Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM  (Read 36242 times)

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Re: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »
I don't see any other result other than a comfortable 3-1 win to us
I think you're right about the amount of goals each team scores, but I think Everton's will be in their own net.

4-0

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 09:26:34 pm »
Matip will be a miss but I'm confident that Klavan and Lovren will be able to deal with Lukaku. They are average at best and won't be finishing in the top half. If it wasn't a Derby and they weren't our neighbours then it would be a similar game to the Middlesbrough one in midweek. They'll try and make it feisty and nasty, especially so on a Monday night before Christmas under floodlights, but we just have to ride the early storm and get a foothold in the game. Once we do that the gaps will open up and I can see us winning relatively comfortably in the end.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 09:44:21 pm »
Matip will be a miss

He might still start, hopefully he does, but I agree that we should do well even without him.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:13 pm »
Wait, you're worried about Enner Valencia?

He makes them a better team and brings the best out of Lukaku, I think were my words.

Something Koeman has stumbled upon.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 10:00:48 pm »
Matip will be a miss but I'm confident that Klavan and Lovren will be able to deal with Lukaku. They are average at best and won't be finishing in the top half. If it wasn't a Derby and they weren't our neighbours then it would be a similar game to the Middlesbrough one in midweek.

Agree with that if it was just a normal game I'd have every confidence but I guess that's they beauty of a derby.
I remember a few years back under Rafa we'd lost I think four games in.a row, we had no Gerrard and Utd under Ferguson came here top of the league thinking it was a easy three points .....90 minutes later we'd beaten team 2-0...
In a derby any form literally go out the window.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 10:02:10 pm »
Wait, you're worried about Enner Valencia?

Hahaha. No one knew who that Bournemouth player was. Still can't remember his name. Yet he played a blinder. Don't under why you'd just write off any player. He's not a bad player at all, quick, good movement. Didn't Naismith score in the Derby?

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »
Matip will be a miss but I'm confident that Klavan and Lovren will be able to deal with Lukaku. They are average at best and won't be finishing in the top half. If it wasn't a Derby and they weren't our neighbours then it would be a similar game to the Middlesbrough one in midweek. They'll try and make it feisty and nasty, especially so on a Monday night before Christmas under floodlights, but we just have to ride the early storm and get a foothold in the game. Once we do that the gaps will open up and I can see us winning relatively comfortably in the end.

Klavan was largely untested against Boro. This will be completely different to anything he's faced before. Lovren hasn't played at Goodison for Liverpool and we know he can mare some poor mistakes. Would feel far more comfortable with Matip because he's a cool head and won't let the occasion get to him.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2016, 10:04:53 pm »
Just stop the service to Lukaku.... the rest of them are shite

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
also, people predicting 4 and 5 nil...give over..

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 10:09:19 pm »

You don't think we could beat them 4 or 5 nil?

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 10:11:17 pm »
I'd say we've become the best team in the league at penning teams into their half and having sustained possession. Home and away. If we can do it at Goodison, my word. I think the only games we've struggled on the second ball was Man Utd home and Swansea away. So important to win second balls but it's one of their strengths too. Need to target Barry's lack of mobility. Also I doubt this is a game for Wijnaldum, lacks a bit of bottle for me. Plenty of talent, needs to show it.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »
You don't think we could beat them 4 or 5 nil?

We're not winning 4-0 at Goodison, just give it up. Ridiculous shouts. People were overconfident at Bournemouth and it felt like the players had that attitude as well. Dom King said the dressing room felt before Boro that it'd be one of the hardest games all season - hence we were professional and got the job done.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 10:15:12 pm »
Hahaha. No one knew who that Bournemouth player was. Still can't remember his name. Yet he played a blinder. Don't under why you'd just write off any player. He's not a bad player at all, quick, good movement. Didn't Naismith score in the Derby?

Cheer up, misery.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:21 pm »
We're not winning 4-0 at Goodison, just give it up. Ridiculous shouts. People were overconfident at Bournemouth and it felt like the players had that attitude as well. Dom King said the dressing room felt before Boro that it'd be one of the hardest games all season - hence we were professional and got the job done.

