Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC v Fulham FC - 22 December 2012 - k/o: 17.30  (Read 51071 times)

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
Liverpool host West London side Fulham at 17.30 on Saturday 22 December.  The game is live on ESPN.

Whilst most people will be turning their attention to getting their last-minute Christmas gifts, wondering why that DVD box-set hasn’t arrived despite ordering it weeks ago, and collecting their pre-ordered Christmas Turkey from the Butchers – Liverpool’s players will be focussing on wrapping up 3 much-needed points at Anfield and look to get the Aston Villa result out of their system before Santa comes 3 days later.

We’ll focus a bit more on the game later, but whenever I think of Liverpool v Fulham, I can’t help but be reminded of a couple of amazing games.   

Time for a small trip down memory lane…

Some will remember the 10-0 League Cup thrashing back in September 1986.  At the time, Fulham were a 3rd division (League 1 in new money) outfit, and were brushed aside by a strong Liverpool side in front of a sparse crowd of just under 14,000 at Anfield.  Liverpool raced in to a 4-0 half-time lead and ran out 10-0 winners against a hapless Fulham side.  Steve McMahon took home the match ball after netting 4 goals, including a second-half hat-trick; with John Wark and Ian Rush’s doubles being added to by Ronnie Whelan and Steve Nicol efforts.  The 10-0 win is still the record victory in the competition (held jointly with West Ham United who beat Bury 10-0 in 1983.)

But who can forget the 5-goal haul by a young local lad who only made his first team debut against them at Craven Cottage a fortnight earlier in September 1993.  Robert Bernard Fowler, a scrawny young lad with a dodgy French crop haircut had already scored a left-foot volley in that debut game, capping a 3-1 win at a wet and windy Craven Cottage - but it was his performance in the second leg at Anfield that gave Liverpool fans a glimpse of what was to follow for a number of years with a clinical display of sublime finishing. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4hXAzP_u4&amp;NR=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4hXAzP_u4&amp;NR=1</a>
Fowler fires five…

Robbie Fowler had announced himself as a Liverpool player, he would go on to score 183 goals (128 league goals) for Liverpool.

Fowler who was nicknamed “God” by the adoring masses remained with Liverpool, scoring goals for fun, for 8 years - winning 2 League Cups, The FA Cup, The UEFA Cup, The Charity Shield and The UEFA Super Cup, he also won back-to-back PFA Young Player of the Year Awards in 1995 and 1996, before departing for Leeds United in the autumn of 2001.

But this was a man with a Biblical moniker, so there was, of course, the ‘second coming’ in 2006 when Rafael Benitez re-signed Fowler (who was by then at Manchester City) just before the January transfer window slammed shut.  Fowler’s old #9 shirt was now being adorned by Djibril Cisse, and Jamie Carragher had made Fowler’s original #23 shirt his own, so he settled for the #11 shirt for the remainder of the season.
Fowler made his Liverpool return against Birmingham City, but was unable to cap a dream return by scoring; he had a couple disallowed if I remember rightly.  He would have to wait until the home game against Fulham on 15th March before he would finally break his duck (again!) in a 5-1 thrashing of the Londoners.  Almost 13 years after scoring his first ever goal for Liverpool football club against Fulham, Fowler scored his first goal in his second spell against the same club. 

We fast forward to the present day, and we find Fulham FC in much better shape than they were when Graeme Souness afforded the 17 year-old “Toxteth Terror” his debut almost 20 years ago!
Bought by former Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed in 1997, he quickly set about transforming the club’s fortunes and secured the services of striker Paul Peschisolido and Wales defender Chris Coleman for record sums of money spent by a club outside the top 2 divisions in English football.
Al Fayed had a 5-year plan which was to reach the Premier League.  Manager Mickey Adams was sacked and Kevin Keegan came in to steer the side to promotion to the Championship. 
They achieved their goal to reach the Premiership with a year to spare in 2001.

Last season, Fulham came to Anfield to face a Liverpool side preparing for the FA Cup Final just 4 days later.  A much-changed Liverpool side never got in to the game at all, and went down by a single goal when two former Liverpool employees, John Arne Riise and Alex Kacaniklic, combined before Martin Skrtel turned in to his own net gave Fulham their first ever win at Anfield and cap a first ever league double over the Reds following an ill-tempered 1-0 win at Craven Cottage back in December.

