Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1517736 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5880 on: September 18, 2015, 11:00:38 am »
Boxhead the bouncer at Erics
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #5881 on: September 18, 2015, 07:19:51 pm »
Not long got back,  reckon about 600 travelled and a couple of hundred locals in our end, the lads kept the songs going as much as poss, including a boss slow version of PST, disappointing to see so many empty seats though.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5882 on: September 18, 2015, 07:50:43 pm »
Could be prices and us not playing well affecting it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5883 on: September 18, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »
Yeah that was a strange night mate. I remember thinking the exact same thing. Where have all these faces come from? It was full of older Scousers who I hadn't seen before. I think the Milwall thing brought a lot of old timers out of the woodwork for that game.

There was a load of older lads from Huyton who used to run riot back in the day, with a lad called  Boxhead being on the front page of the Echo the following day!

And that prick of a Chairman and all connected to Milwall actually, blatently denying there was no provocation from their fans and there was no reference to Hillsborough at all  ::)

I was there that night. John Peel died that day and the Millwall fans sang some unsavoury songs about him as well as songs about Hillsborough. I remember their lot making a loud droning noise every time we starting to get a song or a chant going as well.

Only got home about four in the morning. Bastards!

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5884 on: September 18, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »

I was there that night. John Peel died that day and the Millwall fans sang some unsavoury songs about him as well as songs about Hillsborough. I remember their lot making a loud droning noise every time we starting to get a song or a chant going as well.

Only got home about four in the morning. Bastards!

They were also singing some nasty stuff about Liverpool-born engineer Ken Bigley, who had been murdered in Iraq earlier in the month.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5885 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
I was at Millwall and there wasn't a jester hat or replica shirt in sight. It was fucking mad considering it was the 2000's and football had become a media darling.

That place has a certain foreboding when you approach it and its even worse when you are inside and leaving the place. Their fans take you back in time to the good/bad old days.  These are not your skinny jeans, boating shoes cockneys you see at most games.  Sheepskin jackets, flat caps etc. Its all very fucking weird at Millwall.

Ive posted this a few times over the years on here, but that night there were a very large number of Scousers in the New Den that i had never seen at a game before and have never seen since, really menacing looking big fuckers too .  Remember them all piling in not long after kick off and headed straight over to the part of our end near their nutter fans. Seats getting ripped out and thrown, the lot.

And if you think the Mancs chant the vilest stuff about LFC then you've never been to Millwall.
Aaaaah the memories.

Rememeber the young cat having enough of their shite and standing up sparking 2 fella's next to him, half their stand shit it. Even Joey Boswell(or was that in the cup when he was ther?) stood up and shit it.

Lad I knew saw the CCTV of this kid, gorgeous by all accounts.

The Goldon Lion, hard? my fucking arse
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5886 on: October 5, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »
What was it like yesterday?

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5887 on: October 5, 2015, 01:56:37 pm »
Average, in the upper.

Fuckin awful away-end to watch football. There are probably 8 rows in the upper and 8 in the lower with a decent view, the rest, fuckin shite.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5888 on: October 5, 2015, 01:59:24 pm »
Not bad in the lower until they equalized. Second half was like the whole ground was just waiting for the other team to ruin their weekend. :)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5889 on: October 5, 2015, 02:06:03 pm »
Sounded a bit shit on the telly compared to what we're usually like there.  Can't always tell on telly though so was just wondering.

Everton sounded alright compared to what they're usually like at Goodison derby.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5890 on: October 5, 2015, 03:18:31 pm »
I thought it was poor in the upper. Reflected the game though, and I agree with the poster above who said about both fans being scared to concede.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5891 on: October 5, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »
I thought it was poor in the upper. Reflected the game though, and I agree with the poster above who said about both fans being scared to concede.
Thats Pete the massive fanny. 

The big wuss.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5892 on: October 5, 2015, 03:36:14 pm »
Thats Pete the massive fanny. 

The big wuss.

:)

I'll make up for it at Spurs, Gotta get behind Gary Monk and the boys.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5893 on: October 5, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »
Thought it was class yesterday specially first half.

Then again i was in the Paddock right on the divide.

Best away atmosphere in ages IMO

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5894 on: October 12, 2015, 03:06:44 pm »
Is anyone going to WHL without a ticket, just to take in the atmopshere and get involved in the sing along?

The atmosphere pre and post match is bound to be fantastic. I just want to get drunk and sing Campione and all of the new Klopp songs!

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5895 on: October 12, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »
If I fail on the ticket front and get wind of a pub with loads of reds in it near the ground, yes.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #5896 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:14 pm »
I just saw that story about Jake Danna headlining the front page of a certain national newspaper.

Really damages the reputation of our fans. Searched for his name and found no mention reporting it here.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5897 on: October 14, 2015, 10:06:00 am »
because it's a nothing story.

It really doesn't damage our reputation
cyas

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5898 on: October 14, 2015, 11:53:00 am »
I just saw that story about Jake Danna headlining the front page of a certain national newspaper.

Really damages the reputation of our fans. Searched for his name and found no mention reporting it here.

Hadn't even heard of it till you mentioned it, how does one bloke blagging he's disabled "really damage" our reputation?

Not that I give a fuck about what some tory s*n readers think of us anyway
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5899 on: October 18, 2015, 07:41:12 am »
Without doubt, the best its been for a long, long while.

Having said that, that Klopp song is well wank.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #5900 on: October 18, 2015, 07:46:42 am »
Is it the Agadoo-song?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #5901 on: October 18, 2015, 07:56:54 am »

Are you kidding? Damages our reputation?

