Author Topic: Fabio Borini  (Read 525257 times)

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
Re: Fabio Borini
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2013, 03:47:11 pm »
I hope that Fabio gets a run of games once he returns. It looks like we will be without Luis for a number of games, so there will be opportunities up front. There is not much pressure now, and it could do him the world of good to bag a few goals, have a good pre-season and hit the ground running next season.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »
He's lucky now that there is a vacancy and he can get games. He is a good player who has done nothing for us, and of course has been troubled by injuries. This is the time to justify his 10m price tag. If he starts getting a few goals, he might be able to get back to form.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2013, 04:06:04 pm »
If he starts getting a few goals, he might be able to get back to form.

I forgot we had him.
When was he 'in form'?
I would rather Sturridge was up front when there is no Suarez.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 04:15:03 pm »
Just been thinking about him and how he'll be used now we have Sturridge and Coutinho (and who knows who else) next season. Someone mentioned Kuyt and those comparisons have been made before as well and they're something I agree with. And I think he could be used like Downing has this season, particularly since our January arrivals. Sturridge-Suarez-Coutinho looks lovely on paper but I'm not sure how practical it would be on the pitch. I think we've played one or two games with that combination and have struggled (to my recollection anyway). Ironically enough, it's stressed the importance of Downing for me and how he brings balance to the side. His performances have improved from last season but he helps keep us more solid and will protect his fullbacks better than Sturridge, Suarez or Coutinho (and in theory, help give his fullback licence to support those front players).

Borini (who I still think has got a lot more to show up front*) seems like the type of player who can also offer that type of service for us and whilst him (or Downing) aren't as spectacular as our other front players, it could be that his presence could be very important next season in keeping a balanced side and helping us improve upon this year.

*I'd like to see him play up front surrounded by two of our other front players but I don't think Rodgers sees him in that way. It mightn't work anyway as Suarez and Sturridge in particular are usually always looking to come inside.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:31 pm »
I forgot we had him.
When was he 'in form'?

is he not allowed to just be an option?

we haven't got to see much of fabio yet bit foolish to write him off already.

we don't need another main striker with sturridge and suarez, this lad is a youthful option who hasn't really had the chance to get going yet. people see him as a Łnumber as ever though
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:27:17 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2013, 04:46:46 pm »
In honesty, I still haven't made a judgement on the lad. It's obvious like any player he needs a run of games to get going.

My only concern is, if Suarez is banned and we call upon him, he is likely to be judged against Suarez standards.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »
Forgot all about Fabio as I thought his season was over.

Hopefully he can get a couple of games under his belt before the end of the season and if he scored against Everton what a first PL goal that would be for him and give him some confidence for the future.

Offline Teamboca

• Gutted. Like a fish, a FISH, I tells ya!
  • Anny Roader
  • Will get to anfield at some point in my life
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »
All I want is for him to score before the end of the season so we can see that brilliant celebration.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2013, 04:57:14 pm »
Dont see where he fits personally for the majority of games.

He's looked really average on the right where he has played all but one game and he is not going to displace Suarez or Sturridge from a central role and both of them are ahead of him even if we are going to playing one of them wide.

If we dont make Europe he'll play fuck all.

Poor signing. Should've spent the money on Sturridge to start with.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:08 pm »
I think him and Coutinho would link up very, very well.

The Kuyt comparisons are fair, but I think he will be more like our version of Hernandez, which has also been said before.

If he can start scoring and get on a roll, I can definitely see him being an important player for us next season, whether it be starting or as an impact sub.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »
I won't go as far as saying he has been a poor signing but you question whether Rodgers would make this sort of signing in hindsight, knowing now what he knows about the team and where the weaknesses are? Seems more of a signing you make when you have time to develop.

He hasn't looked good so far though and even fully fit, you would still think we need a striker because he hasn't shown enough for him to replace Suarez or Sturridge when they are not playing.

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2013, 05:08:44 pm »
My only concern is, if Suarez is banned and we call upon him, he is likely to be judged against Suarez standards.