In the summer, manager Martin Jol oversaw a host of player changes down by the River Thames.
Fulham lost Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembele to London rivals Tottenham Hotspurs and saw Andy Johnson move to local rivals QPR.  Club captain and former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy moved back to the north-west and joined Blackburn Rovers.
Fulham did, however, bolster their squad as Dimitar Berbatov, Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega moved to the club... After all, who wouldn’t want to play in a stadium with a statue of Michael Jackson in it!

Liverpool head in to the game following a shock 3-1 home defeat against Aston Villa, and will look to get back to winning ways against a Fulham side who also suffered a shock reverse at the weekend against bottom club QPR.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez will hope to gobble up any chances that come his way against Fulham.  Despite being so close to Christmas, Liverpool’s players will be looking to avoid collecting any unwanted cards on Saturday.   If Liverpool manage to take their chances, it could be a real cracker but if they are wasteful, Fulham could leave Anfield with the Reds looking like puddings!

Merry Christmas everyone!  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:12:21 pm by ashleyrose-66 »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Liverpool v Fulham - Anfield, 5.30pm Saturday December 22nd
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:38:57 am »
Right then.

Are we going to have a wonderful christmas.

Time to erase Christian Benteke and the Villa kids from our short term memories and get back into the title race  ;) with
a win.

Johnny Riise and his band of merry men will be out to try and grab a rare away win, their last came over Wigan in September
and their last 6 aways since read DDDLDL (latest game on the right).

Like Villa apparently were, they look ripe for plucking. So basically we'll either tw*t them or lose 1-0 with two clear penalties
not given.

3 points please Santa!  :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:43:04 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Fulham - Anfield, 5.30pm Saturday December 22nd
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:45:04 am »
Can see us getting a draw.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:45:23 am »
Fulham are probably the most inconsistent team in the league. One very good performance followed by one or two poor performances is their usual trend. Their midfield and defense has been dodgy this season but their strike force is very good and considering how our defense has been this season, they have a good chance of scoring against us. Allen and Raheem need some rest desperately. Hopefully they get it. Would like a midfield of Henderson, Lucas and Sahin/Suso with Assaidi, Suarez and Gerrard upfront.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:47:31 am by Saint Kopite™ »
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:08 am »
Can see us getting a draw.

That's the spirit!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:40 am »
After a defeat in the manner of last weekend, I can only see a win, if the players aren't hurting, nor can they put things right against fucking Fulham I foresee a long cold winter, these are the games, and the circumstances that will show Brendan who really wants to wear the shirt.

2-0
Downing, Suarez.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:53:22 am »
That's the spirit!

I apologise if I ain't one of those hardcore rose tinted fans that say we're gonna win every game, every single week. I guess those fans gonna sarcastic comments like yourself if they don't see anything like "Yeah! We're gonna smash the opposition 5+" or something along those lines ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:15 am »
I apologise if I ain't one of those hardcore rose tinted fans that say we're gonna win every game, every single week. I guess those fans gonna sarcastic comments like yourself if they don't see anything like "Yeah! We're gonna smash the opposition 5+" or something along those lines ;)

Be positive lad, it's christmas.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 09:56:34 am »
Would like to see us bring in some more beef for this one.
Move Jonno forward and bring back Wisdom.
Play Agger (our best left back) behind Enrique (hopefully), who was sorely missed against Villa.
Bring in Coates alonside Carra.
Play Shelvey in what I believe is his proper position, alongside Lucas in a two.
Give Allen, Gerrard and Skrtel a rest.
Oh, and Suso (non-beefy) behind Suarez.
There - I didn't even post a team sheet... ;)
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 10:01:51 am »
Berbatov will cause us some problems...hate when we play against him. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 10:02:58 am »
No random posting of possible formations please.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:12:41 am »
over the last 360 minutes of football played against Fulham at Anfield we have managed 1 goal...an own goal.

Offline MacJanner

• Absolute useless poster; his style of play cons no one into thinking he's a decent writer.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Lenin doesn't like me.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 10:22:45 am »
2-1 I think.

Fulham aren't really a counter attacking team so we should pin them back and hopefully get a quick first goal so the rest goes swmmingly.

Berbatov is class though so can always see a goal from their side, especially since we've conceded 5 in our last 2, but hopefully jose back will fix that.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 10:27:12 am »
Joe Allen needs a few games out. Jordan's been in good form and is a far stronger lad than Joe is. Lucas and Henderson as a pairing excites me, like to see that tried out from the start.