We've beat them 4-0 twice in the last few years, and I doubt people being overconfident on here will have much of an effect on the players.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2016, 10:39:08 pm »

Agree with that if it was just a normal game I'd have every confidence but I guess that's they beauty of a derby.
I remember a few years back under Rafa we'd lost I think four games in.a row, we had no Gerrard and Utd under Ferguson came here top of the league thinking it was a easy three points .....90 minutes later we'd beaten team 2-0...
In a derby any form literally go out the window.

You really are an armchair fan if you think Liverpool vs Man Utd is a derby.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »
You really are an armchair fan if you think Liverpool vs Man Utd is a derby.

It's bigger than a game against the blue shite, more nerves, more eagerness to win, more hatred.   Anyway can't wait to rip this lot to pieces, in with the Bluenoses on Monday so really looking forward to seeing the bitter grimaces on their faces when we score.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:01:30 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2016, 11:05:50 pm »
It's bigger than a game against the blue shite, more nerves, more eagerness to win, more hatred.   Anyway can't wait to rip this lot to pieces, in with the Bluenoses on Monday so really looking forward to seeing the bitter grimaces on their faces when we score.

That's an individual opinion but regardless it still isn't a derby.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »
Klavan was largely untested against Boro. This will be completely different to anything he's faced before. Lovren hasn't played at Goodison for Liverpool and we know he can mare some poor mistakes. Would feel far more comfortable with Matip because he's a cool head and won't let the occasion get to him.

Klavan isn't a young pup. He's been around the block and won't be phased. Lovren can let the occasion get to him, and I'd feel more confident if he had Matip there to guide him somewhat, but you have to trust him.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »
Monday. Weekend off. Nothing to do but watch, listen or read. Or neither. Do Arsenal play Man City this weekend? There's a '6-pointer' somewhere I'm sure. Monday night... bloody hell. 8pm, floodlights, two buoyed teams. One pretending to be, the other? well.. what are we? Maybe we find out. Beat Everton, beat Stoke, beat City.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2016, 11:39:56 pm »

0-4 easy  :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2016, 11:51:15 pm »
Hate these games. Not even ale numbs the fret.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 11:59:14 pm »
The Matip thing is becoming a bit concerning now. I know Lovren and Klavan played well in midweek but Matip is by far our best defender in my opinion. We are going to miss him here no question. Lovren can be a bit suspect in pressure situations and I'm actually not too sure how he's going to handle atmosphere and game.

In Origi, Mané, Firmino and Lallana we'll have enough firepower to score but it'll be how we defend that ultimately decides the game. Sturridge missing again....meh...we have a striker who's scored 5 in 5. Lovren and Klavan play well and we win, it's as simple as that. I don't think the derby thing has anything to do with it because we're a better team than them, we just have to show it on the pitch.
YWNA

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2016, 12:02:51 am »
We are going to miss him here no question.

There's no question that we'll miss someone who is in contention to play according to Klopp?

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2016, 12:03:16 am »
Hate these games. Not even ale numbs the fret.

I just want it to be over.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2016, 12:06:30 am »
So the talk has started in our workplace, the bluenoses are really up for this one it seems after beating Arsenal 'they're back!' as one Evertonian has said to me.

This game has the potential to go either way and the result also dictates who i'll be sat around the Christmas dinner table with.

In the meantime I have looked back on some of my favourite derby results here:

http://intothemreds.com/at-the-back/down-memory-lane-derby-day-classics

Always great to beat Everton, Monday will be no different. 3 Points please lads
  The greatest Derby game ever and surely the best atmosphere for a league game at Anfield :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3asuHnsr-Q

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2016, 12:07:34 am »
 Hate these Monday night games, waiting all weekend. All games finished with points won or lost already. All eyes watching.

The world won't even be cognitive by the time Chelsea put Palace to the sword tomorrow.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2016, 12:08:48 am »
I just want it to be over.

Very true. If people like them, then they've never been to one..... or don't know what it means.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2016, 12:12:16 am »
Everton getting a win against a fragile Arsenal will work in our favour. They will have a renewed sense of confidence now (they always seem to find one before playing us). They'll be convincing themselves over the weekend how the table is lying, how we are gonna struggle to make the Europa League and how they are going to win 12 on the bounce to get into the top 4. They'll have one or two of our players in a combined 11 at a push, and they'll wonder why we are already comfortably above them in the league considering their squad is so much better than ours and their manager is, too.

