Author Topic: Fabio Borini  (Read 525242 times)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Re: Fabio Borini
« Reply #3960 on: July 27, 2014, 09:32:58 pm »
Close to fifty of them have got to do with Sunderland and injuries.   ;)
And the other 50 are about his penalty against Chelsea  ;D

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3961 on: July 27, 2014, 09:53:22 pm »
I'm not the biggest fan of Borini my self, but I find it utterly hilarious, bordering on ridiculous, that people are SO GOD DAMN CERTAIN that Borini wont make it at Liverpool. As if he's been give a proper chance and has just looked awful.

HE HASN"T REALLY PLAYED FOR US!!! 13 appearances coming off an injury, most from the bench, how the fuck can you people be so certain...?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #3962 on: July 28, 2014, 02:24:00 am »
I'm not the biggest fan of Borini my self, but I find it utterly hilarious, bordering on ridiculous, that people are SO GOD DAMN CERTAIN that Borini wont make it at Liverpool. As if he's been give a proper chance and has just looked awful.

HE HASN"T REALLY PLAYED FOR US!!! 13 appearances coming off an injury, most from the bench, how the fuck can you people be so certain...?
I think people see the £14m headline and get greedy to use it to sign a more proven 'name' striker. I'm on the fence personally - on the one side it would be a great deal to accept that bid, but on the other I think he'd be a solid asset in the squad. I can't shake the feeling that there's a little bit of raw Filipo Inzaghi about him, in the sense that he's not very quick or the best dribbler you'll see, but excels through hard work and intelligent runs. To achieve his potential he'll need plenty of coaching and training though, but imo he has the potential to still become a very solid attacker.

One point in particular that I think he MUST improve in order to succeed in the PL is that he needs to use his body more to shield the ball from opponents. He's highly intelligent in his choice and timing of runs, but he needs to become smarter at jockeying defenders - not necessarily by being brutish, but by simply getting in between the ball and the chasing defender when latching onto throughballs in order to earn himself either a foul or some space to shoot. If he does that he will score twice as many goals as he currently does for sure.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3963 on: July 29, 2014, 07:22:37 am »

tend to agree...I am not his biggest fan - I believe his touch in games for us has been suspect, and he has certainly not shown a great goal threat playing as a striker for us - however, a man who has done enough to get noticed by Chelsea, roma and Liverpool, scored 17 top flight goals at one in 4, and been selected for the Italian national side is not a complete dud
we will see if he gets to stay and then gets an opportunity to play what happens.........he has good movement, he works hard, and he has shown both a goal touch and a strong nerve.....maybe he needs something to convert his potential into output
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3964 on: July 29, 2014, 09:34:55 am »
he has good movement

Been a while since I last heard it.  :P
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: July 29, 2014, 12:45:26 pm »

Been a while since I last heard it.  :P

Summing up what I think his strengths are

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3966 on: July 29, 2014, 12:50:56 pm »
2nd or 3rd choice at the moment with the season just a few weeks away... would be daft to move!

Could be v.useful this season if our next striker target does not have premier league experience.

Bravo
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #3967 on: July 29, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »
Seems the type of situation where Brendan lets him know what the deal is by leaving him out of the squad or as an unused sub for the Southampton game. That's assuming he comes back by that point from the injury, though.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #3968 on: July 29, 2014, 04:32:15 pm »
I can't see Brendan going about things like that. If he isn't on the bench its because we have better options. Likewise if he is there, doesn't mean he won't be leaving before the window closes.

If he stays I'm sure the door will be open for him to force his way through 'if' he's good enough just like Henderson.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »
Seems the type of situation where Brendan lets him know what the deal is by leaving him out of the squad or as an unused sub for the Southampton game. That's assuming he comes back by that point from the injury, though.

what would be the point of that ? either he's deemed good enough to be in the squad on merit or he isn't.
any behavior other than that is being petty and small time.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #3970 on: July 29, 2014, 07:19:29 pm »
what would be the point of that ?

Carroll was giving off similar vibes when he was saying he wanted to stay here and fight for his place 2 years ago. Think Brendan brought on Carroll(for Borini) for the last 5 minutes for our last league game before the Window closed and Carroll realized that he was not really in the plans and that you can't really fight for your place if you're getting under 10 minutes to prove your talent.

Rodgers will do whatever he thinks will win us games so perhaps the wording in my first post sounded too cynical. Just don't think Borini factors into our plans.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3971 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:57 pm »
Brendan has had Borini at three clubs now, he likes the lad and he's a decent lad also. I think they probably know each other well enough not to play games with each other and have an honest and open conversation.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:52 am »
In talks with Sunderland according to Poyet.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #3973 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:53 am »
Isn't he still in the US?
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: July 30, 2014, 08:19:29 am »
He'll be on his way before the windows out. With us being at an even higher level this year, there's just no place for him in the team, he's just lacking in too many departments. Let him move on with his career and make a tidy sum back off him.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: July 30, 2014, 08:20:57 am »
Isn't he still in the US?
"Borini, who returned early to the UK from Liverpool’s pre-season tour of America at the weekend for treatment on a shoulder problem."
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/liverpool-striker-borini-in-sunderland-talks-1-6756954

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3976 on: July 30, 2014, 08:33:38 am »
Thanks mate. Looks like it could go through then.

I might be in!

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #3977 on: July 30, 2014, 03:40:54 pm »
He'll be on his way before the windows out. With us being at an even higher level this year, there's just no place for him in the team, he's just lacking in too many departments. Let him move on with his career and make a tidy sum back off him.

I think he is decent enough to be the third or fourth choice striker of our team, and even if we sell him and go into the market chances are we'll most likely end-up with an Aspas-like signing (who came in as a replacement to Borini last season) who will not be cheap at this time in the market. He has a decent knowledge about the league and maybe that will help him and us.

I am not saying that he fits the team perfectly ( not by the looks of it ATM) but, there is no harm in him being the 4th choice striker i.e., if we end-up buying another striker, which I am sure we will. I agree the 14 million pound offer is too hard to turn down but their is a reason why Sunderland are paying that for him.

Have mentioned it earlier as well. This discussion is going round and round.  :boring
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3978 on: July 30, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »
I always get annoyed when people call him a poacher/compare him to Inzaghi etc.

He has NEVER shown the finishing ability of someone like Inzaghi. And that is why he is not ready to be a striker for us.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #3979 on: July 30, 2014, 04:26:01 pm »
I think he is decent enough to be the third or fourth choice striker of our team,

That might have been acceptable if our first two choices were Sturridge and Suarez racking up 40+ games a piece, but we're now looking at a decent opening of games/minutes to fill. To be getting 12-14m for someone who will be 3rd or 4th choice with no real hope of knocking on the starting door is kind of a no brainer.

I'd previously thought that maybe pairing up with someone in front of a diamond suited Fabio, but it just doesn't look like he's got enough qualities to make up for his lack of physicality. Not pacy, tricky, or good enough of a passer to justify sacrificing a midfielder to play 2 up top.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »

He can't play alone as a forward
His touch isn't amazing
He's not that quick
He's hardly Fowler in the box
He's not great with his back to goal
He's not strong or tall

In fact i'd go so far as to say he's not that great. 14 million is a fucking outrageous price, imo he's worth 3-4.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3981 on: July 30, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »
Hopefully this falls through and he stays....need commited backup with the extra pressure of the CL
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: July 30, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »
I would rather take the money, but I totally respect his choice to stay. He's a fighter, and he did score a few important goals for Sunderland so I like his character. He might surprise some people
Xerxes MBE

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: July 30, 2014, 07:11:04 pm »
Cash in and run, this lad is never going to make it at liverpool. Sunderland is his level, good luck to him if he moves.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: August 2, 2014, 10:42:29 am »
He can't play alone as a forward
His touch isn't amazing
He's not that quick
He's hardly Fowler in the box
He's not great with his back to goal
He's not strong or tall

In fact i'd go so far as to say he's not that great. 14 million is a fucking outrageous price, imo he's worth 3-4.

It's a shame you weren't advising when we paid 10m for him then

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3985 on: August 2, 2014, 10:56:28 am »
I can't see Brendan going about things like that. If he isn't on the bench its because we have better options. Likewise if he is there, doesn't mean he won't be leaving before the window closes.

If he stays I'm sure the door will be open for him to force his way through 'if' he's good enough just like Henderson.

Is Brad Jones better than Reina? If he's not wanted there's no use in him staying.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3986 on: August 2, 2014, 12:44:44 pm »
It's a shame you weren't advising when we paid 10m for him then

Maybe he didn't watch him then? I honestly think he's on point.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #3987 on: August 29, 2014, 11:02:09 pm »
Meanwhile, Rodgers has told Fabio Borini he would be better off joining Sunderland than remaining at Anfield as Monday's transfer deadline looms.

The Italian striker has been stalling over a move to the North East since the Reds agreed a £14million deal last month.

“I think Fabio's situation is clear,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“All the players who there have been doubts about know exactly where they are at.

“Fabio has got a move there to Sunderland which has been ongoing for a number of weeks. He knows where he stands in terms of his position here at Liverpool.

“For him, it's best to move on and get playing regularly. But that's something he has to decide.”

Rodgers insists he's happy to go into the campaign with Daniel Sturridge, Mario Balotelli and Rickie Lambert as his three frontline strikers.

“We will have the types of strikers that I want in Balotelli, Sturridge and Lambert,” he said.

“Rickie has already showed his worth. He was brought in to come on and affect games he's done that for the last two games.

“For Fabio, he will want to play I'm sure. He's a good kid whose opportunities here been limited. We will see how that develops.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-daniel-agger-looks-7692767

Rodgers stopping short of telling Fabio to fuck off, in the nicest possible way.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3988 on: August 29, 2014, 11:05:47 pm »
Ha, yep. That's about as polite a way of telling someone to fuck off as you can find. Nice guy is Brendan.

Just when he wonders if he's being too subtle he names every other striker other than Borini and points out that they're all he needs.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:07:19 pm by Cpt_Reina »

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #3989 on: August 29, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »
Looks like he is here, let's get behind him and hope he proves us all wrong. May be the next David Ngog, do nothing then show up for two or three big games to put in a shift. He's a decent lad, and he really hasn't had a proper chance because of injury. Like I said though, regardless of your thoughts, let's hope he makes us all eat out hats.

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #3990 on: August 29, 2014, 11:36:47 pm »
Hope he leaves tomorrow, good that the club is clearing out space in the squad for new players and avoid dressing room conflict with miserable players who are riding the bench
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3991 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:02 pm »
Pow.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #3992 on: August 29, 2014, 11:41:53 pm »
I think Borini is hoping for a move to a Serie A club personally. If Roma sell Destro I can see them trying to buy back Borini. But also Sunderland continuing to spend means they may not have that £14m any longer available.

Just hope it is not a loan and we get at least £10m for him.

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: August 29, 2014, 11:45:21 pm »
I think Borini is hoping for a move to a Serie A club personally. If Roma sell Destro I can see them trying to buy back Borini. But also Sunderland continuing to spend means they may not have that £14m any longer available.

Just hope it is not a loan and we get at least £10m for him.

Unlikely now.

I might be in!

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #3994 on: August 29, 2014, 11:46:13 pm »
Upto Borini now. I'd prefer him to go if it meant someone else was coming in but i dont think they are so i'd be happy enough if he stuck around and got a chance in the league cup... loaning him only seems like papering over the cracks.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: August 29, 2014, 11:48:17 pm »
Looks like he is here, let's get behind him and hope he proves us all wrong. May be the next David Ngog, do nothing then show up for two or three big games to put in a shift. He's a decent lad, and he really hasn't had a proper chance because of injury. Like I said though, regardless of your thoughts, let's hope he makes us all eat out hats.

I'll be surprised if he even gets a game in the Carling Cup if he still decides to stay after Brendan has basically told him to get going. Borini sadly doesn't really fit in very well for any of the roles in the team, and Brendan would clearly very much prefer that £14m, which he could put towards a player who would be a better fit.

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3996 on: August 29, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »
I hope he stays. I have this gut feeling he would do well as a partner up front with balotelli. Maybe, in cup games perhaps.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #3997 on: August 30, 2014, 12:03:19 am »
Has anyone of our first team regulars had to prove himself to Rodgers before? Like a guy who was told by the manager it's best he left, but stayed and is now one of the first names on the team sheet?

Anyone like that? I'm blanking.

Henderson possibly?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:11 am »
Has anyone of our first team regulars had to prove himself to Rodgers before? Like a guy who was told by the manager it's best he left, but stayed and is now one of the first names on the team sheet?

Anyone like that? I'm blanking.

Totally different situation

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #3999 on: August 30, 2014, 12:05:27 am »
I'll be surprised if he even gets a game in the Carling Cup if he still decides to stay after Brendan has basically told him to get going. Borini sadly doesn't really fit in very well for any of the roles in the team, and Brendan would clearly very much prefer that £14m, which he could put towards a player who would be a better fit.

I have no doubt that Brendan doesn't rate him and would rather the 14M. All I am saying is, if he is stuck here let's hope he proves us wrong, by which I mean, scoring goals when he is in. Hopefully we can sell him on for 14M or better, because that number is astronomical for Borini in my opinion.