Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 105063 times)

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #40 on: May 6, 2016, 12:18:17 am »

If Beckenbauer was "Der Kaiser" and Gerd Muller "Der Bomber" surely Emre Can is "Der Panzer"
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #41 on: May 6, 2016, 12:27:03 am »
Future German captain lifting at least one international trophy to go with his multiple domestic and European ones in a red shirt and armband. He's huge.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42 on: May 6, 2016, 12:31:07 am »
Called it pre-season, our most important midfield player.

Him and Xabi next year is going to be awesome.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43 on: May 6, 2016, 01:00:52 am »
Words don't adequately describe the importance and calm he brings to the team.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #44 on: May 6, 2016, 01:03:52 am »
DECENT  ;)
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2016, 01:09:00 am »
pivotal player for us already, with 22

can´t believe he is so young...

we should tie him up for long time and build our midfield around him.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46 on: May 6, 2016, 01:15:10 am »
Nailing down a spot in our first 11 for next season, been brilliant recently

While he's playing his best football for us in his current role, I'd be very interested to see how he'd get on with a Mascherano-type just behind him. Someone to give him real license to foray forward at will, while still dictating the flow of the match as he did last night.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 6, 2016, 01:16:22 am »
Absolute beast patrolling that midfield in a 4141 allowing us to press so high up the pitch, squashing any threat like a flea!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 6, 2016, 02:55:57 am »

While he's playing his best football for us in his current role, I'd be very interested to see how he'd get on with a Mascherano-type just behind him. Someone to give him real license to foray forward at will, while still dictating the flow of the match as he did last night.

I'm quite happy with him in his current role. Brilliant at snuffing out the opposition and he is brilliant at running the ball from deep, keeping it and getting us on to the front foot. Would be silly and take away what he is so exceptionally good at if we started him further forward. He;s so good he does the job of someone like Masch and drives it forward like a perfect partner for Masch would. He's two for the price of one.

Said early doors (yay look at me give me credit I was right) that he's a future captain. I still stand by that. I don't want to turn this into a Hendo bashing thread, so before anyone tries to do that then fuck off.  I'm one of Hendo's biggest fans and think he will still be a huge player for us but I think giving the armband to Emre would be the best for the team and for Hendo to concentrate on his own game again.

He just grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck tonight, he simply wasn't going to allow himself to be on the losing team.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: May 6, 2016, 03:43:52 am »
I'm quite happy with him in his current role. Brilliant at snuffing out the opposition and he is brilliant at running the ball from deep, keeping it and getting us on to the front foot. Would be silly and take away what he is so exceptionally good at if we started him further forward. He;s so good he does the job of someone like Masch and drives it forward like a perfect partner for Masch would. He's two for the price of one.

Said early doors (yay look at me give me credit I was right) that he's a future captain. I still stand by that. I don't want to turn this into a Hendo bashing thread, so before anyone tries to do that then fuck off.  I'm one of Hendo's biggest fans and think he will still be a huge player for us but I think giving the armband to Emre would be the best for the team and for Hendo to concentrate on his own game again.

He just grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck tonight, he simply wasn't going to allow himself to be on the losing team.

I've said that Emre is future captain since that Beşiktaş game last season when he told  Sturridge to celebrate the Balotelli penalty. The guy has true leadership qualities...............loved how he pointed to Benteke after the winning pen against Crystal palace.............

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #50 on: May 6, 2016, 04:36:28 am »
I agree that he should stay deep. He's good at driving the game forward. When he's required to make quick decisions in confined spaces further up the pitch, he isn't as effective.

I thought the one thing we missed most while he was out was the way his driving runs transitioned defense into attack. We'd be crazy to give that up so he can start further up the pitch.

I think it would be useful to have a more defensive player like Lucas next to him in certain games though. The two could both start deeper, but Can could be responsible for driving forward while the other sits. I think his ability to do this enables us to play a double pivot far more effectively than we could do with any non-Can combination.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 6, 2016, 06:27:14 am »
I agree that he should stay deep. He's good at driving the game forward. When he's required to make quick decisions in confined spaces further up the pitch, he isn't as effective.

I thought the one thing we missed most while he was out was the way his driving runs transitioned defense into attack. We'd be crazy to give that up so he can start further up the pitch.

I think it would be useful to have a more defensive player like Lucas next to him in certain games though. The two could both start deeper, but Can could be responsible for driving forward while the other sits. I think his ability to do this enables us to play a double pivot far more effectively than we could do with any non-Can combination.

These games where you think he needs a defensive player like Lucas is where Henderson still has a huge part to play. Can, Hendo and Milner is a very good midfield 3. They will press and press and press. Obviously Hendo would then have to come in for one of those attacking players but as you say in certain games, this will be required anyway. I'm intrigued as to what Klopp thinks our best 11 is when everybody is fit. Out of the attacking players Lallana would probably be everybody's first choice to omit, but for me he is essential to the way we want to play. He plays Klopp's pressing game better than anybody we have. It also helps he is an incredibly gifted footballer who is adept with either foot and also possibly does the Cruyff turn better than the late, great man himself!

For me, it would be Can, Hendo, Milner with Lallana, Firmino/Coutinho and Sturridge/Origi.

Sorry, went a bit off topic there. Anyway, Can is a mainstay regardless of who, where or what we play.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 6, 2016, 06:33:21 am »
Just wrap him up in cotton wool until the Final. Insane performance...literally did everything you want from that position and then some.

