Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)  (Read 100454 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
When Bob Paisley prepared the team to do this:

I doubt very much he done as much as this:

You forgot net-spend, money-ball, tik-taks, crushing and T'internet.

Football - a simple game made complicated by those who think they know better.....Well thats my new spin on it anyway.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Are Spurs forums full off debate on whether to drop their best players or not?

Not really. As with most sets of fans there are some that don't value the Europa League at all though (which I don't understand at all) and would rather we rested a load of players tonight in view of Sunday

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
Dembele is fit again after training yesterday.  He might not be risked tonight but is certain to play against Liverpool.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Dembele is fit again after training yesterday.  He might not be risked tonight but is certain to play against Liverpool.
Thought he may play tonight and rest on Sunday and play v Inter again ?

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Thought he may play tonight and rest on Sunday and play v Inter again ?

I'd expect him to play in all 3 to be honest

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd expect him to play in all 3 to be honest
I'd guess the same but could depend on how the game goes tonight and how he reacts to the game tonight fitness wise

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good for us that Spurs have a proper hard game tonight against Inter.

I would assume they will put out their strongest side possible, as it,s such a big game for them.

All we need is for Spurs to be given the runaround for 90 minutes knackering them for Sunday; and an old school hatchet man Italian central defender to put Bale out for a week or so. Nothing too serious, of course, just enough to prevent him from playing on Sunday.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Good for us that Spurs have a proper hard game tonight against Inter.

I would assume they will put out their strongest side possible, as it,s such a big game for them.

All we need is for Spurs to be given the runaround for 90 minutes knackering them for Sunday; and an old school hatchet man Italian central defender to put Bale out for a week or so. Nothing too serious, of course, just enough to prevent him from playing on Sunday.

We can beat them with Bale playing.  Sturridge & Suarez alone will give them plenty to think about, especially if Coutinho can pick a few pockets again like he did against Wigan.

I'm not liking the defeatest tone in here...
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just as side note. We have a habit of winning a few games, saying the next big game is a litmus test, then losing:-(  We then spend the next week whining about the team until we win the following match and the process starts again. 

This obviously is great fun and an important part of being a Liverpool fan.  I often just cut and paste previous posts from earlier threads and throw them in as I find I can contribute more quantity to the discussion that way.

Alternatively, we could just accept that this is another game on the path to improvement, and not a pass or fail examine of the whole season.

That's a cracker of a post!! Sums up my feelings exactly!

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
Hey ladies, this is a Liverpool footy forum, not a knitting circle. Stop being such fucking massive quims. Positivity only. Repeat after me ... 

"We"....."Are"......"Going"....."To"......."Twat"......."These"........"c*nts"...."Regardless"....."Of"......."Whether"......"They've"......"Got"......"Magilla"........"Gorilla"........"Or"......"The"....."Whole"....."Fucking"....."Cast"......."Of"....."Planet"....."Of"......."The"......"Apes"......"Playing"......"For"....."Them"

There's a good pair of old dears  :wave

You are just saying that cos you can't knit ;-)

Offline norbert

• Main Stander
What makes you say one point will do? Arsenal are 7 points behind you but have what I'd say is a much easier run of games left, and Chelsea for all their stuttering are still capable of winning a run of games. I think it would be pretty dangerous for Spurs to start playing for draws now when they've worked hard to get into a good position.

I think a lot will depend on the fitness of Dembele and Bale, as without them at their best I'd say we've got a much stronger attack.

With 54 points we need 16 from our last 10 games to hit the 70 mark - 1.6 per game. We are currenty averaging 2.2. Liverpool are playing very well and like most sides we would be happy to take a point from Anfield, especially as two of  Arsenal's next 3 games are away to Swansea and WBA. They will probably draw at Swansea, so while we match their results we should prosper. After you we play Fulham at home, if we pick up 4 pts from you and Fulham we could be still be 7 pts ahead of them with just 8 games to go.

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
Let's do them and show them what Liverpool is all about.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Not enjoying all the negativity here. 

As was said earlier, Sturridge and Suarez can keep Spurs busy enough, and it looks as though Coutinho is more than capable of feeding the two of them.  I fancy a tight 2-1 victory for the Reds.

Its also vital that the crowd can be up for this one right from the off.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline canadianscraggledog

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)
« Reply #173 on: March 7, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »
It's go with Lucas Gerrard Hendo in the middle with Suarez Coutinho and Sturridge leading the line.

Feel it would provide good balance with Hendo marking Bale to a degree. Feel we'll drop back with Carra playing and not make the same mistakes L'arse did.