I agree with this and the issue is that Borini is no where near the same type of player.  I've seen evidence that Fabio can link up well, can play clever passes, can make nice runs, etc - but I haven't seen that he has the ability to create something from nothing the way that Suarez can.  Suarez would be a great player even if he was on a pretty shite team, whereas if Borini played for a team like QPR and I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to score all year.  Basically, in order for Borini to look good he needs players around him playing well - which is an issue given the complete and total lack of consistency we've seen from the squad this year...

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
Re: fabio Borini
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »
Unbelievable mate. Just re-read what you put there. So if we sign someone in the summer and they are crap but try hard that's acceptable is it?

Well no but i would rather have a tryer than somebody who doesn't try

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:06 pm »
Borini is a completely different player from Kuyt.

Dirk used to get it and run with it, try and take someone on - I don't think I've ever seen Borini run with the ball.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »
Would like to see the lad given a chance through the middle. Borini seems wasted when we play him out wide as he isn't the fastest or most skillful player on our books. However not every player is gifted enough to be able to play multiple roles in a team, so it would be great to see him being played in a position that can maximise what he brings to the field.

The few times he has been deployed in the middle he's lacked any kind of service or help up top. Pretty sure we started him through the middle against Udinese at home and he was left to battle their back three on his own.

If he can get fit, regain a bit of confidence and we actually get players around and supporting him there is no reason why he cant score a decent amount of goals for us.

Bit too early to be writing him off or calling him a flop.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2013, 07:27:45 pm »
Personally can't wait to see him back on the pitch, liked him when he has played and think he'll grow to be a big player for us, he's the type of player that every team needs, one who will run behind, create space and isn't scared of having a go at goal. He's got a belter of a left foot on him and his celebration's boss an all!

Good luck to the lad, gutted we'll lose Suarez to a ban but made up Borini may get a chance.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2013, 07:28:12 pm »
We've deffo missed his legendary movement in the last 6 months.....
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »
Many people seem confident that he will be featuring immediately but I can't see him being used as anything more than a late sub in the remaining games. I'm guessing he'll need a few weeks of training before he gets a start.

Some players you just instantly warm to and for me he's one of those. But beyond that I think we have a talented, hungry player with a lot to prove and he appears to have the intelligence to fit into the system, can play anywhere across the front 3.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »
I won't go as far as saying he has been a poor signing but you question whether Rodgers would make this sort of signing in hindsight, knowing now what he knows about the team and where the weaknesses are? Seems more of a signing you make when you have time to develop.

He hasn't looked good so far though and even fully fit, you would still think we need a striker because he hasn't shown enough for him to replace Suarez or Sturridge when they are not playing.

i would say had he bought Coutinho first he would have been looking for a couple of different type of players, Coutinho right now can be the brilliant cuckoo in the nest for Rodgers.

To be fair to Borini he has played less games than it took Peter Crouch to score for us.

Nobody should be judging players on 16 games with how many of them as a sub?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2013, 08:04:20 pm »
Nobody should be judging players on 16 games with how many of them as a sub?

424 minutes of PL football to be precise.

Anyone attempting to make a decision on less than 5 PL games in total needs to give their head a wobble.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »
He is coming back from a major injury just when we will have no Suarez, just ramping up the pressure from fans who will it find it impossible not to compare an unfit young lad with arguably the third best player in the world.
I fear more will turn on him.
Then again one intelligent run and a fantastic through ball from Coutinho that goes in off his knee and suddenly he'll be the answer to all our prayers.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
Ideal time, pressures off now till next season. We've got the derby and it would be nice to finish the season on a relative high with a good run till the end of this one but it's also about a good an opportunity as you can get for giving the likes of Fabio a run out to get his confidence up for the next campaign.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2013, 08:14:23 pm »
Think Coutinho will enjoy the lad's movement off the ball.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2013, 08:32:00 pm »

Kind of what I was thinking. Will be interesting to see how they link up.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2013, 09:04:44 pm »
i think i agree with that, both has gotmore to offer which is excellent for us