The lad was obviously desperate for a ticket. What he's done has been done for years.

Anyone got access to the story of Spartacus after Gerrards equaliser in Cardiff? Pretty sure I actually seen it with my own Jack Daniels-filled eyes so it always raises a laugh.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5902 on: October 18, 2015, 07:58:42 am »
Are you kidding? Damages our reputation?

The lad was obviously desperate for a ticket. What he's done has been done for years.

Anyone got access to the story of Spartacus after Gerrards equaliser in Cardiff? Pretty sure I actually seen it with my own Jack Daniels-filled eyes so it always raises a laugh.

That was in the "this fella shouted" thread, search for Lazarus should show up. Funny as fuck.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5903 on: October 18, 2015, 08:22:18 am »
Is it the Agadoo-song?
No mate, that was Ok, I guess. It was the other monstrosity. People by us(as well as us) we're all staring around saying the same thing "what the fuck is this shit"

Worst thing I've ever heard from us.  Uberwank

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5904 on: October 18, 2015, 08:42:49 am »
A Klopp song should be good. Hopefully in the Torres/Suarez tradition of good tunes.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #5905 on: October 18, 2015, 10:28:57 am »

Don't be daft, stuff like that has been going on for years and not just at our club.

Offline billynic

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5906 on: October 18, 2015, 11:20:44 am »
I had to settle for sitting with the spuds, in north stand upper. Away support looked good from what I saw. Few songs out of kilter and agree on that Klopp song.

Their support were very quiet. I managed to get away pretty unscathed until the end when I jumped up at a shot we took. Some old bloke told me to f**k off ;D

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5907 on: October 18, 2015, 11:31:17 am »
Went to White Heart Lane a couple of years ago, and it was very quiet. But I remember they sang "When the Spurs go marching on". Very slowly. Didn`t get the point of that. How is that supposed to get the team fired up? Sounded like they were stuck in quicksand.  It wouldn`t inspire me to much more than walking around on the pitch.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5908 on: October 18, 2015, 11:46:34 am »
Went to White Heart Lane a couple of years ago, and it was very quiet. But I remember they sang "When the Spurs go marching on". Very slowly. Didn`t get the point of that. How is that supposed to get the team fired up? Sounded like they were stuck in quicksand.  It wouldn`t inspire me to much more than walking around on the pitch.

lol, it's always puzzled me too.

Good away day. Second half was a bit flat to begin with, and I'm not sure why so many people in the upper decided to sit down.
YNWA.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #5909 on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:53 am »
lol, it's always puzzled me too.

Good away day. Second half was a bit flat to begin with, and I'm not sure why so many people in the upper decided to sit down.
That always seems to happen in the upper.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #5910 on: October 18, 2015, 03:07:07 pm »
Sounded quiet on the tele. Lots of tourists willing to pay x3 face value for Klopp's first game ?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5911 on: October 18, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »
First 20 mins or so was the best its been since 13/14 by a long way. Even after Spurs came back in the game it was still better than most.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #5912 on: October 18, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »
1st half was good, died a bit 2nd half like.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5913 on: October 18, 2015, 06:37:14 pm »
Sounded quiet on the tele. Lots of tourists willing to pay x3 face value for Klopp's first game ?
I wouldn't say there were many tourists there yesterday. Nothing on the scale of Arsenal or Chelsea anyway. Usually decent there for atmosphere and this def was.

But really dislike the Klopp agadoo song and the lad next to us was singing something about the  "master race "!? No way am I singing that!!!

Some lad behind us kept shouting "Tory c*nts" at them! Tottenham? Tory? But he was generally pretty clueless ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Dont look back in anger

• Main Stander
« Reply #5914 on: October 18, 2015, 06:56:10 pm »
Flat from 25-60, thought it was quality other than that though, especially first 20. Hardly noticed any tourists like

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #5915 on: October 18, 2015, 08:39:21 pm »
I am normally one of the first to moan about a lack of atmosphere, but have to say it has not been bad this season so far. Both Arsenal and Spurs were good.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #5916 on: October 18, 2015, 08:55:09 pm »
as others have mentioned enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday but singing the same thing again for the klopp song was awful and glad only a minority sang the agadoo klopp one so didnt continue as I think that is awful too.

Was putting HJC stickers on chairs and got told off by the stewards for 'vandalising' in the upper.  :-X
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5917 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

It is one of the iconic football songs going.

When the whole ground (WHL) kicks in with it, it comes over great, it builds up as the song goes on.

It is like the 70's drone at Anfield - hardly inspiring but fucks with the opposition. Some songs are just there to piss off players and fans
from other clubs........It clearly works with you.

I think it's boss myself

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5918 on: October 18, 2015, 09:35:34 pm »

When the whole ground (WHL) kicks in with it, it comes over great, it builds up as the song goes on.

It is like the 70's drone at Anfield - hardly inspiring but fucks with the opposition. Some songs are just there to piss off players and fans
from other clubs........It clearly works with you.

I think it's boss myself

Yeah you can't really argue with a song that gets the whole ground involved too.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5919 on: October 18, 2015, 09:39:37 pm »

I think it's boss myself
With you there mate. All the songs are best slow. YNWA, much more powerful. The slow Shankly to the Scottish bagpipes, goosebumps. I dream of a slow PST, but it never happens, goes so fast it actually dies out after oh I am a Liverpudlian.