Feel confident we'll win as long as we win the midfield battle and press Dembele and Bale quickly to prevent their attacks from building quickly
60% of the time, it works all the time

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
It's go with Lucas Gerrard Hendo in the middle with Suarez Coutinho and Sturridge leading the line.

Feel it would provide good balance with Hendo marking Bale to a degree. Feel we'll drop back with Carra playing and not make the same mistakes L'arse did.

Feel confident we'll win as long as we win the midfield battle and press Dembele and Bale quickly to prevent their attacks from building quickly
How's that set up in your mind? Suarez wide forward? Henderson DM?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
I'm pretty confident about this game.  Going for a 3-1 however it'll be one of those end to end last 15 minutes when we manage to knock a goal in on 89 minutes to seal it.

Offline canadianscraggledog

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)
« Reply #176 on: March 7, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »
Suarez close to Sturridge playing between the lines and Hendo the 1 in the 2-1 of an assymetric 4-3-3.

Hendo the terrier going after Bale/Dembele to give them no time on the ball.

60% of the time, it works all the time

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
What makes Spurs so difficult is the unwavering self-belief of a lot of their players. Bale, Dembele, Assou-Ekoto, Vertonghen, Adebayor, Lennon, etc don't take a back step for anyone, and especially against the top teams.

Our team really crumbles when a teams fronts up to us. Once WBA - and Mulumbu especially - began to pass the ball to feet confidently against us first 15 mins at Anfield, I knew it'd be a tricky night. Dembele will grab hold of the ball in the middle of the park, and we'll have to remain patient. We're not going to blitz these lot away, our sides balance will be properly tested.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
It will be very interesting to see how Spurs approach Inter Milan tonight - I think they have a great chance of winning the UEFA Cup, and I would argue that should be their priority over this top four finish.  They won't win the Champions League should they qualify - and if they do qualify they will still be in a fight for 4th next season.  My gut feeling is that Villas Boas is a good enough manager to not have to sacrifice one for the other in any case, but do they go out with a full strength team against Inter?  I think over two legs Spurs will knock them out.  For a club that hasn't won enough trophies surely winning a major European competition will be a major goal this season?
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
It will be very interesting to see how Spurs approach Inter Milan tonight - I think they have a great chance of winning the UEFA Cup, and I would argue that should be their priority over this top four finish.  They won't win the Champions League should they qualify - and if they do qualify they will still be in a fight for 4th next season.  My gut feeling is that Villas Boas is a good enough manager to not have to sacrifice one for the other in any case, but do they go out with a full strength team against Inter?  I think over two legs Spurs will knock them out.  For a club that hasn't won enough trophies surely winning a major European competition will be a major goal this season?

How do you know they won't win the Champions League? Got to be in it to win it.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
I think a young, continental manager who has had a rocky ride since leaving Portugal will value the eopportunity of winning something seen as "big" at home, even if our media and half our clubs constantly and ridiculously undermine it. Personal CV building is, I would think, still important to Villas Boas. Most of the continent would notice him winning the UEFA cup more than finishing 4th in England.

I think he will put out a pretty much full side for tonight. Even if they did drop points on Sunday, they will probably still get 4th.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
I think a young, continental manager who has had a rocky ride since leaving Portugal will value the eopportunity of winning something seen as "big" at home, even if our media and half our clubs constantly and ridiculously undermine it. Personal CV building is, I would think, still important to Villas Boas. Most of the continent would notice him winning the UEFA cup more than finishing 4th in England.

I think he will put out a pretty much full side for tonight. Even if they did drop points on Sunday, they will probably still get 4th.

I think they can do both, although I hope they do neither.  I hope that they go for it though, in a big way.  The media seem to like them at the moment, and to see them have a real go at this competition might restore some faith I have in football and the way it is reported and perceived in this country.  Definitely more important than finishing 4th in their domestic league, is winning a European trophy, going to a final in Amsterdam, big days out on the piss in Europe - a trip to Monaco next season to play Bayern Munich, surely that's what football is about.  If I could take either Spurs' league position or place in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup, I'd choose the cup, no contest.
How do you know they won't win the Champions League? Got to be in it to win it.
I don't 'know' they won't win the Champions League with 100% certainty, but I would also happily state that "I know Blackburn won't win the FA Cup this year."  I wouldn't put my life on it, but I would put pretty much everything else.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
I asked this before and got ignored, but does anyone know the last time we beat spurs in the league?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I asked this before and got ignored, but does anyone know the last time we beat spurs in the league?
09/10 2-0

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
Thanks mate. Not as long ago as i had thought.  Still, it really is about time we beat them again. Really hope we don't fuck up like we normally do whenever we've had a couple of positive results.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
Fucking Spurs. I'd be more confident playing Barcalona or Bayern than these c*nts. Even with 2 tough games since we last played you just know they'll all be on top form on Sunday. That said Spurs' performance at Anfield last season bordered on the cowardly.
 Wonder if it'll be Downing or Coutinho on the bench? Just hope we go at them and see what happens.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
When was the last time we beat spurs?

