Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 220242 times)

Online BabsLFC

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lovren Signed.
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:37 am »
Just a quick google, USA have exceptions for several EU countries Croatia being one of them.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:06 am »
You can get a free waiver visa instantly if you're part of the EU
Several EU countries aren't included in the Visa Waiver programme, including Croatia.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2014, 10:48:33 am »
If he's not going to the US surely he can't start the season in the team. He'll only get some part in the Dortmund game and that'll be it. Whilst Skrtel will have had a full preseason and Sakho a couple more friendlies.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:57 am »
If he's not going to the US surely he can't start the season in the team. He'll only get some part in the Dortmund game and that'll be it. Whilst Skrtel will have had a full preseason and Sakho a couple more friendlies.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start against Southampton. Had the World Cup, had some training and the Dortmund game (possibly) like you said. Better than throwing him in then rather than City away?

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2014, 10:54:05 am »
I'd be surprised if he doesn't start against Southampton. Had the World Cup, had some training and the Dortmund game (possibly) like you said. Better than throwing him in then rather than City away?

Having the World Cup isn't really a plus to being fit and ready to start the season with his new team.

I wouldn't throw him in against City either or Spurs. Given the fixtures and his complete lack of any match practice i'd wait until the second home game.  :)
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2014, 11:00:17 am »
Having the World Cup isn't really a plus to being fit and ready to start the season with his new team.

I wouldn't throw him in against City either or Spurs. Given the fixtures and his complete lack of any match practice i'd wait until the second home game.  :)

He'll start alongside Skrtel imo ;) Lets see eh ;D

Good to see we have options in Agger and Sakho (& Coates) though.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:57 am »

How i long for the old days, sign a guy on a Thursday in the team by Saturday.

Class will overcome anything even not playing in some pre season friendlies.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2014, 11:35:09 am »
http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno-za-sn-lovren--s-liverpoolom-vec-ove-sezone-zelim-osvojiti-premiership-i-ligu-prvaka-/1209856/

Great Lovren interview for Croatian papers. I`ll paraphrase some of his quotes :

- He says after signing Rodgers called him up and was very excited to be working with him and likewise.

- Says he`s flattered to be the most expensive defender Liverpool ever bought and vows to repay them in the best possible way.

- He says Suarez`s departure won`t mean anything for Liverpool as every player is replaceable. Liverpool bought 5 quality players and reckons there`ll be more and he is adamant Liverpool will be fighting for both PL and CL.

- He`ll get a no.6 shirt and contract is 5 years.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:44:20 am by SerbianScouser »

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39:01 am »
- Says he`s flattered to be the highest paid defender and vows to repay them in the best possible way.

I assume he means most expensive?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2014, 11:43:53 am »
I assume he means most expensive?
Yes.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2014, 11:46:47 am »
Yes.

ok :) and thanks for the translation :)

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 11:52:51 am »
Hadn't got round to adding in my welcome yet (I'm sure he'll be distraught...) - welcome Dejan! I love how made up he looks in his photos. He's exactly what we need and if he can bring that bit more steel and reliability to our defence that we need then we can definitely be challengers again. I'm sure he'll be amazing for us.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »
http://sportske.jutarnji.hr/ekskluzivno-za-sn-lovren--s-liverpoolom-vec-ove-sezone-zelim-osvojiti-premiership-i-ligu-prvaka-/1209856/

Great Lovren interview for Croatian papers. I`ll paraphrase some of his quotes :

- He says after signing Rodgers called him up and was very excited to be working with him and likewise.

- Says he`s flattered to be the most expensive defender Liverpool ever bought and vows to repay them in the best possible way.

- He says Suarez`s departure won`t mean anything for Liverpool as every player is replaceable. Liverpool bought 5 quality players and reckons there`ll be more and he is adamant Liverpool will be fighting for both PL and CL.

- He`ll get a no.6 shirt and contract is 5 years.

Nice one.

Good to hear carra's endorsement on the Anfield wrap too

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »
Bit of a blow him got getting a visa. Needed him to get used to his team mates and the way we played. Oh well, what can we do.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »
Bit of a blow him got getting a visa. Needed him to get used to his team mates and the way we played. Oh well, what can we do.

He'll be fine, he's already played with half of them at Southampton.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »
Seeing as we've bought half of Southampton's squad I don't see that being much of an issue  ;)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »
He'll be fine, he's already played with half of them at Southampton.

