Author Topic: 2013 Europa League Final: Benfica v Chelsea  (Read 140429 times)

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
Re: 2013 Europa League Final: Benfica v Chelsea
« Reply #3160 on: May 17, 2013, 04:49:48 pm »
It's funny how a trophy can change people's perception of a manager.

He's still the same manager he was 7 months ago when he took the job.

Looking forward to seeing him in a proper club, so I can change my desk pic.

"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: May 17, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »
Its the Mail but all his quotes are in there

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2236795/Rafa-Benitez-Chelsea-manager-Id-Stamford-Bridge-job.html

Please don't post links that perpetuate the myth that Rafa said he'd never manage Chelsea.

It was made up by some Czech kid on the Internet, the press ran with it, then ran away once they realised it was nonsense.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3162 on: May 17, 2013, 05:41:03 pm »
Just saw the full game, Benfica players and fans really took this seriously. Crying at the final whistle, flat out on the ground. Two injury time winners in two games that decided their fate (almost in the league) within a week...ouch. Don't mind most of their players, but Luisao that prick, not too sad to see him lose.

i went as a neutral with a chelsea mate and the benfica fans were amazing even before the match walking in amsterdam square fans were singing taking pics etc where as the  chelsea fans stood outside a pub singing "CHELSEAAAAAAAAAA CHELSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and then a song about celery (i think )  even the fan zone was pathetic they had a cfc guy going round the stadium telling everyone to go to the chelsea fan zone and collect their free chelsea flag and once in the fan zone all it was about 100 odd chelsea fans sat against the fence drinking beer 

while the benfica fan zone was brilliant yes their was folk drinking but fans had started a massive game of football on the grass while listening to the shite music much better atmosphere