Author Topic: LFC Manager Jürgen Klopp: Interviews, conferences, articles  (Read 43652 times)

Offline binge

• Kopite
Re: Media watch -Klopp headlines
« Reply #40 on: October 9, 2015, 09:20:34 pm »
Stoppage time winner.... The klopps are robbers

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #41 on: October 9, 2015, 09:23:04 pm »
Hopefully not, but if our defence still fucks up....Keystone Klopps
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2015, 09:44:56 pm »
 Jurgenna regret this thread. 
« Last Edit: October 9, 2015, 10:36:51 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 9, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »
Stoppage time winner.... The klopps are robbers
Klopptomaniacs.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #44 on: October 9, 2015, 09:56:40 pm »
Crazy Klopp Karate Kicks c*nt Mourinho

Offline Juggly2

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: October 9, 2015, 10:08:14 pm »
The hunt for red Klopptober

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #46 on: October 9, 2015, 10:09:39 pm »
After winning the World Cup Championship...

Kloppin' All Over The World

Cheers
Jon

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 9, 2015, 10:19:22 pm »
After topping the table at Christmas this year.

Jurgen Klopperfield's magic wand
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »
First home game:

Kop club claps as Klopp clocks on

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »
"Klopptomaniac" when he accidentally leaves the asda without paying for a frankfurter that had slipped in amongst his purchase of open toe sandals and knee high white socks.
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: LFC Manager Jürgen Klopp: Interviews, conferences, articles
« Reply #50 on: October 9, 2015, 10:37:28 pm »
Some more from a chat with James Pearce of the Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-we-might-10233939

New Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp reflected on the events of the previous hour. The barrage of questions from the world’s media and the flash bulbs accompanying his every move as he took a stroll around Anfield.

“It is the craziest situation I have ever been in,” he said.

“All the photographs, all this big trouble.

“This is not what I want. I only want to work with the team. But this is part of the deal. So, okay, we do this today.

“Let’s start tomorrow to work with the team.”

Klopp produced a masterful display on his unveiling in front of the cameras but it’s how his players perform under pressure which now dominates his thoughts.

The 48-year-old jumped into a people carrier to take him from his media commitments at Anfield to Melwood to meet those, including captain Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho, who aren’t on international duty.

It will be the middle of next week before he gets the full squad together but Klopp has already set out what he will demand from those who wear the shirt at Tottenham next Saturday. It involves plenty of hard graft.

“I am not the guy who is going to go out and shout ‘we are going to conquer the world’ or something like this,” he said.

“But we will conquer the ball, yeah? Each ****ing time!

“We will chase the ball. We will run more, fight more. We will work more together, better together. We will have better organisation in defence than the other teams.

“We have to find our own way to play. Our performances have to be enjoyable for ourselves.

“I don’t want to tackle too rough but if there is a tackle that is legal, that is a good tackle that gets the ball, it’s like a goal, if you want? Yeeaaah! What I want is to be a real special team.

“We cannot talk about football philosophy and ball possession, playing like Barcelona, playing like whoever.

“No, this team needs to create their own style. If you have the ball you have to be creative but you have to be prepared that if you lose the ball the counter pressing is very important. It is not a proposal, it is law.

“You cannot decide ‘um’, you have to do it and you will. That is what we all have to learn.”

Klopp revealed that he had watched Liverpool’s final three games under Brendan Rodgers on TV, suggesting he had been in dialogue with owners Fenway Sports Group following last month’s embarrassing Capital One Cup win on penalties against lowly Carlisle.

The German says his biggest challenge in the short-term is to instil some belief in a squad who haven’t been playing with “fun on their faces”.

“I’ve seen the last three but if you ask me on Sunday I will have seen 20,” he said.

“The other games I only saw the goals. For 90 minutes, I saw Everton, Sion and Aston Villa.

“Aston Villa was really good. Good goals but if you don’t defend the crosses it can happen against this striker (Rudy Gestede).

“Against Sion, in this game you saw the whole pressure on the team. The first chance missed and everyone is going... (acts panicky).

“You can see it in their eyes, they are not free. Football is about creating chances, not to make 20 goals a game. It is not possible.

“If you feel ‘yes I can miss, the next chance we will get’ then you are free and you can stay confident.

“That is very important. In the game against Sion, you saw many of the problems because there was so much pressure on the players. We have to work so that they feel good. I couldn’t see any fun in this game in no faces and that is not so good.

“In Everton of course it was a derby and pressure on both teams. It was a little bit old school. It was kick and rush, bam, bam, bam, long balls but the fighting spirit was really okay.

“It was not the best game in the last 10 years I would say. In these three games you could see a lot of things. The early goal against Aston Villa, it opened them up and then they played. That is what I want to work for.

