Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 105075 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #760 on: January 3, 2017, 04:28:52 pm »
While I do think Hendo is a lot better as a DM than Emre and Emre was really poor yesterday, it's a bit unfair to draw too many conclusions from a game where a player played for the second time in less than 48 hours. These things happen maybe a couple of times a year. Hopefully Emre has a decent few games against Soton and we don't rush Hendo's return...

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: January 3, 2017, 04:37:21 pm »
I don't think Can has been fully at the races since he bossed the 2nd leg vs Villareal last season. He was shockingly good in that game.

I'm not sure what it is but he just seems very ponderous at the minute, which completely disrupts our playing style. He'll come good again, no doubt about that, but we need Henderson back in there ASAP as he's been phenomenal this season thus far.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #762 on: January 3, 2017, 04:38:21 pm »
Can was poor yesterday but the whole team were not in sync as well the passing throughout the team lacked crispness and accuracy, anyone writing Can off too quickly is a tad hasty in my opinion, he  is not as good as Henderson however he is receiving the same criticisms that were levelled at Henderson a couple of years ago, and levelled at Lallana and Lovren even more recently.

so lets not jump to immediate conclusions that are knee jerk and will only leave the person with massive egg on their face.

We missed Henderson, we also collectively didnt deliver a good performance but you know as lack lustre as we were it still took two penalties for them to score against us.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: January 3, 2017, 05:42:33 pm »
The problem is when Can plays at this pace you might as well drag him off after two minutes because you know it's gonna be one of them, he's either on it or completely off the pace, and not just a little bit either but massively, it's even more noticeable when he's deeper too. I'd of literally took any other midfielder in his place yesterday.

He's should never play that role again, take Stewart over him there.