Author Topic: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?  (Read 143559 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Lower - How is the view?
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:32 pm »
Brilliant mate thanks. My bro is obsessed with knowing what his view will be like no matter how many times he has been.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2011, 12:05:13 pm »
I'm greatly looking forward to seeing much of someone's skull against Sunderland.

It was a lovely skull.

View wasn't too bad, atmosphere was really good.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2011, 12:27:53 pm »
It was a lovely skull.

View wasn't too bad, atmosphere was really good.

Where where you exactly?

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2011, 01:16:14 pm »
I'm in 126 for the Bolton match, was there any singing over there on Saturday? The contrast between the Kop and the Anny Rd end is just startling. I know it's nothing new but it's frustrating when there's only a smattering of people around you bothered to sing even the most basic and well-known songs.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:40 pm »
I'm in 126 for the Bolton match, was there any singing over there on Saturday? The contrast between the Kop and the Anny Rd end is just startling. I know it's nothing new but it's frustrating when there's only a smattering of people around you bothered to sing even the most basic and well-known songs.

Some singing, whoppers making up songs really. At one point on Saturday they started chanting Charlie, Charlie, Charlie! In some Rocky type chant.
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:37 pm »
Some singing, whoppers making up songs really. At one point on Saturday they started chanting Charlie, Charlie, Charlie! In some Rocky type chant.

Heard it, the one andy carroll chant was enough for me, started somewhere near the back of 127.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2011, 03:14:30 pm »
Heard it, the one andy carroll chant was enough for me, started somewhere near the back of 127.

Its embarrassing. I was row 15 of 127 and could hear coming from behind me.
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2011, 03:20:27 pm »

I was row twenty of 127. Barely could fit in my seat as the twat next to me had 5 bags from the club shop and a bag for a packed lunch. It was a joke. They should not be allowed in with so much stuff, there in no where to put it.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »
I was row twenty of 127. Barely could fit in my seat as the twat next to me had 5 bags from the club shop and a bag for a packed lunch. It was a joke. They should not be allowed in with so much stuff, there in no where to put it.

Sadly that is what LFC want the ground to be full of mate!

Cant remember last time i went in the shop!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »

One game last season I was sat next to a couple of Chinese fans who bought their mini wheelie suitcases into the game with them! This was on the Kop where leg room is pretty limited as it is, was a complete joke.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:39 pm »
One game last season I was sat next to a couple of Chinese fans who bought their mini wheelie suitcases into the game with them! This was on the Kop where leg room is pretty limited as it is, was a complete joke.
Guy behind me in Main Stand on Saturday was that large, he took him his seat plus half of the seats beside him. Plus he had bought 4 LFC bags and a sports direct. I had 1 bag which was for my programmes as i got 4 but good thing with that is it can fit behind you and its flat. :)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2011, 11:21:46 am »

That was in the Kop too in fairness.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:21 am »
Cracking view yesterday in 126. Should've brought sunnies though.

Only complaint is people seem scared to sing or else aren't bothered. But once a few of you get going more people join in. It's hard to keep the momentum going though.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2011, 02:56:04 pm »
124 was grand. Definitely some good singing there. Thought there was some awesome noise at points all around the ground, the Kop in particular obviously. View from 124 is really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #134 on: September 4, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
Just boot the bags down the steps lad.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline paiiv

• Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2011, 10:47:13 am »
I think I'm in 124 in the Man utd game. The view should be fine but how close is that to away supporters or where does the partition really start, anybody know? Thanks!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2011, 12:26:06 pm »
I think I'm in 124 in the Man utd game. The view should be fine but how close is that to away supporters or where does the partition really start, anybody know? Thanks!
They do normally have the whole of block 124 but as they have got a reduced allocation this year, that block will be for home supporters so you will probably be right next to them as I imagine that they will have 121-123.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline maloneavic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: October 6, 2011, 12:05:04 am »
Off topic a small bit but have a banner i want to get up in the upper anfield road, is there anything there that i can tie it on to? all i see is the grey railing here and there but nothing else past that.

Offline Lowse2011

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »
Id imagine ya best bets duck tape. I seem to remember last year when the mancs come to town they had their poxy banner up with duck tape they sneaked in  :no

Offline ScouseGirl

• culé
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JJoanneuk is a ScouseGirl
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »
So if you're a sth in anywhere other than the kop you're a whopper now? What a complete load of shite

exactly!!!

for those of you unlucky enough to face the KOP  any other time apart from CL games ( yeah ok not this season )  Derby, or when playing Man U , Chelsea  then you will be greeted by a wall of miserable arses, who dont want to sing , as they have done it all for years ,yes folks thats our KOP and its where I sit, Generalisation ? well no more than the crap in here about OOT and Whoppers , does it matter where we sit we are Liverpool Fans !
R.I.P Ray Osbourne AKA Shanklyboy, A Man I have never met but will remember in my prayers.

Offline thirty

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »
A bit off topic but what's the view like from section MX in the main stand?
thirty

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2011, 02:01:30 pm »
A bit off topic but what's the view like from section MX in the main stand?

MX is over in the corner at the Anny Road End of the stand. There's a few pillars about but I don't think it's that bad.

Legacy fan

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »
MX is over in the corner at the Anny Road End of the stand. There's a few pillars about but I don't think it's that bad.

Am in there for united, not the greatest but for a game such as united, in is in!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:00 pm »
Am in there for united, not the greatest but for a game such as united, in is in!