“We have to change things. First we have to see what is up at Melwood.”

Klopp admits the challenge facing him at Anfield is similar to the one at Borussia Dortmund when he took over there in 2008.

Over the seven years that followed he masterminded a remarkable transformation as they won two Bundesliga titles, the German Cup, three German Super Clubs and reached the Champions League final.

“If I think back it is the same,” he said.

“When I came there they were 13th and the year before they were in the cup final but nobody could enjoy the football. That was what the problem was.

“The people came, you can be in position 18th and they will come - 80,000 each week so that is no problem. But of course, they were waiting.

“We had so many young players but I don’t care about age. I’m not interested in it. If you’re old and good then fine, if you’re young and good fine then come. The only thing I need is players that want to help the team.

“They have to listen to what I say, that is very important because I believe it is better to have 11 players do the same thing wrong than everybody doing what they want. We have to do it one way and that is my way.”

Some 14 months ago Klopp visited Anfield for the first time with his Dortmund squad for a pre-season friendly against Rodgers’ Liverpool.

He touched the ‘This Is Anfield’ sign and gazed in wonderment at the Kop. Now he finds himself tasked with kick-starting the revival.

"That is one of the main reasons why I love this game so much," he said.

"It is the only game where you can create something like this. We can all play this game a little bit, we all have our own experiences with this game and then we want to see the best players in the world.

"That is why I enjoy it so much. I am a lucky guy. I had a special club with Mainz, a special club with Borussia Dortmund and now I am here. This is the best thing I can imagine.

"I’ve never had a plan for my career. I react on what happens and what I feel inside. For me it fits perfectly for me."
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: October 9, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »
One ticked off already in tomorrow's Mirror:

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Manager Jürgen Klopp: Interviews, conferences, articles
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2015, 10:39:08 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/09/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-lays-down-law-anfield

Jürgen Klopp lays down the law on his first day as Liverpool manager

German says his players must listen and follow his lead
 Klopp hits out at Premier League’s obsession with money

Jürgen Klopp said his ambition for Liverpool was not to conquer the world but “conquer the ball each time” as he warned players his way was the only way to succeed at Anfield.

The 48-year-old was unveiled at a packed Anfield press conference on Friday where he described himself as the Normal One, vowed to bring “emotional football” to Liverpool and embraced the club’s often criticised transfer committee system.

He also targeted a trophy within four years or his next job, he suggested, would be in Switzerland. Later, away from the television cameras, he signalled an immediate departure from the Brendan Rodgers era by declaring it was premature to discuss football philosophies or possession tactics. Rodgers did precisely that at his unveiling as Liverpool manager. Klopp claimed Liverpool’s intense approach to football, as a city and a club, had persuaded him to abandon a sabbatical after four months and sign a three-year contract with “the cool guys” of Fenway Sports Group.

Seemingly surprised at his status as one of the biggest draws in the Premier League, he also appealed for privacy having been photographed at his hotel window in the city on Thursday. “I am not the guy who is going to go out and shout: ‘We are going to conquer the world!’ or something like this. But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time. We will chase the ball. We will run more, fight more,” said the former Borussia Dortmund coach, who will earn up to £7m a year at Anfield.

He added: “The only thing I need is players that want to help the team. They have to listen to what I say.

“That is very important because I believe it is better to have 11 players do the same thing wrong than everybody doing what they want. We have to do it one way and that is my way. Now we cannot talk about football philosophy and ball possession, playing like Barcelona, playing like whoever. No, this team needs to create their own style.

“If you have the ball you have to be creative but you have to be prepared that if you lose the ball the counter-pressing is very important.

“It is very important in football. It is not a proposal, it is law.

“You have to do it and you will. That is what we all have to learn, maybe. I’m only interested in 100% of each player. Now we have to work on that.”

Klopp revealed he spent his four months out of the game with family, playing tennis and watching football around the world. But, having joined Liverpool despite being linked with title-challenging teams guaranteeing Champions League football, such as Bayern Munich, he denied relishing an underdog status.

“I enjoy being an underdog? No,” he said, laughing. “For managers it is very important that you can influence the things on the pitch, that you can change the things in a better direction, of course. I’ve never seen or been talking to these other clubs. I don’t think about things like this. I’ve never had a plan for my career. I react on what happens and I hear what I feel inside. For me, it fits perfect.”

The Stuttgart-born coach made frequent references to the Premier League’s obsession with money and, in another departure from several previous Liverpool managers, insisted it would not define his ability to construct a successful team.

Asked whether Liverpool could attract a player of the calibre of Marco Reus without Champions League football, having failed to entice several targets during Rodgers’ reign, Klopp replied: “I absolutely don’t care about this.

“If we cannot sign a player like him then we are not interested in him. We will have to take other players. The whole world plays football, there are players everywhere.