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 10:32:49 am »
really important game, must win.. but that was the villa game too  ::)

think we should rest allen and play henderson.
if enrique is fit i would go for:

reina
johnson - skrtel - agger - enrique
lucas
gerrard-henderson
suso - suarez - sterling

though i can't see suso getting a start and allen rested

so my wish santa: 3 points and at least 2 liverpool goals  :o

Offline Nosss

• Anny Roader
Re: Preview: Liverpool FC v Fulham FC - 22 December 2012 - k/o: 17.30
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:49 am »
I would love to see Suso and/or Sahin playing in this game. As soon as they enter the lineup we look much more creative, and the main thing we are missing in the final third is creativity.

Think Allen needs a rest so I'm going to go against the grain and suggest Sahin to replace him rather than Henderson. I'm still not convinced by Henderson, nor am I convinced that he would add any much needed creativity to the team.

Suso for Sterling hopefully. On the other wing I'd like to see Enrique if he's back from injury. If not, I'd prefer Downing to play there than anyone else.

Offline Evans

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 11:38:40 am »
A midfield trio of Lucas, Sahin and Henderson would be my choice, giving Allen his rest. Gerrard on the wing has been suggested several times this season, and it doesn't seem to be happening, but I'd still like to see it tried out; it would help Sterling get a rest as well. Hopefully we can bounce back from the Villa game - I can't see us having two performances like that in a row (but you never know). Fulham hasn't gotten an away win in ages, but they're getting some good draws though. I'd say it's a good chance we draw this, but that a win is still a tiny bit more likely.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 11:40:55 am »
Players need to show mental toughness. Need to show that Villa was a freak accident. 100 % commitment.

And also, Anfield needs to make itself heard.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 11:42:07 am »
It won't happen but I think Allen, Gerrard and Sterling should be rested for this game.

Offline Xabier Alonso Olano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »
After that 10 nil, the programme  for the return leg said "in the event of the scores being level after 90 minutes, the game will go to extra time".

Got to be the most optimistic/idiotic programme editor in the history of football that.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »
Players need to show mental toughness. Need to show that Villa was a freak accident. 100 % commitment.

And also, Anfield needs to make itself heard.

Bang on. Unlike last seasons near end of season midweeker where its all too quiet!

Great preview. Looking forward to this as I do every match and hoping for 3 points.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
This game is 101% about mentality.
Players will need to realise the depth of the hole we'll fall into should we lose and refuse to go near it with every fiber of their being.
I also hope Enrique is back because he brings tenacity and explosiveness to our play.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:15 pm »
Okay, we need to start playing properly in an attacking sense. I think we should revert to a 4231 for this match. Suso behind Suarez, playing the number 10 role, with Enrique on the left and Gerrard on the right. In that quartet you have an abundance of intelligent movement, players that click with each other, one-twos around the box, good runs off of the ball and finishing ability. The two holding midfielders have to be high-energy trackers and interceptors - I'd partner up Henderson with Lucas, who I recall as being reminiscent of the very successful Spearing/Lucas partnership from Kenny's first half-season in 2011. In that midfield and attack, you have everything in place to produce goals and take a hold of the Fulham midfield.

What is important is shackling Ruiz and isolating Berbatov from the rest of his team. You do this by pushing Fulham as far back as possible into their own half and ensuring these two players are always picked up - Lucas or Henderson on Ruiz, who normally plays just off of Berbatov in the hole between opposition midfield and defence, will stop them producing the kind of pass and move attacks that can pick apart Premiership defences.

In defence I'd go with Skrtel and Agger, Johnson on the right and Downing on the left. Johnson will be able to overlap Gerrard, opening up areas of space for passing and crossing opportunities for the skipper - or isolating the fullback, driving past him and crossing inwards from the by-line (which should involve Suso's passing range, playing a triangle of passing between the three players). Downing had a good game against Villa going forwards, so we need a repeat of that performance.

Time to try something different.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »
But who can forget the 5-goal haul by a young local lad who only made his first team debut against them at Craven Cottage a fortnight earlier in September 1993.  Robert Bernard Fowler, a scrawny young lad with a dodgy French crop haircut had already scored a left-foot volley in that debut game, capping a 3-1 win at a wet and windy Craven Cottage - but it was his performance in the second leg at Anfield that gave Liverpool fans a glimpse of what was to follow for a number of years with a clinical display of sublime finishing. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4hXAzP_u4&amp;NR=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ4hXAzP_u4&amp;NR=1</a>
Fowler fires five…

Robbie Fowler had announced himself as a Liverpool player, he would go on to score 183 goals (128 league goals) for Liverpool.

