Author Topic: 5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister with gift rifle  (Read 9369 times)

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Well.. I don't know what to say.

http://rt.com/usa/boy-fatally-shoots-sister-686/

A 5-year old boy accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old sister in rural southern Kentucky with a rifle he had received a present last year, the local coroner said.

Police said the boy shot his sister with a .22-caliber rifle on Tuesday afternoon just moments after his mother stepped out onto the porch.

Their mother claims she had been gone for “no more than three minutes” when the incident transpired, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told WKYT-TV.

The girl was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was pronounced dead. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

White told local newspaper the Lexington Herald-Leader, that the boy had received the rifle as a gift. It was usually kept in a corner of the house, and no one realized a shell had been left inside.

"It's a Crickett," White said in reference to the rifle. "It's a little rifle for a kid….The little boy's used to shooting the little gun."

"Just one of those crazy accidents," he continued.

State police said the shooting occurred when the boy was “playing” with the rifle, but provided no further information.

It remains unclear if any charges will be filed, Kentucky State Police spokesman Trooper Billy Gregory said.

Keystone Sporting Arms, manufacturers the Crickett and an assortment of other products geared towards children.

The company’s slogan is “my first rifle” and its website boasts a “Kids Corner” section, which depicts young boys and girls at shooting ranges and on bird and deer hunts. 

The rifle is marketed by the company as a tool “to instill gun safety in the minds of youth shooters.”

Last month, 6-year-old Brandon Holt was shot in the head and killed by his four-year-old neighbor, who was playing with a .22 in the streets outside their homes in Toms River, New Jersey.

Meanwhile, Alaska State Troopers say an 8-year-old boy shot and killed his 5-year-old sister in the western town of Mountain View on Monday. A police spokeswoman said the boy was home alone when his sister arrived.

She declined to comment on whether the shooting was intentional or accidental, only saying the child was playing with a rifle he had previously used to go hunting.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2013, 11:10:59 pm by SP »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...

Oh dear
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
yes but................... "the right to bear arms" 

What will the excuses  be this time?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline zjim

• Kopite

Can't really argue anything though really.  This is an extraneous situation, and its obvious that you shouldn't give a 5 year a gun for a gift, nevertheless ever.   The parents should receive som of the blame for this though as what could they have possibly been thinking.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I fucking despair of some people. Who in their right minds 1) gives a rifle to a 5 yr old and 2) leaves said rifle lying around the house loaded?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Keystone Sporting Arms, manufacturers the Crickett and an assortment of other products geared towards children.

The company’s slogan is “my first rifle” and its website boasts a “Kids Corner” section, which depicts young boys and girls at shooting ranges and on bird and deer hunts. 

Fucking hell.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I fucking despair of some people. Who in their right minds 1) gives a rifle to a 5 yr old and 2) leaves said rifle lying around the house loaded?

Who the fuck keeps his gun at home loaded with children around???

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
The only way to stop a kid not mature enough to know that shooting a projectile out of a loaded toy could infact kill someone, not mature enough to know death is permanent, and that they will have to live with the consequences of their actions of killing someone, and the consequences of poor parental choices, and the consequences of a succession of governments failing to govern a mentally immature nation.........is a good kid, wearing bullet proof backpacks, coats, helmets at all times and ofcourse carrying a small arsenal of guns.

Today's NRA sales pitch was brought to you by the letters a and k and the numbers 4 and 7.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who the fuck keeps his gun at home loaded with children around???

A fucking moron obviously.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
All American mom's should carry a gun at home.

It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to not have a gun and need it. Just like in this case.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
"But we have guns in case the government oppresses us!!!1111!"
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They will never fucking change will they,'just a tragic accident' just like the time I left a machete in my eldest pram, doh stupid me ,warraya gonna doo eh

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
They will never fucking change will they,'just a tragic accident' just like the time I left a machete in my eldest pram, doh stupid me ,warraya gonna doo eh
I left the launch codes and firing key to our intercontinental ballistic missile, last week, in my grandsons lego set. Laugh now about it, but we hadn't even got any water and ammo in, if he had fired it.

We've stocked up on ammo since of course. you never can be too careful.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Then they grow up and buy sniper rifles and silencers because they're cool, and how dare you fucking question their 'Murican rights. Fuck sake.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

The British are coming
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
This is an example of an air rifle Crickett manufacture. I absolutely believe the first lesson in teaching the seriousness of a gun to children is to paint it bright fucking pink.

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_kidscorner.php

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I left the launch codes and firing key to our intercontinental ballistic missile, last week, in my grandsons lego set. Laugh now about it, but we hadn't even got any water and ammo in, if he had fired it.

We've stocked up on ammo since of course. you never can be too careful.
exactly, you never now when a missile capable country is going to come after you do you Chopper, better safe than sorry mate that's what I always say

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This could of course have been avoided if the 2 year old had been armed in the first place.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This could of course have been avoided if the 2 year old had been armed in the first place.

I'd imagine this will be their excuse.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I have sympathy with the gun owners

The only way to have a gun for self defence is to have it loaded and available.  You can see their problem.

Of course, the only safe way to have a gun anyway near kids is to have it in a locked cabinet and unloaded.

SO WHY HAVE A GUN IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU FUCKING MORONS.  Sorry.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

At the very least, it should have been wearing one of these:

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

100% money back ...

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
And the Americans wonder why we think their society is fucked up. ...............
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

you just know somewhere in the USof A a parent has put this on his kid and shot him/her just to test out his guarantee ;D

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope the parents have sense now and just never tell their kid how his sister died. it's a shame the parents can't be done for neglect

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell. The situation is not funny, not in the slightest. But I cant help but laugh at this. Un fucking believable.

Their mother claims she had been gone for “no more than three minutes” when the incident transpired, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told WKYT-TV.
No more than 3 minutes eh? Sit alone in silence for 3 minutes. It's a fucking long time.
I despair
State police said the shooting occurred when the boy was “playing” with the rifle, but provided no further information.
Playing? Fucking playing. State fucking police.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2013, 11:27:24 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
I don't know what to say.

:-[
We are Liverpool!

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"It's a Crickett," White said in reference to the rifle. "It's a little rifle for a kid….The little boy's used to shooting the little gun.

The company’s slogan is “my first rifle” and its website boasts a “Kids Corner” section, which depicts young boys and girls at shooting ranges and on bird and deer hunts."

--

A .22 calibre rifle is suitable for a five year old? A little rifle for a kid? That's the most disturbing part, the (NRA-esque) spin that it's just a tragedy that couldn't be avoided when in reality it's utterly fecked up giving a four/five year old a gun as a present. Kids corner for guns? No excuse.

I feel incredibly sad a child has died but the sad story is that the parents are negligible for this. Damn them. What were they thinking?

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
This is an example of an air rifle Crickett manufacture. I absolutely believe the first lesson in teaching the seriousness of a gun to children is to paint it bright fucking pink.

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_kidscorner.php

Well she's practicing appropriate trigger discipline, which is more than can be said for the 5-year-old boy in question.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Some conservative host on the Piers Moron show said that this was equivalent to many children dying due to poor driving and this happened because of the parents and not because of the gun which was marketed towards kids.  :butt

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
 I can't see what the fuss is. Boys will be boys.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Im surprised they have not suggested the baby should have been armed to defend itself. Guns for kids, wtf is that all about.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Some conservative host on the Piers Moron show said that this was equivalent to many children dying due to poor driving and this happened because of the parents and not because of the gun which was marketed towards kids.  :butt

While the comparison to driving is idiotic, and marketing guns to children is clearly pretty reprehensible, the story doesn't exactly paint the parents in the best light because A) They allowed their child to have a gun, B) They left that gun out in the corner of the room with no supervision and C) They were unaware it was loaded.

Guns in the UK must be kept in locked safes with set specifications, which are regularly checked. It's bad enough that guns are so common in America, but that they are treated so casually is terrible. I'm afraid I think the parents must shoulder a lot of the blame for this.

If this happened in the UK, it would be on the front pages of every newspaper, probably for a week. The article suggests there were several similar incidents IN THE LAST WEEK. It's crazy.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
That's terrible RIP. For somewhat that's meant to be the heart of western civilisation, America has a lot to answer for.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
The rifle is marketed by the company as a tool “to instill gun safety in the minds of youth shooters.”

"In the defence of my client your honour, the girl was trying to take the cookies unethically and forcibly from the plate of my client and my client, being a noble man that he is, had to protect what rightfully belongs to his"

Fuck off American Gun laws.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

The shooting in southern Kentucky has been ruled an accident, Kentucky State Police Trooper Billy Gregory said.

"It's just one of those nightmares," he said, "a quick thing that happens when you turn your back."

Young children in the area are often introduced to guns at an early age, Gregory said.

"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid," he said.

or

Kristian's rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home, and the family didn't realize a bullet had been left in it, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White said.

"Down in Kentucky where we're from, you know, guns are passed down from generation to generation," White said. "You start at a young age with guns for hunting and everything."

What is more unusual than a child having a gun, he said, is "that a kid would get shot with it."
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
If only a good guy with a gun had been there, this could all have been prevented.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?