“It is only here that money is such a big thing. It is money, money, money. OK, there is much money. You don’t have to spend all the money. You can hold it and make something else. Of course, not having Champions League football is a problem, it is a negative. Of course, it should be a target for all ambitious teams to play in the Champions League, for sure. But only four go in. You have to fight for it, not just talk about it. You don’t have to speak always.

“You have to look at which players are reachable and not dream of this player or that player and then say: ‘But they don’t want to come to Liverpool.’ If a player doesn’t want to come to Liverpool then stay away. Really. If you think about the weather, stay away. If you think about other things, stay away. If you want to come here, you are welcome. That is the first and most important issue.”

Klopp admitted he had watched Liverpool’s last three games before his appointment – Everton, FC Sion in the Europa League and the 3-2 win over Aston Villa eight days before Rodgers’ departure. “Three until now and ask me on Sunday and I will have seen 20,” he said.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2015, 10:52:17 pm »
After cuming second this season..... Kloppy seconds

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2015, 11:59:01 pm »
Cyklopps. New Liverpool boss has one eye on the title already.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:04:34 am by pascoli »
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:46 am »
After beating Arsenal - Crafty Klopp Shoots Down Gunners

After a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge - Normal One Special Nil

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 01:11:37 am »
Jurgen is king of the klopp  ;D
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 01:27:52 am »
After losing his eye to a Mourinho touchline finger gouge -

Cyklopps

(I'll get me coat)

Offline crichton

• Main Stander
  • Earn The Right
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 01:33:31 am »
Kops klopp coup

After we appoint world class manager Jurgen Klopp.   Oh wait.   
15 years on RAWK and I’m grateful for every post. Wandering Red finally back home.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 01:35:50 am »
When spotted in Blackpool ...... It's a fair klopp

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 01:38:39 am »
Oot v Scouse argument....... Lamb clopps

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:53 am »
Kloppifornication!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2015, 01:47:43 am »
After winning the World Cup Championship...

Kloppin' All Over The World

Cheers
Jon

Ha - That's great!! - i'm already singing that one!!!  :wellin :wellin :wellin :wave

"And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it
I li-li-like it, li-li-like
Here we go, kloppin' all over the world!"

Will make a boss banner for those European away nights  :scarf :scarf :scarf
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2015, 02:06:21 am »
Kuickly Selected One!
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 02:09:45 am »
"GET TO THE KLOPPA!"

... Following a smash and grab win at OT where half of Uniteds players have been injured by crunching tackles and Klopp has roundhouse kicked Van Gaal while our team evacuate down the tunnel with the entire stadium incensed with rage   :no  :no

Offline all-white-red

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 03:18:25 am »
A plea from the Kop:
Oh please Mr.Klopp
The rot can you stop
And put us on top

:P

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 03:22:03 am »
"GET TO THE KLOPPA!"

... Following a smash and grab win at OT where half of Uniteds players have been injured by crunching tackles and Klopp has roundhouse kicked Van Gaal while our team evacuate down the tunnel with the entire stadium incensed with rage   :no  :no
"Devils Klopped"
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline TommyTM

• Main Stander
  • I say old chap!
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 03:30:11 am »
After going on a  long winning run,  culminating in subjecting stoke to a revenge  drubbing:

Harried potters, JK rolling
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:33:33 am by TommyTM »
Man up and support you bunch of pussies. We just spotted Chelsea our best player and pwned them at the Bridge.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 03:51:14 am »
After going on a  long winning run,  culminating in subjecting stoke to a revenge  drubbing:

Harried potters, JK rolling
:wellin

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 05:27:42 am »
Klopptoberfest.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 05:36:39 am »
Klopptoberfest.

please god that would be marvelous

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 06:24:29 am »
Klopp that!
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 06:33:45 am »
"KLOPP YER NUTTING!
"Liverpool mayor issues citywide tissue rationing in wake of wankpocalypse"
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2015, 06:35:50 am »
"WANKKLOPPOLYPSE!"
"Merseyside masturbation cresting record levels as German takes Reds' reins"
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 07:32:37 am »
When the faces of the opposition shows that they are clearly shitting their pants inthe tunnel due to the incredible atmosphere and 90 minutes that faces them ....

"Touching Klopp "

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2015, 08:57:10 am »
After beating wolves or hull city

Kloppwork orange!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline REDbrown

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2015, 10:12:44 am »
Klopptomaniacs steal another win!
<message deleted>

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:09 am »
Dr Kloppenstein... for when he fashions a bunch of disparate parts into a monster.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:14 am »
"Well who could have predicted this"!!!

...........Paul the Kloctopus?

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2015, 10:18:20 am »
Klopptical Illusion... for when we're so good, you won't believe your eyes.