Author Topic: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?  (Read 143549 times)

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
Re: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:23 pm »
Block 124 row 33 on the whole is OK, not great just OK.

There is a pillar to the left which can get in the way a little between the corner flag and the goal, but only if you have seats 92 to 105, but your view of the goal should be fine as you are right behind it, or just to the right. The KOP end goal can be a bit difficult to see and you may have to watch your head when Liverpool score.

Back 2 rows of Anfield Road (34 & 35) are on the same level so 35 is awful and 34 not much better, your view is further obstructed by the Upper Anfield Road stand (warning Do Not Jump!!)
34 is passable as long as everyone in front is sat down.
If you stand up you can't see the goal which is why they don't sell 34 or 35 to away fans.

Another reason that they should go ahead with the new Anfield Road stand.

These are the worst. This is row 35 in block 129: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A42v-ZBF0E
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2017, 10:52:42 am »
Block 124 row 33 on the whole is OK, not great just OK.

There is a pillar to the left which can get in the way a little between the corner flag and the goal, but only if you have seats 92 to 105, but your view of the goal should be fine as you are right behind it, or just to the right. The KOP end goal can be a bit difficult to see and you may have to watch your head when Liverpool score.

Back 2 rows of Anfield Road (34 & 35) are on the same level so 35 is awful and 34 not much better, your view is further obstructed by the Upper Anfield Road stand (warning Do Not Jump!!)
34 is passable as long as everyone in front is sat down.
If you stand up you can't see the goal which is why they don't sell 34 or 35 to away fans.

Another reason that they should go ahead with the new Anfield Road stand.

These are the worst. This is row 35 in block 129: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A42v-ZBF0E

Cheers for the info, I'm in row 33 seat 80 I think so was very concerned. You think your doing well getting tickets on additional members sale but they turn out to be mediocre. Tried putting tickets for main stand in my basket as they became available this week and phoned the club but said they can't change them without cancelling mine 1st then obviously run the risk of losing the 2 I have so thought it wasn't worth the risk.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »
UNLESS IF YOU'VE BEEN SOLD A RESTRICTED VIEW TICKET THEN YOU'RE VIEW WILL NOT BE RESTRICTED AND IT WILL BE FINE.  IF YOU'VE BEEN SOLD A SEVERELY RESTRICTED VIEW TICKET, THEN YOUR VIEW WILL BE SEVERELY RESTRITED.  SIMPLE.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2017, 10:11:21 pm »
Cheers for the info, I'm in row 33 seat 80 I think so was very concerned. You think your doing well getting tickets on additional members sale but they turn out to be mediocre. Tried putting tickets for main stand in my basket as they became available this week and phoned the club but said they can't change them without cancelling mine 1st then obviously run the risk of losing the 2 I have so thought it wasn't worth the risk.[/size]
I remember the days of chasing tickets, it's always been chaotic and was a case of "in is in" there were several occasions when I just got 2 singles and we had to sit separately, nightmare.

Seat 80 on row 33 may have a restricted view of the corner flag between the Main Stand and Anfield Road, but your view of the goal will be fine.
The attached should give you a better idea.
Crossed seats = Severely Restricted, top left to right = Restricted, Blank = backrest but no seat
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:16:06 pm by Milo the Monkey »
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2017, 10:52:39 pm »
I remember the days of chasing tickets, it's always been chaotic and was a case of "in is in" there were several occasions when I just got 2 singles and we had to sit separately, nightmare.

Seat 80 on row 33 may have a restricted view of the corner flag between the Main Stand and Anfield Road, but your view of the goal will be fine.
Crossed seats = Severely Restricted, top left to right = Restricted, Blank = backrest but no seat

Thanks a lot for your info mate, I'm just gonna need to suck it up this time, seating plan confirms my fears but hopefully far enough back view isn't blocked if that makes sense. Cheers!

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2017, 11:08:20 pm »
PS cheers Superwool :-*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:13:21 pm by redbairn »

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:08 am »

This attachment is really useful. Is there anything similar for the other stands? I recall seeing something for Wembley last year.

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:13 pm »
This attachment is really useful. Is there anything similar for the other stands? I recall seeing something for Wembley last year.
Yeah, got one for the whole ground.

The Centenary and the KOP all need a bit of updating, while I'm currently updating the Main from the old stand to the new one which is difficult 'cos it's not as per the original designs and layouts.

I want to put it up as the complete file, but it's too big, so I'll have to do them as individual stands.
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:52 pm »
BTW row 33 in 124 is totally fine. Drama queen central saying it's a letterbox view. Cheers to the productive posters.

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:16 am »
BTW row 33 in 124 is totally fine. Drama queen central saying it's a letterbox view. Cheers to the productive posters.
Glad to hear it, just sorry that you had to watch that awful defensive display second half  :(
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2017, 01:12:52 am »
Glad to hear it, just sorry that you had to watch that awful defensive display second half  :(

Haha cheers mate, I'll be back down for the Burnley game but going by my luck watching Lpool it's a write off already! You never know  though.

And once again anyone reading this don't be discouraged by Annie Road,  it's not as bad as made out.

Offline LCapitane81

• Main Stander
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
Block 126, Row 25 is a great view IMO. Sat there saturday.. bit quiet mind, then again, the whole stadium was.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2017, 12:08:15 pm »
Block 126, Row 25 is a great view IMO. Sat there saturday.. bit quiet mind, then again, the whole stadium was.

I was in block 127 row 23, was surprised with the quality of the view as I had heard bad things. Was a few lads in the corner kept songs going all game.