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »

i would say that on form any player with good movement will benefit next season from a settled  Coutinho, he is on form a bit of a magician.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2013, 09:40:49 pm »

From what I've seen of him in a LFC shirt

+

Exceptional movement
High work rate / pressing
Intelligence
Stamina
Tactical awareness

-

Confidence
strength / pace
unreliable first touch

Jury is out on:

Vision

His mental strength is supposed to be a strength but he's not seemed confident to me at all so it appears to be more fragile than advertised, hopefully if he can have a good pre season and get some goals he can be a good squad player

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:22 am »
I'd say the only thing we've seen from him on that list is a high work rate.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2013, 01:43:35 am »
Borini is a completely different player from Kuyt.

Dirk used to get it and run with it, try and take someone on - I don't think I've ever seen Borini run with the ball.

He did? Kuyt used to get the ball and run with it, trying to take someone on? Seriously? When did he regularly do that? And with what rate of success?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2013, 03:44:50 am »
I forgot we had him.
When was he 'in form'?

He was in form when he was scoring a goal every 2 games for Roma and when he scored 9 goals in a couple months on loan to Swansea. He's had 5 bleeding starts for Liverpool in the league. His goal in front of the Kop (on his home debut) kept us in the Europa League. He is a good player. Anyone that says he isn't a good young player has no idea what they are talking about-all due respect...actually forget the respect part.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2013, 07:46:36 am »
I don't think fabio borini will be a world class player but he will become a good player for us

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2013, 08:26:21 am »
From what I've seen of him in a LFC shirt

+

Exceptional movement
High work rate / pressing
Intelligence
Stamina
Tactical awareness

-

Confidence
strength / pace
unreliable first touch

Jury is out on:

Vision

His mental strength is supposed to be a strength but he's not seemed confident to me at all so it appears to be more fragile than advertised, hopefully if he can have a good pre season and get some goals he can be a good squad player

This is pretty much how I see him so far. Confidence will come with goals and goals will come with regularal play time :)

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2013, 08:49:06 am »
I'm sure Fabio will prove many of you wrong. He'll score plenty next season, there I said it. :scarf
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2013, 08:54:57 am »
I'm sure Fabio will prove many of you wrong. He'll score plenty next season, there I said it. :scarf
i think that, dont think it shall 20 or 2 a season, i think it will be a steady 10-15

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: fabio Borini
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:43 am »
Brendan obviously likes him, IMO he paid too much for Borini and Allen, both Borini and Allen players finding it difficult at this level.  I don't think either player are good enough to pull on a first team shirt, maybe if we qualify for the UEFA Cup play them in there but not in the Premiership. 

We will have to sell again to buy new players, so who do we offload, I think Borini is probably on his way along with AC, unless someone comes in with big money for Luis.  Brendan will have to get it right this summer or he will be gone at Christmas.

Joe Allen
Date of birth: 14 March 1990 (age 23)

Fabio Borini
Date of birth: 29 March 1991 (age 22)

Both of them have suffered significant injuries during their first season with LFC.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:50 am »
I really like this fella and look forward to his return. He shows he wants to succeed here, which game was it when he was trying to get the fans buzzing, loved that gif.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2013, 09:59:15 am »
its stick or twist time for Borini

he's got a fantastic opportunity this season, and he should be really up for it.

There is next to no pressure on him now, as we have signed Coutinho and Sturridge and they will be contributing in attack. All Borini has to do is work his arse off in training and show what he can do on the pitch.

If it aint good enough....im sure he will be shown the door.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2013, 07:28:25 pm »
Good reward for working so hard to come back early for the fella today. To come on, with the lads playing with freedom, and score with a lovely, smart finish like that must of felt great.

Good to see he didn't alter his celebration either  ;D

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2013, 07:29:06 pm »
Should have regained some of his lost confidence with that goal.

Absolutely made up.

Oh. And where are the haters now?

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2013, 07:29:47 pm »
Great start for him back!