And then he's bursting through the middle at 89..on a fucked ankle. Jesus.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #53 on: May 6, 2016, 06:40:36 am »

Don't take this the wrong way, because I think Can is a great player:
I think he would get stuck, honestly, and it would lead to a lot of frustration. He lacks a bit of technical edge and agility to be a top level attacking midfielder, IMO.
This year he has one PL goal, no assists. Same last year. That says something.
I think part of his success this year has been that he has found his role. Last year he tried to do everything everywhere when in midfield, like a young Gerrard. Now he's doing what he does best, much more like Xabi Alonso or the older Gerrard. Alonso also didn't get many points, but he was incredibly important for us.
Defensively he still has a lot to learn, but he has all the tools.

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 6, 2016, 06:46:02 am »
Called it pre-season, our most important midfield player.

Him and Xabi next year is going to be awesome.

With all due respect to both that would be a very slow midfield.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #55 on: May 6, 2016, 06:59:00 am »
His presence gave the whole team a lift, really impressed with him last night.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 6, 2016, 08:40:51 am »
Can we just offer him a new 13 year contract and set buy-out clause at 200 million? If it's anything less than 200 million, I can see oil clubs going for it.

And while we are at it, can he be our vice-captain next season?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 6, 2016, 09:15:33 am »
Just a reminder. Tony Evans on Emre Can:  ;D

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #58 on: May 6, 2016, 09:35:41 am »
A&E department in Munich was chocker last night,reports of a large number of individuals from Bayern suffering leg injuries from apparent 'kicking themselves' syndrome.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #59 on: May 6, 2016, 09:42:03 am »
Emre last night and every night:

Das Panzer

The lad is class, showed some character as a certain someone might say to come back quickly, put in a dominant display and marshal that midfield. He is seriously important to us, last night showed, massive difference between both legs of this semi, with and without Emre! (obvs a team game but he was superb and this is his thread so...)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #60 on: May 6, 2016, 09:44:47 am »
He's a tank that knows how to put in sublime passes too!!

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 6, 2016, 09:46:05 am »
Yep, as I've been saying the last few weeks. One of our best players simple as that. Beast. Knew he'd get himself back in half the time.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
« Reply #62 on: May 6, 2016, 09:47:21 am »
Just a reminder. Tony Evans on Emre Can:  ;D

That Tony Evans is a twat!

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #63 on: May 6, 2016, 09:47:54 am »
Great business getting him in so young. What a talented player.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #64 on: May 6, 2016, 09:51:09 am »
I'm for turning for this man

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #65 on: May 6, 2016, 10:04:49 am »
Captain. Make it happen. Absolute beast of a player.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #66 on: May 6, 2016, 10:11:27 am »
As I mentioned last night, when he plays he pretty much holds the midfield together on his own. Milner is given license to get forward and attack which leaves Can fairly isolated but he has the physicality and mobility to keep the midfield tight.

He’s our best midfielder by some significant distance at the moment, considering he had just returned from injury, probably his best performance of the season.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2016, 10:13:50 am »
Slotted back in seamlessly. What a man.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #68 on: May 6, 2016, 10:16:57 am »
As I mentioned last night, when he plays he pretty much holds the midfield together on his own. Milner is given license to get forward and attack which leaves Can fairly isolated but he has the physicality and mobility to keep the midfield tight.

He’s our best midfielder by some significant distance at the moment, considering he had just returned from injury, probably his best performance of the season.

It was almost certainly a career best performance.

Majestic and for what..£10m?

What is his value now?

Right now £40m wouldn't tempt me.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: May 6, 2016, 10:22:29 am »
Yep, as I've been saying the last few weeks. One of our best players simple as that. Beast. Knew he'd get himself back in half the time.

How did you know that?

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: May 6, 2016, 10:23:56 am »
Can we just offer him a new 13 year contract and set buy-out clause at 200 million? If it's anything less than 200 million, I can see oil clubs going for it.

And while we are at it, can he be our vice-captain next season?
We the only club in the world that makes a issue over this vice captain nonsense

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 6, 2016, 10:33:37 am »
How did you know that?

Because he's a winner. It's like Suarez. He could break his leg but be back in 6 weeks.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #72 on: May 6, 2016, 10:42:01 am »
Not bad for a german  ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #73 on: May 6, 2016, 11:10:04 am »
Injury? What injury?

He was absolutely immense.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 6, 2016, 11:24:28 am »
“I put in a lot of work,” Can told the ECHO.

“I didn’t have one day off in three weeks.

“Every day I was at Melwood for seven or eight hours, doing everything I could to get fit for this game.

Yep, not every player does that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #75 on: May 6, 2016, 11:25:43 am »

“Every day I was at Melwood for seven or eight hours, doing everything I could to get fit for this game.

How do you know?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: May 6, 2016, 11:26:24 am »

Thought you said you were just on a wind up the other day?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 6, 2016, 11:32:06 am »
Thought you said you were just on a wind up the other day?

Of course he/she wasn't.

He only came out with that crap cause he got pulled up for it  ;)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #78 on: May 6, 2016, 11:35:59 am »
Of course he/she wasn't.

He only came out with that crap cause he got pulled up for it  ;)

Oh don't worry, I know  ;)

Anyway, hasn't Origi just said recently he was there early and left late in a bid to get fit.

Let's be honest, the players put in the work set out for them by the club. If that's a few hours a day with rest because that's what will help them recover then that's what they do, if it's long days pushing themselves then likewise, that's what they'll do.

They aren't turning round and saying, nah, can't be arsed coming in today, will see you Monday.

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 6, 2016, 11:45:51 am »
Beast
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly