Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM  (Read 36223 times)

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
Re: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2016, 04:38:15 pm »
Just imagine how many Christmas' Jurgen and his team are going to ruin in North Wales this year

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »
Just imagine how many Christmas' Jurgen and his team are going to ruin in North Wales this year

And ensure very merry Christmas's from Lapland down through the whole of Scandanavia.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »
Shit playing on a Monday

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2016, 06:09:20 pm »
I hate the derby at the best of times , our record v the bitters in the 21st century is great but that hasn't stopped me from shitting it before every one . My favourite recent derby is the 'wembely' semi when carroll broke their hearts .....i never tire of watching that . After the results of this weekend , a win would be great, a draw wouldn't be the worst . Chelseas current form shows no sign of abating, a win would just keep thme looking over their shoulders ....just don't lose lads ....not on this occasion ....Please !

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2016, 06:30:59 pm »
If we have ideas of winning the league, tomorrow is a must win game. I personally don't think we'll win the league this season, the squad isn't strong enough but we're on the right track. Chelsea's next two games are Stoke & Bournemouth at home, they're wining both games, I'd bet my life on it. If we want to win the league you can't give them a 9-12 point headstart. There's no disgrace is not being able to keep pace with a team winning 13 in a row, no team can live with that, but we need to win our winnable games, as stupid as that may sound. Title winning teams beat West Ham at home, and Bournemouth away at 1-3 up.

Everton is a Derby, but they're shit. They're mid-table for a reason. Take the emotion out of it and just play football and we'll win comfortably, as we did midweek. Get caught up in the madness and you'll play into their hands.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2016, 06:32:38 pm »
Everton will be very motivated for this game though for obvious reasons... not just because it will be a derby.. we must win...

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »
We'll have to much for them,Baines and Coleman won't be going up the pitch much as we will be pinning them in their own half and won't want to commit,that takes up most of Everton's attacking play.

We'll win 3-0.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2016, 07:00:42 pm »
very tight game i think, these people predicting 4 and 5 nils though? I'll go us 0-1 or 1-2...

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »
very tight game i think, these people predicting 4 and 5 nils though? I'll go us 0-1 or 1-2...

Nah 4:0 to the Redmen

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2016, 07:18:41 pm »
If we have ideas of winning the league, tomorrow is a must win game. I personally don't think we'll win the league this season, the squad isn't strong enough but we're on the right track. Chelsea's next two games are Stoke & Bournemouth at home, they're wining both games, I'd bet my life on it. If we want to win the league you can't give them a 9-12 point headstart. There's no disgrace is not being able to keep pace with a team winning 13 in a row, no team can live with that, but we need to win our winnable games, as stupid as that may sound. Title winning teams beat West Ham at home, and Bournemouth away at 1-3 up.

Everton is a Derby, but they're shit. They're mid-table for a reason. Take the emotion out of it and just play football and we'll win comfortably, as we did midweek. Get caught up in the madness and you'll play into their hands.

We didn't give them a headstart, they've won 11 games in a row. Ok we dropped points in two games but that's bound to happen in a league season, before that we didn't lose in 15 matches.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »

We haven't given anyone a head start. Chelsea have won 11 on the spin. Anyone who does that is going to end up with a significant league lead.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2016, 07:32:12 pm »
Keep our heads and we will win.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2016, 07:46:45 pm »
Want to see lots of this,

More of this please

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »
it will be a tough one, we haven't won there for 5 years now so let's end it tomorrow.
Lukaku can cause our defense some problems but our attack will manage to get a few, i am guessing a 2-1 for us.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2016, 08:08:46 pm »
Please just win.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2016, 08:18:54 pm »
We haven't given anyone a head start. Chelsea have won 11 on the spin. Anyone who does that is going to end up with a significant league lead.

I'm saying the title race tends to properly start after Christmas and Chelsea will have a significant lead unless we stop dropping silly points.

Yes Chelsea have won 11 straight and we've done fantastic this year, better than perhaps anyone expected. But in any season you'd expect us to beat West Ham at home, and being 1-3 away at Bournemouth you'd expect to win. That'd leave us 1 point off them if we win tomorrow. Despite Chelsea winning 11 straight we'd be up their arse had we not been complacent. And I think we have been.

So yes, we have, in sorts given them a headstart, because we've dropped stupid points where they haven't. They've been winning their winnable games. Mainly 1-0.

I think we'll win tomorrow night and keep in touch, but if we don't it has to go down as a bad result.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »
Want to see lots of this,

I wonder does he realise just how famous he is  ;D
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2016, 08:50:26 pm »
I'm saying the title race tends to properly start after Christmas and Chelsea will have a significant lead unless we stop dropping silly points.

Yes Chelsea have won 11 straight and we've done fantastic this year, better than perhaps anyone expected. But in any season you'd expect us to beat West Ham at home, and being 1-3 away at Bournemouth you'd expect to win. That'd leave us 1 point off them if we win tomorrow. Despite Chelsea winning 11 straight we'd be up their arse had we not been complacent. And I think we have been.

So yes, we have, in sorts given them a headstart, because we've dropped stupid points where they haven't. They've been winning their winnable games. Mainly 1-0.

I think we'll win tomorrow night and keep in touch, but if we don't it has to go down as a bad result.

i think you need to seek the definition of a head start. We didn't give them such a head start, we dropped points, prior to that they had dropped points and we didn't.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2016, 09:06:47 pm »
anyone else go into derbies with literally no worry?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:10 pm »
I think this will be a tough game for us. Everton's players will go out on the pitch desperate to show Moshiri that they are good enough to wear the shirt and that he should shelve his proposed moves for Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Sanchez.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:30 pm »

Opposite

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »

Nope.

Go into every match worrying
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »
We battered them 4-0 at Anfield and to be honest 4-0 flattered them. They've added Gueye to the midfield and Bolasie who is now out for the season. Williams at the back is a slight improvement on John Stones but that isn't saying a great deal.

It's still the same team pretty much. We have fitter players, faster players. We play much better football than them and have scored twice as many goals as them. Yeah, they might have a nasty streak in one or two players that we don't have but that wont be the difference between the sides. Coutinho missing is a blow for us and possibly Matip too but we've got enough in reserve to cope.

Form goes out of the window in these games but it shouldn't need to. Ride the early storm from them (the fumeometer will be at raging point before kick off) and take the sting out of it. Once we do that and start getting our attacking players into the right areas they wont know how to cope.

I sense a big game from Firmino. He's been off the boil for a while but I can see him bouncing back with a goal or two. We're just better than them in almost every department and the table proves that (as it has done for many years).

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2016, 09:41:43 pm »
I think this will be a tough game for us. Everton's players will go out on the pitch desperate to show Moshiri that they are good enough to wear the shirt and that he should shelve his proposed moves for Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Sanchez.

That quartet will only cost them about £600m, leaving about the same to sort the defence out so watch out Williams and Jagielka, your days at the Pit are numbered.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2016, 09:50:08 pm »
We battered them 4-0 at Anfield and to be honest 4-0 flattered them. They've added Gueye to the midfield and Bolasie who is now out for the season. Williams at the back is a slight improvement on John Stones but that isn't saying a great deal.

It's still the same team pretty much. We have fitter players, faster players. We play much better football than them and have scored twice as many goals as them. Yeah, they might have a nasty streak in one or two players that we don't have but that wont be the difference between the sides. Coutinho missing is a blow for us and possibly Matip too but we've got enough in reserve to cope.

Form goes out of the window in these games but it shouldn't need to. Ride the early storm from them (the fumeometer will be at raging point before kick off) and take the sting out of it. Once we do that and start getting our attacking players into the right areas they wont know how to cope.

I sense a big game from Firmino. He's been off the boil for a while but I can see him bouncing back with a goal or two. We're just better than them in almost every department and the table proves that (as it has done for many years).

All of that is very true mate, but until we learn how to manage games the way we need to, we can't take no game for granted.
Have to win though and keep pace with Chelsea.
What's the story with Matip is he fi again ?  Hope so, but if not Klavan wont let anyone down

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2016, 10:10:33 pm »
I'm with Chops on this one.

There will be an ungodly number of nervous poos before kickoff..
@Yvanicuzz

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2016, 11:26:33 pm »

At Anfield? I'm always supremely confident. At Goodison i am never sure which Liverpool side will turn up.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2016, 11:28:53 pm »
Have to win tomorrow night really. Nervous as fuck about it. Hate playing on a Monday night.

The Ev will be well up for it. Just hope the c*nts stick to playing football and don't injure our players.

Mig
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum Lallana
Mane Firmino Origi
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2016, 11:44:47 pm »
We're maturing as a side. To win isn't enough now, I wouldn't be surprised if we scored early then sit on the lead and defend for the duration. Or....you know....we could bang in 5  :)

We've got this!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2016, 11:44:53 pm »
Have to win. Just win. Don't care how, just win. Anyone thinking this isn't a must win or that we can catch up later is talking shit.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »
sleepless night ahead - hate playing last on a Monday with other results known

extra bit of pressure but we need any kind of win

just win please!

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2016, 11:50:44 pm »
Let's batter these c*nts

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2016, 12:04:40 am »
Honest to blog expecting a pretty comfortable win - particularly if Matip comes back.

Something like a 2-0 would be nice.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2016, 12:07:13 am »
Have to win. Just win. Don't care how, just win. Anyone thinking this isn't a must win or that we can catch up later is talking shit.

We can catch up though, it just depends on how far behind we are. I said that if we go into the new year more than 6 points behind Chelsea then we probably won't catch up, but if we keep it to 6 points or even 7 at a stretch, there's still a chance. Chelsea have Spurs (a), Leicester (a) and us at Anfield all in January. And right after they play us, their first game of February is Arsenal. It's a must win but even if we fail to win then I still wouldn't crown Chelsea as champions just yet.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2016, 12:07:20 am »
Feels like an eternity since Chelsea played. No work on Monday though, so I can watch with the LFC Boston boys. Definitely a game where I'll appreciate the atmosphere.

Can't say I'm certain we'll win, but I am certain that we're the better team by far.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2016, 12:11:38 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6uSL8jAd5-8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6uSL8jAd5-8</a>

Lucas is a legend

I think we should set up crowd funding to get Lallana a new pair of jeans :)

I have a good feeling about this one 3 - 0  --  Origi, Firmino, Lallana

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2016, 12:23:58 am »

You're obviously not very good at math then if you think 9 points is an insurmountable points difference with 63 still available. It isn't a MUST win but obviously it's a game the entire fanbase desperately wants to win for obvious reasons. Anyone thinking this is a must win (excluding the fact that it's a derby) or that we can't catch up to 1st place should we drop points is using crazy hyperbole and needs to chill the fuck out. 

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2016, 12:24:24 am »
4-0
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2016, 12:30:20 am »
4-0

As the saying goes, they were lucky to get nil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2016, 12:55:01 am »
I'll take a one nil win, anywin just win and make them boo their tits off.