon who happens to come from their home city.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »
It's moments like these that remind me why I married you.

:lmao    :-*

With respect I think you're missing the point.

The nature of the death or who has died is irrelevant to the principle I'm making about the whole thing of making a judgement on the appropriateness of certain people's compulsion to display an outward show of caring.

The point is that back then in '89 [prior to Dianagate btw] certain folks both in the media and beyond deemed it soppy overt sentimentality for other folks [in that instance us lot] to show they cared about people they never actually knew and they heaped huge criticism upon us for so doing.

The fact is you're ostensibly doing a similar thing - albeit less scathingly and albeit in respect of an infinitely lesser occurrence - because you don't understand why simple ordinary folks feel compelled to display an empathy with a pop and TV icon who happens to come from their home city.

With respect to you Timbo, you know I love you mate, and your posts on this thread have given everybody some real food for thought. With respect though, I think you might be missing the point. The point is not about outpourings of empathy or sympathy; it's about that morbid curiosity of the macabre or the craning neck as you drive past a car crash. Just a few people, a street or a fair amount of a city can be united in grief for genuine tragedy, no matter on what scale that happens to be. Look at the Aberfan disaster in the 60's, John Lennon getting gunned down by a loon in 1980, a Scouser murdered in New York, but plenty of people went to St George's to hold a candlelight vigil, then look at the floods of donations that go to Oxfam or the Red Cross after a disaster on the other side of the world, with people who you'd never know and would never be affected by. All genuine moments of sympathy and empathy from strangers. People always have and always will react to that if they've got a shred of humanity in their body. But this has turned into having a fucking media jamboree rammed down people's throats, live web blogs to see what Cliff fucking Richard sings or what Mrs Merton is wearing. Are people really showing empathy or are they just displaying the same voyeuristic propensities about a funeral that a media circus has created, with as little empathy as they would with how many inches Jordan's snatch has dilated at the live webcam of her next baby's birth? They're not the same thing at all mate.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »
:lmao    :-*

With respect to you Timbo, you know I love you mate, and your posts on this thread have given everybody some real food for thought. With respect though, I think you might be missing the point. The point is not about outpourings of empathy or sympathy; it's about that morbid curiosity of the macabre or the craning neck as you drive past a car crash. Just a few people, a street or a fair amount of a city can be united in grief for genuine tragedy, no matter on what scale that happens to be. Look at the Aberfan disaster in the 60's, John Lennon getting gunned down by a loon in 1980, a Scouser murdered in New York, but plenty of people went to St George's to hold a candlelight vigil, then look at the floods of donations that go to Oxfam or the Red Cross after a disaster on the other side of the world, with people who you'd never know and would never be affected by. All genuine moments of sympathy and empathy from strangers. People always have and always will react to that if they've got a shred of humanity in their body. But this has turned into having a fucking media jamboree rammed down people's throats, live web blogs to see what Cliff fucking Richard sings or what Mrs Merton is wearing. Are people really showing empathy or are they just displaying the same voyeuristic propensities about a funeral that a media circus has created, with as little empathy as they would with how many inches Jordan's snatch has dilated at the live webcam of her next baby's birth? They're not the same thing at all mate.

I think you've answered the question yourself Macca.

Some people are maudlin morbid c*nts undoubtedly who 'get off' on joining in with this sort of thing. Just as there were - and still are - maudlin morbid c*nts who 'get off' over Hillsborough. On the other hand there are also genuine folks who 'lived through' the Cilla years and who hold a genuine heartfelt affection for a local iconic entertainment figure and simply wish to pay their respects. It's not for stupid self-righteous pompous c*nts like us lot on here to judge them no matter that some of those who are being judged may well not be genuine in their displays of affection. Just as it wasn't up to low life media opinion mongers to judge Liverpudlians. Live and let fucking live. These forums can be poisonous fucking places at times.

PS I should clarify the 'poisonous' term refers to another reds forum which has taken pompous snide cynicism over this matter to hitherto unprecedented levels.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:03:58 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2015, 07:46:04 pm »
I should add - I wasn't there with me red rose btw just in case anyone's getting the wrong impression. I can proudly say I've never bought a Cilla record in my life - though I do admit now in later life that she was a far better vocalist than I ever gave her credit for at the time. And again I shoul add that my opinion back then was very likely formed by those in the music media at the time denigrating her version of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin in comparison with The Righteous brothers version which as hindsight now allows us to see was one ridiculous fucking comparison given that the Righteous Brothers take is one of music's all time great recordings.

;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:00:35 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:33 pm »
So proud of being from Scotty her parade was in Woolton. That sentence in itself describes her. I'll leave it at that.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2015, 07:57:37 pm »
So proud of being from Scotty her parade was in Woolton. That sentence in itself describes her. I'll leave it at that.

I know, the folks on Scotty will be fucking gutted that Cilla decided to have it there. Thoughtless bitch.

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2015, 08:07:39 pm »
On a lighter note

Pete Price: We were life long friends

lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes: So how did you come to know Cilla?

Pete Price: We done panto together in 2008

:lmao

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2015, 08:30:05 pm »
I did watch Paul O'Grady's eulogy & sounds as though they all used to have a laugh when out on the razz together.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2017, 06:14:48 am »
The new statue, unveiled outside the cavern club yesterday, is truly appalling. Apart from the hair, it bears no resemblance to her whatsoever.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2017, 08:14:52 am »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2017, 08:51:02 am »
The new statue, unveiled outside the cavern club yesterday, is truly appalling. Apart from the hair, it bears no resemblance to her whatsoever.

Depends what era you remember her from....

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2017, 09:22:21 am »

Yes it does.  It is a statue in Mathew Street and is therefore showing her in the sixties.

edit:  Just seen Gulleysucker's post.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:24:07 am by In Fowler We Trust »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »
Yes it does.  It is a statue in Mathew Street and is therefore showing her in the sixties.
Each to their own, for me it is a poor likeness.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2017, 02:56:57 pm »

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »
It's the erectness of her left nipple which is bothering me the most.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2017, 04:12:09 pm »

You don't think it's accurate? ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »

Was a pretty chilly day on Mathew Street yesterday.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2017, 04:43:43 pm »
It's of her in the sixties but they chose to have a later nose, after surgery. I know this from seeing her son interviewed on the telly yesterday after the live unveiling by Pete Price.

It's probably covered in pigeon shit by now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:45:20 pm by cloggypop »

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »
Not seen it in the flesh yet, so to speak, so I'll reserve judgement until I've been down Mathew Street.

The one thing that is disconcerting though, is the length of the statue's fingers.

It's like something from Close Encounters of The Third Kind.   :o

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2017, 07:57:47 pm »
Not seen it in the flesh yet, so to speak, so I'll reserve judgement until I've been down Mathew Street.

The one thing that is disconcerting though, is the length of the statue's fingers.

It's like something from Close Encounters of The Third Kind.
   :o

The fingers are more like Nosferatu's.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2017, 11:57:35 pm »
Me ma has smashed it you know, about 6 months before Cilla died me ma started doing a Cilla tribute act and now shes absolutely inundated with bookings.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:27 am »

lovely rant that. all 100% spot on.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »
Fuck Off 2015 :no

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:19 am »
JFT 96

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2017, 11:50:45 am »

Missed this at the time macca but what an excellent rant. Brill.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:36 pm »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:52 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2017, 01:26:48 am »
From c*nt to something you wish you were to like a lick a c*nt. He truly is the son of God.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2017, 01:40:11 pm »
Hahahahahaha, fucking hell that banner.

Not wrong like, he's an opportunistic bellwhiff.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.