My God, that's almost 20 years ago! I'm getting old... Can still remember the surprise. This was when we couldn't get these games on tv over here. Came home late and saw the news on text-tv. That Fowler had scored 5 and I didn't even know who he was. But I mentioned his name to a couple of mates who support Arsenal. They of course laughed a bit. They didn't laugh so much when he scored that record fast hattrick. ;D

For this game, I can only hope that we're up for it. That we get an early goal and can take it from there. We need a win. I expect Fulham to have seen our weaknesses, so it will be interesting to see how they line up and how they approach the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go with Coates for this one, maybe even a 3-5-2, although that wouldn't be my preference.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:20 pm »
Some players like Sterling and Allen could be rested, use whatever little replacement options we have - Cole, Suso, Shelvey or Assaidi for Sterling and Henderson for Allen.

If Enrique has recovered we should have a strong enough side for this game.
Doubters to Believers

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »
9-1

Tis the season!

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:36 pm »
Going to watch two or three of their games tonight and tomorrow. Always helpful to analyse what we're up against and also helps to understand selections and tactics.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »
They've only won one away match all season so I guess we know how this one will go.

Team wise, Allen and Sterling definitely deserve to be 'rested' for this one, both look very tired and their performances haven't been that good as of late. Rodgers moaning that he doesn't have cover for them is nonsense, Henderson or Sahin could easily replace Allen in the team and he seems to have forgotten all about Suso and Assaidi.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 12:37:25 pm »
Going to watch two or three of their games tonight and tomorrow. Always helpful to analyse what we're up against and also helps to understand selections and tactics.

Cheers for popping in Brendan...Good luck on Saturday boss :wave
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 12:38:31 pm »
9-1

Tis the season!

I dont think even our defence is capable of conceeding 9 against these lot  :lickin
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:02 pm »
Time to rest a few and shake things up.

Gerrard, Sterling and Allen all need to start on the bench.  They all look jaded and devoid of ideas recently.

Suso, Sahin, Henderson, Assaidi, Wisdom and hopefully Enrique are all ready to step in to give us some fresh legs and fresh ideas.  I'm not saying they should or will all play but BR has options.

I pray for an early goal for us, and for once going on from there to kill a side off.

3-0  Suarez (2)  Enrique

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:47 pm »
The game v Fulham that I vividly remember was at Craven Cottage in 08-08 with Benayoun's last minute winner. Geniunely thought the league title was going to be ours at that moment.

This game, not sure how it will go. Can see both sides scoring, and think we'll just shade it 2-1.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »
Team I would like to see start..

Reina

Johnson       Skrtel        Agger        Enrique (if fit)

Lucas

Gerrard              Henderson

Suso                                           Sterling

Suarez

Bench: Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Downing, Assaidi, Allen, Sahin
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 01:02:47 pm »
Aren't Fulham 1 of the worst away teams in the league this season. If so, that just makes it even more important to get the win
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »
rodgers has intimated that he's looking to rest Sterling and Allen - good shout in my view, they're both a bit off the pace at the minute

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/raheem-sterling-and-joe-allen-poised-for-liverpool-rest-8422584.html
Believer

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 01:13:27 pm »
Team I would like to see start..

There is no use us playing with any width, no one is getting in the box to support the ball being whipped in and Luis
misses umpteen chances with his head.

If we are going to play a high possession passing game in the final 3rd, I'd rather see Suso in
behind both Suarez and Sterling.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 01:14:06 pm »
Cheers for popping in Brendan...Good luck on Saturday boss :wave
;D
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 01:14:10 pm »
This has got 0-0 written all over it. Two pretty average teams cancelling each other out.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »
It's a must win as I really don't see us picking anything up at Stoke on Boxing Day.

Win's a win but even then some fans won't be happy if we play shite.

I'll go for 3-0.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »
Like Rodgers said, if we're a good team we will react to the last game and go out and win this game. If we were playing Fulham one or two months ago I'd be a bit more worried about this game but they have been poor recently. Lost against QPR (!) and only took their first win in eight matches vs Newcastle a week ago.

I can see us getting a 1-0 win.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.