Right next to the away "fans"...

Give em' hell!

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
Right next to the away "fans"...

Give em' hell!

That's half the plan! ;)
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:57 pm »
MX is generally pretty lively, lots of interaction with the away supporters etc.

As long as you're not behind a pillar and as long as all the action isn't down the Kop end I don't think it's a bad place to be.
Legacy fan

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2011, 07:41:24 pm »
Last time I sat in there, there was more Norwegian being spoken than English!! That said, they did try and sing a bit, which is better than when you get in the middle of the Main Stand where people are just too 'experienced' to sing, it just didn't seem cool enough for them!! Generalisation, yeah probably but then isn't it all? 
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline maloneavic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2011, 01:41:52 am »
Off topic abit but i was in 228 myself and the view was great.

Had my banner tho and after 5 mins or less  steward told me to take it down as she said for certain games banners in that area where not allowed, total joke.

Mental note tho,,   for futuer games and banners, by the front of the upper row there is small nails etc so if you have tie wraps etc you could hang the banner off there.

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2011, 01:53:25 am »
Off topic abit but i was in 228 myself and the view was great.

Had my banner tho and after 5 mins or less  steward told me to take it down as she said for certain games banners in that area where not allowed, total joke.

Mental note tho,,   for futuer games and banners, by the front of the upper row there is small nails etc so if you have tie wraps etc you could hang the banner off there.

I came to the conclusion along time ago that every single steward at anfield is just a massive twat, if stewards are doing what they do for health and safety issues then surely it would include the away fans in this? I mean we get told to sit down 10seconds after we stand, if you even point in the direction of the away fans you will get pulled by a steward even though you get taunted by the away fans all game, i mean seriously do the stewards say anything to the away fans or is it just one rule for us and no rule for them?

probably the wrong thread to post this but anyway, cant fucking stand stewards anymore

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2011, 05:51:28 am »
I came to the conclusion along time ago that every single steward at anfield is just a massive twat, if stewards are doing what they do for health and safety issues then surely it would include the away fans in this? I mean we get told to sit down 10seconds after we stand, if you even point in the direction of the away fans you will get pulled by a steward even though you get taunted by the away fans all game, i mean seriously do the stewards say anything to the away fans or is it just one rule for us and no rule for them?

probably the wrong thread to post this but anyway, cant fucking stand stewards anymore

Look at it from this angle...when we go away we ALWAYS stand, the away stewards tolerate this but don't allow the home fans to stand. It's just how it is...stewards would prefer it if everyone sits but as the home fans are seen to be less confrontational they tend to enforce it amongst the home fans, rather than risk getting a gob full of abuse from a visitor.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2011, 12:41:30 pm »
Was in row 27 of block 129 yesterday. Have to say it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I expected. Wouldnt mind sitting there again.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2011, 01:14:12 pm »
Was in row 27 of block 129 yesterday. Have to say it wasnt anywhere near as bad as I expected. Wouldnt mind sitting there again.

Not as bad as it looks on the website then?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2011, 02:21:54 pm »
Maybe depends what seat you end.up in. I was on the very end of the row at the steps and had full view of the whole pitch. I would imagine the further in the row you are, the worse the view gets

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »
Was relieved as fuck as on Row 1 I was mean't to be in a restricted view, turns out the restriction was the black pole holding up the nets, hardly even noticed it throughout the game, on the steward note, yeah they're c*nts, kept giving me and the fella next to me dirty looks for standing up when we had a good chance, or standing up to give the Mancs a bit of jib back.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #154 on: November 9, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »
Which block is behind the goal, 124 or 125 please? 

On the 3D seating plan it says 124:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/anfield-seating-plan

but on the 2D seating plan itlooks like it is shared between 124 & 5

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/assets/anfield_stadium_plan_large.jpg
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: November 9, 2011, 01:26:14 pm »
So i've asked in another thread about this but just thought I would get more opinions as some said it was an ok view others said it was crap! Im in Main Stand, Block MX, Row 12, Seat 317-318 for Stoke - anyone been anywhere around that? Seen the 3D image and there is a Pillar so hope were just past that...

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 9, 2011, 02:15:06 pm »
So i've asked in another thread about this but just thought I would get more opinions as some said it was an ok view others said it was crap! Im in Main Stand, Block MX, Row 12, Seat 317-318 for Stoke - anyone been anywhere around that? Seen the 3D image and there is a Pillar so hope were just past that...

MX is not a crap view, you might have a tight neck after the game because you are jammed in the corner but the view is fine.

The problem with MX is that as far as i know its the area the thomas cook tickets go along with MW and you will be stuck with people taking pictures for the whole game, recording most of the match on their phones, moaning to the extreme if we arnt winning 5-0 by half time and basicly an awful atmosphere, oh and don't even try and start a song in MX because they will look at you thinking "what is this c*nt doing?".
« Last Edit: November 9, 2011, 02:21:02 pm by David H »

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2011, 08:50:02 am »

It might just hove into view, it's not particularly big though.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2011, 09:02:36 am »
Cheers for letting me know about block MX, it doesn't sound too bad! Now I need to know about Anfield Road Lower 126 specifically rows 31 and 32 as this is where I am for Arsenal and Chelsea, anyone sat around there and is it ok? I read back in this thread that the view becomes restricted at the back, will that be the case where I am?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:22 am »
Depends if Carragher's playing :-X
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."