Ha! All two of them ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
Seeing as we've bought half of Southampton's squad I don't see that being much of an issue  ;)

Yep, forgot Southampton squad consisted of 6 players. ;D

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »
Yep, forgot Southampton squad consisted of 6 players. ;D
Maybe you need one of these  :wave

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2014, 02:15:40 pm »
Wonder if they'll do what they did last year during Suarez's ban and have a fixture behind closed doors to get him some match fitness?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:46 pm »
How i long for the old days, sign a guy on a Thursday in the team by Saturday.

Class will overcome anything even not playing in some pre season friendlies.
Hah in the old days it was even worse if what I've read is true, you'd sign a player and stick him in the reserves for a year to help him learn about the club.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

Where's it reported he hasn't got a visa?

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »
America sucks.  This isn't some schmuck trying to steal precious jobs.  It's an international football player who just got signed by one of the biggest institutions in the sport.  What's the risk? 

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2014, 02:50:46 pm »
Lovren can't get a visa, he's going to stay in Liverpool and work on his own. Brendan sent him a schedule to work on and wait for the team to come back from the tour.

Where's it reported he hasn't got a visa?

Also most english papers have the story

(click on shwabo1892 quote to see the picture)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:18 pm »
Cheers.

Strange he can't get a visa, not like he is from some backwater country or (that I know of) a criminal record.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:31 pm »
Cheers.

Strange he can't get a visa, not like he is from some backwater country or (that I know of) a criminal record.
Not really, it takes about ten days to get a visa to the states, so by the time he gets one the lads will be back in Liverpool.  Croatia are exempt from the Visa Waiver Program, despite being a member if the EU.

It isn't that he can't get one, just it that it will take too long.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2014, 03:09:04 pm »
Not really, it takes about ten days to get a visa to the states, so by the time he gets one the lads will be back in Liverpool.  Croatia are exempt from the Visa Waiver Program, despite being a member if the EU.

It isn't that he can't get one, just it that it will take too long.

Ah, read what people had said as that he can't, not that it would take too long.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »
The more i think about it Sakho-Lovren looks a great partnership.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2014, 03:26:08 pm »
Madness. Surely there should be a premium, express visa service. These embassies are missing a money making trick. They could have probably charged us a £1000 or so for someone to rush this visa through.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:31 pm »
America sucks.  This isn't some schmuck trying to steal precious jobs.  It's an international football player who just got signed by one of the biggest institutions in the sport.  What's the risk?
you sound like a potential immigrant, your visa has been denied! please read the form below... well that sounds like something i heard before... lol , for me.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:31 pm »
Carragher & Neville analyse Dejan Lovren

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0</a>

And this is Carra and Neville analyzing Sakho and Skrtel's defending in City/Norwich matches in the run in.

5:25

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YYfl9KBLd9A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YYfl9KBLd9A</a>
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2014, 05:35:37 pm »
Sakho has all the attributes to be a fantastic centre back. Hopefully Lovren can use his leadership to hand hold him, because Skrtel certainly won't.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2014, 05:43:42 pm »
I think Sakho not being able to communicate with Skrtel comfortably played a pretty significant role in his performance as well. He always looks like THE leader in a French back line that has some of the best defenders in world football playing in it, yet at times with us that leadership was mostly lacking and most of the time it looked like he was trying to do one thing while the other 3 were going about their own business. The spine of our defense all speaking fluent French should play a massive role this next season.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:18 pm »
Nice one.

Good to hear carra's endorsement on the Anfield wrap too
Great. He's Hoof-Endorsed.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2014, 09:18:21 pm »
He has changed his Twitter handle to,
@DejanLovrenLFC6

Cool guy, seems to be a fan of the club too.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »
I hope we don't get to the final of this comp now so we can get out of America and hopefully set up another friendly before the Dortmund game for him to play in.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2014, 09:45:38 pm »

Dejan Lovren ‏@DejanLovrenLFC6 29m

LIVERPOOL nice city :)

He seems made up so far

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
Sakho has all the attributes to be a fantastic centre back. Hopefully Lovren can use his leadership to hand hold him, because Skrtel certainly won't.
Hand hold Sakho?  :lmao

Sakho doesn't need his hand held, and certainly not by someone with infinitely less pedigree.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »
He's gonna be a fan fave soon. The way he seems to enchanted by the club and city already
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:28 pm »
Watching Premier League years and the amount of goals we conceed where a defender on the front foot would stop a fair few of the goals, we backed off from the ball far to much and I hope that Lovren installs that to our back line.