Author Topic: Fabio Borini  (Read 525214 times)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Re: Fabio Borini
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2013, 06:48:29 am »
Delighted for the lad. Has made an impact after coming on in previous games but hasn't been rewarded.

Hopefully next season he gets a bit luckier with injuries. Has predatory instincts, and confidence should boost his game.

YWNA

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2013, 07:06:42 am »

Happy to see Fabio get his first bite in league. Hopefully very chewed fingers this time next year.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2013, 07:08:48 am »

Happy to see Fabio get his first bite in league. Hopefully very chewed fingers this time next year.

He could get 10 weeks for that.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Rambo1996

• Main Stander
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2013, 07:47:08 am »
:lmao
Yes he could, yes he could...

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:18 am »
Lazy bastard journalists saying his celebration was in support of Suarez. 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:03 am »
I said hes good enough

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2013, 09:00:23 am »

:lmao

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2013, 09:08:53 am »

Seriously?  ;D Comedy gold  ;D ;D

Lucas' tweet:

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2013, 09:41:16 am »
Seriously?  ;D Comedy gold  ;D ;D

Lucas' tweet:

Yes in the Mirror, so no surprise.  All they have to do is look at just one of his previous goals to see his celebration.  But remember some journalist said Suarez kissed his hand on purpose after the Mansfield goal.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline tenchi56

• Boys Pen
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2013, 10:32:00 am »
They're really saying it was in support of Suarez? Idiots.

On topic, well done Borini. Well taken goal. :)

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2013, 11:09:54 am »
I think what impressed me most about his goal was his instinctive move to the right position. Started out on the left, then cut into the centre, then dropped back a yard to receive the pass. Good instincts. Many players stand and wait for the ballcarrier to find them. He made it easy.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:51 am »
How many different goal scorers we had now this season?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2013, 11:29:23 am »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Outlaw

• Main Stander
Re: Re: Fabio Borini
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:36 am »
I'd say the only thing we've seen from him on that list is a high work rate.

You cam say whatever you like but his movement is unquestionably superb.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:25 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crimmins

• Kemlynite
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »
amazing how many opinions have been formed on a man whos played about 20 minutes in a new league/new team/new country. its impossible to know for sure what he will or wont do until at least next season

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »

Martin Lipton on twitter calling the celebration a disgrace ahahahaha.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2013, 02:23:54 pm »
Martin Lipton on twitter calling the celebration a disgrace ahahahaha.

Hahahaha, they just have to find something to get worked up about don't they? What a tit.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2013, 02:29:38 pm »

Thats some sort of Fascist salute, I'm sure of it.

Or a Goombay Dance Band, move.

One of the two.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »
Goombay Dance Band written all over it.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
Liptons being abused like the idiot he is. Calling it a disgrace and pathetic, then backtracking and saying its not his newspaper (it's the Sunday version) and then getting called out cos his paper did publish a story when Borini joined explaining what his celebration was about!! Clown.

He'll score next game too btw
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crimmins

• Kemlynite
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »
to be honest i can see why papers would say, sell papers, controversy, keep the Suarez thing overshadowing everything else, bullshit. But i dont think a journalist would deliberately make himself look stupid like that on his own twitter which isnt promoting his newspaper. He probably genuinely didnt know, given Borini's lack of goals or times weve seen the celebration, its not hard to see why

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
to be honest i can see why papers would say, sell papers, controversy, keep the Suarez thing overshadowing everything else, bullshit. But i dont think a journalist would deliberately make himself look stupid like that on his own twitter which isnt promoting his newspaper. He probably genuinely didnt know, given Borini's lack of goals or times weve seen the celebration, its not hard to see why

That's a fair point but at the same time it's not hard to check the facts before you make a statement like calling the celebration pathetic.  They did it with Suarez's celebration against Mansfield too so there's no excuse for it in my view.

On a side note, love the photo of Pepe saluting Borini's goal.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:15 pm »
Love this mad bastard.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2013, 02:57:42 pm »
I'm glad he got his first goal in his first season here. After all of his injury woes, to come on and score within a few minutes would have been brilliant for him, certainly even more so than it was for us. Hopefully this is the start of a long career full of goals.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:59:18 pm by sms1986 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2013, 03:01:24 pm »
I'm glad he got his first goal in his first season here. After all of his injury woes, to come on and score within a few minutes would have been brilliant for him, certainly even more so than it was for us. Hopefully this is the start of a long career full of goals.