Can't remember. All our games against them have blurred together into an oozing, sloppy mass of mediocrity since we played them off the park at theirs in the 08/09 season only to get suckered by Pavlyuchenko at the death. They were in dead last, knackered from coming back against Arsenal the previous Wednesday and, barring that comback, were playing some of their worst football ever. We hadn't lost sinc the start of the season and we still managed to let Gomes get MotM, have Carra put them back level with one of his great own goals and have the misfiring russian score.

I'm still not over that one.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks mate. Not as long ago as i had thought.  Still, it really is about time we beat them again. Really hope we don't fuck up like we normally do whenever we've had a couple of positive results.

Being beat at home by a currently better team who are in great form isn't exactly a 'fuck up' is it. Losing to Villa and West Brom were fuck ups! The loses to United and Arsenal were not. Home or away games like this can go either way.

Like always I demand a good performance and hope for a good result.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
Being beat at home by a currently better team who are in great form isn't exactly a 'fuck up' is it. Losing to Villa and West Brom were fuck ups! The loses to United and Arsenal were not. Home or away games like this can go either way.

by fuck up, i think he's referring to the numebr of times where we've had a game by the throat, only to let go and get bitten for it (so, the manner of the dropped points, not the points themselves)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Reckon we'll do these. We're out of all the cups, cant win fuck all so Im sure all the lads are gonna really go for it in these last ten league games and see where it gets us.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan

I agree with this.

Being beaten by Spurs will tell us nothing definitive. On their day, they can beat anyone in this league. What will be telling though is the way it transpires, if it happens.

If we concede sloppily from set-pieces for instance or get cut open through the middle, then that could be interpreted as indicative of a defensive malaise which we're struggling to rectify.

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
snip

For the Tottenham fans who are coming here and well need some explanations

This is me butchers on it. I were tinkin’ joorin’ thee err Wigan game dat once the fowwrfh goal went in, Li’errpull played lark getting’ reddy lark for the Spurs game – poncy daagram please. Keep it prufeshnul innit.

Dairnin’ and Corrr-tinyah got their plates o’ meat insaard arr halv, as well as insaard fohwwird posishuns (Zone fohr-een an all dat palava):

An Dairnin’:

Bit lark dee Arshnul game – si-in deep, hi-in on de break, early goal (well cushty ma son, well cushty) and Reina not goin’ Pete Tong

Li’erpoorl line up against Shpursh?, have a butchers below at Tottnum and wotnot.

Pershownel will, of cowwse, Pope in Rome on the range due ter availabili-y, but de stru-tcha is de same - 'igh pressin', ‘ammer n tack four, solid central midfield bowler glue, Garriff in a free role, a target geeza up front for him ter make runs like after a ruby murray, a deepah leffh mid and de pace er Lennon on the wite.  Hale ‘n’ Pace is their main assit, followed by Garriff’s delivery on set plays. Droppin' back Cock and Hen yards and playin' on the break is prolly Wodgers' main idea, cos the problem Gooners 'ad was dat deir Union Jack line, although pushed up as 'eaven and 'ell, woz also very flat (the St. Martins-Le-Grand of Steve Bould was aw over it).

Dey were caught square wif a few dagonal through Berlin Walls in dat game, and thas summit I fink we’ll be lookin' ter liminate. I would expect our defence ter sho some depf, especially on them dagonuls. Might stop Johnshun’s attackin' role somewot but we can more en make up for dat wif the pace and mobili-y of our cainnters. Lubbly Jubbly. Wot our issue will be is which players step aahhht if we start wif bof Sturridge and Sooarez? I can clock us playin' a similar 4-1-4-1 ter the Wigan game, so that means we either do wot we did against Gooners and play Sooarez on the leffh and Sturridge up front - in which case the question becomes 'oo drops aahhht, Corrr-tinyah or Dairnin'? Orrrrr we Carry on up de Khyber wif the 4-1-3-2 that 'as worked for us, in which case we'll 'ave ter play 'enderson for 'is workrate, which again begs the question, 'oo drops aahhht? No-one’s ‘Arry n Dick an’ wiv me crust gettin’ all hoity-toity baaht it, will leave it for Bwendurrn

