Author Topic: Rickie Lambert  (Read 132754 times)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool sign Rickie Lambert
« Reply #120 on: June 2, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »
Made up for the lad. Welcome to LFC Rickie - help make all our dreams come true!
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: June 2, 2014, 12:43:16 pm »
Shrewd purchase. Welcome, Rickie!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 2, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
Made up for him - reckon he'll prove to be a useful signing too!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #123 on: June 2, 2014, 12:45:10 pm »
Underwhelming, but good luck to him. Certainly got more about him than Aspas.

I don't get this. Signings are supposed to bolster and improve areas of the team - not make everyone wet their pants with excitement. I'm sure the signing of Kevin Keegan was underwhelming. Or Sami Hyppia (who he?). Or Newcastle failure Didi Hamann. Or Scottish unknown Ron Yeats. Or Blackpool teenager Emlyn Hughes, etc.

If Rickie Lambert is deemed to have what it takes to fit the team and make a contribution by the manager, then that is all that matters. It's only supposed to be exciting when the first ball is kicked, not when the contract is signed.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 2, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »
Welcome Rickie! Really pleased for the lad and love what he represents - someone who will go through brick walls for us and always give his all for the team, the club and the supporters.

Very astute signing in my opinion.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 2, 2014, 12:50:33 pm »
Absolutely made up for him.  Welcome lad.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 2, 2014, 12:50:42 pm »

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 2, 2014, 12:51:20 pm »
I feel sorry by anyone who thinks this signing is underwhelming...such a pessimistic outlook. I for one would not be surprised if Lambert is looked back at in 12 months as our best signing for the 2014/15 season.

It reminds me a bit of Sheringham to United. Similar players in a way and both past what at the time would have been regarded as their peak. Like Sheringham, I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert has another 5 years at the top.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 2, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »
So happy for him!  :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #129 on: June 2, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »
I don't get this. Signings are supposed to bolster and improve areas of the team - not make everyone wet their pants with excitement. I'm sure the signing of Kevin Keegan was underwhelming. Or Sami Hyppia (who he?). Or Newcastle failure Didi Hamann. Or Scottish unknown Ron Yeats. Or Blackpool teenager Emlyn Hughes, etc.

If Rickie Lambert is deemed to have what it takes to fit the team and make a contribution by the manager, then that is all that matters. It's only supposed to be exciting when the first ball is kicked, not when the contract is signed.
Erm, it adds to the squad of course. Just not the type of back-up I was expecting. He's more to offer than Aspas, who's signing I was also underwhelmed with. I don't really see what the problem is with saying my reaction to the signing. It's not going to have any influence in the outcome of his tenure here anyway.

Like I said before, good luck to him. I love his passion for the club.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2014, 12:54:57 pm by Rojo O Muerto »
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 2, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
Delighted for him and the club. Great price for an established striker. Welcome home.

Offline IamSpartacus

• ThePerfectMealForYourPartacus.
  • Main Stander
  • Director of Remote Control
« Reply #131 on: June 2, 2014, 12:54:46 pm »
I must say that I did not know much about Rickie when we were first linked to him. But I really like his background, his PL experience and the fact he can add something to the bench over other squad players. Plus he's a life long fan and will play his guts out for his boyhood club so a great signing.

Welcome back Rickie and congratulations mate. Hope you do great!
I, am the Illuminati!

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #132 on: June 2, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »
Looking at his face now, can't wait to see his first goal celebration.

Already leaning on stuff like a pro - no awkwardness whatsoever.

Welcome back feller.   :wave

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #133 on: June 2, 2014, 12:56:52 pm »
can someone send a link to his interview? liverpool fc site is asking me for registration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlBZWxHwZJE&feature=youtu.be&a

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #134 on: June 2, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »
He can Lean on things too!!

Ha ha marvellous! I want to see a picture of him leaning on Sakho ;D

Delighted with this news. Delighted for Rickie, delighted for the club and delighted for our support. My gut tells me he's going to be a Gary Mac of a signing, scoring a vital goal in a cup final.

I would say money can't buy the sort of commitment that he'll bring to the club....but apparently you can ;D
Underwhelming, but good luck to him.
Less of this.
Beautiful stuff. Welcome home Rickie! Make history lad!
More of this

:wave
« Last Edit: June 2, 2014, 12:59:42 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 2, 2014, 01:05:00 pm »

Anyone who manages double figures for both goals and assists in any of the top 5 leagues in Europe is a class act. To do that in the Premiership is outstanding. We now possess 3 of the 4 players who achieved this feat in the Premiership last season (Suarez, Gerrard, Lambert).

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: June 2, 2014, 01:05:57 pm »
Welcome Rickie.

That interview is brilliant, he just wants to giggle like a schoolkid, it's like he's nervously waiting for someone to turn round and say it's all a massive wind up.