Yeah, it was the perfect game and time for him to come on too, we were playing well and full of confidence and if he'd not scored it wouldn't really have mattered, which took the pressure off him a lot. So pleased for him.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »
But i dont think a journalist would deliberately make himself look stupid like that on his own twitter which isnt promoting his newspaper. He probably genuinely didnt know, given Borini's lack of goals or times weve seen the celebration, its not hard to see why

Yeah one shouldn't expect a chief football sports writer to know the subject matter he's paid to know and write about.

Martin Lipton at his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9elfwV8cU&feature=player_embedded

;D

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »
I think what impressed me most about his goal was his instinctive move to the right position. Started out on the left, then cut into the centre, then dropped back a yard to receive the pass. Good instincts. Many players stand and wait for the ballcarrier to find them. He made it easy.

That's where we'll see the best of Fabio, in the box where he has great instincts in his movement and finishing.  He also is very good at set-pieces too, from his days on loan here in Swansea it was clear that he'd been watching Drogba's technique at free-kicks very closely.

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »
That's where we'll see the best of Fabio, in the box where he has great instincts in his movement and finishing.  He also is very good at set-pieces too, from his days on loan here in Swansea it was clear that he'd been watching Drogba's technique at free-kicks very closely.

Don't think we've seen the best of him for sure - think time out injured etc in some ways may have helped as time has prob helped a few others with price tags - expectation for now is to see how he comes along.  Well taken goal - seems a bit of a poacher - saw his goals at Roma and always seemed to be in the right place - definately a different option to the likes of Sturridge and Suarez...

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2013, 05:03:00 pm »
Yeah one shouldn't expect a chief football sports writer to know the subject matter he's paid to know and write about.

Martin Lipton at his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9elfwV8cU&feature=player_embedded

;D

Embedded for people who can't be arsed to click a link.

<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TknnvlcLsYI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TknnvlcLsYI?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »
Anyone doubting the fuss about this fellas movement only needs to look at it in the build up to his goal, it was 1st class and the reason he got that split second to take 2 touches that close to goal. It's the sort of goal you expect Hernandez to score for the mancs.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Crimmins

• Kemlynite
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2013, 05:10:49 pm »
exactly, hes the chief writer for Sports. do you expect him to know every celebration from every sport? would be difficult youd have to say no?
if you hadnt seen it before and seen him do it, youd think it was coincidentley relevant no? you cant expect every journalist to be as immersed in Liverpool as we all are

the Suarez one was different because its a celebration everyones seen time and time again, they knew full well what he doing and went with their agenda anyway

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »
exactly, hes the chief writer for Sports. do you expect him to know every celebration from every sport? would be difficult youd have to say no?
if you hadnt seen it before and seen him do it, youd think it was coincidentley relevant no? you cant expect every journalist to be as immersed in Liverpool as we all are

But it would take less than a minute to find out, just type "Borini celebration" into google and there's your answer. It's the lack of research these "journalists" do that bothers me.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Crimmins

• Kemlynite
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2013, 05:20:07 pm »
yeah maybe so, but he did apologise and say he didnt know which is fair enough imo, he made a mistake, think we of all people should know this week thats its possible and theres no point going over it time and time again. normally hes half decent

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »
His movement is simply brilliant isn't it? Even though he is technically not the most gifted, his intelligent movement means that he will find himself in good goal scoring positions on many occasions and will convert more than a few. People underestimate the importance of a player's ability to move intelligently and with the correct timing.

Looking forward to seeing more of him. Hope he stays fit.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Crimmins

• Kemlynite
« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »
one of his greatest attribute is gonna be high intensity, defending from the front with him and Suarez was gonna be key for Rodgers at the start of the season that never worked out and not something that Sturridge will ever really contribute to, but will be good at latching on to any break that Suarez and Borini create from this

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »
But it would take less than a minute to find out, just type "Borini celebration" into google and there's your answer. It's the lack of research these "journalists" do that bothers me.
And how exactly is that going to sell newspapers? We all know what the priorities are...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fellaini

• Anny Roader
  • They talk dead funny but they play dead great
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:36 pm »

the Suarez one was different because its a celebration everyones seen time and time again, they knew full well what he doing and went with their agenda anyway

I'm not having that. This is the guy who spouts stats for fun. Other journo's call him laptop because he's always on top of the stats. He doesn't just know this shit - he looks it up - but he's too fucking lazy to look up Borini's goal celebration before printing a condemnation of it. He's a first class prick who has now shown us all that he's a first class prick.