I could clock us garn for the attackin' units we 'ad against Gooners, wif Corrr-tinyah fer Dairnin ' in the secon’alf - if we play conservatively in the attack: Get yer mincies on dis me ole China

Or if we take the bloomin' game ter Shpursh somewot, and scarper for de 4-1-3-2, it would butchers bit like it ‘as since Cwishmash

The bloody only queschin would surrahn Corrr-tinyah n Dairnin - if 'enderson plays, do we keep Dairnin' on the bleedin' wite or thra Corrr-tinyah aahhht there and use 'im ter counterattack wif 'is speed and passin'? Can’t play 'enderson there, as 'e tends ter crowd de space Gerrarrrh plays in, and 'e baleensis Gerrarrrh aahhht in centwal mi’field on the leffh, sar it could end up we play summit loike dis:

The game’ll be decided by ‘ow we cope wif the match-ups. I fink that Enweekee 'as enuff ter 'andle Lennon, and need der minerals ter play a purely defensive role for this game, wif a minimal amount of gettin' forward. Sturridge should make ‘em have a mare and if 'enderson does the "1.5" Corn on the Cob in left midfield, then that frees Sooarez up ter do sum damage. Bish, Bash n Bosh guv’nor.

If Dairnin ' is on de wite, then he’ll bowf press the left Hammer and Tack and double up wif Johnshun, as 'eaven and 'ell as cover for any overlappin' Radio Ones Johnshun makes. Gerrarrrh will be able ter win 'is duel wif Parker or whoever and whether Shpursh play wif Hadee-bayurr or Dempshee up front, Carrah ‘n’ Aggah should do awwwight. If Defoe plays though, then droppin' back into the defensive third will be crooshiel, and it will be important ter keep a mince pie on each of Defoe, Lennon and Garriff.

Garriff is, of course, the danger geeza, and stoppin' 'im will go a long way ter stoppin' Shpursh. Lookersh can’t be havin’ a giraffe in this, but neither can Carrah ‘n’ Aggah. If Lookersh can push 'im onto 'is wite side, leavin' Aggah ter double team and Carrah ter sweep up, then they can khybosh Garriff. If they allaw 'im ter run on 'is left side and create space, Reina will 'ave ter be at 'is Mae West ter save the shots. The Brenda Lee match-ups 're as below (wif alterations for pershinell, of cowwse):

The millyun dollah queschin for Shpursh, is ‘ow much do dey risk? Dey play Intah, then us, then Intah again. HayeeveeBee is a fan of the bloomin' Whooropa League, so we 'ave ter assume 'e'll want a Robin Hood result in the Damien Hirst 'ard boiled Borra And Beg against Intah - and if things are tricky-dicky after dat, 'e might actually George Best sum players for the game at Anfeel. I fin' we'll clock Friedel in Sausage Roll, maybe sum replacements at fullback, and Dempshee on de leffh. On the ovver St. Martins-Le-Grand, if Lookersh is a bit lively, Garriff’s Ten Speed Gears might clock the bench a bit Liz Hurley ter keep 'im from gettin' injured. A Hoppin' Pot of Shpursh prep I fink will be ‘cos a Thursday's game – you can stick an Ayrton Senna on that!. Cozza dat we might see a less dan pukka side against us and a possible comfortable win as Shpursh preserve umselves for the second Bacon and Egg against Intah. That thursday game will be watched wif sum interest by Bwendurrn I fink
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
LOL Harinder!

Better than anything  I ever wrote :D

I should just let you translate my posts before I put them out :)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great posts again PoP and Harinder.

The only thing I remember from this game last season was that it was fucking cold and the highlight was the cute cat that ran all over the pitch.  Please let this not be a 0-0 borefest otherwise I may fall asleep on my drive home.

Tricky team selection this time, which is nice as there are so many players deserving of a starting place.  Outside of the defence, Coutinho, Suarez, Downing, sturridge, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson and Allen all deserve to start.  Personally, I'd take Henderson over Allen, simply because of how well he played in the big games at Arsenal and Man City.  I'd probably go with Coutinho over Downing as he's a bit of an unknown quantity and just looks so exciting.

Is there an argument for going 3 at the back and packing the midfield/attack?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Occasionally, we get some good laughs! :lmao

Well played, boyo!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao Superb
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
I agree with all you say Har har har   inder
Doubters to Believers

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Harinder that is brilliant! :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
I think your name is going to have to change to 'Arry Inder