Then, come 10PM on Monday night, they'll look like fucking idiots once again.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2016, 12:17:16 am »
It's fun isn't it?  ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2016, 12:18:16 am »
Everton getting a win against a fragile Arsenal will work in our favour. They will have a renewed sense of confidence now (they always seem to find one before playing us). They'll be convincing themselves over the weekend how the table is lying, how we are gonna struggle to make the Europa League and how they are going to win 12 on the bounce to get into the top 4. They'll have one or two of our players in a combined 11 at a push, and they'll wonder why we are already comfortably above them in the league considering their squad is so much better than ours and their manager is, too.

Then, come 10PM on Monday night, they'll look like fucking idiots once again.

First they help us by winning, then they help us by losing.The fewm would be massive!

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2016, 12:19:00 am »
It's fun isn't it?  ;D

No, absolutely not. Can't abide these games.

The sooner they go down, the better. ;)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2016, 12:20:32 am »
There's no question that we'll miss someone who is in contention to play according to Klopp?

What Klopp said doesn't sound promising, does it? It really doesn't look like he's going to play. He's not in any training pictures. It's becoming harder to present an opinion as an opinion on here anymore. You don't have to get so bogged down with literal meanings. What I said isn't Klopp's quote, it's my opinion.
YWNA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2016, 12:29:06 am »
What Klopp said doesn't sound promising, does it? It really doesn't look like he's going to play. He's not in any training pictures. It's becoming harder to present an opinion as an opinion on here anymore. You don't have to get so bogged down with literal meanings. What I said isn't Klopp's quote, it's my opinion.

"“Joel is a little bit different. No final decision, he’s had the problem for a few weeks,” he explained.

“We cannot push him through. We have to try again for Everton, or another few days and then Stoke, or another few days then Man City.

“We’re in really intense conversations about this. It’s not that we’ve decided already.”"

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/12/daniel-sturridge-emre-can-joel-matip-feature-vs-everton-jurgen-klopp/

It sounds like he's being cautious more than anything. We can cope without him, though (yes, I know the statistic about games he's not played in) and a derby is always different to a game against the likes of Bournemouth.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2016, 12:40:30 am »
My crystal ball says a red card in this game
#JFT97

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2016, 12:43:30 am »

There's a difference between 'doesn't sound promising' and definitely out. So regardless of your opinion on whether we would miss him if he didn't play you can't possibly say there's no question we'll miss Matip when the gaffer hasn't ruled out him playing. He plays then we don't miss him. Opinion doesn't come into it.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2016, 12:45:06 am »
  The greatest Derby game ever and surely the best atmosphere for a league game at Anfield :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3asuHnsr-Q
Maybe, but I was born in 1985 and that's in black and white!

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2016, 12:46:33 am »
My crystal ball says a red card in this game

I might be wrong here but I think it's been a few games since there has been one in this fixture (I think it still holds the record of having the most red cards in Premier League history).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:41 am »
I might be wrong here but I think it's been a few games since there has been one in this fixture (I think it still holds the record of having the most red cards in Premier League history).

specifically the away game? Cos there was one in the home game last season.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:08 am »
There's a difference between 'doesn't sound promising' and definitely out. So regardless of your opinion on whether we would miss him if he didn't play you can't possibly say there's no question we'll miss Matip when the gaffer hasn't ruled out him playing. He plays then we don't miss him. Opinion doesn't come into it.

Are you having a bad Friday night or something? It looks like you've just picked someone at random (and I seem to be flavour of the month to have a pop at right now). I believe he won't play which is why we'll miss him. There is nothing more to it and nothing more implied. I offered my opinion to which you said Klopp hasn't ruled him out to which I replied by saying it didn't sound promising. You're usually better than this. You're just having a dig at one line in my post because you don't like it. I haven't offended anyone with what I've said so I'm not sure why you've taken exception to it.

I'll tell you what. Let's wait until Monday and see if plays, if you're so hung up about it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:41:43 am by Number 7 »
YWNA

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2016, 02:07:00 am »
Another performance and scoreline like this again please...  ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b3sG6dobeWU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b3sG6dobeWU</a>

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"