Shrewd bit of business and good to see Rodgers giving us options so we can mix it up when certain teams sit back and defend.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #137 on: June 2, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
Welcome Rickie!!

Congrats lad.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #138 on: June 2, 2014, 01:13:25 pm »
Best first interview I've watched  - it's one thing to say all the right things its another to be so obviously feeling them

Can't wait till he scores his first in front of the Kop #SCENES

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #139 on: June 2, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »

Looking through the pictures it's like all the staff are on holiday so they left a contract on a table and told Zaq to take a few snaps on his camera for the site before locking up after themselves after the medical.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 2, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »
Lad is all smiles.. can't blame him really. Good luck, hopefully you can rise to the occasion.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 2, 2014, 01:16:45 pm »
Looking through the pictures it's like all the staff are on holiday so they left a contract on a table and told Zaq to take a few snaps on his camera for the site before locking up after themselves after the medical.
good call

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #142 on: June 2, 2014, 01:17:59 pm »
Only person in the world who couldn't wait for Zaf to get his hands on him.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 2, 2014, 01:21:27 pm »
That is the best first interview I seen for a while. Delighted for him. These are the kind of stories that keep the romance of football alive. Welcome back, Rickie.  :)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #144 on: June 2, 2014, 01:21:35 pm »
If I were Stevie, I'd go over, reach out my hand, "Congratulations Rickie. Welcome home", just to test if it shakes him. ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 2, 2014, 01:21:41 pm »
Lean and Lurk :wave

royhendo

« Reply #146 on: June 2, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »
My thoughts exactly.

If his recent history has been a fairy tale, then its conclusion must involve something special...

At least one winner in at least one cup final. I can feel it in my water!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 2, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »
Ha ha marvellous! I want to see a picture of him leaning on Sakho ;D

Delighted with this news. Delighted for Rickie, delighted for the club and delighted for our support. My gut tells me he's going to be a Gary Mac of a signing, scoring a vital goal in a cup final.

I would say money can't buy the sort of commitment that he'll bring to the club....but apparently you can ;D
At least one winner in at least one cup final. I can feel it in my water!
Two great minds or two stopped clocks ::)

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 2, 2014, 01:30:18 pm »
Really pleased with this. Welcome home, Rickie! Hope you have a successful time in Brazil, and even more successful upon your return to us.
YNWA :thumbup
« Last Edit: June 2, 2014, 02:35:37 pm by HarryLabrador »
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 2, 2014, 01:32:52 pm »
Welcome home Rickie.All the best

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 2, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »
At what point will the FA just call Brendan and ask him to manage the England team while he's at it? 

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #151 on: June 2, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »
At what stage do numbers get allocated?  I suspect that there is a number that he'd like but presently held by another whom many consider unilkely to be here at the end of the summer...if you get my drift.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #152 on: June 2, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »

Your mistake Pop is you base everything on actual football, like that is somehow still important in this modern age.

However, imagine you are playing Fifa and instead of transfer Lewandowski, Llorente or even Wilfried Bony into your team as a focal point for their attack, the poor lambs now have to make do with Ricky Lambert. Let's hope a patch comes out to sort his pace out then everyone will be happy.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 2, 2014, 01:36:08 pm »
This decades Aldo :-)

Cracking interview, and this lad has got so much more to his game than the stereotypical "target man" that some seem to be labelling him with.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 2, 2014, 01:38:17 pm »

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #155 on: June 2, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »
delighted for him. Think he will be an important squad player for us, you just know he'll give it his all.
+18 ticket exchange

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 2, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »
His first interview is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlBZWxHwZJE

That interview is just fucking boss. Already love him. Look at what it means to him !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 2, 2014, 01:43:10 pm »
Welcome Home Rickie  :)

What a great story, absolutely delighted for him, it means so much for him, we'll get behind you Rickie mate  :)
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #158 on: June 2, 2014, 01:45:46 pm »
Fantastic story, as others have said.  Delighted by this early signing and the signs coming from the Club are encouraging ahead of next season (and, indeed, the future).

Wrote a write-up on Rickie Lambert for The Redmen TV a couple of evenings back:

Few journeys to this summer’s World Cup can be considered as remarkable as that of Southampton’s Rickie Lambert, whom Roy Hodgson selected off the back of a season in which the forward scored thirteen goals and made ten assists as the Saints secured an eleven-year best 8th place.  The Kirkby-born forward was released by his hometown Club at the age of fifteen but has since scored goals in every division of the Football League en-route to the Premier League and, in the coming, to Brazil.  On Thursday night, the forward is the subject of reputable speculation linking him to the side he has long-supported – yet another step in an increasingly extraordinary career appears to be within reach and Lambert’s career progression thus far suggests that he could well take the demands of a move to Liverpool within his stride.

Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15308

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 2, 2014, 01:48:18 pm »
If we ever need a fresh set of legs for the pen shootout in next season's CL final...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art